Comic Talk and General Discussion *

gross foods
Ironscarf at 2:36PM, April 11, 2010
(offline)
I can eat almost anything unless it tastes of spearmint: cleaning products are supposed to taste like that, not food.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
The Gravekeeper at 12:04PM, April 13, 2010
(offline)
Pasta salad. While there's still fair bit on the list for me, I'm making an effort to expand my horizons and I'm starting to like stuff I used to hate. Pasta salad, though…I've tried it many times and I still hate it just as much as I did when I was a kid. Oh, and cauliflower. Again, tried it repeatedly to try and acquire a taste for, but no such luck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
Lonnehart at 3:28PM, April 13, 2010
(online)
The Gravekeeper
Pasta salad. While there's still fair bit on the list for me, I'm making an effort to expand my horizons and I'm starting to like stuff I used to hate. Pasta salad, though…I've tried it many times and I still hate it just as much as I did when I was a kid. Oh, and cauliflower. Again, tried it repeatedly to try and acquire a taste for, but no such luck.

Maybe it's the way the stuff's prepared? I tend to drown my in parmesan cheese….
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Katzenklavier at 4:19PM, April 13, 2010
(online)
Black liqourice, pineapple, tomatoes, peas, stinky pastas, and any food that is just inherently gross. Although I have to admit that tomatoes and peas have grown on me over the years - perhaps my palette become more refined with age, or perhaps I'm just not as picky about food anymore.
<– Obligatory comic banner.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
ImaginaryGirl at 2:32PM, April 14, 2010
(offline)
Cilantro. XP I can't stand the stuff. Apparently there's a whole section of the population for whom it tastes utterly vile. It might be an enzyme thing. Anyhow, it tastes nasty to me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
Zad at 9:46PM, April 15, 2010
(online)
Tomatoes, by themselves, taste like watery yuck. Just, yuck.
And then, black licorice. There is no word for how bad-tasting that is. Just, EWWWWWWWWW.

Also, and I love the fact that I hate it; coffee. It tastes like crap, the aftertaste tastes like crap. The only good part is, sometimes, the smell.

I digress.
Also, I hate alcohol. Far more than coffee. My parents allowed us kids one sip of beer. My sister loved it enough to sneak wine coolers for a bit, my bother thought it was okay, but I had to spit that crap out. UGH. I haven't had it in years and the memory makes my mouth crawl. EW. EW. EWWWW.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Noismen at 11:28PM, April 16, 2010
(offline)
Um… Hamburgers, meat pizza, avocados, watermelon/apple flavoured anything, anything with Mayonnaise, ketchup, chocolate, ale, tomato soup, cake (Except cheesecake.), pie, cooked carrots, oranges, fried chicken, most spicy foods, green grapes, apples, coffee, sake, and Doridos. I haven't experienced very worldly foods yet…

But awww! I love tomatoes, that's been my staple food (With salt.) since Elementary School when I don't feel like eating. D': -sad panda face-
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
Plague Doctor at 1:06PM, Aug. 14, 2010
(offline)
Here is mine:

1.Fried cow udders-when skin is removed it is basicly a giant ball of yellow fat,and you have to squeeze and soak it in cold water to remove milk from it >.<
2.Soup with cow's blood
3.Beef jello,with fat,bones and everything
4.Stew containing boar's minced fangs,hooves,bones,marrowbone and fat
5.Lard on bread
6.Spam
7.Semolina
8.Beetroot
9.Plain pasta sprinkled with sugar-they served that crap in kindergarten and I was the only one who wouldn't eat it.No wonder everyone had black teeth exept me xD
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Randal at 3:36PM, Aug. 14, 2010
(offline)
Top ten things I either think taste bad or refuse to eat or drink for other reasons.

10) cold/chilled/room-temperature coffee. It's got to be hot and mildly sweet
9) pesto (no food needs to be pine flavored, blech.)
8) kung pao, or any peanut flavored food that isn't peanut butter or peanuts
7) wine as a beverage. as a marinade, it's okay
6) Any kind of roe. I can't get past the “this is slimy fish eggs” feeling.
5) certain soy based products, such as tofu and non-dairy “milk”
4) raw meat, including sushi and anything ‘tar tar’.
3) escargot or related animals (including worms, even though they're not slugs)
2) I will not eat anything with an exoskeleton… bugs have exoskeletons
1) undisguised organ meat. (I try not to think about what is in Bratwurst… and please don't tell me.)

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
whitewolfdem at 11:17PM, Aug. 17, 2010
(offline)
PIT_FACE
I'm a Crouch, man. we'll fuckin eat anything. i really can't think of any food that i will refuse to eat, except maby grapefruit because to me it taste exactly like hurl.
i've always wanted to try really out there stuff though, like that zimmerman guy does. like eating fried spiders and monkey eyeballs n stuff.

my favorite foods are pretty much anything that crawls along the ocean floor, specially squid and octopus. made this wicked dish a few months ago with octopus, cant remember exactly what it was, but i think it had some cooking wine, garlic…lots of fuckin garlic, olives, cheese, mushrooms, onions, grape tomatoes, a few other things i cant remember and sauted it all together. man i reek for a while after i eat it, but man it's fuckin good!
what about beef tongue and chicken gizzards and hearts those are tasty to me but gross to everyone outsde of the southern U.S.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:49PM
Skullbie at 4:34PM, Aug. 18, 2010
(online)
Store brand cottage cheese. Like gathering up a loogie full of saliva and snot in your throat then swallowing it.

I also hate pineapples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
meemjar at 4:41PM, Aug. 20, 2010
(offline)
I'm open-minded.
I'll try anything once.
While some things don't appeal to me and very few things nauseate me most foods I've eaten I'm willing to eat again and again.
Some things I enjoy in one form but not in another.

I'm not keen on Ham (too slimey) or Pork chops, I enjoy baby pork ribs and bacon.
Whats a breakfast of pancakes and eggs without bacon?

Liver fried with onions repels me…but boiled in a haggis? YUM!

Boiled turnips? YUK! But I'll eat one raw like I'm crunching on an apple.

I hated spinach until my grandmother showed that soaking it in vinegar improved the flavour. Now I'll eat my spinach provided its with vinegar.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
ImaginaryGirl at 10:50PM, Aug. 21, 2010
(offline)
Cilantro. XP Apparently there is a certain portion of the population for whom cilantro just tastes foul. I think it might be an enzyme thing…like back in school when they had kids taste an innert chemical and some kids could taste it, and some couldn't?

Anyway, even the smell of it is vile.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
lefarce at 10:51PM, Aug. 21, 2010
(online)
ImaginaryGirl
Cilantro. XP Apparently there is a certain portion of the population for whom cilantro just tastes foul. I think it might be an enzyme thing…like back in school when they had kids taste an innert chemical and some kids could taste it, and some couldn't?

Anyway, even the smell of it is vile.

Cilantro is awesome, who are these people. Show them to me so I can destroy them.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
meemjar at 11:01PM, Aug. 21, 2010
(offline)
Blue Cheese.

Can't get enough of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
Randal at 10:24AM, Aug. 22, 2010
(offline)
lefarce
Cilantro is awesome
Cilantro is a required ingredient for the best tacos in the world. Somebody finally clued Taco Bell in on this, as their new round of tacos reflects this. Though being Taco Bell, they still got it wrong. (The meat's not as good and the portions are too small for the ammount they charge.)

Cilantro has a bit of a citrus taste to it, do you hate limes, ImaginaryGirl?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Niccea at 10:27AM, Aug. 22, 2010
(offline)
Tuna that has been processed and comes in a can. It smells bad. I'm not even going to bother tasting something that smells like garbage.

Though sushi tuna is alright.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
ayesinback at 9:21AM, Aug. 29, 2010
(online)

Liver. I mean: just look at. You can't disguise that. Throw fields of onion, pounds of bacon on it, it won't work. Grind it up, mix it in. Go ahead, all you're doing is contaminating everything else.

And what it is. what it is

Not that looks are everything. Don't know who glanced at an artichoke and thought “yummy”, but I'm grateful to the historical figure.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ozoneocean at 10:15AM, Aug. 29, 2010
(online)
Niccea
Tuna that has been processed and comes in a can. It smells bad. I'm not even going to bother tasting something that smells like garbage.
My boss eats that in his office each day for lunch. It smells like catfood that a cat has pissed on.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
binaryfaye at 12:40PM, Aug. 30, 2010
(online)
I've tried some strange things.

Chocolate covered ants taste a lot like rasinettes.
Calimari is one of my favorite foods EVER.
And I ADORE artichoke!

But onions…
If I just smell them I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I also can't eat raw tomatoes or any form of peppers. Bleh!

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
Cheesecake for Every at 2:55PM, Sept. 4, 2010
(offline)
binaryfaye
I've tried some strange things.

Chocolate covered ants taste a lot like rasinettes.
Calimari is one of my favorite foods EVER.
And I ADORE artichoke!

But onions…
If I just smell them I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I also can't eat raw tomatoes or any form of peppers. Bleh!

I've never tried the ants,Calimari is amazing and so is greek caviar dip and lamb…mmmmmm lamb.
Octopus is alright but it's one of those foods that you have to stick in your mouth and taste and then spit out because it just feels so weird in your mouth.
i don't think i've tried artichoke.
i actually just got into eating onions,green onions are my favorite

I also can't stand tomatos by themselves or peppers,tuna makes me gag and the smell of any wine makes me want to throw up
(same with tobacco but that's not a food unless you count chewing tobacco) I'm not very fond of Avacodo either and orange juice makes my stomach hurt (I have an intolerence to it but it's so goddamn tasty)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Faliat at 7:33PM, Sept. 4, 2010
(offline)
Haggis, deep fried haggis,tinned haggis…

Only haggis thing I could probably eat is the vegetarian stuff they sell in Scottish branches of ASDA. Key word “Scottish”. As in something in or from Scotland. And my parents and sister will need to be dragged over the border to go back. They're not exactly scrawny!

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Kallisti at 3:32AM, Sept. 12, 2010
(offline)
Spahgetti, onions cut into rings and then cooked to death - they all look like worms to me. Can't eat them, can't even touch them without gagging.

Also, marshmallows and gummibears.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
zaymac at 1:42PM, Sept. 12, 2010
(online)
I pretty much hate anything White. (I'm a food racist) :)

Sour Cream
Cottage Cheese
Mayonnaise
Alfredo Sauce
Tapioca
New England Clam Chowder
Cauliflower

I do like milk however, yet I prefer chocolate.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon