Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What are your fetishes and do they feature in your comics?
bravo1102 at 12:44PM, Dec. 7, 2021
(offline)
fallopiancrusader wrote:
Sticking two heads on one body would make sense in an environment with extremely limited resources. Like let's say a deep space colony. You get two individuals' expertise, but they only drain roughly one body's worth of air and food.
Just can't get the three headed giant in Monty Python and the Holy Grail out of my head. All it'd take would be one bad disagreement and there goes both experts.
hushicho at 4:35PM, Dec. 7, 2021
(offline)
I love this conversation. I've wanted to weigh in from the very start, but I felt like I should consider it more carefully to really contribute, after seeing all these interesting points and discussions.

I personally often find it really exciting to experiment with things that I know other people really like, but which I'm a bit ho-hum about or simply have never given much thought. I like to try and present it to myself, and everyone else, in a way that hopefully will convey why it's enjoyable to some people. I've thrown in so much stuff that doesn't do much of anything for me, but friends and readers and clients have mentioned they like it, or they've commissioned work with it, and so forth.

It's sort of a nice way to get out of one's comfort zones. I mean, obviously I don't choose things that I know actively turn me off or upset me, but often I find it genuinely interesting to try something and see if it is something I find enjoyable, or can at least get something out of.

There are also a lot of cases where challenging yourself to present any kink or fetish well can make you a better artist. I have a very dear friend who has a foot fetish, which I don't share, but it has made me more aware of characters' feet and how, for a while, I just wasn't showing them, so I was getting worse at drawing them because of neglect. I brushed up my technique, I ended up showing more of the characters in general, and I feel like it helped me a lot.

It's funny to me that armpits have become this big sexy thing in the gay community, but I kinda get it. I'm not sure I'd say I have even much of a kink for it, but I can see where it would be stimulating, since that's one of many areas that tends to be hidden; a lot of fetishes and kinks come from things being hidden or forbidden. But that's another thing that venturing into drawing, I feel, has improved my knowledge and command of anatomy.

But even drawing any common erogenous zones can do that. People always find genitalia challenging. Asses too – so few people know, for example, where the anus is actually located. More people than I'd like to mention think the anus is right there towards the top of the buttock cleft, which it…is not. At all. That would make pooping a horrific disaster, every time!

Even just chests, people often find difficult. Whether plain pectorals, barely-defined musculature, bulging muscles, outright breasts, coconuts (I love this song and had to share it), or whatever, the practice of trying to portray a part or act that some consider powerfully beloved can really improve one's art and expression, I think.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
Ozoneocean at 8:55PM, Dec. 8, 2021
(online)
Hahaha, High anus XD
That is the least sexy part of the bottom I think haha
bravo1102 at 9:42AM, Dec. 9, 2021
(offline)
Let one of these artists get a colonoscopy, hemorrhoids or some serious diarrhea and they'll never again forget precisely where the anus is. Lol.
OrcGirl at 2:07PM, Dec. 12, 2021
(offline)
I LOVE this topic and I've really appreciated everyone's answers so far. I enjoyed listening to and reading about FallopianCrusader's interview a few weeks back, as well.

I've always felt that fetish and comics have such a close and interesting relationship. In the past I have half-jokingly said that the only reason my comic, Orc Girl, exists is because I was horny, lol. Because there are a number of kinks and fetishes that I personally enjoy and that I have incorporated into my comic: Power exchange, Master/slave relationships, bondage to name a few.

I've always had a thing for monsters and beast-like characters, namely orcs (as you might have guessed.) I also wanted a hetero-romance story featuring a male love interest that was more thick, burly, hairy and masculine-looking, but so many romances (comics, manga or otherwise) feature more “pretty” men with lithe, almost effeminate features. Of course there's nothing wrong with this, it's just not the aesthetic I was going for.

I knew I wanted a story that incorporated all of these things, so about five years ago I sat down to start making it myself. Thus, Orc Girl was born.
last edited on Dec. 12, 2021 10:25PM
ArrenMcStealsalot at 6:18AM, Dec. 13, 2021
(offline)
You didn't really have to write that, Orc Girl, your comic just screams “I want my big beautifil beast”. Which is nothing wrong, do whatever you want to. Actually, I like how the man looks like in your comic. I agree that there are too many pretty boys. Maybe someday I'll draw some erotica with that kind of big orc-like man myself. Father of a girl from comic I draw is like that and well… mommies also have needs. Maybe someday… If only I had unlimited time.

Now excuse me, time to start new erotic comic with masturbation, spanking and maybe some bondage. I'm not sure myself. I'm just going to move in random direction while exploring topic of sexuality.
MB Productions at 12:21PM, Dec. 24, 2021
(offline)
I don't think I really have any as such, but what I do have I would call ‘affectations’ - as in details and things I often like to invest characters with, such as leather gloves, sunglasses, black clothing of any sort, little details like choker necklaces, tattoos etc. But they often find themselves edited out of final versions as too much clutter, even if they're often put in at the start, just to see how they look. In terms of anatomy I always go for the muscular or toned look, unless it's just not appropriate - because it's easier to draw, I find.

Maybe body hair is a bit of a thing for me, come to think of it, only because I can remember a time when it was universally seen and wasn't a problem for viewers.

None of these are fetishes in the psychoanalytical or sexual sense since I don't need them to find a character or scene interesting, and none of them drive my desire to draw or create stories - those derive from characters and personalities, which are wide and varied, and of course conflict. If I ever was to try to draw a purely sexual/fetish strip I think it would be so arbitrarily personal that it would be somewhere between funny, bizarre and repellent…but then maybe those are common reactions to outsiders' views of such stuff anyway :-?
Dave Mire at 10:19AM, Dec. 27, 2021
(online)
My fetish is painfully obvious in my Pep Squad cartoons.
I love girls in miniskirts. Legs and thighs have been my thing ever since I was able to draw them. Sure my girls dress tacky to over-accentuate this but it's wut eye lyke. (emoji with tongue sticking out)
OrcGirl at 10:22AM, Dec. 31, 2021
(offline)
Wildcat Arren wrote:
You didn't really have to write that, Orc Girl, your comic just screams “I want my big beautifil beast”. Which is nothing wrong, do whatever you want to. Actually, I like how the man looks like in your comic. I agree that there are too many pretty boys. Maybe someday I'll draw some erotica with that kind of big orc-like man myself. Father of a girl from comic I draw is like that and well… mommies also have needs. Maybe someday… If only I had unlimited time.

Now excuse me, time to start new erotic comic with masturbation, spanking and maybe some bondage. I'm not sure myself. I'm just going to move in random direction while exploring topic of sexuality.

LOL! I guess it's pretty obvious. Thanks, I'm glad you like the way I draw my characters. I'm looking forward to reading your works, as well.
Othosmops at 4:34PM, Jan. 10, 2022
(offline)

Wow, wow!I am feeling so damn ordinary in this place! I'm just turned on by androids that are sexed up beyond code, that is, they are so out of control that this can no longer be explained by an existing script alone.
hushicho at 4:51PM, Jan. 10, 2022
(offline)
I want to say, and I mean it: I hope this community never changes where it counts. Keep on being you, everyone, because there are few communities where this conversation could even be had, much less go so well. It does my heart good to see this kind of thing!
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
ArrenMcStealsalot at 12:56AM, Feb. 24, 2022
(offline)
hushicho wrote:
I want to say, and I mean it: I hope this community never changes where it counts. Keep on being you, everyone, because there are few communities where this conversation could even be had, much less go so well. It does my heart good to see this kind of thing!

Part of me finds it hard to believe that this place is somehow special. But on the other hand, there's a reason why I don't use mainstream social media anymore. Drama that can start after you simply ask a question or talk about your comic that touches subject of sexuality makes you want to just quit interacting with people at all.
rickrudge at 2:53PM, Feb. 26, 2022
(offline)
I was always a leg man, and I love women in seamed, dark thigh-high stockings. Yes, I love drawing ladies with those things on and I do it every chance that I get. 😜👍
Jesse_Koehler at 8:41AM, Jan. 29, 2023
(offline)
Ironscarf wrote:
If there's anything sexier than a well turned bobble hat I'd like to know about it.

None of your real fur bobbles mind you.

Nah, The hat of Santa Claus is even more erotic.I mean It is way longer. + You can Play with your Cats with that hat, which makes it even better.
TheJagged at 1:16AM, Jan. 30, 2023
(offline)
I thought i posted in this thread already, but seems i was too much of a coward to click submit. :S

As someone who's been active in the internet fetish scene since 2008… i dealt with too many kinks to count. And most of them very weird, very niche and more than a little embarassing. And it's double ironic as i consider myself practically asexual. But hey it's all fanatsy, so it's fine, right? >_____>

I guess there's some fairly vanilla stuff i feel comfortable sharing…

- Anthros
I'm not a furry but i am enough of a furry to insist on the term “anthro” over “furry”. Mostly cause i'm not so much into mammals, i'm all about cold-blooded creatures. Reptiles, fish, and such. My latest comic features a crocodilan faced hunk and the female sidekick is constantly harassing him… nuff said.

- Manlyness
mmmmmholdmetightwiththosethickstronghairyarms

- Yaoi
Guys are hot. 2 guys are twice as hot. Duh.

- Mpreg
Pure wish fullfilment. Pregnancy is gross and awful and i want no part in it. But if a guy has to deal with it… that's weirdly alluring and quite adorable in a messed up sorta way. Also i'm a sadist so there's that. Speaking of…

- Sadism
Yup. Humiliation is hot. Don't really know what else to add here… blushing faces are sexy? Shrug.

- Hermaphrodites
As in, the actual biological term of having both male & female reproductive organs, like slugs and certain sea creatures. Also usually more on the masculine side, i really don't care for futas. I find the concept of hermaphroditism in itself very fascinating, the reproductive & social aspect rather than the raw sexuality of it.

edit: Oh yeah, and femdom. Which is just an extension of the sadism thing i suppose. And I don't mean the male sub targeted femdom of ridiculously dressed melon-boobed dominatrixes. I mean femdom actually targeted at female doms. Small girls stomping on big guys, put a leash and muzzle on him, pinch his butt and make him blush in public. And he loves every minute of it. That's what i like.
last edited on Jan. 30, 2023 1:36AM
DylanTale Comics at 6:43PM, Feb. 1, 2023
(offline)
None of my comics have any of my fetishes, since there's no NSFW content. My fetishes are any tight clothing (leggings, tight jeans/jean shorts, bike shorts, etc.), bottomless (Ozone, you're awesome!), petite body features (thighs, breasts, butt), anal, squirting, tongue kissing, and (receiving) blowjobs.
Looking for a good story involving time travel AND multiverse travel? Check out my Faceless Comics series, which starts here!
Ozoneocean at 1:44AM, Feb. 2, 2023
(online)
Kinky!

One thing that I love seeing in imagery is partial exposure of the naughtybits- so under-boob and side-boob, and most especially a woman's pubes only partially covered by bikini bottoms or undies.

That is way better than nudity XD
lothar at 5:23AM, Feb. 2, 2023
(offline)
Yeah! Female Pubes sticking out of the underwear is great!
I guess the male version of that would be wearing a tube sock on your dong, like that red hot chili peppers album cover.

Outdoor sex is also a thing worthwhile, parks, cemeteries, forests, day or night. I realized that I almost always draw it outside
bravo1102 at 6:12AM, Feb. 2, 2023
(offline)
One thing that I love seeing in imagery is partial exposure of the naughtybits- so under-boob and side-boob, and most especially a woman's pubes only partially covered by bikini bottoms or undies.

Jayne Mansfield was famous for that.

So many other great cleavage barely covered pictures from classic Hollywood.

Camel toe. Anybody remember examining the picture on a pack of camel cigarettes to see the not so hidden dirty images?
last edited on Feb. 2, 2023 6:13AM
davidxolukoga at 11:21PM, Feb. 2, 2023
(offline)
Ok. Here goes nothing, I dig anti-hero chicks. Like black widow, or if punisher was a chick. “Wet works” ;) I think I've featured this in my comic, but I don't want to spoil anything.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon