Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your fave stereotype about yourself
Salsicoruc at 3:53PM, April 1, 2008
(offline)
Lessee, I've spent my most recent years (see: the past decade) in the south-eastern US (Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina), “the South”, as it's called.

Therefore,
I drink sweet tea/ ice tea with every meal (the stuff you can cut with a knife)
I can't spell
My accent should be really twangy and I should talk really slowly
At least one person in my family should have a mullet
I should drive a truck (so I can put my dog/tractor/kids/house in the back)
My aunt, cousin, grandma, parents or some close relative should live within walking distance of my place of residence
I'm a white southerner, so I should probably be a bigot
I should know when and what the most recent hunting season begins and ends but not be able to point out any city on a map unless my favorite hunting spot is there.
Every other thing I eat should be deep fried. They have deep fried candy bars down here. Is that normal? I can't bring myself to try one. Repulsive.

I do have all my teeth, actually.
I'm not that loud.
I am overweight though.
And I can't stand country music. *sings*“mah daaaaaaaawg raaan off with mah wyyyyyyfffe in mah truck and wrecked it into a tree, and now I believe mah only recourse is to drown mahself in bourbon”*sings*

Hmm, I could go on.

All the southerners here want to tell me I'm from Boston (or somewhere north (of the Mason Dixon line)) because of my accent, but most northerners complain that my accent's too twangy. But really my accent isn't either since I was an army brat, and what with bouncing around Europe, and staying in Germany for a good part of my early youth.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Daxy at 4:06PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
“You live in Canada? So do you like live in an igloo?”
“of course ^^”
“So do you like have internets and electricity?”
“Oh no no…I'm talking to you through a high tech etch-a-sketch”
“ohhhh cool!” O.o

I think it's kind of cute when some people think we live with polar bears ^^" …really sad when they live in the same province though. (Alberta)
*edits*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
worstcase at 5:38PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
Hmmm, my favorite stereotype would have to be…well i am from Mississippi in the US so i guess it would have to be that we don't wear shoes. I wear shoes. Most of the time. Except in the summer.

So i guess that would be partly true.

How sad…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
Hero at 7:14PM, April 1, 2008
(online)
Well, I'm from South Caroliny and I generally avoid wearing shoes unless I have to.

Letsee, I'm lanky, wear glasses, well spoken, absent minded and have crazy hair, so people assume that I'm some kind of genius. That's not to say I'm dumb, but I'm not sure I'm smart as people think I am, but I readily propagate the assumption.

So, I'm black and southern, don't speak Ebonics (I prefer classy slang from past decades), don't like to eat fried chicken too much, am not anyone's baby's daddy, don't particularly live in any ghetto, not particularly fond of amassing bling, refering to women as hoes, carrying a piece or pimpin anything much less hoes and rides.
I do however have a fondness for kool-aid not oft put to prose, and a passion for early nineties hip-hop and baggy clothing most of which bears a camoflauge pattern.

Also, I very much propagate stereotypes of black people enjoying classical music, opera, ballet, classical literature, cultral diversity, philosophy and treating women with equal respect.
K.A.L.A-Dan: Rival!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Insizwa at 8:48AM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
I'm Canadian

I drink vast amounts of Canadian beer and eat whale for breakfast. I live in a igloo and have to scavenge the harsh frozen tundra for prey. Instead of cars we ride on bobsleds and walk around in snowshoes. Every once and a while a polar bear wanders into our territory and we have to fight it with our mighty spears! Canada is awesome!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
NikiPaprika at 4:15PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
LOL
I have to say I hate myself for having red hair. NOT because of the constant teasing from small children…

…just because when someone foreign sees me, they already assume I'm wearing some sort of tartan, I know how to play the bagpipes and I eat haggis for dinner every night. XD

I think the red-head is the only thing that is stereotypical of me for a scottish girl, EVEN if the recent statistics actually say that only 11% of the scottish population are red-headed. XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
kyupol at 6:22PM, April 3, 2008
(online)

my new favorite stereotype:

I'm infinite consciousness. Because I am me I am free. And because infinite love is the only truth and everything else is illusion. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Marguati at 6:26PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
being italian I only eat pizza or spaghetti, I have long black mustache, I play the mandolin singing ‘O sole mio’ all the time, I'm a mafia member, I wear Armani, I'm a wino and I rabidly gesticulate when I'm speaking (ok, this one's true: we DO gesticulate a lot). oh, and I speak like this guy.
anyway, I find stereotypes on italians rather funny unless they're the overly abused ‘Don Vito’ mafia stuff. me and my cotenants laughed to the tears watching the Simpsons' episode of the trip to Italy
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 7:34PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
I eat at McDonald's.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
blntmaker at 8:06PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
I'm BLACK - let's see…I have THREE!

1) Great at basketball? (NOPE - First sport I learned to play was soccer).

2) The watermelon thing? (I HATE watermelon).

3) Well endowed? (Um…I HATE watermelon).

Good times!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 8:13PM, April 3, 2008
(offline)
I love watermelon, fried chicken, grape soda, and waffles.
PIT_FACE at 9:36PM, April 3, 2008
(online)
i work in the food industry and pick my nose….A LOT….

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Highwind017 at 5:46AM, April 4, 2008
(online)
Being scottish so…Wearing a kilt 24/7…And i live in a castle…
HippieVan at 7:18PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
I'm Canadian but I don't like beer and I can't skate or play hockey(ice kinda freaks me out).
Also since I'm vegetarian, dress differently and like non-violence etc I am a “dirty hippie”. Seriously, I shower. lol.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
patrickdevine at 7:50PM, April 11, 2008
(online)
lucky7s76
Let's see… living in Seattle must mean that I binge-drink coffee, love standing in the rain, work at Microsoft or Boeing, and bang my head to Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

OK, so I do drink a lot of coffee. lol!

And we don't have British accents… *cough*Fraiser*cough*

I'm from Portland Oregon, so the stereotypes are pretty similar and some of those are actually true for me. I go out in the rain a lot, routinely poison myself with coffee, and I like grunge music.
There's some other ones that are more unique to Oregon:
We eat nothing but granola
Everyone smokes a lot of weed
we're all outdoorsy
None of us have jobs
Most of those are only partly true….
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Eirikr at 11:25AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Person A-“Are you high?”
Person B-“No he's just always like that.”
Me(with raised eyebrow)-“………”

I have what you could call a very calm, even stoic demeanor around people I don't know, leading some people to think I light up, even though I don't.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
mundy at 12:13PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
My favourite stereotype is all Scots are misers, which is true in my case I'm really cheap, I hate handing money over and most other people I know are the same. Also living in a village I guess most people would believe that I live in Brigadoon and that includes friends from the “big city” of Glasgow. I think my sister often wishes that we did.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
Jinachi at 12:34PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
I'm of Eastern origin but raised in a western world. So I'm the kind of guy who would understand the conversation but cannot respond in the same language
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 2:15PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Eirikr
Person A-“Are you high?”
Person B-“No he's just always like that.”
Me(with raised eyebrow)-“………”

I have what you could call a very calm, even stoic demeanor around people I don't know, leading some people to think I light up, even though I don't.

High five, I get that all the time. Especially because allergies have permanently broken the blood vessels under my eyes.
Dan at 5:39PM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Two things-
Videogame God and hard-working as an Asian.

I'm more like a semi-videogame god since I have never beaten a single video game with a single credit (I even had to use one continue in Time Crisis 2). But I did in fact do some pretty amazing accomplishments with little practice.

And as for hard-working- most of the times I barely put any effort in my work and still get good grades on it (Except for Advanced Placement classes- I'm really blowing on them), although effortlessness have started to take a toll on my overall grades lately.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
willlapuerta at 5:52PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
I'm gonna be a little more specific than a stereo type about my race or where I'm from and go right to me. There are two things that I've had people assume about me on first sight, as illustrated in these actual conversations:

1) “Are you a gamer?” “No.” “Well, you look like one.”

2) “Are you Amish?” “Um . . . no . . .” “Oh, well . . . Great beard!” “Uh, thanks?”

Apparently I look like an Amish person who plays a lot of video games. There's something very contradictory about that . . .
“I am just a humble servant with a message here for you.”
-You Can't Take It With You, Alan Parson's Project
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Croi Dhubh at 10:57PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
That I have a lot of money, am a cocky asshole, and am a player.

Where they got the first and third I don't know…I only pretend to be a cocky asshole, too. I mean, I'm really only an asshole.
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Walrus at 7:01PM, April 18, 2008
(online)
Well, I'm american. So were all a buch of fat asses that never get any sun and every other country hates us. So yeah…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
werien343 at 10:56PM, April 24, 2008
(online)
Well I was born in Nebraska I lived most of my young life in California and now I'm in Oregon so which stereo types do you want? Let's see… well the only ones that come to mind are CA you know, you're supposed to be blond w/a tan and surf board not too fond of that… OR peoples stereo types are artsy-people… So I guess I'll go with that one (since I am an artist)
Wow,
I'm a total nerd!
*Epiphany moment* ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
SuperBiasedMan at 11:29AM, April 26, 2008
(offline)
Well I'm irish so what do peole say about us…
The drinking I guess, oh and being farmers and eating potatos.
Those are pretty true though, so it's that much funnier about how careful people have to be about talking about us.
cosB<sinFELD
If you've done trigonometry, like me, you smile at this.
Then realise what you've done and die a little inside.
No need to thank me for that. :D
Now read this: http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Biased_Man/index.php?p=395506
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
kiandranishan at 12:45PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
I'm a souterner as well, Texas in particular, so I get the same ones mentioned.But my fav stereotype is that the fact that I am Pagan most people expect me to be crazy and a goth.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
mousetrap at 11:14PM, April 27, 2008
(offline)
i'm a lesbian. i'm tough, i hate men and i shave nothing but my head. i like patchouli incense, ride a motorcycle and listen to the indigo girls.

i'm also canadian, so i smoke lots of pot and wrestle bears and eat moose, all the while drunk off my ass from strong beer.

except that i'm vegetarian, so obviously i'll kill you for liking hamburgers, and turn every meal at a restaurant into an uncomfortable political debate.

LOL.
stereotypes are preposterously fun.
PREPOSTEROUSLY.
i never posted here.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
CZweig at 5:57AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
I'm getting the obvious one over with and just saying I'm German.

… though there's really more to it, because being German I must also be blond (my hair is very dark. It's a pain in the bum to shave, really…), blue-eyed (nope, more brown), a good drinker (being eighteen and a goodie-goodie right-side-of-the-law citizen, I really don't know if I can hold a drink or not…), and also I like sausages and bratwurst and stuff (dumb comment).

I wear glasses, so I'm a big nerd of a genius. I didn't know being nearsighted made me smart! 8D … well actually I'll admit that one's true, but only because I have the Mensa card and LiveJournal full of nerdy babbling to prove it!

I'm white, so I can't dance – well my ten years of dance experience sure beg to differ.

I love acting, so I'm a liberal hippie treehugger who doesn't shower – I'd say I have no idea where this one comes from, but I've been in enough theatre classes to know. (The smellllllllllll…)

I'm Agnostic, so I'm a terrible kitten-killing gothic-wannabe loser – which is funny, because I always thought “Agnostic” just meant I wasn't sure if there was a God or not.

And I'm skinny as hell, so I puke up everything I eat – because metabolism and exercise is just lost on some people.
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Ozoneocean at 6:19AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
Germans have lovely accents ^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
CZweig at 8:07AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
They do :) Shame I grew up in New York, so the only twinge of one I got was from being around my parents.

Other than that, I sound like a Yankee who can't say “w”s or “th”s right.
hi
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon