MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia III: Revenge of the Godfather
Aghammer at 8:40PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
FYI, about the Veteran

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Hakoshen at 8:51PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
Only thing I'm trying to figure out is why the hell Magic Johnson is repping Rent-A-Center and Tax return services.

Seriously. What the frak.

But about the vet, I just assumed that even if the vet survived there would be a narrative.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
leaderofstars at 10:12PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
But about the vet, I just assumed that even if the vet survived there would be a narrative.

maybe humorman has been abducted by pod people and NOW THEY'RE GOING TO CONQUER THE WORLD. *screams random incoherent gibberish then picks up a brick and resumes looting*
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Dukat at 11:20PM, March 3, 2009
(offline)
For those that want the extra mafia game, Megatokyo Forums has it's recruiting thread winding down for it's latest themed mafia game. If you want to join, you'll have to register for the forums, and post that you came from here so people don't think you're a sockpuppet.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Ochitsukanai at 11:37PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
The beginnings of these games always coincide somehow with essays and exams. I think this is some sort of secret, improbable, multi-forum conspiracy! Just y'all wait until I usurp the throne… -shakes fist-

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
leaderofstars at 11:40PM, March 3, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
The beginnings of these games always coincide somehow with essays and exams. I think this is some sort of secret, improbable, multi-forum conspiracy! Just y'all wait until I usurp the throne… -shakes fist-

she knows to much. replace her

power to the offspring
gullas at 12:54AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses. One window caught his eye. There are no dogs in the yard… all looks clear as he peered through the window. An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring. The shadow smiled. He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked! Luck smiles on him. He opened the door. Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house. The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow's long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home. The man didn't even twitch a whisker. And it's done.

The 2ndredbardon was no longer dead asleep… just dead.

One down… 20 to go!
The paramedic banged on the door of the bodyguard for over an hour, but no one came.

There was a lot of movement in the yards of the town . Slowly a shadowy figure approached the house of Dukat. The duck or cat,or what every he was, was curled up with his crash helmet on his head. Somewhere in the back of the house a CD was playing. The figure raised a knife and peacefully ended the sleeping duck/cat.

Dukat (Townie)

So I whent quikly through all of the profiles and this is what I noticed..
In my opinion there is a chance of the killings being made by the same person, because of the shadowy element in both of ‘em.
The black and white tv might be a reference to humorman’s, ochi's and/or Aghammer's avi.
The kitty refrence has alredy been posted here quiet few times.
Skullbie's avatar is a two slices of bread, might have some connection to the kitchen knife refrence but higly unlikely.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
leaderofstars at 12:58AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
gullas
Niccea
A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses. One window caught his eye. There are no dogs in the yard… all looks clear as he peered through the window. An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring. The shadow smiled. He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked! Luck smiles on him. He opened the door. Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house. The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow's long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home. The man didn't even twitch a whisker. And it's done.

One down… 20 to go!
The paramedic banged on the door of the bodyguard for over an hour, but no one came.

There was a lot of movement in the yards of the town . Slowly a shadowy figure approached the house of Dukat. The duck or cat,or what every he was, was curled up with his crash helmet on his head. Somewhere in the back of the house a CD was playing. The figure raised a knife and peacefully ended the sleeping duck/cat.

Dukat (Townie)

So I whent quikly through all of the profiles and this is what I noticed..
In my opinion there is a chance of the killings being made by the same person, because of the shadowy element in both of ‘em.
The black and white tv might be a reference to humorman’s and Aghammer's avis.
The kitty refrence has alredy been posted here quiet few times.
Skullbie's avatar is a two slices of bread, might have some connection to the kitchen knife refrence but higly unlikely.

this narrows it down a few

power to the offspring
gullas at 1:00AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Damn, forgot that my avatar is also B/w… oh well…
leaderofstars at 1:07AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
gullas

ain't you an unborn child as well

power to the offspring
gullas at 2:30AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
leaderofstars
gullas

ain't you an unborn child as well
Not me as a person, but bobby sure aint no unborn child though he's a fetus :P
theorah at 4:59AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
agreed that the killings were possibly done by one person! Although if you're the ripper doesnt that mean you dont leave behind clues or something? (am I getting mixed up with something else?) so maybe it isnt the ripper?

gotta say the cat thing sticks out for me, so maybe its Kitty17 or Harkovast, I also thought maybe Moogles, except only people who have played the FF games would know how moogles are cat-like, so that probably doesnt really count :S

I'm used to the last game where you look in the forum for what people have said XD But I will start looking through avatars etc. instead :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
harkovast at 5:02AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
I would expect some sort of statement if the veteran was atacked, but it is possible that niccea is not doing that (thought a bit lame!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
harkovast at 5:02AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
Theorah the riipper gets two attacks I believe, but still leaves clues.
And the cat thing does not work. The whiskers were on the VICTIM!

Hakoshen at 5:19AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
I'm starting the think the whiskers may have been on the victim. Both killings were against people in their sleep and done peacefully with a knife by a shadowy figure, so the whiskers might have been about the victim dying peacefully and not even twitching.

EDIT: The statement formerly here is actually untrue now that I've taken a closer look at it.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
harkovast at 5:29AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
I wish niccea had just said moustache!
The whiskers refer to the WW1 germans moustache.
Observe-

They are on the victim, who is the man. The killer is the shadow.
Now can anyone find referances to being silent, quiet or sleeping in other peoples comics or profiles?

Niccea at 6:19AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Hark I'm not being lame. I interviewed Dukat about common practices in mafia games.

Votes stand: There is your label Ody

Harkovast (1)
Humorman

Humorman (3)
Harkovast
Vakanai

Aghammer (1)
Gullas

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Niccea at 6:24AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Just realized I had a typo in this clue. It is fixed now.
Niccea

“One down… 19 to go!”

harkovast at 6:31AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
I jsut checked with niccea and I can confirm the following (ask her yourself if any of your don't believe me)

The whiskers ARE on the victim as I said. So there is no serious cat connection to these crimes (they were likely done by the same person and the dogs being mentioned only the first time makes them most likely unimportant.)

Second-
Humorman may be telling the truth, as we would NOT get a warning if a veteran was attacked and not killed. This would also explain why the mafia did not seem very active. One of their attacks went unnoticed.
Humorman is likely innocent, but I am going to continue to vote for him because he voted for me, he doesn't answer pq's so I cant really reason with him about this and I have no other targets to go after right now.

Can anyone suggest who might be the silent killer?

Aghammer at 6:37AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
I don't remember saying anything about Gullas. In fact, I don't see anything that ties him to the crimes? Please take me out of the vote list. I'm still thining about it.

Humorman, why Vak?

Niccea
Hark I'm not being lame. I interviewed Dukat about common practices in mafia games.

Votes stand: There is your label Ody

Harkovast (1)
Humorman

Humorman (3)
Harkovast
Vakanai

Aghammer (1)
Gullas

Niccea at 6:39AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
You are reading it wrong. People underlined are being voted on. People underneath are the voters.
Aghammer at 6:48AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Ohhh and HEY, what's that about Gullas???
crocty at 7:33AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Woo, still alive.
I'm gonna have a look at the clues later, I'm a bit lazy/busy right now.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Niccea at 7:48AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Vote Change!

Harkovast (1)
Humorman

Humorman (3)
Harkovast
Vakanai

Mooglessaykupo (1)
Gullas

kitty17 (1)
Waff
harkovast at 9:12AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
Mayor news- All food rations have been improved once again.
Improved in that they are now a lot cheaper to produce because everyone is getting less food.
This improvement has saved lots of money to buy more gas masks, jack boots and machine guns for my legion of freedom enforcement officers.

Failure to be happy is now illegal.
Any citizen caught not being happy will be shot.

Have a productive, double-plus joy good day!

crocty at 9:16AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
As Humorman mentioned Harkovast might be the murdered of baron might be Harkovast because of his cat-like nature, obviously it might be Kitty17 because of her Kitty-like username.

The murderer wears gloves, so does Kit-Kat's avatar (very obscure issat, though…)

Also, ““One down…19 to go!””
http://www.drunkduck.com/Counting_Down_Backwards_from_19
(I just realised the casual clicker will think this is Mutation's comic. It's Kitty's. Mutation is the assistant)

:( It isn't looking good for her…
Although remember last game when Skool produced a list on why she thought Waff was the ripper?
Eh, she just seems the most likely person to be the serial killer
(Kitty, not Skool, I mean)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
harkovast at 9:21AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
Am I talking to myself here?
Niccea has confirmed, the whiskers ARE ON THE VICTIM!
Look at the mafia comic, the whiskers are on his face!
PQ niccea if you dont want to take my word for it!

There is no cat connection!
NONE!

Frankly I have explained this so many times now I am going to start suspecting people who keep bringing it up. I mean why would you keep mud raking with something that has been stated 100% to not be true unless you were just wanting to spread confusion and doubt?

THERE IS NO CAT CONNECTION IN THE CLUES!

crocty at 9:23AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Am I talking to myself here?
Niccea has confirmed, the whiskers ARE ON THE VICTIM!
Look at the mafia comic, the whiskers are on his face!
PQ niccea if you dont want to take my word for it!

There is no cat connection!
NONE!

Frankly I have explained this so many times now I am going to start suspecting people who keep bringing it up. I mean why would you keep mud raking with something that has been stated 100% to not be true unless you were just wanting to spread confusion and doubt?

THERE IS NO CAT CONNECTION IN THE CLUES!

The murderer checked the garden specifically for dogs. Cats don't like dogs. I didn't mean the whiskers.
Sorry if that was unclear…
I always spell murderer as murdered…
harkovast at 9:29AM, March 4, 2009
(online)
There are numerous repeated emphasis on being quiet and stealthy and people sleeping in these clues.
There is only one mention of dogs, despite the killer seemingly being the same person both times.
The cat link based solely on avoiding dogs is weak evidence at best, and even then, none of the rest of the evidence fits me at all.
I am not quiet, I dont wear leather and I have no connection to people sleeping.

Also crotcy, it is worth noting that you wanted to lynch me BEFORE you saw the clues, as did humorman, so I suppose it makes sense you would be looking for any interpretation, no matter how whacky, to try and get rid of me.

Hakoshen at 9:30AM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
crocty
The murderer checked the garden specifically for dogs. Cats don't like dogs. I didn't mean the whiskers.
Sorry if that was unclear…
I always spell murderer as murdered…

In addition to that and the counting down from 19 thing and gloves, there's the fact that she's yet to really say much in the thread. Facial hair aside, I think Crocty has brought up a valid point here.
-Harkovast

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon