MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XLV: Return to Townstonia
Product Placement at 6:47AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
A silly inattentive fool
DURRR… What did he do that was cussworthy?
Ally Haert
…Did you miss that whole instant lynching??
Sorry. For some reason I read Salsa, when you wrote Jninja. I totally understand why you'd have beef at Jninja for instalynching you.

I was on board at instalynching you because seventy said that everyone who voted for you were adventures.

….
Ally Haert
Ok, not gonna be so hasty on the lynch vote thing. I should be talking this through with everyone first. But seriously, why is everyone out to get me? ):
Well… I can give you one good reason why I still suspect you.

This:
Ally Haert
And on that note, is Mett worth reviving? Does anyone know what his role was? The only thing I know for certain at this point is that he wasn't trap master.
This is what the shaman should be thinking right now. There's no way for us to tell who's who, even upon death so it's really risky for him to be reviving everyone who goes and dies on us.

The Cleric on the other hand knows exactly who he should revive. The fact that you were revived is thus suspicious.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
jninjashadow at 6:54AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Ally, were out to get you on the grounds that there is a lot to back up you being the mob boss. first, of the 5 people who voted for you, 3 were reviled to be adventurers with the adventurer leader being hidden, its a safe bet to say the leader voted for you as well. Two, you were revived. The shaman SHOULDN'T have revived you because you were highly suspect at that point, and because you gave them no reason. If you aren't the adventure leader, than the adventurers love you like a bloody deity.

On that note, my fellow evil townies, I have formulated an attack plan. Since it looks like Salsa hates strategy like a fat man hates salad, I figure lets start this off witch hunt style. Here is the hit list
Ally Haert's voters (3):
Ally Haert
Harkovast
Mettaur
gullas
Anthony Mercer

Now, 3 are guaranteed adventurers by our detective equivalent, with a potential 4 being our hidden leader. So, here's how this works. Vote to lynch ally. If I am right, she will use her ability to cancel the lynch and save herself, from there we go hit manning and double lynching the rest. If you have a kill role, attack members of this list, if you are out medic proxy, then do not help these people.

And a note to salsa, please do explain why it is we can't at least know the alliance of those we kill without sacrificing our magic man who by all logic could tell us what their alliance was by nature of the aforementioned magic?
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Product Placement at 7:00AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
But seventy said that everyone who voted for Ally was an adventurer, with the exception of one. That means that if the adventure leader was amongst the voters, every single voter was an adventurer. Why is he now saying that only 3 of the 5 are confirmed adventurers?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Anthony Mercer at 7:13AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
jninjashadow
Ally, were out to get you on the grounds that there is a lot to back up you being the mob boss. first, of the 5 people who voted for you, 3 were reviled to be adventurers with the adventurer leader being hidden, its a safe bet to say the leader voted for you as well. Two, you were revived. The shaman SHOULDN'T have revived you because you were highly suspect at that point, and because you gave them no reason. If you aren't the adventure leader, than the adventurers love you like a bloody deity.

Oh, please… the mafia side always vote for an innocent. If you're saying Ally's an adventurer because there are adventurers on her vote list… well, in every game I've been mafia in personally, the godfather told everyone to vote for the same innocent, to make that person look suspicious. Unless the adventurers in this game took a wildly different strategy, I doubt Ally is one of them.

As for Ally being brought back… either the cleric wanted to make Ally look even more suspicious (although I doubt he'd waste his revive on that), or, more likely, the shaman completely disobeyed your order, or missed it (as Satan suggested).
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
BffSatan at 7:28AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
You know, I'm just saying, all this talk about seventy2 saying this stuff has got me thinking.
Perhaps he's the rouge who killed Mett.

Someone
In another part of the dungeon, Mettaur walked along, unaware of the figure who stalked him. The figure was always moving, even if he never went anywhere*. The chaos in his garb** reflected his mood. Mettaur turned towards the figure when he suspected something. But he was slow to bring his weapon up to block the wicked knife that tore out his heart.
*Seventy2's avatar is a bird flying.
**Garb? Ninja wedding anyone? Actually the whole paragraph is ninja-esque.

Am I clutching at straws here or am I onto something?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
BffSatan at 7:35AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
This:
Ally Haert
And on that note, is Mett worth reviving? Does anyone know what his role was? The only thing I know for certain at this point is that he wasn't trap master.
This is what the shaman should be thinking right now. There's no way for us to tell who's who, even upon death so it's really risky for him to be reviving everyone who goes and dies on us.

The Cleric on the other hand knows exactly who he should revive. The fact that you were revived is thus suspicious.
The rouge attacked him so he can't be an adventurer.
Besides, he's the only person aside from blindsk (who we know is mafia) who can be revived, and we need to get those revive spells gone ASAP.
Niccea at 8:16AM, June 16, 2011
(offline)
Ummm. Crazy question. But why would anyone know the number of adventures voting for someone, where the rules clearly state the the beholder can only look into the votes of sacrifices?

It comes down either to Salsa giving out the vote count or someone is downright lying.(And I remember hearing something about who voted before the cycle was even over)

Also, the words of Ally's revival sound kinda cleric to me. The role description states that the shaman has knowledge of blood and bone, and I would have expected to see role clue like that. (This is an opinion only.)

Also, Anthony, there have been many times where the mafia voted in mass to elect their godfather. Most games don't allow the detective to check the initial election vote. (Mainly because that has the potential to end the game before it starts.) Since the detective would likely check out the mayor or the pardoner, putting the godfather in office is the safest bet. Now, when it comes to lynch votes, I've seen several voting patterns. Dispersed voting - the mafia doesn't come out in mass and some might not even vote. Blatantly obvious voting - the entire mafia comes out in full force (usually done if they have been revealed to be the mafia or if the detective is dead.) The Niccea Switcherroo - The mafia changes all their votes at the last second making an entirely different person being lynched. (doesn't always happen and doesn't always work. And anyone who switches looks evil.)

Now, it has always been an erroneous opinion that anyone that has more than 4 votes for them, the voters are all mafia…we usually have a 15-20 person game, it is not unheard of that the town actually works together to make a vote. That is why this is called a strategy game.

The Chronicler has spoken.

(Now to put that picture Ally made in the comic, it reduces the number of panels in the page I'm to make)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
BffSatan at 8:20AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Ummm. Crazy question. But why would anyone know the number of adventures voting for someone, where the rules clearly state the the beholder can only look into the votes of sacrifices?

Well that decides it. Seventy2 is probably an adventurer. Let's kill him.
Product Placement at 8:30AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
BffSatan
Well that decides it. Seventy2 is probably an adventurer. Let's kill him.
But what if Seventy AND Ally are both adventurers, BffSatan? She's a bigger threat in that case.
BffSatan
The rouge attacked him so he can't be an adventurer.
Besides, he's the only person aside from blindsk (who we know is mafia) who can be revived, and we need to get those revive spells gone ASAP.
It's entirely possible that the attacker was a chaos priest.
Narration
The chaos in his garb reflected his mood.
Dictionary
garb
–noun
1. a fashion or mode of dress, especially of a distinctive, uniform kind: in the garb of a monk.
-Something that a priest would wear, who has a chaotic mood.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 8:38AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
But what if Seventy AND Ally are both adventurers, BffSatan? She's a bigger threat in that case.
It can only be one or none of them. If they were both adventurers then Seventy2 would be doing a pretty silly thing saying that most of the people who voted for was mafia.
So either Seventy2 is lieing about being the beholder and he is actually an adventurer. (possibly the rouge that killed Mett).
OR
Ally is an adventurer and Seventy2 is telling the truth.
OR
Seventy2 is telling the truth, but Ally is being set up by the adventurers.

MY HEAD HURTS!!!! D:

Someone
It's entirely possible that the attacker was a chaos priest.
I keep forgetting about them.
Product Placement at 9:07AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
BffSatan
MY HEAD HURTS!!!! D:
It happens.

Also, it's a good point that it's either one of them or none of them. Would be kinda silly of Seventy to claim that Ally is an adventurer if they both were.

But I'd like to bring up an old statement of mine. I consider one of the dumbest moves to make in Mafia, to claim that you have a special role, when you don't.

Reason… The person who actually has that role will know that you're lying. And since that person knows that seventy is lying, he would also know that Ally is probably being falsely accused and should thus contact her or someone else that he trusts to expose the charlatan. Failure to do so would harm the town more than staying silent.

This is the reason why it is in the best interest of the mafia/adventures or anyone else to pretend they're townies/minions or just simply keep quiet about which roles they are. Saying that you're anything else is just too risky.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 9:18AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
It would be pretty silly for seventy2 to just claim he's the detective, unless he happened to know who the actual detective was.
Claiming to be something false would be a little easier to get away with in this game though, since dieing doesn't reveal your role.
Also, I think it's fairly important to note that since this game only has one minion, (and two body guards who the DM knows the identity of anyway), you'd have the same chance of being found out if you claimed yo be the detective as you would claiming to be the minion.

If he is lying then I wonder why the real detective hasn't surfaced. Perhaps they're just waiting for the first sacrifice so they can use their power before being killed. (Or they're just inactive).
Niccea at 9:38AM, June 16, 2011
(offline)
A relatively crazy question, but could the “green robes” be a clue? Like pointed at TFGM or someone else with an affinity for the color? Just trying to overturn every rock.

And please. Don't forget to make your daily sacrifice to the volcano god.
BffSatan at 9:47AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Niccea
A relatively crazy question, but could the “green robes” be a clue? Like pointed at TFGM or someone else with an affinity for the color? Just trying to overturn every rock.

And please. Don't forget to make your daily sacrifice to the volcano god.
Also possibly OnlyFools. (Look at her signature)
seventy2 at 9:58AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
I would once again like to take the time to point out Post #2 on page five. linked here to show that before the elections, i was just accusing in order to get more votes.

facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Product Placement at 10:03AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
BffSatan
Also, I think it's fairly important to note that since this game only has one minion, (and two body guards who the DM knows the identity of anyway), you'd have the same chance of being found out if you claimed yo be the detective as you would claiming to be the minion.
1…2…3…

Wait… I count 15 unique roles, not including minions.

There's 1 Dark champion, 1 Shaman, 2 Witches, 1 Beholder, 1 Trap Master, 2 Blood Knights. Then there's the Fearless Leader (1), Cleric (1), Rogue (1), Wizard (1) and Barbarian (1). Then we've got 2 Chaos Priests. That's 15 people which subsequently means 4 remaining minions.

2 people get elected as DM and Keeper of Keys and we've got 2 dead people. We have no idea if any of those are minions.

There should be more then 1 minion running around.
BffSatan
Claiming to be something false would be a little easier to get away with in this game though, since dieing doesn't reveal your role.
Seventy made that claim before Salsa revealed that dying doesn't reveal your role.
BffSatan
If he is lying then I wonder why the real detective hasn't surfaced. Perhaps they're just waiting for the first sacrifice so they can use their power before being killed. (Or they're just inactive).
The beholder is not inactive. The narration said that he did something last night.
Seventy's second post on page 5
I'm just accusing currently, but i will use my night action to detect her, and i will behold the answer.
Well then… since you're claiming to be the beholder and we know that the beholder checked something last night, why haven't you told us what you found out?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 10:08AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
seventy2
I would once again like to take the time to point out Post #2 on page five. linked here to show that before the elections, i was just accusing in order to get more votes.

So all the people who voted for Ally weren't adventurers?

Also, PP, I was just going off the fact that it says 1 next to the minion. My bad, I guess there's more.

I've gotten my self into a right tizz trying to work this out.
Product Placement at 10:15AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
BffSatan
So all the people who voted for Ally weren't adventurers?
That's something that annoyed me. Your accusation was so specific (“everyone that voted for ayes is adventurer. except 1.” ) that it made me think that you had already figured out that everyone, except one was an adventurer.
BffSatan
Also, PP, I was just going off the fact that it says 1 next to the minion. My bad, I guess there's three.

But I just said 4 minions…

…You know something we don't?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
BffSatan at 10:18AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
But I just said 4 minions…

…You know something we don't?
No, it's just very early in this timezone.
seventy2 at 10:19AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
Well then… since you're claiming to be the beholder and we know that the beholder checked something last night, why haven't you told us what you found out?

i told the DM. and he has formulated a plan with what he was told.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Ally Haert at 10:25AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Wow, I completely forgot about the Priests of Chaos roles! The only two people we've seen using the buddy system are Jay and Zeph. But then, they teamed up so early in the game it's hard to tell if it was before the roles were assigned. Still…
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Niccea at 10:36AM, June 16, 2011
(offline)
Ah. But since neither of them are here to defend themselves, we don't know if the priests know each other. I have also seen a fair amount of people in the previous games rail on each other just for show when they were really both mafia.
Ally Haert at 10:52AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Makes sense.
“No one can go back to start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending,” Maria Ross.
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:55AM, June 16, 2011
(offline)
Ally Haert
Makes sense.
Bout time that something like that happened.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Zeph at 11:59AM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Dammit, I'd totally be reading these long ass paragraphs of discussion if I wasn't on the verge of puking… Why does the world have to spin?

(Seriously I think I woke up with a mild case of vertigo or something.. ugh)

As for the claims that me and Jay are Chaos priests.

False..
Like everyone knows who's played mafia for a while, Jay and I are buddies. So we often just work together by default, except when the zombies eat my face. Also, if we were Chaos Priests, another casualty would of appeared, as me and Jay aren't ones to squander killing roles.

And as a final note: Does anyone have a cure for dizziness? This is started to effect my ability to walk today.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
pokketmonstahhuntah at 12:04PM, June 16, 2011
(online)
So the only safe lie is to say you're a minion?
Got it.

It could be that all the voters for Ally just wanted boobs…
and often it's the drunk adventuring party that is trying to “whoo” the barmaid.

The evil folks are too busy being suspicious in a corner.

It's all theory though.

If Jay & Zeph been trying to work together, chances are high they're either both adventurers or the chaos priests.

I think I'm starting to understand the game. ^^
Man,
I would kill for some Okonomiyaki right now!
Deviant-art
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Zeph at 12:14PM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Kay… someones playing with the rule book flipped upside down.

Do tell me? When you move the joy stick allegedly forward on your controller, does your character by chance run around in a circle screaming, “HELP HELP! YOU BLOODY LIT ME ON FIRE?!”

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
pokketmonstahhuntah at 12:22PM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Like I said… it's all theory.

In my defense, you ninja'd me. Your post wasn't there when I started typing.

Yeah, so, maybe another Gorgon sponguebath will do you good =D

EDIT: Don't forget… I actually don't know who knows who. IC and OOC.
Anyway, I'm diving back into the books)
Man,
I would kill for some Okonomiyaki right now!
Deviant-art
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Zeph at 12:24PM, June 16, 2011
(online)
OH GOD WHY?!

I'm making a note in the next game to kill Salsa just for this.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Ally Haert at 1:34PM, June 16, 2011
(online)
Better yet, volunteer to GM the next game and torture Salsa….er, I mean – All hail powerful and mighty Dark Lord Salsa. May he reign forever!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon