MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia III: Revenge of the Godfather
humorman at 3:38PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Vakanai
humorman
I can guarantee you though that if I do die tonight, the townies will lose.
Look, whether you're innocent or not, I think we can do without the egocentric criticism. This game is meant to be fun, it is not meant to tell us how wrong we are or hopeless or anything else bad. You are taking this game to personal. In other words, lighten up dude, or at least chill it with all the negativity.

Actually, this game is all about telling other people how wrong they are and being negative. Just look at the past games.

Also, if I do live, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll win either. There are more mafia members in this game than there were in the previous one, so we can't afford to lose any more townies.

I think the main problem with this game is that there's too much off-topic talking and not a lot of people are actually focused on playing the game.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 3:43PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Um. The off-topicing is really minimal compared to previous games humorman. I do not view it as much of an issue. There are some annoying banters that are off topic, but they are usually ended expediently.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Niccea at 4:05PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Less than an hour to send night actions to me!
Dukat at 4:39PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Mafia! is a social game, and as such off-topic ness happens. It tends to ebb and flow with the day/night cycles. With mostly mafia to act at night, there's not a lot of chatter in the thread and things get off-topic, during the day there's clues to be discussed and less people going off-topic.

Edit:
Don't forget that much of this game is really played behind the scenes through PQ, email, or IM. Very little really goes on in the thread.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Niccea at 4:58PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Night Two

Another night, another victim. The killer moved swiftly and silently from house to house, avoiding the streetlights looking for the perfect target. There was a sudden noise behind him. The killer spun around quickly only to find a lone raven. The killer shrugged his shoulders and continued the prowl.

The strange house seemed to call him and he moved carefully to the door. Lights on inside and the sound of someone singing off-key. “Only one voice… this will be the place.” He knocked twice loudly.

The door opened and a red head appeared… “Oh, hello, come in, come in, I was just making supper”… the last words that poor Martinlo_23 would ever speak. As he turned to head back to the kitchen, the knife struck… the cold black steel buried deep in his back. The killer caught him as he fell and propped him on a kitchen chair. A crock of butter melted on the tye-died tablecloth and the smell of franko-american spaghettios cooking on the stove caused the killer's stomach to grumble. “Don't mind if I do” said the killer who pulls up a chair and ate his fill as blood slowly pooled on the floor. “1 down 16 to go, by the way.”

Martinlo_23, Townie

…

Cool Guy wandered through a very musical forest with his ever changing face. He scratched his lip. He felt like a nobody without his recently shaved mustaches. The poor guy looked up to a sudden noise. There before him was a kid with the oddest looking dart gun…it almost looked like. “It's a -”

Cool guy the townie died before I could tell you what he saw. His killer sends you his sarcastic apologies.

…

Humorman sat alone in his house. He was waiting for someone to come for him. There was a knock at the door. Upon opening it, a cheerful face was revealed. “Are you the paramedic?”

“Yep!”

“Thank God you are here. I thought I was going to die tonight.” Humorman opened the door wider to let his guest inside. “I was about to get something from my icebox.”

“That is alright. You only have 2 seconds to live.”

“What makes you say that d-” Humorman was cut short by the knife being rammed up his ribs. The killer ran off into the night.

When his body was discovered, they found a small device ticking on it. It seemed like the veteran’s days were numbered anyway.

…

Your furry mayor has declared a double lynch. “I enjoyed lynching leaderofstars so much, I thought it would be even more fun to lynch two of the ungrateful peasants tonight.”

Please send in two votes by Sunday at 8 pm EST.
gullas at 5:13PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Another night, another victim. The killer moved swiftly and silently from house to house, avoiding the streetlights looking for the perfect target. There was a sudden noise behind him. The killer spun around quickly only to find a lone raven. The killer shrugged his shoulders and continued the prowl.

The strange house seemed to call him and he moved carefully to the door. Lights on inside and the sound of someone singing off-key. Only one voice… this will be the place. He knocked twice loudly.

The door opened and a red head appeared… “Oh, hello, come in, come in, I was just making supper”… the last words that poor Martinlo_23 would ever speak. As he turned to head back to the kitchen, the knife struck… the cold black steel buried deep in his back. The killer caught him as he fell and propped him on a kitchen chair. A crock of butter melted on the tye-died tablecloth and the smell of franko-american spaghettios cooking on the stove caused the killer's stomach to grumble. "Don't mind if I do" said the killer who pulls up a chair and eats his fill as blood slowly pools on the floor. down 16 to go, by the way.

Martinlo_23, Townie

Cool Guy wondered through a very musical forest with his ever changing face. He scratched his lip. He felt like a nobody without his recently shaved mustaches. The poor guy looked up to a sudden noise. There before him was a kid with the oddest looking dart it almost looked like.

Cool guy the townie died before I could tell you what he saw. His killer sends you his sarcastic apologies.

Humorman sat alone in his house. He was waiting for someone to come for him. There was a knock at the door. Upon opening it, a cheerful face was revealed. Are you the paramedic?

“Yep!

”Thank God you are here. I thought I was going to die tonight.“ Humorman opened the door wider to let his guest inside. ”was about to get something from my icebox.“

”That is alright. You only have 2 seconds to live.“

”What makes you say that d-" Humorman was cut short by the knife being rammed up his ribs. The killer ran off into the night.

When his body was discovered, they found a small device ticking on it. It seemed like the veteran's days were numbered anyway.

*tired* I underlined the things I thought that were interesting in Niccea's narrative.
First about that lone raven, I have no clue about that one, could be connected to somebody's comic? the only comic of the participants, I know of, that has raven is Harkovast's
Seccond Martinlo's killer is hungry, now Waff in the previous game was always hungry but in my opinion it is not that good connections but still…
Third, Crotchy's avatar is clearly a kid(or a super-deformed teen) with a mustache and the only avi I know that has an ‘A’ in it is Aghammer…. *tired*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
crocty at 5:17PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Darn…:/
From a glance, I can tell,
Marin was killed by the cereal killer, obviously. (I meant to type serial, but now that I've typoed it, I don't want to change it)

Cool guy's narrative had music in it. I'm pretty sure one of the last ones did, but I think that was the serial killer, so, it can't be the same one.

Both Cool guy, and Humorman were interupted, maybe it was the ripper?
I dunno, I'm gonna have a better look later. -,-
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
leaderofstars at 5:26PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
*continues to eat crocty*
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Niccea at 5:39PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
leaderofstars
Bad zombie. Spit that out of your mouth. You don't know where that has been.
Aghammer at 6:03PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
I think the weird food might be more of a clue in the first killing but not sure.
I am 99% sure who offed cool guy…originally I thought “a gun”… might be Hak, but no, if it's a blowgun it goes in the mouth. I did a quick search through the user list and found that theorah has a comic called “the magic flute” AND the image shows up in her avatar!! Very blowgun like! :D

I'm gonna be travelling most of tomorrow and at a funeral on Sunday will try to jump on tomorrow night and take a look at the other clues.

gullas
Niccea

The strange house seemed to call him and he moved carefully to the door. Lights on inside and the sound of someone singing off-key. Only one voice… this will be the place. He knocked twice loudly.

The door opened and a red head appeared… “Oh, hello, come in, come in, I was just making supper”… the last words that poor Martinlo_23 would ever speak. As he turned to head back to the kitchen, the knife struck… the cold black steel buried deep in his back. The killer caught him as he fell and propped him on a kitchen chair. A crock of butter melted on the tye-died tablecloth and the smell of franko-american spaghettios cooking on the stove caused the killer's stomach to grumble. "Don't mind if I do" said the killer who pulls up a chair and eats his fill as blood slowly pools on the floor. down 16 to go, by the way.

Martinlo_23, Townie

Cool Guy wondered through a very musical forest with his ever changing face. He scratched his lip. He felt like a nobody without his recently shaved mustaches. The poor guy looked up to a sudden noise. There before him was a kid with the oddest looking dart it almost looked like.

Humorman sat alone in his house. He was waiting for someone to come for him. There was a knock at the door. Upon opening it, a cheerful face was revealed. Are you the paramedic?

“Yep!

”Thank God you are here. I thought I was going to die tonight.“ Humorman opened the door wider to let his guest inside. ”was about to get something from my icebox.“

”That is alright. You only have 2 seconds to live.“

”What makes you say that d-" Humorman was cut short by the knife being rammed up his ribs. The killer ran off into the night.

When his body was discovered, they found a small device ticking on it. It seemed like the veteran's days were numbered anyway.

*tired* I underlined the things I thought that were interesting in Niccea's narrative.
First about that lone raven, I have no clue about that one, could be connected to somebody's comic? the only comic of the participants, I know of, that has raven is Harkovast's
Seccond Martinlo's killer is hungry, now Waff in the previous game was always hungry but in my opinion it is not that good connections but still…
Third, Crotchy's avatar is clearly a kid(or a super-deformed teen) with a mustache and the only avi I know that has an ‘A’ in it is Aghammer…. *tired*
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
leaderofstars at 6:24PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
Niccea
leaderofstars
Bad zombie. Spit that out of your mouth. You don't know where that has been.
*ignores you and resumes eating*

power to the offspring
Aghammer at 6:24PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
music? points to a flute?? maybe :D

crocty
Darn…:/
From a glance, I can tell,
Marin was killed by the cereal killer, obviously. (I meant to type serial, but now that I've typoed it, I don't want to change it)

Cool guy's narrative had music in it. I'm pretty sure one of the last ones did, but I think that was the serial killer, so, it can't be the same one.

Both Cool guy, and Humorman were interupted, maybe it was the ripper?
I dunno, I'm gonna have a better look later. -,-
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Vakanai at 6:31PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
I don't want to be the one to point this out since I have been talking with him and am beginning to trust him a bit, but both cool guy and humorman voted to lynch Hark, and now both are dead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:39PM
humorman at 8:33PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Good job paramedics! Thanks for the f*cking help!

The mafia's going to win. Someone prepare the sign-ups for the next game.

Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
Hakoshen at 8:34PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Black steel? And a ticking device? I think these are clues too, but as m on my blackberry, I can't really do too much research. And the raven? Do we know of anyone who's sees visions of a sort? Someone into the noir? The black and white and raven are probably tied. As for the kid with some manner of dart, well that I just don't know.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Vakanai at 8:40PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
humorman
Will you quit that? Sorry they got you, but I don't plan to keel over and give up just yet.
leaderofstars at 8:48PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
Vakanai
humorman
Will you quit that? Sorry they got you, but I don't plan to keel over and give up just yet.
*knocks on vak's door*

power to the offspring
Vakanai at 8:58PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
leaderofstars
Vakanai
humorman
*knocks on vak's door*
I don't open my doors to the undead, as a rule.
Though I do have something for zombies.

This is my boomstick!
Niccea at 9:53PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
humorman

Pardon my rudeness, but where do you get off thinking that you are so important that the game is over as soon as you die?
leaderofstars at 10:19PM, March 6, 2009
(online)
Vakanai
leaderofstars
Vakanai
humorman
*knocks on vak's door*

This is my boomstick!
*ticking noise out side your door*

power to the offspring
humorman at 10:28PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
humorman

Pardon my rudeness, but where do you get off thinking that you are so important that the game is over as soon as you die?

For starters, if the townies fail to lynch at least one mafia member or the serial killer today, the number of mafia members remaining will be equal to the number of townies, meaning the townies will lose. Even if they do manage to lynch the right people until the end of the game, it's going to be a very ugly finish, and that's if the mafia doesn't make consistent attacks every night, which they have done so far.

Unless the townies get their act together AND get really lucky, I just can't see that happening…

..but hey, I'm dead, so I'm not really in a position to give anyone advice anymore. It's not like anyone listened to me anyway.

Dukat at 11:12PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
You're being stupidly defeatist and a poor sport about this humorman. I've seen townie wins pulled off out of less, and games come much, much closer.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Hakoshen at 11:16PM, March 6, 2009
(offline)
Many of you will notice a large series of hits on your comics. Well, that was me, reading them, and many of them in their entirety (except for those over 100 pages :P ) After reviewing these and the clues I have four suspects.

First, I suspect Pei Pei. The clue about a raven is too distinct to ignore. In Herald King, there are two mentions of ravens, in one, the raven turns out to not be what it was initially believed to be (ie: a raven). And thus, said character sensed something wrong about it and wanted to kill it with a knife, and then eat it.

Secondly, I suspect Aghammer. There are many things in Reverse Polarity that either involve food or killing with a butcher knife.

Third, I suspet Theorah. I mean, there's a pretty decent amount of stabbing in London Underworld. PLUS there's the clue about a young man in a musical forest with something that looks like a dart gun, which suspiciously sounds like a young Mozart in a magical place with a magic flute.

Fourth up is waff. A ticking device left on the victim? Well, what ticks, gyrates or in other forms mechanizes than the inside of a mech? Waff is a self stylized mechanical genius for being able to build a mecha out of cardboard.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
theorah at 12:19AM, March 7, 2009
(online)
Vakanai

This is my boomstick!

ahhaha!! XD

Well, although I guess its obvious, I think the first kill was possibly the vigilante rather the the serial killer? Just because surely if it were the serial killer he wouldve said ‘3 down’ since he killed that last night?
I'll look through clues later, I picked up on a few things, but dont have time to look through right now…

…please dont lynch me, I'm innocent!! ;_;
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
leaderofstars at 12:37AM, March 7, 2009
(online)
*bites theorah spreading the zombie virus again*

power to the offspring
humorman at 1:19AM, March 7, 2009
(offline)
Dukat
You're being stupidly defeatist and a poor sport about this humorman. I've seen townie wins pulled off out of less, and games come much, much closer.

It's not about ego. It's about the numbers, and the numbers right now are overwhelmingly in favor of the mafia.

If the townies do win however, I'd be pretty impressed.

waff at 1:36AM, March 7, 2009
(online)
well if humorman's done being pessimistic…*gives humorman time to stop being pessimistic*…I'd like to requistion a few days between the end of this game and the sign-ups of the next from the person who shot-gunned modship of the next game to test out some roles (i.e. my implacable man and the mafiawikis necromancer.) also niccea how you did select the roles (link pls).
-edit-
is it just me or am I having a ‘constable visit-the-ungodly-with-explanatory-pamphlets’ effect on everyone?

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
crocty at 5:54AM, March 7, 2009
(offline)
Vakanai
I don't want to be the one to point this out since I have been talking with him and am beginning to trust him a bit, but both cool guy and humorman voted to lynch Hark, and now both are dead.
Huh, good point.
Maybe he's the ripper, or godfather…

_<
My short attention span is telling me to do the rest later, so…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Niccea at 5:55AM, March 7, 2009
(offline)
Well. Lessee, I gave everyone a number 1 through 21 then I went down the list of roles with an RNG. So, for instance. If I was looking at Paranoid on the list. The first number I got that hadn't been repeated already would correspond to the member.

Since I have a post open a better update the votes, neh?

Red indicates people in the lead.

Aghammer (1)
Gullas

Crocty (1)
Gullas

kitty17 (1)
waff

At any rate, I hope you get a mafia this time. The ratio is 8 townies to 6 mafia to 1 serial killer.

But, the serial killer can be a boon in this instance. Even if the number of townies get below the number of mafia, the game cannot be won by either side unless the serial killer is killed.
harkovast at 6:44AM, March 7, 2009
(online)
Humorman, what are you complaining about? You brought about your own death!
You need to learn to read your pq's if you dont know what I mean.
You play like someone who WANTS to die!
Accusing other people wihtout evidence and then refusing to cooperate with anybody.

Also, this game is not won by being negative, it is won through cooperation. In the previous games the townies won by forming a strong voting coalition that could systematically take down the mafia.

Well at least the last of my insano critics has bitten the dust…now lets have a look at those clues….

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon