MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia II: The Expanded Edition
humorman at 5:58PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Okay, since Ochi cast her vote, it looks like I can start Night 3 tonight.

However, because of all the confusion, I may wait until tomorrow.

It depends on the players though; do you guys want Night 3 to start tonight since the mayor cast a vote, or would you like to wait until tomorrow?

I'll check back in an hour. If I don't get enough of a response, I'll wait until tomorrow.

If you want Night 3 to start sooner, this is how things will be scheduled:

-7pm PST: Deadline for mayor to place number of people to lynch (which is two right now).
-8pm PST: Deadline for you to cast a vote for lynching.
-9pm PST: Night 3 begins.
-5pm PST tomorrow: Day 4 begins.

(Just to let you know, 7pm PST occurs in one hour.)

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 6:02PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Well wasn't our main problem, Ochi being missing in action? I don't really care, but I think many people have already slunk off to bed now. Might not be nice for them to wake up and go “WHAT THE HELL?!?!” I'm all for going personally so I can keep the comic updating once a day. Gahh.

Yeah. Let us keep the wheel turning. Make the sunset…just make it night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Ochitsukanai at 6:16PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
I'd be all for stopping the day right now.

My reasoning is that it's difficult to keep track of the cycles as it is without prolonging this one.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 6:47PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Whoooah
So has lynching voting been increased?
I kinda…Was busy sleeping to vote.

…Heh. >_>
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Ochitsukanai at 6:49PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Well, if you vote real quick, you might be able to, Crocty.
EDIT: I believe that you still can at this point.

However, I've voted for you today. You sent me nothing to alter my decision, although I warned you about it beforehand. I'm really horribly sorry if you turn out to be innocent, but I must admit that I deeply hope you're guilty, because that would validate my suspicions about you at any rate.

crocty at 6:55PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Well there, I voted.
I dunno if it will be allowed, but eh.

I voted for sea_cow. While I think the reasoning for him been guilty is not true, it's the only way I won't get lynched…:/
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
humorman at 6:57PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
My arm has been twisted. Night 3 will come… tonight.

As of now, lynching has been locked to two people.

Voting will officially end in one hour (8pm PST).

Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
crocty at 7:03PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Two people?
D: Nuuuuuuu!
Niccea at 7:10PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Ok. Because of the circumstances, it might be a while before the next page of the comic is released. I'll get it up in the morning.
crocty at 7:48PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
I don't think I could pull an ody and threaten to kill anyone who votes for me right now, seeing as though that'd be impossible if I was lynched.

So I'm just gonna be helpful to you all, seeing as though you were all (Except the mean ol' mayor :() so kind to me, and tell you all that Hark's killing, Skullbie's killing, and that fiasco with Baron, actually had nothing to do with the mafia whatsoever. So, they are the vigilante kills - Or the random - and you can leave them alone completely. (Which means your reasoning for Sea_cow is wrong. He actually has done nothing wrong)

Because, I know if you solve the vigilante's crime, that'll work to the remaining mafia member's advantage, and we don't want that now, do we? So just leave those kills alone~
Ciao~
humorman at 8:18PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Time's up!

Both Sea_Cow and crocty will be set to lynched at 9pm PST. If the mayor wishes to pardon one of them, she has until that time to do so.

Ochitsukanai at 8:51PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
Sea_Cow could just as easily be the random role or a guilty person whom Crocty is trying to coerce me to pardon before time is up. I have to let him die. I tried to mail him and he didn't respond, so I can't be certain about him.

I'm so sorry if he's innocent, but there's nothing I can do for him now.

humorman at 9:17PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Day 3 Narrative

Another day, another lynching. This time, two are up to bat: Sea_Cow and Crocty.

“Well, well, well,” said Ochitsukanai to the lynchees. “I guess you're up first Sea_Cow. Any last words?”

No response.

“…Okay then.”

*whizzzzz SNAP*

Well I guess what they say is true: the quiet ones are the most dangerous!

Sea_Cow the Brains
has been killed.

“Okay, now it's your turn Crocty.” said Ochitsukanai.

“Wait! Can't you pardon me for old time's sake?” pleaded Crocty.

“I'm sorry,” answered Ochitsukanai. “But I'm afraid we've had no old times… for the sake of old time.”

*whizzzzz SNAP*

Well, now it's time to clean up. Let's see whats on crocty's corpse: a wristwatch, a stick of gum, and… a license to kill? Well, that could make him a vigilante of sorts! Oh wait, what else is here? It appears to be… a sword of… well, you get the idea.

Crocty the Ripper and second godfather has been killed.

Good work townies! Two down, and one to go.

Night 3 ends tomorrow at 5pm PST tomorrow.

crocty at 9:19PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
*sigh* =w=
Ochitsukanai at 9:33PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
crocty
Now do the same smart thingy with the ripper.

Look, Crocty! I granted your wish! I'm not so mean, see? :3

100% worth staying up for. Goodnight!

crocty at 9:34PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(offline)
Teehee~
T'was fun y'all
Have fun being killed. <3
odysseus55 at 11:18PM, Feb. 21, 2009
(online)
crocty
I don't think I could pull an ody …

I am honored. Really.

Gullas - lil buddy - I really thought…

Well heck. I am not very good at this. I doff my chapeau to Ochi and skool who ROCK at this stuff.

Crocty I am soooo disappointed. Your avatar is just so darned cute. The Ripper indeed. Someone must have given you water after midnight.

Now will everyone get off of Ochi's back? She is not Mafia. Never has been, never will be. This game anyway.
the2ndredbaron at 12:15AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
looks like it is up to me to kill everyone then. Well best get to work. Good thing I watch dexter. Where's my plastic wrap?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
skoolmunkee at 12:28AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Oh man. I'm glad I was right about Sea_Cow, but I can't believe I was so far wrong about the Ripper. I'm sorry Waff, I hope you can forgive me. :[ You're in the clear with me. Sorry too townies, I will be more careful next time (if there is a next time for me- paramediiiiic)!

I did get a very ‘off’ feeling from crocty at first (even said so in the thread), but I'll admit to trusting him after he brought up in-thread that all the mafia can kill and not just the two we had been assuming… I couldn't think of any reason why a mafia would want to correct our misunderstanding, but…. there you go. :]

There's still one mafia left (the bomber) and possibly another, if they recruited someone the first time around. Since I've identified two killers now (LoS and Sea_Cow) I hope you guys will believe me when I say I'm a townie. Some of you already know what my role is. If the last remaining mafia becomes a godfather then maybe he will be able to recruit someone too, making possibly 3 mafia to find (ugh, how annoying, it never ends!) I expect to be dead by morning, but if I have any more ideas I'll post them here. :]

I also believe Ochi is legit, although I was a bit suspicious of her before, I became less so over the last few days and this lynching basically cinches her innocence. Well done Ochi.

According to the narrative, Hark and Skullbie seem to have been killed by vigilantes. I still suggest we don't try to figure those out.

IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
the2ndredbaron at 12:32AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
I believe your innocent skool, but still that does kinda seal your fate. It was nice knowing you.
skoolmunkee at 12:39AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
redbaron, you're all talk.

Since I believe all the clues are accounted for, and there's still mafia to find (one or more of whom may potentially be townies who were recruited) it's time to start looking for suspicious people, until we get more clues.

I believe Ochi can direct us here, she has a good idea of who deserves suspicion and who is probably innocent.

As for suspicious people, redbaron obviously springs to mind. I belive redbaron is either the bomber (and would like to get killed, and needs to whether he's set bombs or not), or the random. The random is more dangerous, and possibly has a competing win condition and may NEED to die for us to win…. but not necessarily. I'm not believing anything redbaron tells us. So this is basically up in the air. I feel like leaving redbaron alone until we've found all the mafia, and then if we're informed there's still something we need to do, look at redbaron.

After all, there are random roles (I've been looking on sites, mafiascum.org is a good one) where all they have to do is die and the game ends. Or if they're lynched, the people who voted for them are killed. Etc. It would be a risk to kill redbaron, but it's a risk we might have to take.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
the2ndredbaron at 12:50AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
Let me just say Skool that I pose the single biggest threat to the town at this point.
Niccea at 1:32AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Skool
I did get a very ‘off’ feeling from crocty at first (even said so in the thread), but I'll admit to trusting him after he brought up in-thread that all the mafia can kill and not just the two we had been assuming… I couldn't think of any reason why a mafia would want to correct our misunderstanding, but…. there you go. :]

Well. In the last game, Ozone thought there were two vigilantes and only one paramedic. Ody and I corrected him. Sometimes helping with information like that actually makes you less suspicious. But, honestly. I didn't see this coming. Guess I have something to do at work tonight. (It is 3:30 am here. I won't get off till 5:45am)
humorman at 1:48AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Here are a few details about the random role:

- The Random role will always be sided with the townies.

- The Random can have any power(s), and I do mean any powers.

- The abilities that the Random role receives are usually very powerful, more so than most of the roles in this game. However, this power usually has a very powerful downside in which if used properly can greatly aid the townies but if used carelessly can greatly hinder the townies.

- The abilities of the Random are usually associated with a theme. For example, a “Wolfman” Random could have the ability to kill and not be killed at night, while in the day he would seem like a citizen to the detective.

Also, about the godfather:

- If someone accepts the invitation of the godfather, I'll post that a townie has joined the mafia. In other words, unless the Random has some type of ability to prevent the game from ending, there shouldn't be any real surprises as to who you have to kill to win the game.

- Before crocty died, he named a successor, meaning that the remaining mafioso is the godfather.

the2ndredbaron at 2:38AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
So who is the successor? I wonder?
skoolmunkee at 3:59AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
OK, so that sounds then like there's only one mafia left. There's been nothing so far about anyone being recruited in the narratives.

From Humorman's description, it sounds like we don't have to worry about the random unless we kill the mafia and find out there's a competing win condition. Since he said the random is always on the townie's side, and we've nearly won, best not mess with it and risk hindering ourselves.

I wonder, can a recruited townie become a godfather, and then recruit more people? Or once the original mafia are gone, that's the last of the godfathers?
IT'S OLD BATMAN
theorah at 4:08AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
man, I have got to figure out time conversions, I was asleep when everyone was voting!! =_= although it seems to not make any difference since both mafia people got lynched anyway =3ow, I wonder who the last person is?? I also suspect Baron, maybe? Because he is always taunting people to kill him, maybe he has already put bombs on people? hmmm….
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
theorah at 4:10AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
the2ndredbaron
looks like it is up to me to kill everyone then. Well best get to work. Good thing I watch dexter. Where's my plastic wrap?

I love Dexter so much, my favorite tv series…I dont want to be suspicious of a Dexter fan!! :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
harkovast at 5:09AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
Woooooo!

Ochi, sorry I ever thought you might be mafia!

Woooooo!

They are dropping like flies!!!!!

Wooooooo!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
waff at 5:24AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
yay *launches fire works*
-edit-
hey hark lets sing a duet. *starts singing*

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon