Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Post your supernatural experiences here
Wills42 at 5:24PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
Well, back in texas, I whenever I talked on the phone, during the middle of a conversation, I would hear a soft ‘Hello?’ right behind me. I heard the word “dog” Muttered once or twice, and I'm not really sure it was the phone.
Tommorow I'll post about an experience My Grandmother (The most sane person I know) had with a ufo.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
kyupol at 6:05PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
acadia
This one time, I was abducted.
Kyupol doesn't count. He's not really a reptile alien, no matter what he says.

Dude, accept your lizzie heritage. Whether you like it or not. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
dueeast at 9:45PM, Jan. 23, 2008
(offline)
Thanks for the laugh, kyupol – I needed that! lol!

kyupol
ozoneocean
acadia
This one time, I was abducted.
Kyupol doesn't count. He's not really a reptile alien, no matter what he says.

Dude, accept your lizzie heritage. Whether you like it or not. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Croi Dhubh at 10:44PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
I remember that it wasn't until about the second grade that I realized that other people don't see things like that. Always had wondered why people would act funny when I would talk about it, and found out that's why. Those “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” would scare the shit out of me after I had learned that, mostly due to the fact that I realized that I was seeing ghosts/spirits/dead people/manifested energies. The thought of something in those stories happening terrified me.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Ladyknight17 at 10:22PM, Jan. 27, 2008
(online)
I had a couple small incidents..nothing big.

When I was about 12 I was in the basement doing laundry. I was half way through folding a shirt, I hear someone say my name. It sounded like they were right beside me. I jumped and looked around, but didn't see anyone. I figured mom must have walked by the laundry room since it was just me and her home. But when I look into the other rooms I didn't see anyone. I figured she just went back upstairs.
I thought about not saying anything. I mean…after all, it was just someone saying my name…but it really unsettled me. So I decided to ask my mom anyway. When I went upstairs she wasn't there either. She was in the backyard tanning and had been asleep the whole time. To this day I don't know what happened. But I know I heard it. I do remember there was a closet under the stairs I never went into. I never even looked into it. It always scared me.

The other events all happened at my dad and step mom's house. They lived in an old 1800's farm house. So this thing was old as dirt. Still had the door to a coal shoot and every thing…welded shut of course. It had the original doors upstairs with the original glass door knobs…so yeah. It was a cool place. Not big. But neat. I had the whole upstairs to myself. Two bedrooms, and a large landing. I made the small bedroom my art studio, and the big one my bedroom. The landing became my computer area. The window were still the big old ones, with newer custom frames. Mom and dad refused to change anything like that of the house at all! Anyway it let a lot of light into the bedroom, so it kept them warm year round. The summer it was always hot because we didn't have air conditioning.
Anyway…my friend and I where sitting there playing video games in my bedroom, zoned out in front of a bunch of fans. Now there is no attic to this house. Both rooms has slanted ceilings. But where were sitting there and we hurt this load crash. It sounded like the studio window had been shattered. It was soooo loud though we heard it over the tv and fans. So we jumped and ran into the next room the same time my dad came running up the stairs to see if we were okay.
The window was fine. Not a scratch on it. Four people in the house and we all swore it came from the same source. We checked the rest of the house to see if any glass had broken, but nothing. Everything was normal.

Lots of things like that happened in that house though.

Things would go missing only to find them later in boxes that haven't been opened in years, but we used the item a week ago. It was alway something common like a tv remote or something.

We alway would hear loud noises or things would sound like they were falling, even though everything was fine. We got to the point my step mom would say “the ghost are playing again.” So I kind of grew up around things like that. Most of the incidents I'm sure where just the noises and old house makes. But these are the few we can explain.

Tired of messing with a banner. Just visit the comic at…

www.drunkduck.com/red_poems/
Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Product Placement at 12:24AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
Crap I just remembered another one thanks to you Ladyknight. Personal one this time. I was lying in bed early in the morning and it was time to get up to go to school. I was around 18-19 this time and I started hearing this woman calling me to get up to go to school. Naturally I figured it was my mom since it sounded like her and I yelled back “yeah yeah”. The woman keeps calling telling me to get up and not to be late for school and so on and so on. Eventually I crawl up and in my sleeping stupor lurch myself over to the kitchen to make myself breakfast.

That's when I realize I'm alone in the house.
That's when I realize that my grandmother had a similar voice to my mother which by the way was long deceased.

I might have been having one of those wakening dream thing since I wasn't fully awake at the time, similar to the ones some people who think that they were abducted by aliens have, but it was still a little freaky.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
cartoonprofessor at 1:23AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
Here's a funny one that actually has a logic explanation.

When my wife was younger she dated this guy from France. He lived in this quiet village in an old house. His grandmother owned an ancient piano that was so old it had carved in candle holders from the time candles were the only light source. Once, when she was staying there, the piano mysteriously starts playing on its own accord. Both her and the boyfriend who were alone in the house at the time were so freaked out by this that they actually ran out of the room. The piano kept playing random notes and eventually their curiosity overcame their fear. Upon closer inspection it turned out that a mouse had somehow gotten trapped inside the piano and was running back and forth the string while trying to find a way out.

Now since this story wasn't particularly scary, please enjoy this actual footage of a scary ghost that appeared during the shooting of a car commercial.

That reminds me of a story my Dad told me.
He was working as a boundary rider for a big property when he was young.
There was this one boundary rider's hut that no-one would stay in because it was haunted (The properties here in Australia afre so big that it takes days to ride the boundaries)
He laughed and said it won't stop him from sleeping in out of the cold.
Sure enough, his first night in the hut out in the middle of the Quiet, Australian Bush he was woken by breathing noises. He looked up at the small window and saw a ghostly, long white face looking in at him.
He clapped his hands and it snorted and clopped away. It was a curious white brumby (wild horse) that would look in on anyone staying there.

That footage got me good, you evil b*stard, Product Placement. I was sitting right up close to the screen, watching intently for the first sign of a faint, blurry image, when…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
tea_green at 7:38AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
Once, I was dreaming that I was cleaning my room and I reached under the bed. Then this horrible rabbit-looking monster bit the palm of my left hand. I woke up in my bed and didn't think anything of it until in noticed a sharp pain in my left hand. I looked down and there was a bite mark in the palm of my hand. A little bit of the skin was broken but other than that I was fine. It healed in a week, though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
kyupol at 9:03AM, Jan. 28, 2008
(online)
tea_green
Once, I was dreaming that I was cleaning my room and I reached under the bed. Then this horrible rabbit-looking monster bit the palm of my left hand. I woke up in my bed and didn't think anything of it until in noticed a sharp pain in my left hand. I looked down and there was a bite mark in the palm of my hand. A little bit of the skin was broken but other than that I was fine. It healed in a week, though.

Could be that reality is not exactly what you see it is. There are all sorts of overlapping realities and beings (both intelligent and animal) within those overlapping realities.

Yeah yeah more of my crazy ramblings. At first I thought that that concept is only something in science fiction. Like the Matrix for instance seeing all those dodging bullets and fast fights that was ripped off from Dragon Ball Z.

Ok. Movies and anime exaggerate that concept.

Reminds me of a dream I had where I'm sort of revolutionary who is fighting these creatures who can create a cloaking field and move so fast. They wore helmets and black cloaks so I couldnt see their faces. That dream ended with me being captured then pinned to the ground and a gun pointed right at the back of my left ear.

I woke up feeling PAIN on my left ear. I thought it was only my brain playing tricks but looked at it in the bathroom mirror and my left ear was turning red.

Croi Dhubh at 3:13PM, Jan. 28, 2008
(offline)
Or she was moving when having the dream and cut herself in the manner in which the dream manifested the reasoning. It happens quiet often, actually, much like when you dream an alarm is about to sound and you're woken up by your clock.

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
kyupol at 8:01AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
Or she was moving when having the dream and cut herself in the manner in which the dream manifested the reasoning. It happens quiet often, actually, much like when you dream an alarm is about to sound and you're woken up by your clock.

Every human has some degree of psychic powers. When you go to sleep, you are at your most relaxed state.

There is nothing paranormal or magic about psychic powers.
Product Placement at 9:13AM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
cartoonprofessor
That footage got me good, you evil b*stard, Product Placement.

^^
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Croi Dhubh at 12:54PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(offline)
kyupol

Every human has some degree of psychic powers. When you go to sleep, you are at your most relaxed state.

There is nothing paranormal or magic about psychic powers.
Paranormal means above the normal. When in that state, it's obviously above the normal.

Coveinant at 4:23PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
How's this for a supernatural expeirence. I was electrocuted at age 5 and I'm still alive, not only that my body is able to stand extremes that most people can't stand (sub-freezing temps with only a hoody, sweat pants, and thin socks; and about 110 in shorts and a muscle shirt).
Enter my contests and be happy about your ideas.

go here, I may have left you something good
CJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:47AM
seventy2 at 6:12PM, Jan. 29, 2008
(online)
Coveinant
and about 110 in shorts and a muscle shirt).

hows about a 130 in a flight suit and boots?
——-

as far as dreams and getting bitten….

when i was much younger, i used to sleep with body parts (arms, hands, legs , and feet) hanging off the edge of the bed….one night i dreamed that there was this ferris wheel, much smaller than a real one, where the top came to my bed, and the bottom was in a pit with demons….and one of the demons rode it up and bit my hand…and i felt the pain, and woke up….
until recently i had to sleep up against the wall…my head and side/back had to be against a wall…so my bed has always been in corners….and still if my head is not against the wall i can't sleep….
as i look back, it may have been one of my dad's cats…but i'm sure i tell myself that now, to keep from going insane….
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Ladyknight17 at 1:10AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
I started talking to my friends about this subject and I heard some good stories, and reminded of others.
Thought I'd pass them on.

A friend of mine had just moved into a house with her 2 younger siblings, and while her parents unpacked upstairs the kids decided to play in the finished basement. There where a couple rooms that where meant to be used as offices or whatever, they had big closet, plus there was the family room and laundry room, and a half bathroom. Anyway…She was hiding in one of the offices. After a while she decided to give up. She stepped out of the closet and into the empty room, when she turned to shut the door she looked right into the face of a young woman with an annoyed expression on her face. She ran upstairs and told her parents, and of course they found nothing. She refuses to enter the room to this day.

Not so much a haunting…but sort of strange. My friend John died a few years back. About a week after he died a friend of the family was driving along the road with her kids and all the sudden they start shouting “Mommy, mommy! John's up in the clouds! He's smiling at us!” The kids seemed soooooo happy. The mom, thinking they where just playing a tricked asked them what John's hair looked like, because he had shaved his head a few days before he died because he was going to boot camp for the Marines in a week. The kids didn't know anything about his. They laughed and said “It's funny mommy. He doesn't have any hair!” Apparently, after John passed a lot of stories went around about people seeing him. Though it's not surprising. John was very popular. There was an hour and a half wait at his viewing. So naturally people really wish to see him alive and laughing again.

The last I was there for, but I didn't see anything. I was sitting outside in a park near my house one night. I'm an insomniac, so I don't sleep much. Walking helps. Anyway I was sitting on a bench, and across the park these emo kids came running. One stopped and asked if I had a camera. I said no. He said there were lights floating in the sky above the river. They were running to their car to get the camera, because their camera phones weren't picking it up. So I walked over, but I didn't see anything. They came running back, and pointing to something in the sky. I didn't see anything still, got bored, and walked away. I don't think they were just playing a joke. They were really excited.

Thats all I have for now. Bye.

Thanks.
crocty at 11:09AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
Coveinant
How's this for a supernatural expeirence. I was electrocuted at age 5 and I'm still alive, not only that my body is able to stand extremes that most people can't stand (sub-freezing temps with only a hoody, sweat pants, and thin socks; and about 110 in shorts and a muscle shirt).
1. No, you can't
2. That's not supernatural.

Also, my dead cat haunts my house :(
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:50AM
Randal at 11:39AM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
Thank you all for posting your experiences in this thread. It's very convenient to have a list handy of folks I can dismiss as gullible and superstitious.

(If you think I'm coming to this conclusion because I've simply never had any creepy experiences, you'd be wrong. However, just because something is unexplainable now, doesn't mean it will be down the road… sort of like when we learned the world wasn't only not flat, but not the center of the universe… and that lightning is not the gods being angry with us, but simple static electricity. Same with volcanoes… nobody's mad… nobody's cursed… just a little too much preasure in the magma chamber near a weak point in the Earth's crust. And that creepy feeling that someone is watching you when nobody's there? Unshielded electro-magnetic resonance.)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Product Placement at 3:56PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
Randal
Same with volcanoes… nobody's mad… nobody's cursed… just a little too much preasure in the magma chamber near a weak point in the Earth's crust.

Heh.. You reminded me of an old story back at my home. Around the year 1000 these chieftains met at their usual meating place to discuss current affairs. Their meeting place was an ancient lava field from an eruption that acurred thousands of years prior to humans ever ariving there. One of the hot topics at that time was if they should take up cristianity but at that time they worshiped the norse gods(Odin, Thor and crew). During their meating they recieve word that a mountain had started to erupt in a different part in the country, not that far away from them. Those who were pro-pagan argued that it was a sign from the gods, that they were angry at the chieftains for considering abandoning their faith. Once those words were spoken one of the chieftains called Snorri quickly responded: “What angered the gods, when the lava we now stand on flowed?”

I just think it's a cool, wise ass response.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
FyreHyde at 4:12PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
I had one of those Sleep Paralysis moments in my ex-girlfriend's apartment one time. I was laying down and thought I felt something next to me (not her, she was on the other side) and I wondered what it was. Then it started talking to me and calling me a piece of useless garbage or something and it slammed a pressure down on my chest so hard I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air and trying to yell to wake the girlfriend up to help me, but all I could do was whimper. The voice was laughing at me and daring me to try to stop it or pray to god or whatever. Eventually I relented and stopped fighting it and it went away, felt like it went in the closet, and then I could move again. Scared the everloving shit out of me. Still feels real even when I think about it, but it fits all the criteria of being Sleep Paralysis, which I fully believe it was.

I've sometimes felt kind of attuned to energy that I suppose you could classify as “supernatural”, but it's only ever really been a feeling. I mostly contribute it to general paranoia a la Douglas Adams. Tends to manifest in feeling like places are surging with odd energies and things. Like I said, I don't really buy into it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling it at the time. General paranoia comes and goes. Makes you think you've experienced something unusual when really your eyes were probably just losing focus due to a vitamin deficiency or something of the like.

*shrugs*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Aurora Moon at 5:11PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
tea_green

I've had simlar dreams…

only some of mine are a little more disturbing.

like this one time, to make a long story short, I basically dreamed that I was swimming in a sea of blood, and that I was hunting something in the bloody water.

I wake up, and my bed feel slightly damp for some reason. Not damp in the sense of peeing your bed, but more like your bed had been slept in by somebody who had a sweating problem. I throw off my blankets, and I noticed something strange…

it was like my whole body was covered in dry blood. and there was those tiny blood stains scattered all over the bed. Now if it had been confined to my face and just my pillow, then I could had passed it off as me having a bloody nose in my sleep.
But there was no way my bloody nose could had make that much of a mess, especially not with me lying in bed the whole time.

If anybody have a plausible, rational explanation for that I'd love to hear it. (And no, I was not on my period at the time, in case you were going to bring that up).

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Ozoneocean at 6:02PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
FyreHyde
Sleep Paralysis moments
Ya, I've had that. I was awake and aware, with my eyes and ears open but my body dead… There was a voice calling, it said it was my sister… but I knew it lied. I was quite scarred because I couldn't move, even though I could see and hear perfectly and just had this wheedling, evil voice calling and cajoling, trying to convince me of its reality.

Heh, I just braved it out. Resolved not to believe in it and wait for it to leave. I was a bit disappointed in my cat, a big black tom, for not protecting me (he was sleeping on my bed at the time), but then cats are about as wise and supernatural as a teddy-bear T_T -looks are deceiving.

It went away when it found it couldn't get to me and I was able to move around again, Paralysis gone, full awareness returned. no more strange sounds. Reality was mundane again… But I still found it hard to get back to sleep after that. :(

Maybe that's the true form of the “demons” who visited early holy people? :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
crocty at 7:13PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
If I hadn't of heard about that before, I'd have watched that ya'know.
And seeing as though it's 3:00am here, I'd have being very pissed off at you.
Peoples, it's a screamer.
I frown at Productplacement for posting this and reminding me of my experiences with those kinds of ting :(
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:50AM
Ladyknight17 at 8:58PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(online)
crocty
Coveinant
1. No, you can't
2. That's not supernatural.

Also, my dead cat haunts my house :(

Your right that theres nothing supernatural about it…but it can happen to people who are struck by lightning or electrocuted. The nerves become overloaded and basically fried out, so the person is no longer able to perceive pain the same as most people. So it's possible…but i don't know how truthful the first person is. So I can't say if they really are effected.

Thanks.
Ozoneocean at 2:09AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(online)
Coveinant
hahahaha! Well a lot of people have fun playing around in sub freezing temps totally naked. And even swimming in water of that temperature- seawater obviously, in the Arctic, or else it'd freeze. :P
So the cold is… normal.

As for 110 F. Well that's hardly a big thing either, it's like that most days in summer here, in Australia, and far worse all year round in the dead baked red heart of this country, up North and inland. You have no choice but to wear clothes and walk around in extremely hot temperatures in full sun, sometimes in jeans and boots, whatever. :)

Also, you can't survive electrocution, since that word means “death by electricity”. You would have been electrified. I'm not sure what that does to the body exactly, and it also depends on the type of current. From what little I do know, muscle control works on electrical impulses, so those will be overloaded and constantly spasming and locking up, I have no idea what it does to the brain, but it can make your heart beat very erratically and even stop it- in which case you die. The other thing is that the energy gets converted into heat and can burn you extremely badly, water on clothes can mitigate that a bit during the shock as it will give the electricity an alternate pathway, but a severe shock can literally cause an object (including a human), to explode, or at lest cook through.

If you survive a bad shock, you aren't superhuman, just lucky due to some chance mitigating factor. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Randal at 2:55AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
FyreHyde
I had one of those Sleep Paralysis moments in my ex-girlfriend's apartment one time. I was laying down and thought I felt something next to me (not her, she was on the other side) and I wondered what it was. Then it started talking to me and calling me a piece of useless garbage or something and it slammed a pressure down on my chest so hard I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air and trying to yell to wake the girlfriend up to help me, but all I could do was whimper. The voice was laughing at me and daring me to try to stop it or pray to god or whatever. Eventually I relented and stopped fighting it and it went away, felt like it went in the closet, and then I could move again. Scared the everloving shit out of me. Still feels real even when I think about it, but it fits all the criteria of being Sleep Paralysis, which I fully believe it was.

I've sometimes felt kind of attuned to energy that I suppose you could classify as “supernatural”, but it's only ever really been a feeling. I mostly contribute it to general paranoia a la Douglas Adams. Tends to manifest in feeling like places are surging with odd energies and things. Like I said, I don't really buy into it, but it doesn't stop me from feeling it at the time. General paranoia comes and goes. Makes you think you've experienced something unusual when really your eyes were probably just losing focus due to a vitamin deficiency or something of the like.

*shrugs*

This one's easy, fyre… you were waking up from a dream. This happens all the time. Even happens to me from time to time. Your brain shuts your body down (well, some moreso than others… some not at all) so that you don't harm yourself durring sleep, especially durring dreams where experiences can seem lifelike. as you were waking, your body hadn't been released yet from it's protective state and you are aware that you can't move and feel helpless, but a bit of your dream state is still in control. Another after affect of this is opening your eyes and still seeing a remnant of your dream as if it were right there. That scared the shit out of me once. It was really creepy, but it was also just my concious and subconcious systems both being on at the same time momentarily.
My Lady of Sorrow at 4:39AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
I had an experience that involved electricity…i refuse to put up christmas tree lights now.

As for hauntings/paranormal…my mom and I both worked in a Holsum Bakery outlet, and we both have had this experience. And a night guy had a different experience. The building that the store was in, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day used to be a barn, or rather a place to keep tractors. Anyho, whilest working by myself one day, i hear a thump. I looked around for someone, but it was only me in the store. I then walked around trying to find what fell. There was a package of hotdog buns on the floor. I pick them up and put them back on the shelf, and straighten everything out, so it just wouldn't fall off. I go back behind the checkout to finish the paper work, and thump again. This time, hamburger buns, which are closer to me then hotdog buns. Still no one in the store. I put those up, straighten those shelves making sure nothing can slide off, turn to walk back to the checkout, and thump behind me, hotdog buns again. I was like okay…poltergeist…hmm. at this point i just choose a random name out of my head which was phillip, dubbed it so, and told it to stop playing with the buns. I told my mom about “Phillip” and she said it happens to her too. She would tell me when phillip visited her. Now of course i know it could be scientifically explained, but the creepiest bit, i was working in the store by myself again, heard the thump. plain as day. I was still doing whatever it was i was doing, and i said, phillip pick it up. no games today. I finish up, and walk around the store to find whatever had fallen, and there was nothing on the floor…nothing….

the night guy, who comes in at like 3 am to unload the truck and stack it on rollers and the like, swears up and down he saw a blonde hair man, with a blue and white striped shirt in the back, walk into one of the bread trucks. (this was an outlet, big bread truck stops at a store where four little trucks are parked in the back to go out and deliver bread to the masses.)I was like ooh, you saw phillip. scared the crap out of him.

my mom told me recently that phillip followed her to the new store. she went to go drop off the moneys, and would get back to find lights turned off, doors opened or closed…and this last time, before she left she stood in front of the office door taking strict note, the office light is on, the office door is open, the office light is on, the office door is open. she goes to drop off the money bag, comes back, and a shopping cart was rolled and parked blocking the door to the office. =P

oh and at the house, ive had my bedroom open and close by itself. i don't get any creepy crawly feelings though.
I'm still trying to think of something funny to put here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
FyreHyde at 8:57AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
Randal
FyreHyde

*shrugs*

This one's easy, fyre… you were waking up from a dream. This happens all the time. Even happens to me from time to time. Your brain shuts your body down (well, some moreso than others… some not at all) so that you don't harm yourself durring sleep, especially durring dreams where experiences can seem lifelike. as you were waking, your body hadn't been released yet from it's protective state and you are aware that you can't move and feel helpless, but a bit of your dream state is still in control. Another after affect of this is opening your eyes and still seeing a remnant of your dream as if it were right there. That scared the shit out of me once. It was really creepy, but it was also just my concious and subconcious systems both being on at the same time momentarily.

Way to Read, genius. I already said that. Look up the wiki article about Sleep Paralysis. It's an odd psychological phenomenon that causes you to feel pinned down because your brain hasn't brought your motor functions back into your conscious control yet. It also tends to make you hallucinate.

Seriously. The whole point of my comment was to say I've had odd moments but I wouldn't ever classify them as ACTUALLY supernatural. Just tricks of the mind. The human brain is quite an odd beast.
Randal at 9:35AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
FyreHyde
Way to Read, genius. I already said that. Look up the wiki article about Sleep Paralysis. It's an odd psychological phenomenon that causes you to feel pinned down because your brain hasn't brought your motor functions back into your conscious control yet. It also tends to make you hallucinate.

Seriously. The whole point of my comment was to say I've had odd moments but I wouldn't ever classify them as ACTUALLY supernatural. Just tricks of the mind. The human brain is quite an odd beast.

Way to re-itterate what I already said. :/

Also, way to be congenial about it, ass. Remind me again why I let you populate the chat room? ;)
FyreHyde at 10:02AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(offline)
Probably because I'm a relatively nice guy when nobody's being condescending to me. Also I don't break the chat rules.

I wasn't aware that using a tiny bit of sarcasm counted as being a total ass. If you don't want somebody tossing some your way, then don't post in forums. *shrugs*

It's not like I think you're an idiot, guy, sheesh. Not a huge one, anyway. ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon