Comic Talk and General Discussion *

LOVE the duck! ^__^
Ozoneocean at 8:31AM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Man, some of us have been a little down on the duck recently, for good reason.
BUT, I just can't help but think of the stuff I love about this place :)

It's a fantastic community with so many great people that've been here ages and ages, and NEW great ones joining all the time! Still. Even now!

On your comic, people come and leave friendly, matey, neighbourly comments, and it's so great to get them. I always look forward to posting a new comic page to see what people will say about it.

In the forums more often than not your post won't be ignored, you can just start posting away and people take you in (not always though…). There are different areas for a whole range of specific interests, where you can share your thoughts with others. And if you have a problem, usually someone always steps forward to lend a hand. Plus, because of the way things are run here, you don't have much meanness or spite in comic comment areas or the forums… There's always a little, but it's at such a low level that you don't notice it normally.

Heh, regardless of what bugs you, or what doesn't work as it should, this site and community has been going for a good few years now and it's still as vibrant and active a place as it ever was.

-Most of all I think that's not down to the site itself so much, but to the people who're attracted here and to the ones that stick around. It's an old and sickening cliche, but it's actually you guys that are Drunk Duck and make the place what it is.

I think we forget that sometimes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
Ozoneocean at 9:26AM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Whoops… I forgot other great attendant things like the Gigcast that's been with us for so long ^^ That thing is just amazing and so are MadScoctt, JT, and contributors like Spang and BK :)

Then there are the Chatroom guys. Randal, APC and the rest. They've always been a little grumpy, that's just been their thing, but they've also always been around DD and stayed together as a little outsources DD community.

I know the spriters get together and make all sorts of alliances and communities that shift and change, but all part of DD. And lots of other DD groups as well. The networking and community forum is full of that sort of thing. ^__^
jgib99 at 9:50AM, June 8, 2008
(online)
I agree. The Duck is still the best place to put your webcomics. The community is closer than any on the web. Even with the current problems, its still much easier to load your comic pages here than in many of the other webcomic host sites.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
marine at 10:12AM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
What about that marine guy? He always made the place fun.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Ozoneocean at 10:30AM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Heeeeey… I remember him.
Welcome back man! :)

-Don't listen to any of the rumours I spread about you.
I mean, it wasn't me that spread them.
I swear.
crazyninny at 12:30PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
I personally love the Duck becuase no matter what, it always has a real ‘community’ feeling to it. It dosen't take long to get to know people here, even if you don't talk to them.
Unlike other groups I belong to, I tend to not know anyone, and feel more like a number with them.
So it dosen't matter if DD has so problems, as long as I get the same great survice, and peanut butter cookies, I'll still love DD above all other sites. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Arashi_san at 12:46PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Forget about Drunk Duck! Let's all go to Gaia online!
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:00AM
Arashi_san at 12:48PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Arashi_san
Forget about Drunk Duck! Let's all go to Gaia online!
Shut up, faggot.

Since I don't work or go to school, DD has been kind of like a social gateway for me. Also, I'm slightly shy and socially inept, so this site has really helped me talk to other people.

Also, I've been able to speak to people from all over the world, which is something I wouldn't ordinarilly be able to do. And I can do it every day. :)

I still need to get my comic up, though. Then I think I'll appreciate DD even more.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
marine at 1:13PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Did something bad happen while I was away? I leave you guys alone for five months and you all start crying your eyes out.
Custard Trout at 1:18PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
People are whining about the new site design and bugs and shit.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
HippieVan at 1:51PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
I came after the new site design, and I love it here. The community just seems really nice and everything even if there are a few little bugs.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
skoolmunkee at 3:02PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Ozone looks pretty good in a cheerleader skirt!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
Skullbie at 3:07PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Arashi_san
Since I don't work or go to school, GAIA has been kind of like a social gateway for me. Also, I'm slightly shy and socially inept, so gaia online has really helped me talk to other people.

Also, I've been able to speak to people from all over the world, which is something I wouldn't ordinarilly be able to do. And I can do it every day. :)

I still need to get my avatar up, though. Then I think I'll appreciate Gaia even more.

lol!

Yeah i was on gaia my pre-teen years.
Y-aaaaaaaaah….DD is great :)

Oh and if Smackjeeves saw this thread they'd probly rage.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
TheMidge28 at 3:43PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
marine
Did something bad happen while I was away? I leave you guys alone for five months and you all start crying your eyes out.

Hey brutha!
welcome back!
glad to see you! :)
How was your business trip to Bangkok?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
subcultured at 4:34PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
this is more like the welcome back marine thread…
da duck is where people know your name because of yer comic
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
Ozoneocean at 4:39PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Yeah! DD Is like Cheers! :)
skoolmunkee
It shows off my sexy legs nicely ^_^
Custard Trout at 4:48PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
Yeah! DD Is like Cheers!

Ooh! Ooooh! Can I be Frasier?
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:00PM
Arashi_san at 5:02PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Custard Trout
ozoneocean
Yeah! DD Is like Cheers!

Ooh! Ooooh! Can I be Frasier?
I wanna be Niles!
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
Ozoneocean at 5:55PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Sure ^^

Volte is Sam. He sold the Bar… Remember?
I'd Can be Woody. ^_^

Kyupol is definitely Cliff.

Quickly, pick your roles!
JustNoPoint at 6:11PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Best community I have ever been involved with. That is easily the greatest part of DD.

Here I have been able to do what I was never really able to do alone. Actually make decent comics that improve over time. The commenters and people that give me feedback are so addicting!

Not to mention getting to know and work with so many other artists. I've pretty much been alone my whole life as far as drawing and comic making goes. This place gave me friends and mentors of all sorts of variety!

And the coolest thing DD ever did for me was when they allowed me to be a part of Wizard World Texas with them. That was like a dream and I can never be thankful enough.

Anytime I say something about the bugs or any “negative” DD situations it is only because I do not want it to die.

I frikin love this place. I could go on and on about how much I really enjoy DD. But now I am getting too distracted thinking about Ozone's smexy legs! <— No other site has sexy Ozone legs either!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 6:12PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Well let's see here…
I joined late last year, because I actually used to make a comic with my still main character *Ryu*, but it was a comic drawn on lined paper, inked with very fine sharpie, and colored in colored pencil…

But I didn't become pretty active until around February of this year. Despite how many changes I have made to the comic since then, I've finally kept it (4-29-08 baby!)

And since then, I have experienced nothing but PURE awesome.

The members are exceptionally nice.
The comics are great.

And funny thing is, I fit in more with you guys and gals here than my own friends in real life!

Probably because we're all comic drawing enthusiasts.

Am I right?

Sure my comic hasn't really taken off yet, but I still have high hopes, considering it just began, and the color is coming soon! Which hopefully will make the pages a TON better.

Anyway. The Duck will always remain one of my hosting sites.

No matter how famous I get.

Because I just love it.
*And I host on deviantArt, but nobody really goes there*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
TheMidge28 at 6:41PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
I'm Norm!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
usedbooks at 6:55PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Norm!

Um, I'd like to be someone cool, but I'm probably … Paul.

(Honestly, you guys are always so nice. I'm not used to that. I spent the first three or four months thinking everyone was being sarcastic or something.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
SpANG at 6:55PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Sure ^^

Volte is Sam. He sold the Bar… Remember?
I'd Can be Woody. ^_^

Kyupol is definitely Cliff.

Quickly, pick your roles!
I'm the wooden Indian.

… But who's this “marine” guy everyone is talking about? Doesn't ring a bell.

usedbooks
(Honestly, you guys are always so nice. I'm not used to that. I spent the first three or four months thinking everyone was being sarcastic or something.)
Noooo. We're NEVER sarcaaaaaastic…. :P
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Bocaj at 7:23PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
skoolmunkee
Who doesn't?

Also, I lurve DD. Best interwebz evah.

The people are great.
I love that it has a sense of mild humor about itself that is not like one of a 12 year old.
Design, REALLY isn't that bad.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:31AM
marine at 8:09PM, June 8, 2008
(offline)
Its had way worse designs in the past. I approve of this one. Gives front page exposure to new updates in a big way. Doesn't look like werewolf has been featured though. That makes me sad. Everyone should love werewolf!

One thing I don't like, and this is just me, seeing the top people are, as usual, people with money backing them or administrators brothers. That sort of thing always grinds my gears. Plus I may be wrong, but the top ten was more or less the same as it was in December. It'd be nice to see someone with a more amateurish comic filled with juvenile internet unfunny humor, but I would never be able to find such a comic.

What else is wrong with drunk duck? Seriously, downtime is nothing new. At least its still around so that we can post to complain about it. Remember when we had to do that over at buzzcomix? OR when it was partnered with buzzcomix? Those were the dark ages. Not this. Have faith and a little patients.

And

Why have you personally not read werewolf? Its 22 pages of simple humor. Only a few pages have word assaults, mostly its little narration bubbles or the phrase “ker growl.” You could go read Hero By Night or Pinky Ta, but Werewolf is simple, easy to get into, and has informative articles containing information relating to the page in a humerus way. Other comics authors whine about stuff in their news posts or talk about their bad days at Chinese restaurants. Over on werewolf, its nothing but a few paragraphs from an encyclopedia or very basic information.

You should read up, because by my calculations, it goes up for review on the comic review sub forum. That is if anyone cares that much. I even put up a new page today to respond to common criticism in the hopes that no one goes basic and says “no backgrounds” or “art looks simple” or “That speling has wierd sommetimes.”
Aussie_kid at 9:07PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Yeah, this is the website that got me into webcomics.

*We now enter third person perspective*
“Wait, drunkduck is the reason we've been infested with the Aussie kid's comics?” asked some random person.
Soon, there came cries of “Kill the Duck! Kill the Duck!” and Aussie looked around nervously as torches came out.
“Oh hell” he said to himself
*Return to first person perspective*

Okay, I need to go get some guns and kill whoever badmouthes DD. Anyone wanna come with? I got room in my tank.
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Red Slayer at 9:07PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
I love the duck
I always have
The even let me keep a piece of my liver.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
SpANG at 9:16PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
marine
… the usual moronic shit…

Asshole as always I see. ;)

Well, there are more of you now to play with each other. So you're pretty marginalized at this point. Yet another reason to love Drunk Duck!
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Red Slayer at 9:46PM, June 8, 2008
(online)
SpANG
marine
… the usual moronic shit…

Asshole as always I see. ;)

now to play with each other.
=D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM

Forgot Password