Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The silliest things you remember believing as a kid...
usedbooks at 1:48PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
robzidious
When I was like 6 I recall sneaking under my parent's bed (no I'm not going there, folks so don't even think about it lol) around Easter time. I don't recall why I was under the bed but I was. Anyway, my mom was telling my dad that she had bought me an Easter basket for Easter. My world was devastated. There was no Easter bunny? Then I thought about how stupid it was to think there was this magical bunny hopping around delivering Easter baskets to kids all over the world. Thanks for the memories, mom!
The Easter Bunny came to my kindergarten class. One of my classmates said they saw him changing in the restroom, and the bunny was my dad!

Imagine how elated I was to learn that my dad was the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy! (Yes, I believed my father was a magical holiday entity. I thought it was a secret identity like a spy. So I never told anyone.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Lonnehart at 7:27PM, Jan. 13, 2009
(online)
Something I just remembered…

Near my house, hidden quite a bit in the jungle was a bunch of tires from construction equipment. I was very VERY scared to go near the place because I thought it was a giant snake just waiting to eat me… (I'm very afraid of snakes, but not afraid enough now; I tend to smash them with something when I see them)

I also thought that rats loved to chew on my ears as a child. I had my pillow around my head to keep that from happening…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
HippieVan at 6:50AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Aurora Moon
The whole childhood wonder of Christmas, especially with the Santa bit, pretty much slipped by me.

it's like when my family first took me to see Santa at the mall when I was like 4-5 years old, it's like at the time I was wondering why they took me to see some random guy who was obviously wearing a fake beard. I pretended to be happy to see him though, just to please my parents.

I believed in Santa, but I never knew that you were supposed to think those guys in the mall were actually Santa. I mean, it was obviously a fake beard, and there was one in every mall and everything…so I never wanted to go see them. It creeped me out to sit on a random guy's lap.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
krisikas at 9:12AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
I believed that if I wont turn the lights in the hall on before the hall doors closes, monster will take me away forever. xD
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
CharleyHorse at 10:46AM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
As a child I figured that anytime a television actor was called upon to speak a line or two of a foreign language that the actor simply spouted nonsense syllables on the spot.

My reasoning was that nobody would ever know the difference or that those who did would be a statistically tiny portion of the population and so why spend the time making an actor or actress memorize a few lines of a foreign language or spend the money hiring someone that actually spoke it?

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
robzidious at 12:23PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
CharleyHorse
As a child I figured that anytime a television actor was called upon to speak a line or two of a foreign language that the actor simply spouted nonsense syllables on the spot.

My reasoning was that nobody would ever know the difference or that those who did would be a statistically tiny portion of the population and so why spend the time making an actor or actress memorize a few lines of a foreign language or spend the money hiring someone that actually spoke it?

Wait…they really DO speak the foreign language?!

;-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:08PM
machinehead at 6:35PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
I used to believe in the normal childhood rubbish like Santa, Easter bunny, tooth fairy and Jesus. But they were all a load of crap. Oh and I used to believe that my parents closet was a portal to hell and that if I looked inside a demon would grab me and take me to hell where I would be tortured for all eternity. I also thought my creepy neighbor was a serial killer but he was just a 40 year old loser, and lived with his mom.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
humorman at 10:54PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(offline)
When I was a lad, my teacher told me the pyramids were made from sugar cubes. Now, I believed them at first, but then I thought, "If they were made from sugar cubes, wouldn't they have been white?" It was then I decided that I should build a pyramid out of sugar cubes to test out this theory. One by one, I stacked the cubes. Eventually, I created a decent sized pyramid that was architecturally outstanding. I then decided to place this pyramid on a terribly high pedestal to display its amazing splendor. This pedestal was also to be made out of sugar cubes. Once construction was complete I placed the entire structure on the smallest hill of my neighborhood park. Here is a picture:

So remember, don't not believe everything anyone says to you because it just might turn out to be true, just like the thing I made up just now!

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Lonnehart at 12:20AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
I also used to believe that all girls carried a virus known as a “Cootie”, and once a boy was infected he would slowly turn into a girl!!! Thank goodness that turned out to be completely false.

Now where'd I put that lipstick…?
Red Slayer at 9:47PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
Democracy.
I'm not going to fall for that one again.
communism now, is a different story.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Scheiden at 10:30AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
I used to avoid mirrors when changing clothes when I was a kid. You know those mirrors used in crime dramas and police interrogations? Yeah like that one. So yes, I thought the mirrors in my house and room is like that so I move to the corner of the room that isn't reflected on the mirror. This continued till I was 6. =_='''
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
Hakoshen at 8:52PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
Watching the Thriller music video and believing my oldest brother (who's 11 years older than me) when he said that Michael Jackson was really a zombie, and that he would someday come out of the closet to get me.

That fear was actually kinda accurate.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Aurora Moon at 9:58PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
Watching the Thriller music video and believing my oldest brother (who's 11 years older than me) when he said that Michael Jackson was really a zombie, and that he would someday come out of the closet to get me.

You know, if MJ was really an zombie, then it would certainly explain so much. The deathly pale skin and the nose falling off… it wasn't because of excessive surgery! =o
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Katch at 12:14AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(offline)
That the aliens from ALIEN actually lived in my closet o__e

mom, can i have a nightlight? make that a hundred kaythanx~
Something goes here
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
SeriousQuiche at 11:14AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(offline)
I believed that Clowns were evil.

And now that I'm grown, I take comfort in knowing I was right.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Nersop at 12:30PM, Jan. 17, 2009
(offline)
When I was 5 years old I used to believe that demon desklamps lived under my carpeting and they all came out to play during the night while I was asleep. They would wander the streets and use their light as a tractor beam to draw in innocent bystanders on the street before consuming them whole.

I also used to believe that 3-prong outlets were satanic and if you didn't leave something plugged into them, they would creep across the wall and turn you into electrical energy and devour you without leaving a single trace of your existence.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
AzuJOD at 10:11PM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
I thought “allergic” meant “afraid of”, so I told everyone I was “allergic” to dogs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
BffSatan at 4:27AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen

I used to fear Sir Ian McKellen comeing out of the closet and grabbing me, and like yours, kinda accurate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
KiwaraSan at 10:10PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(offline)
I always thought deserts were on another planet… ô____o
Count to one, it's okay to live
Count to two, it's okay to rest
Count to three, it's okay to think
It's okay to live at my pace
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Ozoneocean at 11:33PM, Jan. 20, 2009
(online)
KiwaraSan
I always thought deserts were on another planet… ô____o
Of course! —> Dune ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Glarg at 3:13PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
Mmm, the precious spice.

I always used to believe the internet was an entire world on it's own, there were living beings inside who did every action for everyone.

…then again I watched Tron far too many time, and digimon episodes too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
aegnation at 4:38PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(offline)
haha, the one thing that I def. remember believing is just too funny.

My mom let me believe that Teenage Mutated Ninja Turtles existed. When I would come across a covered manhole, I'd shout down “Hi, ninja turtles!” …

Updated: 5/03/09!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
Lonnehart at 5:54PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
SeriousQuiche

Looks like I'm not the only one who found out just how evil clowns really are. I mean… there's one who was a serial killer named John Wayne Gacy! Thank goodness he's six feet under now…

oh, no… there can't be more out there…. right???
Red Slayer at 9:07PM, Jan. 21, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
SeriousQuiche

Looks like I'm not the only one who found out just how evil clowns really are. I mean… there's one who was a serial killer named John Wayne Gacy! Thank goodness he's six feet under now…

Nah, the other ones are kidnappers and child rapists.
Nothing to be worried about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
pastel at 4:04AM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
I grew up with eating feta cheese so I was never exposed to all those other fancy stuff.

When I saw pictures of them…

I couldn't really comprehend how the outer layer could be like that, so I assumed it grew that way. Like on a tree or something. And so in my mind, there were two types of cheeses: ones that people made from milk, and another that grew on trees.
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
HippieVan at 2:18PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(online)
Red Slayer
Lonnehart
SeriousQuiche

Nah, the other ones are kidnappers and child rapists.
Nothing to be worried about.

I also dislike clowns…last year at my dad's work Christmas party they brought in a clown who introduced himself as “Stabby the Clown.” I swear that's what I heard. I later found out that his name was Slappy or Snappy or some such thing, but I was pretty freaked out for a while.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Katsu at 2:37PM, Jan. 22, 2009
(offline)
Believing that Jonny Quest was stalking me….
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
dorkydeetz at 4:58PM, Jan. 31, 2009
(online)
My older sister told me that if your belly button was pressed, you would become pregnant.
Of course when i was little i had a BIG fear of pregnancy and i cried for a weak when i accidentally touched my bellly button.
everyone kept telling me it wasn't true, but i wouldn't beleive them XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Nicotine at 9:21AM, Feb. 1, 2009
(online)
Santa.

The Tooth Fairy.

Easter Bunny.

D:

Well, that would be my short response, but actually there was one more. My dad made up this imaginary animal, and I used to think that it was real (even though I obviously never saw it, because my dad would say that if I looked at him he'd disappear forever XD). So I used to think this animal was riding in the car with us and everything. Childhood is so innocent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Signz at 9:40AM, Feb. 1, 2009
(offline)
i believed that life was like the truman show.

uh i thought i was destined for greatness. well i still think i am. >_>

ozoneocean
I also thought that you could make the strongest metal in the world just by finding out all the elements with the best properties of things and making them into a super-alloy: Titanium for strength, boron for tensile strength, lithium for lightness, gold for corrosion resistance… etc.

wait… so that won't work?

well i failed science…. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon