MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia II: The Expanded Edition
crocty at 6:13PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
well I think it is simple, who hasn't been posting? Once we figure that out we should be able to narrow it down.
How?
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
odysseus55 at 6:14PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Because Gullas in his bid for mayor said “I have a plan…”
The killer of OzoneOcean said that he had planned this.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 6:15PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
The killer of Ozone has been accounted for and lynched. Gullas can't have been Ozone's killer
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
skoolmunkee at 6:18PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
We don't need to figure out the clues that seem to come from vigilantes. At this point there's a random role, but we don't know whether that's a killing role or what, so it seems wiser to assume that it's not (we did already have a serial killer too). We don't want the vigilante's identities found out while the mafia still have the ability to kill.

So, the only clues we really should figure out are the Ripper clues.
After that there are still 2 mafia and one random role to figure out, but as far as we know, none of them leave clues.

Initial thoughts on the new Ripper clue-

There are some clues about ‘sticky’, and how the death ‘stuck’. In the first clue, the sword was also ‘stuck’ in the fridge.

There's movement too, walking/strolling in this one, and skipping in the first one.

The manner of speech of the Ripper seems a bit, um… polite? Old fashioned? In the first one he says ‘ne’er do wells' and this time he's apologising.

It seems like they're being thrown in the second one, but doesn't specifically say… so not sure if ‘throwing’ is a similarity or not.

Don't have time right now to read back through the thread though.

I'll requote the first clue below:

Meanwhile, in another house, another person was about to settle down to some popcorn or something, but as he was about to reach for the Jiffy-Pop…

WHOOOSH!!!

Right in the refrigerator, a Sword of Osiris had been thrown.

“Jeepers creepers! It's the Ripper! Why do bad things always happen to me?” screeched the man with the popcorn.

“Are you serious? Nothing but bad things are bound to arise here, in a town full of mafiosos and ne'er-do-wells such as myself!” chuckled the Ripper.

So the fight began, but before the Ripper could cast a final blow, the popcorn-man was able to grasp for the Sword of Osiris stuck in the fridge.

The defender yelled, “A ha! Now the sword is on the other fo–”

*BANG*

Just then, a sniper bullet from nowhere pierced the defender's right leg.

“Et tu, assassin?!?!” wailed the wounded popcorn-wielding man.

“Well, looks like my job is done!” said the Ripper as he merrily skipped out of the house.

It seemed as though it was the end for the popcorn-man, but just then, a paramedic showed up!

“Sorry I can't stay, but I'm going to miss my shows!” said the paramedic in a rush.

Hooray! No one has died in this house tonight.

Might as well quote the second one too:
Another townie, another sticky situation. This time, we find ourselves in a park. It seems that one townie has taken a nightly stroll.

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“What was that?” whimpered the townie.

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“There it was again! Who's doing this?”

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“Wait a second,” said the townie. “Was that a… Sword of Osiris?!?!”

“Sorry,” said the Ripper on top of a moonlit hill. “Pardon my inaccuracy, but I really need to get some sleep.”

*FWWWIIINNGG… SLASH*

“Well, looks like that one stuck,” chuckled the Ripper.

Slasher the detective has been killed.

Edit: Ody you're being anti-helpful by talking about clues already solved T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
odysseus55 at 6:19PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Gimme a ticket for an airplane,
aint got time for a fast train,
lonely days are gone,
I'm a coming home,
my father, he wrote me a letter.

I cannot hear you crocty I am singing.

Again??
crocty at 6:23PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Teehee, okay~

I just had a thought, that one about the wish, is it possible that was a message from the brains?
Because, it doesn't sound like a normal kill…I think it might be there to confuse us…:/
skoolmunkee at 6:29PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Teehee, okay~

I just had a thought, that one about the wish, is it possible that was a message from the brains?
Because, it doesn't sound like a normal kill…I think it might be there to confuse us…:/

It could be, but we don't need to look at that clue. The Swords of Osiris aren't mentioned, so it's not a mafia hit. It's either a vigilante or possibly the random.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
crocty at 6:30PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
crocty
Teehee, okay~

It could be, but we don't need to look at that clue. The Swords of Osiris aren't mentioned, so it's not a mafia hit. It's either a vigilante or possibly the random.
Well, there's still the mad bomber and the brains that could have done that, isn't there?
Dukat at 6:31PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
For the Ripper, who recently has mentioned needing sleep or wanting to get some sleep? That line seems a bit random not to be a clue.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
skoolmunkee at 6:35PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Well, there's still the mad bomber and the brains that could have done that, isn't there?

Hm. I had been working on the assumption that the Mad Bomber and the Brains don't get to do hits. however I just re-read the rules and it says “Every mafia member can attack once per night.” I'm not sure if that means each mafia member gets a hit, or whether it means that each mafia member has an action they can do at night. I've asked Humorman to clarify.

If each mafia member DOES get a hit, then we need to back up and start figuring out all the clues, and not passing up the ones I said looked like vigilantes.

Dukat
For the Ripper, who recently has mentioned needing sleep or wanting to get some sleep? That line seems a bit random not to be a clue.
Could be a reference to the people in this thread who have said the time zones are bad for them. Could also be a red herring. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
the2ndredbaron at 6:37PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Well I know I can't die and apparently the mafia suck at killing people cause they have mess up twice now, so I know I am not afraid at all. I think skool is mafia. You heard it hear first, mar-I mean skool is mafia.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Dukat at 6:37PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Well focusing on the Ripper is a solid idea, those clues can be linked together easily. We don't know if, or how often the other mafia members have attacked.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

irc.freenode.net #dd-mafia

Drunk Duck Mafia GM list
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
skoolmunkee at 6:39PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
Well I know I can't die and apparently the mafia suck at killing people cause they have mess up twice now, so I know I am not afraid at all. I think skool is mafia. You heard it hear first, mar-I mean skool is mafia.
Don't you have anything original to say. T_T I think if you're so invincible, you wouldn't be afraid to explain why. Meanwhile your jive talk is pretty ignore-able.

If clues start popping up about broken records, I know who they'll be talking about! lol!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
crocty at 6:40PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Dukat's probably right. We have the most clues about the ripper.

I'm probably gonna reread the thread now, from the last narrative.
the2ndredbaron at 6:54PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
I'm the random. And no one can kill me except in a very certain way, but I can kill people. Your next skool.
crocty at 6:56PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
o___oo
Niccea at 6:58PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
I'm the random. And no one can kill me except in a very certain way, but I can kill people. Your next skool.
I find it hard to believe you Red.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
martinlo_23 at 6:59PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
…To the clues maybe who made thw wish is a believer-in-luck person.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
the2ndredbaron at 6:59PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
yea cause I'm the bomber.
skoolmunkee at 6:59PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Well, I don't believe you. :] It's pretty clear you're up to something, but you've got all kinds of reasons to lie, partially or fully.

I don't have any reason to reveal my role, I'm not going around making big boasts. But nice try. lol! However I'd be happy to reveal my role if there was a good time and reason for it. I'm not a mafia and I'm not a random. I wouldn't even be too sad to be lynched, because it would just make my pre-death suspicions more credibile.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ochitsukanai at 7:06PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
humorman
Another townie, another sticky situation. This time, we find ourselves in a park. It seems that one townie has taken a nightly stroll.

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“What was that?” whimpered the townie.

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“There it was again! Who's doing this?”

*FWWWIIINNGG*

“Wait a second,” said the townie. “Was that a… Sword of Osiris?!?!”

“Sorry,” said the Ripper on top of a moonlit hill. “Pardon my inaccuracy, but I really need to get some sleep.”

*FWWWIIINNGG… SLASH*

“Well, looks like that one stuck,” chuckled the Ripper.

Slasher the detective
has been killed.

humorman
WHOOOSH!!!

Right in the refrigerator, a Sword of Osiris had been thrown.

“Jeepers creepers! It's the Ripper! Why do bad things always happen to me?” screeched the man with the popcorn.

“Are you serious? Nothing but bad things are bound to arise here, in a town full of mafiosos and ne'er-do-wells such as myself!” chuckled the Ripper.

So the fight began, but before the Ripper could cast a final blow, the popcorn-man was able to grasp for the Sword of Osiris stuck in the fridge.

The defender yelled, “A ha! Now the sword is on the other fo–”

“Well, looks like my job is done!” said the Ripper as he merrily skipped out of the house.

The commonalities between both clues:

It's often mentioned that something is “stuck” or “sticky.” The word recurs three times in two clues.

The Ripper throws a sword in both clues, but is inaccurate and misses on the first attempt both times. The second time, he misses thrice before hitting the target.

He appears to be happy in both cases; in the first clue he “merrily skips” away, while in the second clue he “chuckles.”

He may be someone who mentions multiple times being tired or going to bed.

From the middle of page 20:

crocty
Currently Day 2. Ends 5pm PST (8pm EST)
1am GMT.
I'm so tired, but, I have to stay up. D;

slasher
Crocty, what's to say YOU'RE not a townie? Hmm? Granted, Ody's position on hakoshen isn't extremely well founded…still you shouldn't go accusing things you can't be certain of. Now, go sleep. It's far past your bedtime.

Only Hakoshen and Crocty say “sleep,” and Hakoshen is dead. Regarding stickiness, I haven't come up with anything just yet.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
the2ndredbaron at 7:15PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Well If the sleep statement is a clue, then skool has mention that he has stayed up late and the such.
Ochitsukanai at 7:20PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
Regarding the apparent happiness of the Ripper:

crocty
skoolmunkee
I'm not. :] Although you're acting awfully disingenuous in this thread crocty…
In what way?
skoolmunkee
I'm afraid I don't have much for the failed killing (for the Ripper)… the best bet is probably the ‘bad things always happen to me’ and ‘what did you expect, the town is full of bad people’ stuff. I can't think of anyone who was complaining about that much in the thread so far, and nothing jumped out at me when I was re-reading. Any ideas?
I think there's also the skipping part that is important, it doesn't seem like a normal thing to do, other than that, I can see nothing that is definitely a clue, so, the bad guy attitude and happy skipping thingy are probably what we need to be focusing on.
The two clues are almost opposites though, so it could be someone who had somehow completely changed in the thread, because, those two attitudes don't go together.
Although it might not be related to attitudes at all.

crocty
skoolmunkee
I'm not. :] Although you're acting awfully disingenuous in this thread crocty…
In what way?

I'm just giving you a hard time. :] Maybe it's your new avatar but you don't seem like the abrasive, grumpy crocty I know and love.

REMEMBER, EVERYONE: In the next day cycle, if you want me to call a multiple lynch, I'll do it.

the2ndredbaron at 7:24PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
I'm up for it, lets do a double or a triple lynch.
crocty at 7:24PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
I dunno, I wasn't really acting that happy in the thread…I think. ._.

And the sleeping thing could essentially refer to any Brits…
Niccea at 7:27PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
crocty

But the clues don't come from personal information. Just from what is said. Our other known Brits haven't said anything about sleeping this round.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
crocty at 7:28PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
crocty

But the clues don't come from personal information. Just from what is said. Our known Brits haven't said anything about sleeping this round.
Good point, but I meant if they mentioned the Britness in the thread then it would count, right?
Ochitsukanai at 7:31PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
crocty

True, I considered that too. But you not only mention it specifically, the person who was killed this cycle was the one who told you to go to bed.

At any rate, do you have any alternative suggestions?

crocty at 7:36PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
crocty

True, I considered that too. But you not only mention it specifically, the person who was killed this cycle was the one who told you to go to bed.

At any rate, do you have any alternative suggestions?
For the sleep clue?
Not really, I haven't seen anyone else mention sleep.
:/
I don't really have anything else to say that I don't think will put more suspicion on myself, I'm just gonna try to figure out the meaning of the other clues and hopefully get evidence I'm not the ripper…
the2ndredbaron at 7:43PM, Feb. 20, 2009
(online)
skool's little dance craze could be the sounds effects, fwing and swing and things like that.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon