MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXI: Kicking It Old School
kitty17 at 12:19PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
I thought it was seventy2 at first but then people started connecting PP and Crocty to the serial killer murder because of an old narrative and I wasn't sure anymore.

Hakoshen was just locking up the store. A person appeared with a grin on his face and pressed up against the glass. Hakoshen shook his head and pointed at the CLOSED sign on the door. The person fell into a fit of rage and began to pound on the glass. Hak backed away slowly and tried to run to his hidden, mafia exterminating labyrinth. He heard the crashing of glass behind him as the would be customer shot the window. Hakoshen kept running, turning over vats of acid and scorpions on his would be killer. Unfortunately, he tripped into the death trap with the blender blades. The serial killer grinned again as he hit the eviscerate button.

But just in case here are the clues I found.

Grinning is mentioned twice…and seventy2's avi has two grins. There's the sign and running which is mentioned in signature and happens in his comic ninja wedding.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Product Placement at 12:35PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
crocty
Yeah, so why am I currently the most loudly campaigned one to be lynched when there's only one clue against me, which also points to others? I just find it bizarre that every other clue is being ignored in favour of the clue against me.
Because that always happens. It always starts off with few people looking through the clues, and uncertainly pointing fingers at one and other. Then we get those who rally behind those who made the original accusations if they agree with their logic. Now that few people have been targeted, their profiles become more scrutinized and every possible link to the narration is brought to surface, even to such hilarious results where the suspect is tied to ALL the murders. If you scrutinize any profile hard enough, you can usually find tons of ties to any of the murder. By then people become convinced that they're the target and start ignoring the other possible ties because they don't want to pick someone else's profile all over again.

You and I were just the unlucky ones, this time.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
crocty at 12:39PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
crocty
Yeah, so why am I currently the most loudly campaigned one to be lynched when there's only one clue against me, which also points to others? I just find it bizarre that every other clue is being ignored in favour of the clue against me.
Because that always happens. It always starts off with few people looking through the clues, and uncertainly pointing fingers at one and other. Then we get those who rally behind those who made the original accusations if they agree with their logic. Now that few people have been targeted, their profiles become more scrutinized and every possible link to the narration is brought to surface, even to such hilarious results where the suspect is tied to ALL the murders. If you scrutinize any profile hard enough, you can usually find tons of ties to any of the murder. By then people become convinced that they're the target and start ignoring the other possible ties because they don't want to pick someone else's profile all over again.

You and I were just the unlucky ones, this time.
But that's it, there isn't even a good campaign for me. I could handle that, but I'm being convicted because my avatar is smiling along with…Actually 3 others.

However there are many clues against other people. Yeah the clues against you aren't consistent, but at least there are SOME.
Whatever, the mafia will probably outnumber the town with the right targets tonight, so after I die, the town's most likely lost. Good luck guys. :/
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Product Placement at 12:45PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
crocty
Whatever, the mafia will probably outnumber the town with the right targets tonight, so after I die, the town's most likely lost. Good luck guys. :/
Same thing will happen should I end up being killed instead.

If both crocty and I are innocent, then we're in a pretty deep trouble because we're wasting all this steam, trying to rout out the serial killer, only to kill off two villagers, while the mafia members are undoubtedly laughing their asses off right now.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 12:48PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
If both crocty and I are innocent, then we're in a pretty deep trouble because we're wasting all this steam, trying to rout out the serial killer, only to kill off two villagers, while the mafia members are undoubtedly grinning their asses off right now.
This more like.

):
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Product Placement at 12:57PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
Well, I hate to say this but crocty is making a pretty convincing argument. He's even making me consider not to vote for him. But since I know I'm innocent and I prefer to remain alive, then I have to follow this course unless we can think of an alternative?

Kroatz is a mafia suspect and as such, we could consider going after him, right? If those who believe that either I or Crocty are serial killers can be convinced to vote for him instead and wait until we know for sure which one of us is the serial killer, then we can retarget our attention at the mafia. After all, the serial killer is kinda like an evil vigilante. There's always a chance he might end up targeting a mobster.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 1:05PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Well, I hate to say this but crocty is making a pretty convincing argument. He's even making me consider not to vote for him. But since I know I'm innocent and I prefer to remain alive, then I have to follow this course unless we can think of an alternative?

Kroatz is a mafia suspect and as such, we could consider going after him, right? If those who believe that either I or Crocty are serial killers can be convinced to vote for him instead and wait until we know for sure which one of us is the serial killer, then we can retarget our attention at the mafia. After all, the serial killer is kinda like an evil vigilante. There's always a chance he might end up targeting a mobster.
I would also like to point out that even if me or PP were the serial killer, it would be much more beneficial to kill a mafioso, as they are dangerously close to winning if we screw up once more.
I'll be willing to change my vote accordingly if we are all going to agree on someone.
kitty17 at 1:08PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
I don't get why people aren't bothering looking at the other narratives…so what if one is the vigilante. He's obviously not doing anything to help us, there's no point in saving him.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Product Placement at 1:13PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
This is the perfect opportunity for either one of us to back stab each other. If we say “let's all vote to lynch Kroatz” and only those who are voting to lynch crocty switch their votes, then I'm obviously likely to die.

There's a huge debate about whether or not it's Crocty or me who's guilty of hakoshen's death. Let's see if we can't look at the other kills. If we can find someone to target for the other kills, then we have a far more likely person to lynch.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 1:19PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Okay I'm going to ask everyone to lynch Kroatz, he's the likelier candidates for being mafia, and killing the serial killer will be seriously less helpful than killing a mafioso.

Again, there's so many suspects, so if Kroatz is mafioso, then we've lowered their numbers and can only be hindered by the vigilante attempting to kill me or PP (or one of the 10 other suspects) so I'd recommend that unless there's some new evidence that comes to light, the vigilante holds off for tonight. (Unless the lynch is cancelled obviously)
Niccea at 1:37PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Ok. Change up. If finally confronted my fiance about our schedule. He promises we will be back home by 7, but just in case, I'm going to make 8 as this lynch vote's end time.

Day Three Lynch

crocty (4)
Anthony Mercer
Product Placement
Ochitsukanai
seventy2
same
Salsa

Product Placement(4)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
the seal of the mayor
jninjashadow
crocty
kitty17

Kroatz (3)
Crocty
Salsa
Product Placement

jninjashadow (1)
Kroatz
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 1:42PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
I'm going to change to Kroatz myself, lacking other possible candidates to vote for.

With that the status is 4 for crocty(in the lead) 4 for me and 3 for kroatz.

We don't need many more to change the results.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 2:45PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
My my my… this has certainly become quite the shit storm hasn't it? To be completely honest the three suspects I have as threats to the town are:
PP (highest): for the grin, the motif, the hand position which looks like tapping (I'm aware he is holding a die, but its the WAY he's holding it), his overall level of defensiveness, his preemptive guilt tripping, and his “just a townie” answer he game me
crocty (a VERY close second at this point, especially because of the repeated accusations upon my humble self) for the grin, the pose that looks similar to that which you press up to glass with, the motif, the “just a townie” response, and the over defensiveness
Kroatz: … he has a square head and thus is evil… Seriously. I saw a documentary abut it. I think Mike Moore did it.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Anthony Mercer at 2:47PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
Changing my vote to Kroatz too. Sorry about before, crocty, but it's hard not to get swept up on the bandwagon.

You know what it's like, right?
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 2:48PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
We must not question teh almighty Mike Moore! He must be destroyed!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
crocty at 3:00PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
My my my… this has certainly become quite the shit storm hasn't it? To be completely honest the three suspects I have as threats to the town are:
PP (highest): for the grin, the motif, the hand position which looks like tapping (I'm aware he is holding a die, but its the WAY he's holding it), his overall level of defensiveness, his preemptive guilt tripping, and his “just a townie” answer he game me
crocty (a VERY close second at this point, especially because of the repeated accusations upon my humble self) for the grin, the pose that looks similar to that which you press up to glass with, the motif, the “just a townie” response, and the over defensiveness
Hey while you're at it you could post everyone else's roles if you found their roles to be suspicious.
Product Placement at 3:00PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
Me and Crocty are suspects for the same crime. It's either or. I'm just hoping you're not picking on me because I hurt the Mayors feelings.
jninjashadow
his “just a townie” answer he gave me
And this is exactly the reason why nobody likes being the townie. The townies are extra scrutinized by the leadership since the mafia has no choice but to hide there. Anyone who claims to be a veteran or paramedic vigilante or otherwise get a free pass, right? Well guess again. Those rules don't apply anymore. The detective was downgraded so that he could no longer distinguish between special roles and townies. ANYONE can say that they're specials. And now that the detective is dead this argument is a mood point. You can't tell if the special roles are telling you the truth.

I'm seriously hoping I turn out to be the paranoid. Oh the look on your faces when you come after me tonight.

I'm seriously in the mood for another all special roles game again.

…nah. It was a rubbish game and the GM was an ass.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:09PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
I'm angry at Ochi and PP for completely ignoring the clues I posted against PP. They just kept saying I was trying for revenge which is a stupid argument for denying perfectly good clues. If I didn't knew Ochi was innocent I'd think this was a mafia team up. But whats worse is when Kitty pointed out the clues I pointed out PP believed she did the clue solving and then ignored them.

I also don't like this cause this means Ochi is a hypocrite. She is in my opinion one of the smartest players. How the hell did you keep saying the Narrative is a clue? Ni has told us the what the clues are based off. But you just kept going for Crocty ignoring my clues.

That stupid narrative crap isn't a clue. DEAL WITH IT! I gave three solid clues why you are it PP. But Kitty pointed out three solid clues that could point to seventy2 so I'm not quite as sure as I was. See I'm no that there are two possible people for the same murder with the same amount of clues pointed at them I'm considering who it might be.

I've argued against PP becoming mayor more than once and more than just when I'm evil role. I don't like how you take control of everything. It isn't a game with multiple players when your in a leading role. Its you controlling the good side as pieces on a game board vs the bad side.

I'm also happy that ninja also thinks PP is the killer for the first murder.

Can someone recap why Kroatz did it. Much like last time when I saw PP and Ochi being hypocritical and saying I'm just after PP for revenge I seem to skim the rest of the posts.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Mettaur at 3:09PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
I am going to host the next game! A recruitment game, oh yes! Get ready for the aliens my friends!

And here is your daily dosage of Michael Moore, who we know obviously misses being able to pick on the past president. What say you to that, Michael Moore?

Oh, um, nevermind then. Jerkface…
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Niccea at 3:18PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
A GM knows that she has made good clues when there are ton of people arguing and switching votes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Mettaur at 3:19PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
rokulily
Zeph
Could also be Ochi. That ciggerette is giving me the cancers.

nah, if ochi be anything she'd be the serial killer really. i just don't think ochi's plain ole mafia this game… or if she is then we are playing ochi's best game of misdirection. i'd say she's the best at this.

also, kroatz. i'd say he's a hitman, the one reasonable for killing zeph. the clues ‘darkness’,'battle for his life' fits his comic no heroes.

second night all the mafia did something too. so matching kroatz to maru. the glove of blood- red paw clan “Who will save me"- no heroes

but who knows? the thing is using the 2 narritives we should be able to locate a hitman based off these clues- and correct any mistaken targets if they can't match the death of zeph to either alwin or maru's death.
There is some reasons. Now to order some milk from the nice new employees, fresh milk would be good. Mmmm, miiilk…oh, and some comically large pastries would be nice too.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:24PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
Thanks Mett but Kitty beated you too it be pqing them to me. Yeah the first night clue I don't agree with but the second one is extremely convincing. Why did you guys go after PP and Crocty with those narrative in past games clues when Kroatz was here?

My suspicious list:

Kroatz
PP
Seventy2
Crocty (he hasn't been insulting me enough this game)
Ochi (for thinking narratives from past games are clues)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
crocty at 3:32PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Thanks Mett but Kitty beated you too it be pqing them to me. Yeah the first night clue I don't agree with but the second one is extremely convincing. Why did you guys go after PP and Crocty with those narrative in past games clues when Kroatz was here?

My suspicious list:

Kroatz
PP
Seventy2
Crocty (he hasn't been insulting me enough this game)
Ochi (for thinking narratives from past games are clues)
I don't insult people who I believe to be

MAFIA :0
Mettaur at 3:36PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
You haven't really insulted most of us. Does that mean you're paranoid? Or waiting for us to say stuff to then insult? I feel another head crush coming along…nope, I'm fine. Now to have a pop….goddamnit! I shouldn't have taken bites out of tha ice pop! Such an idiot!

Yeah, I actually just ate a ice pop…I was hungry. What am I talking about again? Panda bears?
seventy2 at 3:50PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
what if this was an elaborate trap set by crocty and PP?

facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Anthony Mercer at 3:58PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2

But they wouldn't do that to us… would they?!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Product Placement at 3:59PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'm angry at Ochi and PP for completely ignoring the clues I posted against PP.
Oh? You mean the clues that other people had mentioned before you mentioned them too?

Nice job trying to pin me to more then one crime, btw.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
They just kept saying I was trying for revenge which is a stupid argument for denying perfectly good clues.
Of course we believed you were doing it for revenge. You practically spelled it out to us. You're letting emotions take control of you because of a game.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
If I didn't knew Ochi was innocent I'd think this was a mafia team up.
Hey! Great job telling us she has a special role.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
But whats worse is when Kitty pointed out the clues I pointed out PP believed she did the clue solving and then ignored them.
No. I never credited her for pointing out these possible clues. She was just the last person to bring them up and therefore a logical person to quote. You were not the first person to tie me to these crimes. Stop taking credit for them yourself.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
That stupid narrative crap isn't a clue. DEAL WITH IT!
I never noticed Niccea dismissing the blender part to being not part of the clue. If she said so, then so be it. The thing is though, that what initially brought everyones attention to crocty and me was the blender business. One might argue that if that is just a herring, then we really need to re-look through the whole Hakoshen murder all over again because there might be very good chances that we've been scrutinizing the wrong players, incorrectly linking both me and Crocty to them.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I gave three solid clues why you are it PP. But Kitty pointed out three solid clues that could point to seventy2 so I'm not quite as sure as I was. See I'm no that there are two possible people for the same murder with the same amount of clues pointed at them I'm considering who it might be.
And this very same narrative has been used to target crocty. Can you see why this turned out to be such a hard discussion?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I've argued against PP becoming mayor more than once and more than just when I'm evil role. I don't like how you take control of everything. It isn't a game with multiple players when your in a leading role. Its you controlling the good side as pieces on a game board vs the bad side.
Yes. Exactly. I ignore everyone and play the way I see fit. I manipulate everyone and am such a devious bastard. You know nothing of the way I play things when I'm the mayor. I start off by building a circle of trust. It is very, very small in the beginning and I carefully extend it as I try to identify the pro-townies from the criminals. Once I do find some allies I start planing with them. We play our cards carefully, trying to maximize the town survival rate, while identifying the bad guys and hitting them hard. Niccea, Therealtj, random, Mettaur, rokulily, zeph and many others have worked with me in that level, whenever I get myself into position of being a team player and they should be able to vouch for me. We've never been in a position where we're working together on that level so you have no say in how I play the game.

I suspect I know where this opinion of your comes from. It's when you GM'd a game, where I became a mafia mayor and random was my boss. I constantly fed Random with ideas I had and he usually responded favorable to them. Often it turn out to be similar or the same as the idea he had but I beat him to the punch by PQ him faster, which he found frustrating. I always consulted him and always waited for him to say go ahead before I executed my…uhm ^^' our plans.

I remember you kept saying stuff like “oh this was just like when I was the godfather and baron took over because he was the mayor.” Yeah, you had some bad experience with that game but and for that reason I suspect you now think I bully other players into doing things my way. Well if that is the way I do things, would you think that I'd be very liked around here?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'm also happy that ninja also thinks PP is the killer for the first murder.
Glad you're happy about it.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Can someone recap why Kroatz did it. Much like last time when I saw PP and Ochi being hypocritical and saying I'm just after PP for revenge I seem to skim the rest of the posts.
Why I hate to be hypocritical and all since I'm posting but here's what Rokulily and Ochi said:
Ochitsukanai
rokulily
second night all the mafia did something too. so matching kroatz to maru. the glove of blood- red paw clan “Who will save me"- no heroes
Completely agreed. I had come up with the same clue, although I didn't post it because neither of those crimes are clearly marked as being mafia or vigilante. However, do you think the lynch candidate should be Kroatz or Crocty?
This has long gone being a question of whether or not I'm guilty. You WANT me to be guilty so you can lynch me. I'm seriously hoping you turn out to be a mafia member and this is all a act because I hate to think that you're like this.

And just so you know. I'm not being furious or anything like that. This is me calmly and collectively responding to your letter. If you can't take emotions out of the game, stop playing it.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
seventy2 at 4:10PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
i Summon Exodia

facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Product Placement at 4:10PM, July 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2

Then God help us all!

Edit: Oh no! Time paradox!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 4:18PM, July 17, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
seventy2
Then god help us all.

fixed
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon