MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia III: Revenge of the Godfather
Niccea at 8:55PM, March 4, 2009
(offline)
Still Day Two

An argument was spreading through the streets of Townston. What sort of argument could such a simple town have? Could it be defense of the innocent? Could it be an argument to what exactly the killer’s modus operandi was?

No

Leader of Stars was in favor of sending any suspected mafia into the desert to be chained to a rock. All the convicted would have was a hacksaw. Harkvast wished for the condemned to be executed by firing squad. There were quite a bit of cats in gas masks wandering about the streets…

That is how the blood bath began. Leader and Hark seemed to get into a fight that annoyed everyone. Even the people that had nothing to do with the town were shouting at them.

I decided the argument swiftly. The dead would still be hung. That is only because it would be easier for Hakoshen to revive them than if they were Swiss cheese and they would be closer to us than the desert.

So with that issue resolved. Let us get back to figuring out who the murder(s) is/are.

In case you are wondering, there are NO clues in this.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
leaderofstars at 9:38PM, March 4, 2009
(online)
rusty hacksaw. to hack off their foot
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
gullas at 12:19AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
See this is the kind of behaviour that the mafia wants. We get into silly arguments over vitually nothing and miss the main point here, we have the clues and we should be focusing on 'em.
Niccea
Night One

A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses. One window caught his eye. There are no dogs in the yard… all looks clear as he peered through the window. An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring. The shadow smiled. He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked! Luck smiles on him. He opened the door. Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house. The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow's long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home. The man didn't even twitch a whisker. And it's done.

The 2ndredbardon was no longer dead asleep… just dead.

One down…19 to go!

The paramedic banged on the door of the bodyguard for over an hour, but no one came.

Hakoshen's avatar used to have only one eye, so thats pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Niccea
There was a lot of movement in the yards of the town. Slowly a shadowy figure approached the house of Dukat. The duck or cat or what every he was, was curled up with his crash helmet on his head. Somewhere in the back of the house a CD was playing. The figure raised a knife and peacefully ended the sleeping duck/cat.

Dukat (Townie)

Ok Day Two begins now. Lynch votes are due Thursday by 8pm EST. The winner gets a special neck tie.
But I'm not sure about the seccond kill, so I'm going to vote for Hakoshen…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Hakoshen at 5:39AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
gullas
Hakoshen's avatar used to have only one eye, so thats pretty reasonable in my opinion.

Wha? The thing is, I'm not the only one to have had a single eyed avatar. Unless you count every frame of animation separately so does Kitty, and Baron's had no eyes, but his banner only has one (but his death exonerated him already).

Besides, the killer used a knife when I myself have that lovely silenced SOCOM pistol there.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Niccea at 5:44AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Harkovast (3)
Humorman
Leaderofstars
Cool guy

Hakoshen (1)
Gullas

kitty17 (1)
Waff

Leaderofstars (5)
Harkovast
Odysseus55
Hakoshen
Skullbie
harkovast at 7:12AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
hak I would not worry, you are a long way from getting lynched right now.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Niccea at 8:13AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
An emergency has come up at work. I will be thoroughly occupied from 7pm - 1am EST. (They still don't allow laptops at work. They are working on that.) So, I will be moving the lynching up an hour and a half to 6:30 EST.
crocty at 8:17AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
An emergency has come up at work. I will be thoroughly occupied from 7pm - 1am EST. (They still don't allow laptops at work. They are working on that.) So, I will be moving the lynching up an hour and a half to 6:30 EST.
So it's usually 7, but now it's 6:30?

Just checking, cuz I still need to vote…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Niccea at 8:23AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
No. It is usually 8. This issue has just come up. Like….30 mins ago.
crocty at 8:28AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Ah…
Then I'll be awake in time for the day narrative! :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Niccea at 8:31AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Niccea
Ah…
Alright then.

I apologize to everyone. Some good hours have come up for me to do and I will get paid. It won't be a lot, but it will pad my wallet. (I also want to work for this person in the future, so I want to look reallly good.)
Aghammer at 8:33AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Good for you… I hope it all goes well and leads to lots of additional work in the future!

Niccea
crocty
Niccea
Ah…
Alright then.

I apologize to everyone. Some good hours have come up for me to do and I will get paid. It won't be a lot, but it will pad my wallet. (I also want to work for this person in the future, so I want to look reallly good.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Niccea at 8:34AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
^^ I just want to quit working in the dorms. This job is in the campus apartments.
odysseus55 at 9:00AM, March 5, 2009
(online)

Niccea
…. so I want to look reallly good.

Having hired a few people I will give you this bit of advice: Stop tipping your head. It just accentuates the ears and frankly is kinda freaking me out. Oh and open your eyes occasionally. You'll do fine.

Good luck.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Blitzkrieg1701 at 9:01AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
Well, after carefully examining all of the evidence… I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Thus, I'm just being a good little drone and voting as the mayor votes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Hakoshen at 9:18AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
odysseus55
Having hired a few people I will give you this bit of advice: Stop tipping your head. It just accentuates the ears and frankly is kinda freaking me out. Oh and open your eyes occasionally. You'll do fine.

LOL
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
waff at 10:16AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
Blitzkrieg1701
Well, after carefully examining all of the evidence… I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Thus, I'm just being a good little drone and voting as the mayor votes.
*sigh*
-edit-
*facepalm*

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
kitty17 at 10:46AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
gullas

Wha? The thing is, I'm not the only one to have had a single eyed avatar. Unless you count every frame of animation separately so does Kitty, and Baron's had no eyes, but his banner only has one (but his death exonerated him already).

Besides, the killer used a knife when I myself have that lovely silenced SOCOM pistol there.

Besides having one eye, the narrative mentions “peering” through windows.
And like I said
kitty17
Hakoshen mentions looking through windows a couple of times…peering through a window was mentioned in the narrative…

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:18PM
crocty at 10:48AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
The thing with Hakoshen seems like a long shot.
I'll have a look in a moment for more clues pointing towards him, because I don't think that clue alone is enough to accuse him…
humorman at 11:27AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Don't be fooled by red herrings!

Clues in the narrative are usually things that stand out in the narrative. Having the victim killed by a knife isn't really a clue, seeing how the victim had to be killed in some way anyway. Also, most expressions are usually there to advance the narrative along. For example, saying that the killer walked through the door probably doesn't have to do with the fact that the killer is related to doors somehow. What you need to keep in mind are things that actually stand out from the narrative. If the killer happened to do something like juggling at the time of the murder, that might be something significant.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 11:31AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
humorman
If the killer happened to do something like juggling at the time of the murder, that might be something significant.
Hell I would pay to see someone murder while juggling.

Reminder: Only 4 hours left to decide who gets the special neck tie.
Hakoshen at 11:37AM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
humorman
If the killer happened to do something like juggling at the time of the murder, that might be something significant.

Revolver Ocelot did. I think.
-Harkovast
waff at 11:40AM, March 5, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Niccea
humorman

Revolver Ocelot did. I think.
I know he killed several of his own men in split-second, but he killed someone whilst juggling?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
humorman at 12:07PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Let's analyze the clues.

Someone
A shadow stealthily moved through the backyards of the Townstown houses.

The shadow part may indicate something, but for the most part, this sentence just establishes the narrative.

Someone
One window caught his eye.

This seems to be just an expression. If it were his one eye, then it might have been important, but otherwise, there's nothing that really stands out here.

Someone
There are no dogs in the yard…

This has some type of significance. Why would the killer choose a yard with no dogs in it? Seeing how the narrative would still maintain its flow without this peculiar statement, it should be considered as a clue.

Someone
all looks clear as he peered through the window.

Just another narrative statement. Either way, it's highly unlikely that anyone here has a thing for windows.

Someone
An old black and white TV flickered and he heard the gentle sounds of someone snoring.

This stands out somewhat, but since it's coming from the victim's house, it probably not related to the killer.

Someone
The shadow smiled.

Pretty much irrelevant. Even if smiling was a clue, there are too many people here with an avatar/signature/profile related to smiling to narrow the list of suspects down.

Someone
He reached for the backdoor with a leather gloved hand… unlocked!

The leather glove may be important. Then again, it could also be a reference to the O.J. Simpson murder. The fact that the door was unlocked doesn't seem to be related to the killer.

Someone
Luck smiles on him.

Irrelevant. A lot of people here could be described as lucky. Unless someone made a comic about a clearly lucky person (actually has the word “Luck” or “Lucky” in it), it's purely a subjective quality.

Someone
He opened the door.

Once again, irrelevant.

Someone
Quietly, quietly he moved…no other noises in the house.

The fact that this person made no noise may be a clue, but then again, good killers usually are stealthy.

Someone
The TV was playing some old WWI documentary. Dozens of model biplanes hung from the ceiling. The snoring was coming from the couch. The long kitchen knife glided from the shadow's long coat… ready for a night's work. The old leather aviator jacket and wool German uniform were no impediment as the knife slid home.

Most of these things relate to the victim. The knife and the snoring don't appear to be something out of the ordinary.

Someone
The man didn't even twitch a whisker. And it's done.
This seems to have some relevance. There is a decent chance that this could refer to the killer and not the victim (for example, the killer could have been so ruthless that he was expressionless during the killing). Either way, there is no definite way of determining whose whiskers belonged to whom, so we might as well assume that it has some importance since the narrative would still flow smoothly with this fact removed.

Someone
The 2ndredbardon was no longer dead asleep… just dead.
This pretty much sums up the narrative. Even though I've come up with a suspect with these clues, it's ultimately up to you to come up with a conclusion and vote for the killer. However, it's best not to vote on the basis of chance or how sinister a person may seem without consulting the narrative first.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
harkovast at 1:50PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
Humorman, seriously, do you listen to anything I say to you?
I asked niccea herself and she said the whiskers are on the killer, not the victim.
The comic (drawn by niccea) shows the whiskers are a moustache on the victim!
Ask her yourself if you are in doubt.
By constantly pushing facts that have been disproved you are making yourself very suspicious in my view.
If it wasn't for the fact that you always make yourself look guilty in this game, I would be voting for you now! But luckily for you I know you are the master of looking guilty when you are not, so I will spare you (for now).

Blitzkrieg, your loyalty to the regime is much appreciated!
*gives blitzkrieg lots of medals*

crocty at 2:06PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
You're actually really defensive about those whiskers, man…<_<
harkovast at 3:06PM, March 5, 2009
(online)
I know, I am defensive.
Guilty as charged.
Its jsut that with the whiskers on the killer, I sound incredibly guilty.
With the whiskers on the victim (which is correct), there is nothing to point to me.
I dont want to get lynched on the back of a clue that does not exist.

I think I've explained it enough times now that there really is no excuse for anyone to keep pushing that idea. Its like those people who kept spreading a rumour that obama was a muslim. If people say it about me enough, some of that mud will stick, so I'm arguing back a lot. Bad idea? We will find out when the voting finishes.

Niccea at 3:30PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Like I said, I had to end early today.

Day Two

It seemed that Harkovast was still more popular than Leader. Despite the fact that both of them were prime candidates for the day’s lynching, it was Leader of Star’s day to meet his maker. He threatened to leave town and started to run, but a mad gang of people caught up with him anyways.

“Ah ! Come on! I am moving out today.”

Harkovast grinned as he pulled down the black hood of a medieval executioner down. “Not my problem.” He flung the lever with gusto.

Leaderofstars the vigilante (really!) was no more.

Night two now begins. Please get all actions to me by Friday at 8 pm EST.

Final votes:

Harkovast (3)
Humorman
Leaderofstars
Cool guy

Hakoshen (1)
Gullas

kitty17 (1)
Waff

Leaderofstars (7)
Harkovast
Odysseus55
Hakoshen
Skullbie
Blitzkrieg1701
Crocty
Kitty17
crocty at 3:53PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU–
kitty17 at 4:01PM, March 5, 2009
(offline)
Hmm…

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon