Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Comment on the Art Belonging to the Person Above You!!
elektro at 5:43PM, July 18, 2009
(offline)
I like the sketchiness of the second one more than the first one, though the first one has a better use of black.

——-

Because I'm so generous, I'm offering up two lambs to the slaughter:

(Note: this one was done by me and two of my friends, so it may technically be cheating)

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
Hunchdebunch at 3:21AM, July 28, 2009
(online)
I really like the second one, I think the use of colour is interesting :)

Well here's a picture I did recently:

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
AshleeS at 2:06AM, Aug. 5, 2009
(online)
^ I love the softness of the picture, but it may be too soft at places that require hard lines, like around the face and on the cloth of the bandana… Jack's face seems a bit stretched (I believe it's a little turned toward the right), but you captured a sense of tranquility. One I've never seen in Sparrow. =D

Whelp, here's mine. GUESS THE FANART. It's from my favoritest movie ever.

There was a banner here, it's gone now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Freegurt at 2:19PM, Aug. 6, 2009
(online)
Very nice! I don't know the movie, but I do like the lineart and the background a lot. It's simple, but you can still tell what it is. I also really like the colouring, especially on his skin.

~~~

A brand spanking new character I made up about last week, I believe. I haven't quite figured out which colours I should use on him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
qqq at 7:43PM, Aug. 10, 2009
(offline)
Freegurt
Very nice! I don't know the movie, but I do like the lineart and the background a lot. It's simple, but you can still tell what it is. I also really like the colouring, especially on his skin.

~~~

A brand spanking new character I made up about last week, I believe. I haven't quite figured out which colours I should use on him.

Leg joints and the position of one of the feet looks unnatural. Also, I believe the one arm is to point backwards, but it lacks the perspective for that. Other than that, the eyes are too high I think, and one hand has two thumbs I think, the pinky is attached as an opposable digit. Also, in one of the shoes a human foot couldn't fit.

Folds of the clothing though are done excellent and really show the difference in texture between plastic / leather and jeans in how they fold. except that one knee perhaps. Facial expression hits it on every point.

Since all you people are posting humans or at least antropomorph things, I'm going to be daring and original:

http://nihilarchitect.net/v7/sp:popup/image/the_reckoning

It's in a link because the image is too wide.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Hunchdebunch at 1:17PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(online)
Wow. That is really, really cool! I love the detail and the effects!

Here's a picture I just coloured. Also, I shaded it! I don't usually shade, but I'm probably going to start shading my comics, so I'm trying out different stuff, and at the moment I like this way best.

qqq at 1:32PM, Aug. 13, 2009
(offline)
Hunchdebunch
Wow. That is really, really cool! I love the detail and the effects!

Here's a picture I just coloured. Also, I shaded it! I don't usually shade, but I'm probably going to start shading my comics, so I'm trying out different stuff, and at the moment I like this way best.

Very good dog anatomy there. I'm not quite sure what she's leaning on but I guess that's not that relevant

About the shading, I could recommend a steeper slope in intensity if you get what I mean, at the edges make the colouring a little darker. Especially the part under the jaws and the elbows, it can create a good sense of depth. Also, the part with the paws.

Let me try some thing more human this time:

Why yes, it's inspired by Kerrigan, Queen of Blades.

Hunchdebunch at 4:30AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
The anatomy is great! Also I love the sort of ‘creepiness’ of it. I like the design too, it's very interesting and I haven't really seen anything much like it before :)

Here's a picture of Blue, a werewolf character I made up. I also tried a different shading technique:

Tanman2 at 4:49AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
2 is cool
Omelets make me gassy…. if you know what I mean! :) OK I don't know either…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
elektro at 10:03PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
Since there is no art in the post above mine, I'll comment on the one before it:

Not a bad looking werewolf. I cannot draw animals to save my life.

——-

Here are two more of mine. More or less, I have been practicing with my drawing tablet…a lot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
fern at 11:03PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Huey Freeman in a desert is classic ‘cause that’s the look he'll give.

I'm thinking of starting a new comic with this lining/colouring style… I like it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
qqq at 11:06AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(offline)
fern
Huey Freeman in a desert is classic ‘cause that’s the look he'll give.

I'm thinking of starting a new comic with this lining/colouring style… I like it.
I can't say I do that much to be honest. I have an aversion for any drawing style that bends the noses to the left or the right even when the face is shown right up front. The way the mouth is drawn do makes up for it more than in most of it.

Also, I tend to find most ‘naturally drawn’ comics like Questionable Content and indeed this one's faces to have a certain unhuman or plastic emotion that leaves me unable to enjoy the humour because it makes me read all texts as if it were robots. The same with the posts in most. About only Japanese comics, a variety of Franco-Belgian one's and of course Watterson's very lively and human emotions in his work seem to escape this. That's why I use sticks in comedic material only.

Also, I'm not really sure of what to think of the hair. I've seen a variety of cartoons that used this style on the television, together with ‘wobbly lines’ and I never got their appeal if am quite frank. I don't think I can give any construction, I can recognise to the best of my knowledge that it's of the same level as those cartoons, but I never got their appeal.

Another human form:

(the thing I can't get clear on it is that the legs actually start under the shirt and the shirt simply hangs over it, I know no way to make it clear from really short legs, but then I realized that probably on a picture it wouldn't be clear either so I realized it's not possible and gave up…)

Crimsonskystudio at 2:45PM, Aug. 17, 2009
(offline)
qqq, The angel design is very good, and the pose is subtle. It has a very
opposite look to the style with the bright white lighting

————————————

This is the full image for my comic title banner

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
qqq at 5:56PM, Aug. 17, 2009
(offline)
Crimsonskystudio
qqq, The angel design is very good, and the pose is subtle. It has a very
opposite look to the style with the bright white lighting

————————————

This is the full image for my comic title banner

The wind's done very realistically which is a trouble for most people. I have only one item on this of discontent, but that's a rather large one and that's that their facial expressions don't match it at all, especailly the right one which looks as if she's pretty twisted and lost sanity.

Kind of a shame, because it ruins an an otherwise perfectly caught atmosphaere of three heroes / trekkers standing together in an empathic environment.

Design of a logo for a band I did this time:

BffSatan at 11:40PM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
Pretty awesome logo. The pattern looks cool and it pretty much is what a band logo should be like, although maybe a little too complex, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
It certainly looks like something I'd see on an album cover.

My thing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
Freegurt at 4:45PM, Aug. 24, 2009
(online)
qqq
Leg joints and the position of one of the feet looks unnatural. Also, I believe the one arm is to point backwards, but it lacks the perspective for that. Other than that, the eyes are too high I think, and one hand has two thumbs I think, the pinky is attached as an opposable digit. Also, in one of the shoes a human foot couldn't fit.

Folds of the clothing though are done excellent and really show the difference in texture between plastic / leather and jeans in how they fold. except that one knee perhaps. Facial expression hits it on every point.

Since all you people are posting humans or at least antropomorph things, I'm going to be daring and original:

http://nihilarchitect.net/v7/sp:popup/image/the_reckoning

It's in a link because the image is too wide.

Thank you dearly for that~! I knew there was something off about the picture, but I couldn't quite pin point it. It's not often that I get critique/criticism (even when I'm on my knees, begging for it) and I appreciate what you have given me. :> I shall go off, now to Photoshop and fix it.

As for your picture, BffSatan, I love the different brushes you used for that picture. Gives it nice texture. Also, it gave me a good laugh. :)

A'ight, here's my next picture. I drew it because I got tired of all those ‘bishie’ naga man/women things that seem to be so popular on the internet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
qqq at 6:58PM, Aug. 24, 2009
(offline)
On the belly, the white part is in such a way as it would if iy were standing en face to you, which it isn't. Needs to move a little to the left, also, how it touches the ground is a little bit unnatural. Otherwise quite perfect.

Oh, edit, forgot to post some thing of my own:

http://nihilarchitect.net/v7/sp:popup/image/shrine_core

as link again, because of too wide.

Aurora Borealis at 11:05AM, Aug. 29, 2009
(online)
Very wide indeed.

It's abstract so I can't say much about it other than I wouldn't mind it being a little bit brighter (can't see much unless I rack up the brightness to the max), but it's a very nice piece. :D

- - - - - -

Just finished this (well, perhaps half hour ago)

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
qqq at 1:39AM, Aug. 30, 2009
(offline)
Ah, that one I like a lot, no points of criticism on it whatsoever.

http://nihilarchitect.net/Junk/13%20For%20love%20and%20war%20the%20laws%20shall%20mute%20(2).mp3

Piece of music this time, game soundtrack.

ParkerFarker at 9:39PM, Aug. 31, 2009
(online)
Although music is a form of art, I think this thread is just for drawings.

But It was a cool tune, I could only really see it as background music for a game or a TV show, and that's what you made it for. It was a cool tune, but what type of game you're making this for would help to know whether or not in fits.

———-

This may be considered NSFW but it only shows her bum.
It is also one of my first times retouching an image (I made the shadow's darker)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Out_There/gfx/girl%20retouch.jpg

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
da_kasha at 8:04AM, Sept. 4, 2009
(offline)
Um, who's work am I supposed to comment on? 0.0

Well here's my pic: I just doodled it but I'm fairly happy with it. Apart from that hand.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
qqq at 3:05PM, Sept. 4, 2009
(offline)
da_kasha
Um, who's work am I supposed to comment on? 0.0
The link in the pic on top of you. it's bold: http://www.drunkduck.com/Out_There/gfx/girl%20retouch.jpg

ParkerFarker
Although music is a form of art, I think this thread is just for drawings.
They just made it like that by posting only drawings, besides, I don't see what bad it can do. Originality I'd hold as a good thing.

ParkerFarker
But It was a cool tune, I could only really see it as background music for a game or a TV show, and that's what you made it for. It was a cool tune, but what type of game you're making this for would help to know whether or not in fits.
It's to be under a part of a ‘chase’ scence if you get what I mean.
elektro at 3:50PM, Sept. 4, 2009
(offline)
ParkerFarker
This may be considered NSFW but it only shows her bum.
It is also one of my first times retouching an image (I made the shadow's darker)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Out_There/gfx/girl%20retouch.jpg

The shadows seemed a little too dark but it's not a bad life drawing image otherwise.

da_kasha
Well here's my pic: I just doodled it but I'm fairly happy with it. Apart from that hand.

Is the hand supposed to be the right or left hand? I can't really tell.

———-

Since I always post multiple works, I figured I'd do it again:

Ad I designed for the Negligence T-shirt shop.

This image I made for Target Audience Magazine

Finally, this is a two page spread for a story I made for subcultured's anthology comic. There's no text in this version. Personally, I'm not happy with the way I made the shadows for these pages, but I got better with the other ones.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
da_kasha at 4:35PM, Sept. 5, 2009
(offline)
@ ParkerFarker - The anatomy of the feet seems a bit off and I don’t like the way you can see the shading blotches (if you know what I mean). It seems to me you’re not taking full advantage of your “re-touching” as you could have made the image crisper and the hair all black rather than dark grey as that would make it more striking.

@ elektro - I've axed that hand now >_> it was ugly and not worth saving.
Hunchdebunch at 2:28AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(online)
@ Elektro: I like the tshirt advert, I love the boy's expressio lol. I'm not too keen on the shading in the last picture though, I think maybe it would have looked better with just flat colour or maybe cell shading. But other than that I do like the picture :)

Here's some character art for my next comic, it's in a slightly different style, and I haven't used shading in a comic before lol also it's just a reference thing I'll be using, which is why only one of the pictures is coloured. If you want, ignore the uncoloured one lol

elektro at 10:27AM, Sept. 6, 2009
(offline)
Hunchdebunch: I like the shading for yours. I'm not that good at shading yet, but I am learning. Here is another page from the same six-page comic:

da_kasha at 4:13PM, Sept. 6, 2009
(offline)
The walls are a bit bland and you should put something like a picture to make things more interesting to look at. Also the perspective makes it look like they're standing in a giant hall or something. Are you using black in those gradients? Because for normal shading you usually shouldn't do that.

Here's a picture I drew with copics. It took quite a long time and I think it's probably the best thing I've drawn so far so I'd really like feedback.

Hunchdebunch at 9:16AM, Sept. 8, 2009
(online)
That is really really good! I love the colours and the shading! :)

Here's a picture I did just now of Ianto from Torchwood, I know there are some mistakes:

elektro at 8:33PM, Sept. 13, 2009
(offline)
Since you know there are some mistakes, I won't point them out. Although the big eyes look weird, somehow they fit.

——-

Roy Duncan of Villain Next Door recently made a pin-up for my Negligence comic. Since he was so nice to make that, I made something to promote his comic. Enjoy.

tawawawa at 10:37AM, Sept. 19, 2009
(offline)
elektro
Since you know there are some mistakes, I won't point them out. Although the big eyes look weird, somehow they fit.

——-

Roy Duncan of Villain Next Door recently made a pin-up for my Negligence comic. Since he was so nice to make that, I made something to promote his comic. Enjoy.

It's very in your face but I think the word bubble tail might be too in his face. It doesn't have to be so close to his mouth that he might eat it, just point towards it. I'd say make it half as long as it'll look great!

I'd like to see a bit of line thickness variety in his face so it gives a clearer idea. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

—-

Here's two drawings I've done recently. The first drawing is a colored sketch of a satyr who is the guardian for a young girl. I'm still trying to work out how to get some nice bold looking colors in Sai.

The second drawing is a work in progress of a character sheet for a friend. The colors are just blotted in for later ref and to make it easier to see the lines. I color within the lines, really!

I have no comic! I feel so… naked!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon