MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia VII: Reverse Mafia
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:44PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
crocty
I can indeed confirm it - The rat told me Monkey is a regular mafioso. Something about tylenol and mouthwash as well.

And yes, the rat also asked for my role.
According to Crocty he too is a regular mafioso! One of us has to be the leader. Crocty declair double lynch and let them kill us both. Then they will see that I was right about you!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
crocty at 6:45PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
I'm not going to lynch myself, that would be dumb!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Niccea at 6:45PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
*resumes seat on Waff's box*
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Product Placement at 6:45PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
harkovast
TFGM but if you are the lead agent…wouldn't you show up as a regular mafia?
So the check on you doesn't really prove much.
If crotcy shows up as mafioso as well then we are just back to square one, as all we know is that either of you might be guilty.
(the agents would have to be pretty dumb to put someone other then their leader up for election)

One reason mafia is like real life is that all elected officials should be viewed with suspicion (I say that every game and every game no one listens!)
I was thinking the same thing. I think though that the reason why everyone keeps going to the mayor…godfather is because he's protected by bodyguards. Since he's protected he can be the voice of the people who need to stay hidden. People like the param..doctors and the detec…rat.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Niccea at 6:48PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
2nd in command is protected by the bodyguards too. I just don't tell him who they are.
Aghammer at 6:48PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Unless the rat is not the Rat and there's no way to be sure.

Soooo, Hark, my friend, if I read you correctly, you are saying we should kill em both off and elect some sucker that really doesn't want to be godfather? Just checking.

And TFGM, you agree? Doh.

actually, we have evidence that TFGM is NOT an agent between what the so-called Rat said… go back and look.

crocty
I can indeed confirm it - The rat told me Monkey is a regular mafioso. Something about tylenol and mouthwash as well.

And yes, the rat also asked for my role.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crocty at 6:49PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
I swear, by the time I get used to using the different names, it'll be time for normal, or different themed mafia!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Hakoshen at 6:49PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Anyone who the rat says is innocent should be lynched. The rat always checks out the godfather, and the end result always draws away suspicion!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
harkovast at 6:50PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer I'm all for a bit of anarchy in the system!
Power to the people!
Lets wreck the establishment!
etc

bad guys always have a candidate, so just kill the winner and the runner up and you are bound to kill their leader.
Problem solved!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Ochitsukanai at 6:53PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Why is this thread moving so fast suddenly?

Ultimately, the only thing that is unequivocally proven, if this is truly information from the rat (I would surmise it is much too risky to fake), is that ONE of them HAS to be innocent. It doesn't necessarily mean that either is guilty, but it DOES mean that one is innocent.

That's actually the only thing provable if you consider the results logically. o_O You know that AT LEAST there is one trustworthy person.

…I'm going stir-crazy without clues, y'all. I'm all sitting here waiting to tear ‘em apart, it’s like friggin' Christmas, and then the narrative shows up and there is NOTHING. Christmas is ruined! >_<

edit because I said the same damn thing twice for some reason -_-;

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Aghammer at 6:54PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Actually, we have had people vote to lynch themselves… always makes me laugh. I think Prank did it last game and I think Hark did it in one of the previous games.

If you want to lynch yourself I'll vote with you my friend (I'm here for you).

crocty
I'm not going to lynch myself, that would be dumb!
crocty at 6:55PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
See? This is why I didn't want to tell everyone about the rat's results. There's only one way to solve this now.

CHAIR FIGHT. D:<
Product Placement at 6:55PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Unless the rat is not the Rat and there's no way to be sure.
Wait. If the Rat is fake then he's the luckiest Rat around. We can be sure that at least either Crocty or Monkey has to be clean. If both were agent's we wouldn't be having the situation we're faced with now. If one is a mafia and the rat is a pretend then he simply GUESSED that the other guy was a normal mafia and not a special role.

On top of that if both of them happens to be normal mafia and the “rat” is a fake then that means that the rat GUESSED TWICE and was correct both times. That's an awfully risky thing to pull for a charade that can easily collapse on you as soon as the real rat starts to show up.

No I think that the Rat is legit and he must have checked out both Crocty and Monkey. That means that they're either both clean or that one of them is the agent leader. Statistically it's unlikely since Crocty's been mafia 3 times already and Monkey was the godfather last time.

Edit: Oh I see that me and Ochitsukanai are on the same wavelength.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 6:57PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
TFGM is MAFIA although I don't know that Crocty is an Agent. We gotta kill someone… Waff is at the top of the list right now :)

Ochitsukanai
Why is this thread moving so fast suddenly?

Ultimately, the only thing that is unequivocally proven, if this is truly information from the rat (I would surmise it is much too risky to fake), is that ONE of them HAS to be innocent. It doesn't necessarily mean that either is guilty, but it DOES mean that one is innocent.

That's actually the only thing provable if you consider the results logically. o_O You know that AT LEAST there is one trustworthy person.

…I'm going stir-crazy without clues, y'all. I'm all sitting here waiting to tear ‘em apart, it’s like friggin' Christmas, and then the narrative shows up and there is NOTHING. Christmas is ruined! >_<

edit because I said the same damn thing twice for some reason -_-;
Product Placement at 7:00PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
TFGM is MAFIA although I don't know that Crocty is an Agent. We gotta kill someone… Waff is at the top of the list right now :)
Why are you so certain that Monkey is clean? Unless… your an agent, covering for him!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
rokulily at 7:01PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Well whats with this business of tylenol and mouthwash? If they are the rat is this a potential clue? And if they aren't the rat and are just trying to frame somebody should we work backwards from there too?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Aghammer at 7:03PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Are you an Ochi ALT?!?!?

And look back through the first few pages… I have a reason to trust that TFGM is Mafia and not the crazy offer of fan art, etc. :) I will not link to that page cause I like not being dead.

Have the rat check out me man…. I am 100% pure-blood mafia!

Product Placement
Edit: Oh I see that me and Ochitsukanai are on the same wavelength.
Product Placement at 7:05PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Don't we need to wait until next day or something?

Edit: Oh right. It's also been used twice.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Ochitsukanai at 7:06PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
How can you know that for certain, Aghammer? The rat clearly contacted Crocty first judging by the order of events, but from the start you were on Monkey's side, which indicates that in all likelihood you are not the rat. That makes your vehement support of him even more weird, especially since his reasoning was simply that you two are friends - that definitely does not explain this behavior at all.

crocty at 7:07PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
We can't check any more roles, but I trust Aghammer anyway.

I'm not sure why he trusts Monkey, though.

Incidentally, anyone have an 18-sided die?
Ochitsukanai at 7:07PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Of course you can say that NOW - if the rat checked out both Crocty and Monkey, it'd be impossible for you to be checked out. It's an ability that can be used only twice. :\

harkovast at 7:09PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Well if aghammer asked for it, I say have the rat check him!

Ochi dont draw connections too quickly.
Aghammer trusting someone without a reason WE are aware of, does not make him guilty.
he could just like the cut of TFGM's jib, or he might no information we don't.
Even if TFGM is guilty, aghammer could be innocent and vice versa.

OR THEY COULD BOTH BE AGENT SCUM!
DIE DIE DIE!

Still, the rat would settle the matter once and for all!

Niccea at 7:10PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
crocty

I got an RNG

www.random.org

And the rat can only ask after two roles…
harkovast at 7:12PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Damn it! Then checking those two was the worst possible thing to do!
Since one of them is going to be the agent leader, obviously they will show as mafioso!!!

What a waste, that power would have been really really useful later on!

crocty at 7:13PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Perfect, Niccea. Let us consult the RNG for answers!

It came up with 1. So, we simply lynch the first person on the player li–OH GOD DAMMIT
Aghammer at 7:13PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
And you should! PP,Ochi and Waff… if I re-arrange the letters.. POW… there you go, AGENTS! Kidding, kidding, although I think Waff needs to explain himself or he has my vote for today's lynch.

I supported TFGM for godfather because he supports my work on DD AND I thought it was time he got to be the bride. I was torn because I really enjoyed Crocty's mayorship but Crocty always seems a little sneaky :) In a good way, of course.

Ochi, if you want to pq me your role I'll send you mind :)

crocty

Product Placement at 7:14PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Still, the rat would settle the matter once and for all!
But like Octi said. The rat can only background check twice. If he's checked out Crocty and monkey, then he's used up that ability. Now he can only confirm if someone is connected to a particular clue or ask how many agents voted to lynch someone specific.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 7:15PM, May 12, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
I thought it was time he got to be the bride.
-snrk-
harkovast at 7:17PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
PP damn it, those were the two WORST people he could have used it on as well!

Ah well, live and learn (or die screaming during the night sequence, as the case may be!)

Product Placement at 7:23PM, May 12, 2009
(online)
Eh. Fuck it! You know what? I'm just gonna assume now, for the time being, that BOTH Crocty and monkey are actually clean. Until someone brings forth evidence proving otherwise (which can't possibly happen until someone is actually killed), I'm gonna rest easily with my ignorant belief that my politicians aren't actually corrupt sociopaths who are out to get me for once.

Later guys. I'm taking my nightly nap now.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon