Networking & Community Projects*

To Be A Master, A Pokemon Community Project (Name Pending)
Hero at 7:42AM, Sept. 8, 2007
(online)

It's Kuumba, but retooled for this project.
Info Here
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
Cheeko at 8:49AM, Sept. 8, 2007
(online)
hpkomic
Trainer time!

COOLEST. TRAINER. EVER. :D

-Romans 8:28-
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
AQua_ng at 11:22AM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
Let me guess - Daft'd knows Roost.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
hpkomic at 12:21PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
Let me guess - Daft'd knows Roost.

You wouldn't believe how happy I was when they finally gave Farfetch'd a recovery move aside from Rest.

So yeah, that and Bodyslam, Sand Attack and Air Slash.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
marine at 3:43PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
Me and my mudkip will fudge up anybody else's pokemans. Also in typical anime video game fashion, my power is that I have lots and lots of powers.

My sprite sheet:

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Hijuda at 7:51PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(online)
For the past month, Pokemon has encompassed my entire life. I wrote a damn comic about it. I am so in this.

On a side note, hopefully no legendaries will be used in the tournament. Nothing ruins a battle faster than fielding ubers.

Me and my mudkip will fudge up anybody else's pokemans.

So, I herd u liek mudkips?
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
GigasDragon at 1:50AM, Sept. 9, 2007
(offline)
Hijuda
(comic link)

Ahahaha that comic is so true :D

Alrighty, I got some pictures! First off, I'll introduce my trainer(s) cuz he needs introducing! And further developing, but I'm impatient and meant to do this before I went to sleep (but didn't! :( Sad me)

Details are here!

Second we have our hosts, two of the worlds greatest trainers! Red on the left (Who is not going to be keeping those sunglasses, that was just an idea I pitched in that I dun like so I'm not keeping them), and Crystal on the right.

Finally, Sawyer (yeah that's right >:| … I was listening to Rush when I named her. >_>; ), one of the investigators looking into the disappearances who believes something is wrong with the whole tournament. She uses Ghost type Pokemon to slueth about.

I'm also going to sketch up some locations here in a little bit, and then once I get done with that, its comic time =D

Also, yay farfetch'd! Farfetch'd is definately one of my favorite Pokemon ^^

Nobody should be feilding legendaries, holy crap I would strangle them because I don't like having to fight them in my game, I sure don't like to fight them when I'm trying to have fun with everyone in the community.

Speaking of other interests that are relevant, aauuuugh I wish I had my wifi cuz I'm sure there are plenty of you that would be game for a battle or 60 ;_;

… as I end this post I feel like I'm forgetting important details. Help me out ya'll D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
Eddie Jensen at 4:39AM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
so can you make your own pokemon? for the element of suprise because personally I think that would be cool but eitehrway I'm in though I barely remember any pokemon or their attacks YAY. lol
if I was a teapot I think I'd be orange.

http://t-k-.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Hero at 9:27AM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
The link you posted keeps taking me back to the home page, Gigas. It's this right?
Glarg at 11:30AM, Sept. 9, 2007
(offline)

Name: Evan

Sex: male

Team: “Greenwing” Golduck, male (lvl 95)
“Snowball” Delibird, female (lvl 57)
“Mallard” Magmar, female (lvl 64)

Ranking: All Kanto and Johto badges.

Personality: Evan is a bit bi-polar, he can be very sensitive at time….other times he yells in frustration for no apparent reason, But very rarely will you see him skipping and smiling joyfully.

Background: Evan came from the little quiet town of snowport city, fishing for magikarp was his hobby until he snagged a psyduck. The two were inseperatable the day he caught it. He started traveling at the age of 15, the trainers in sinnoh were too tough for him so he decided to start out in kanto and go on from there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
NPC_Girl at 1:18PM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
Okay! finished with my Bio. and i did it this was because i'm just this much of a pokeafreak. ^_^

Background: His mother ran a Pokemon beauty parlour and he would spend many of his weekends helping her. His father ran off to become a Pokemon master when he was little. and so when he was old enough he was determined to go off and find him. but as he grew up he became inspired to become a Pokemon breeder after seeing so many peoples different Pokemon and how different each one turns out depending on how they're raised. but none the less he still went out to travel around when he hit sixteen to find his father and see whether or not he succeeded in his quest.

personality: A vain young man, who does have a refreshingly honest attitude. He acts innocently, saying things off the top off his head in an open minded fashion. He can come across as rude, or brash because of this. He acts like a bit of a ditz, but he shows some signs of amazing intelligence when he wants to. He is very stubborn when it comes to decisions, because it usually take him some time to think about them, but when he has a plan he sticks to it like glue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Hijuda at 5:50PM, Sept. 9, 2007
(online)
Got my guy done. The picture looks like ass, so I may redo it, however.

Thomas, 15, Dude, OCD Breeder/Trainer, yadayada…

Thomas is an obsessive trainer, thanks to his ability to read strategy guides and Pokemon movesets for hours on end. He can name the base stats and movesets for nearly every Pokemon out there, and is a heavy chain breeder. He's known to prepare obsessively for any event, no matter how small. From IV breeding to EV training, Thomas looks to have the strongest Pokemon out there. Outside of Pokemon, however, he takes very few things seriously, and maintains a playful/idiotic demeanor.

Team (whenever I get around to making one):
1. “Seizure” - Porygon-Z
2. “Ian” - Smeargle
3. “Shuckers” - Shuckle
4. (Spot empty)
5. (Spot empty)
6. (Spot empty)

Jesus Christ, I wrote a bio for a self-insertion Mary Sue Pokemon fan character. Time to kill myself…

Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. First, we'd set up a large tournament listing, with matchups and rounds, pitting one DD user against another for each round. Next, the two users would battle via Wi-Fi, and then illustrate the results of the battle.

For example:

Say that I'm paired against hpkomic for the first round, and he kicks my Shuckle-loving ass. We'd keep the results to ourselves, but we'd take turns drawing pages, illustrating the battle, and the rest of the community will learn of how the battle went by the comic. And each round could have different rules- for example, the first round could be a strict three-on-three, the second round could be a lv. 50 battle, or the last round could be a two-on-two battle. I think it would be pretty sweet.

But what of the losers? Are they to stay out of the comic for the duration of the project? No! They can take part in the back plot, and learn why Trainer's Pokeballs are being stolen, and band together for a final confrontation at the end of the story! (Or something).

Feel free to change what you want. Just know that I think this would be frickin' sweet.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
GigasDragon at 9:19PM, Sept. 9, 2007
(offline)
Eddie Jensen
so can you make your own pokemon? for the element of suprise because personally I think that would be cool but eitehrway I'm in though I barely remember any pokemon or their attacks YAY. lol

… whut? ^^; Keep to the official Pokemon please, no making them up.

Hijuda
Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. (etc.)

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but that would end up excluding anyone who doesn't actually own Daimond or Pearl, or even just happen to be unable to connect to wifi (Like myself ;_;). Plus, simataneously, it would also be not so fun for those casual players who don't happen to crunch numbers like we do ;P Nothing ruins your Pokemon day like getting owned horribly D:

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, you have a chance to help build the colluseums! Scattered throughout all of the superstructure, are a colluseum for each Pokemon type, and I just don't think I could design each and every one of them myself without them getting boring. So, if you're willing, pitch in a concept for each type! ((Though Electric is mine, I love my electric Pokemon and colluseum >.> … oh and I suppose I already have a plan for fire too))
Glarg at 3:52AM, Sept. 10, 2007
(offline)
GigasDragon
Eddie Jensen

… whut? ^^; Keep to the official Pokemon please, no making them up.

Hijuda
Lastly, I had an idea on how the tournament could take place. (etc.)

I like the idea, don't get me wrong, but that would end up excluding anyone who doesn't actually own Daimond or Pearl, or even just happen to be unable to connect to wifi (Like myself ;_;). Plus, simataneously, it would also be not so fun for those casual players who don't happen to crunch numbers like we do ;P Nothing ruins your Pokemon day like getting owned horribly D:

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, you have a chance to help build the colluseums! Scattered throughout all of the superstructure, are a colluseum for each Pokemon type, and I just don't think I could design each and every one of them myself without them getting boring. So, if you're willing, pitch in a concept for each type! ((Though Electric is mine, I love my electric Pokemon and colluseum >.> … oh and I suppose I already have a plan for fire too))

Yeah I got dial-up, they don't have broadband out here (and they said they WERE going to put it out ere but its been about a year since I asked)

DIBS on the Water colluseum!
Eddie Jensen at 4:53AM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)

I'll add a profile later for now I'm way too sick but for now I leave you with this

“he may only have one arm… but it packs one hell of a catch.”
if I was a teapot I think I'd be orange.

http://t-k-.deviantart.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Hero at 8:45AM, Sept. 10, 2007
(online)
GigasDragon

I will totally do the fire coliseum. This is the kind of thing I used to do when I was like eleven and I still remember what I wanted to do. Give me a figurative second and I'll get a rough draft.
GigasDragon at 3:36PM, Sept. 11, 2007
(offline)
Okay I'm gonna start compiling all the trainers that have entered so far on the first post, dunno how long that's gonna take, but I'll edit this post when I'm done.

Sorry I couldn't get to you all with a REAL update, next post will contain some content I promise o3o
kitty17 at 7:50PM, Sept. 11, 2007
(offline)
Oh…I am so very tempted to join this…but the problem would be that I am not familiar with the newer pokemon…so I'd have to go old skool. Hmm

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
GigasDragon at 11:05PM, Sept. 11, 2007
(offline)
kitty17
Oh…I am so very tempted to join this…but the problem would be that I am not familiar with the newer pokemon…so I'd have to go old skool. Hmm

No problem! ‘Sides, I’m gonna have a primer type thing to keep people up to date.
NPC_Girl at 8:43AM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
colluseums are like the arenas the pokemon have to fight in right? I wouldn't mind designing one i guess :-S

oh and i now own Pokemon Diamond and a brand new shiny DS. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
Glarg at 1:22PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(offline)
I'd like to switch mine to the “Ice Arena”. I'm really bad when it comes to drawing water.
Enef at 1:57PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(offline)

(NOTE: I left it out but the bottom half of the pokeballs on his top/trousers are white.)
Nateorion.

Pokemon Researcher and Hunter.

Team:
“Rach(Ray-ch)” Charmander(female) (Level 95)
“Smee” Totodile(Male) (Level 89)
“Twiggy” Turtwig(Male) (Level 40)
“Raptorex” Staraptor(Male) (Level 50)
“Emily” Sandslash(female) (Level 90)
“Lex Luthor” Abra {Level 33)

Rankings: All Kanto, Johto badges. 5 Hoenn badges. 2 Sinnoh badges.

Background:

After defeating the first two regions Orion got bored of the gym battles and devoted his time to locating and capturing pokemon as a “Hunter” for others to raise money. This is what he enjoys, the thrill of the chase, the love of the fight, the feeling of winning.

He also researches pokemon in his spare time, trying to unlock more and more of the secrets that still surround pokemon. Keeps in contact with Prof.Oak, his idol and hopes one day to not only complete the pokedex but to discover a new, never seen, never documented pokemon and thus, surpass his idol.

Personality: He hunts pokemon for a living, what do you think? :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
MysteriousJeff at 1:12AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
Yes, Yes, YES! I want to participate too!

Lan (Lanny) Viron

Age 14

Passive Pokemon Trainer

Lan trains pokemon as a hobby, but not an obsession. He attends Rustboro High School, thus, he has less time and devotion to pokemon training. However, he has gone on trips to other cities for the badges. Unlike other trainers, he does not EV train his pokemon. However, this does not make him a pushover. He knows perfectly well what he's doing and usually learns from his failures and corrects the problem. He tends to use up summer vacation looking for less common Pokemon such as Chimecho and Relicanth. Furthermore, he likes to catch pokemon not native to Hoenn.

Team
1: Watson (Combusken)
2: Razr (Sceptile)
3: Zen (Gastrodon)
4: Nozo (Raichu)
5: Rowan (Honchkrow)
6: Lucario

(This list is a mix of my Sapphire team and my Diamond team. Yes, I actually have a Raichu named Nozo)

As you can all tell, he loves the pokemon Combusken.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Beautiful_Flames at 10:39AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
This is cool!

Name: Emm

Sex: Female

Team: Chi-Chi {male} Blazikin (lvl 94)
Adela {female} Espeon (lvl 60)
Ridic {male} Umbreon (lvl 59)
Livvy {female} Noctowl (lvl 75)
Serena {female} Altaria

In storage:
Belle {female} Milotic (lvl 62)
Slate {male} Absol (lvl 56)
Sool {female} Gardevoir (lvl 58)

Personality: Very caring, but shy. Would rather sleep outside then rent a room at a hotel.

Background: Emm lived on a berry grove with her grandma. One day, when she was 7, a hord of Ninjask came after her. All of the sudden, a torchic saved her from them. They became close from that day on, even though her poor Chi-Chi was blind. Braking the stariotypes, she taught her Blazikin ‘Ultrasonic’ so it could ‘see’.

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
Glarg at 1:15PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
So how does this all work out, do we make side-stories about our characters or is it all on one comic.
Jules at 2:16PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
The story seems great for a Pokemon Comic (especially since it won't be sprite). I hope you accept my character!

Deviantart
http://jules15.deviantart.com/art/John-64977997

Name: John

Occuptation: Trainer

Rankings: All Kanto/Johto Badges

Team:

Mighty (Primeape) Lvl 63

Flame (Charmeleon) Lvl 45

Psi (Alakazam) Lvl 85

Alaster (Togetic) Lvl 70

Shrew (Sandslash) Lvl 57

Background: John was a lead-counselor at a Kanto Pokemon Trainer Camp a few summers ago, and now is an established Pokemon League Champion of the Kanto and Johto leagues. His first and main pokemon is his Primeape nicknamed Mighty. He received a Charmander egg (Flame) from a famous professor back in Kanto. It's currently a lvl 45 Charmeleon. A friend that he lost a while back gave him Alaster (the togetic).

John has yet to travel to the Hoenn or Sinnoh regions (he's too lazy). The tournament hosted by Red though he has an immense amount of willpower. He's lost a few times in his earlier years as a trainer, and everytime he thinks back to those occassions it only encourages him more to win. Oh, an important thing about him is that he's not too ‘hip’ on the newer pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh so he tends to resent the thought of even battling them.

I'll be sure to have a handrawn version of him soon if you want.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
mastachaos at 7:31PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
…..must..enter…..the….fray.

.Gonna redo it later this week.
Name: Shad

Occuptation: Trainer

Ranking: All Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn badges)

Team:
Angel(Blazeken) lv.79
Shadow(Umbreon) lv.87
Sato(Ampharos) lv.79
Asuka(Garchomp) lv.67
Kyoshi(Dragonite)lv.56
Matthew(Empoleon) lv.77

(Boxed reserves)
Roc(Pidgeot) lv. 66
Zero(Golduck) lv.54
Slash(Scizor) lv.70

Background: Like a typical trainer, Shad started out with an Eevee that loved the moon. After obtaining all of the Kanto badges, his eevee evolved into an Umbreon. Instead of challenging the League, Shad and Shadow traved to the johto, and once again obtain all 8 badges. When he thought of challenging the johto league, his brother gave him two eggs that became a torchic and a mareep. With his two new additions, he decided to train for three years before journeying to Hoenn. Shortly after becoming the Hoenn champion, he resigned almost instantly, stating that he still wasn't ready for Champion status.

He traveled to Sinnoh by request of his brother and spend a few months training with his brother, who in turn gave Shad his Garchomp and Empoleon(which he rarely uses). After hearing about a certain tournament, Shad views it as a chance to see if he's ready to accend to the next level.

Personality: Shad is the quiet type, prefering to observe from the side lines and speaking only if there's a reason he deams “worthy.” However, after he knows someone for a while he seems to be more talkative. Shad trains with his team….meaning he acually spars with Angel and Sato(leading to many trips to the hospital). Besides his real brother, Shad also views Shadow, Angel, Sato, and Kyoshi as his bothers.

SIde note: I call Dark arena

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
AQua_ng at 2:12AM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I find it hilarious that I'm the only one with level 20 Pokemon.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
TrueNamu at 7:41AM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
I want in!

Name: Jade(I know it's a girl's name)

Pokemon:
Growlithe(lvl.34)
Farfetch'd(lvl. 50)
Espion(lvl.52)
Flygon(lvl.47)
Larion(lvl.40)
Swellow(lvl.36)

Background: Jade was a typical boy,always into Pokemon and hoping to become a world famous trainer. Jade, when he grew to that age went out and enjoyed his life as a Pokemon Trainer, until he received word of his mother having died because of an accident with the Red Garados Conservation team along with 12 others. His father was not around to tell him since he left him and his mother when he was 5. Jade became depressed, then began blaming himself, to wanting revenge and vowing to catch that Red Garados.

Personality:
Morbidly sad and angry and ready to accept revenge.

(Add my char later,he's already drawn)
ONLY “art” I'm good at,is my guitar.

drunkduck.com/Des
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
GigasDragon at 10:18AM, Sept. 16, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
I find it hilarious that I'm the only one with level 20 Pokemon.

I'm beggining to think I'm gonna need to put in some kind of limitation here, I mean, for really, when you challenged Red in Gold/Silver/Crystal, his Pokemon were about Lvl 80+ each. But he's the -champion-. These level 80+ Pokemon popping up are really kinda silly o.o;

This is the stage that is at the base of the volcano that the superstructure is built around! Every night a band performs here to keep trainers and Pokemon fans entertained throughout the tournament. It is rumored that on the last day, the finalists will climb the mountain through the path that can be seen behind the stage… and that this stage might be a colluseum itself. Only time will tell.

Not a big update, but I figured it would help move things along. :3

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon