Comic Talk and General Discussion *

No Healthy People Allowed
SarahN at 5:20PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I got this idea after looking at ozone's migraines thread. (Why did that sound funny to me?)

What better way to get to know each other than…TALKING ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL PROBLEMS!?! ….if any. Or you can also talk about something you went to the hospital or doctor for that was weird or…you know….deadly. But let's try not to turn this into something too depressing, okay? XD Hopefully this topic hasn't been done already…

I was basically born with acid reflux…though have managed to treat it by drinking apple cider vinegar (in juice or something) which I heard was the best treatment on the internet. It worked way better than that damn purple pill…which just gave me unbearable headaches and nausea. I still get it sometimes, but not as bad. It used to bring me to my knees, basically. =/

I also have headaches, of course. Mostly allergy-related…I've taken everything for them. Nothing works. :mad:

(Edit: Oh yeah, nearsightededness too.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
suzi at 5:22PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
Bad seafood allergies, nearsightedness, and bad acne. That's about it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
strong414bad at 5:36PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I have low muscle tone, which is pretty much an excuse for being weak at everything. Plus I'm flat-footed. People make fun of me for it.
Why hello there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:59PM
Disgruntledrm at 5:42PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
Hey, I'm flat-footed too! Small world. And since I'm too cheap to buy the proper tennis shoes, it's incredibly painful to run longer than a mile.

Let's see, I'm too stubborn to go to the doctor for this…but occassionally my hypoglycemia gets the better of me and I end up with low blood pressure, incredible cramping, and nearly black out. This usually goes on for about 4-5 hours.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Ozoneocean at 5:45PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
Well, Migraines… Obviously.
Bad sinuses make my cheeks feel like someone's punched me in the face when they're infected.
aaaand, cold knees!

Nothing else really, just that my knees get really freaking COLD!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
dueeast at 5:56PM, June 17, 2007
(offline)
I'm just going to give the Cliff's Notes version….

1. I developed severe lactose intolerance in 2003 (it's hereditary - can't tolerate any dairy products whatsoever)

2. I am “semi-bionic” because I had to have my large intestine surgically removed to prevent colon cancer when I was 12 (I had lots and lots of pre-cancerous polyps). Thanks to a follow-up operation, I have what I'll call a “replacement system” inside my body that does the job of the large intestine, so I don't require a colostomy bag or anything. Plus, I only have to take a couple of over-the-counter meds to regulate metabolism. There is medical terminology to explain the procedures that were done but I've long forgotten them.

Sorry if that's TMI (too much info). :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Phantom Penguin at 5:59PM, June 17, 2007
(offline)
Bad Knees
Bad back
I torn my ACL playing hockey and it always still bugs me
shin splints

THANK YOU ARMY!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
suzi at 6:07PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
Wow dueeast, that's pretty intense o.o

Ozone's cold knees remind me – I also have poor circulation to my hands and feet, nothing worth going to the doctor over, but it means I almost always have freezing hands. It's pretty fun, actually. I can freak people out by touching their necks, and they can't do the same to me when their hands happen to be cold because i'm so used to feeling cold hands on me :p
Hijuda at 6:28PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
I get splitting headaches every so often.

Outside of that, I haven't been sick in over a year.
It's a comic!

LOLOL LAMFAO
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
Exzachly at 10:37PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
my only weakness is that I'm so sexy it hurts
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
usedbooks at 11:26PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
Migraines, nearsightedness, bad knees, bad back (it's that “top-heavy” problem…), maybe arthritis (my joints ache way too much), occasional insomnia and sleep apnea, and I'm slightly allergic to all my pets (which doesn't stop me from keeping them ;) ).

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
Generic Human at 11:43PM, June 17, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
Well, Migraines… Obviously.
Bad sinuses make my cheeks feel like someone's punched me in the face when they're infected.
aaaand, cold knees!

Nothing else really, just that my knees get really freaking COLD!

Cold knees? Is the medical term? XP Sorry, it just made me giggle a bit.

Let's see…I've been pretty fortunate in my health. My eyes are a bit bad, and I lost my glasses, so that makes driving a challenge… and I'm missing a tooth. It didn't get knocked out or anything, but one of my baby teeth was a two-in-one deal, and when it fell out only one grew back in. I don't have a gap or anything where a tooth should be, it just means that my lower was a bit smaller then my upper jaw, and hence a large overbite till I got braces. They even wanted to break my jaw and give me a fake tooth. O_o;; But I really didn't need it. I guess that's not really a health thing though…I'm just a freak.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
bryan at 12:12AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
I'm alergic to amoxocilan (not the deadly form of alergic, thankfully), and I injured my drawing wrist in a Taekwondo incident a while back and 3 years later it's getting better.

Huh… my list sucks compaired to ya'lls… :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
marine at 2:02AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
I'm not going to tell you people my fucking weaknesses, because they're none.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
suzi at 6:15AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Generic Human
and I'm missing a tooth. It didn't get knocked out or anything, but one of my baby teeth was a two-in-one deal, and when it fell out only one grew back in. I don't have a gap or anything where a tooth should be, it just means that my lower was a bit smaller then my upper jaw, and hence a large overbite till I got braces. They even wanted to break my jaw and give me a fake tooth. O_o;; But I really didn't need it. I guess that's not really a health thing though…I'm just a freak.

A friend of mine had the same thing happen, except it left a horrible gap in his front upper left teeth, so he has a fake tooth set in his retainer. It's hard to notice, so sometimes he freaks people out by pulling it out and exposing the toothlessness XD
Whirlwynd at 6:57AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
I'd say I'm lucky that my biggest medical problem now is that my sense of smell is a little crazy. I think it started when I was seven or eight - I slipped on a skateboard and landed on my face. My nose was pretty messed up. Now I either can't smell things at all or they're not what they should be. Skunks smell like potato chips, car exhaust smells like cinnamon rolls. It's nice sometimes because when there is a nasty smell around, it's not as bad for me unless it's really strong. Other cases, though, I have to be careful. I don't detect gas or spoiled food very well, so I don't take chances with expiration dates and if there's something unfamiliar I ask about it.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
Aurora Moon at 7:18AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)

hmmm. when I was younger, I used to have bad asthma problems… couldn't even work out in gym without starting to wheeze. Don't have that anymore now… but I still keep my inhalers just in case.

I have a slight allgery to pets, but I still love my dog. =3 it's just the dirt and dander in the fur… I'm actually more allegeric to cats than dogs.

and I almost lost one of my big toes once… mirror without frames fell right on my foot, breaking my foot and nearly slicing it in half. well, mostly nearly slicing one of my big toe off more than my whole foot in half. But you know what I mean. It was one of the most painful things I've gone though, honestly.

I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
dueeast at 7:59AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
bryan
I'm alergic to amoxocilan (not the deadly form of alergic, thankfully), and I injured my drawing wrist in a Taekwondo incident a while back and 3 years later it's getting better.

Huh… my list sucks compaired to ya'lls… :/

My wife is very allergic to amoxocilan, so I understand that one very well.
AQua_ng at 9:00AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
Asthma, eczema, hay fever and an unhealthy addiction to Pringles. And one time i thought I was obsessive compulsive.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:45AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
I have a cold at the moment :\
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:54PM
notlikelytocare at 10:49AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
Bad Knees
Bad back
I torn my ACL playing hockey and it always still bugs me
shin splints

THANK YOU ARMY!

LMAO…. i think i have it worse……

bad knees
bad back
no rotor cuff left to speak of…… (shoulders)
HORRIBLE feet….. (damn combat boots)
SEVERE temper…….
Idontgiveashit-atitus…..
and Alcoholism……
so…. yeah….. im definately “Army Strong”
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
notlikelytocare at 10:57AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Exzachly

OMG!!!! I suffer from that too……. what a small world….
My avatar is tiny because I'm compensating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
omgwtfwasthat at 11:16AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
notlikelytocare
Exzachly

OMG!!!! I suffer from that too……. what a small world….
(O_o)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:21PM
HAM at 11:16AM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
Mostly allergies; if I get too hot I start sneezing like mad. I went to the hospital once, because they believed I had a virus (which I didn't). They took about 10 blood samples, and they found nothing.

I also randomly get terrible hives (most people I know get it in one or two spots, and it goes away the next day), they spread all over me, and last for quite a while; preventing me from sleep.

Otherwise, nothing serious.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 11:31AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
I'm lactose intolerant.
And I have asthma.
And I have that wierd thing whose name escapes me, but it's basically the chest caving inward.
Oh, yeah, and I died last night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
Mr Chappers at 11:41AM, June 18, 2007
(online)
Well, im dyslexic so i had a fair few scans of the head to make sure it was not really bad. Plus tests on other mental things.
There was a ‘Man Cancer’ (as i like to call it) scare. Wasn't the best part of my life.
I'm also one of them people who always think there ill one way. but with me its more of, if i get a pain in my appendix area, i must have appendicitises.
Which is annoying. I've been into hospital for cuts on the hands and arm plus burns from work. seeing as im a chef im around hot stuff and knifes.

Read the Author, its good i promise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
junoblairb at 5:10PM, June 18, 2007
(online)
WEE!

I have a dead left frontal meningioma that's now a huge calcium deposit. What's that? It's a tumor on the membrane of my brain! But it's dead. A moment of silence for Mortimor.

That's my favorite story since it slammed Chapter 4 to a halt in 2004, first time around. They afterwards diagnosed me with epilepsy.

But to list it out I have *deep breath*

Epilepsy
Fibromyalgia + Scoliosis
Tremors (yay shakey lines!)
Arthritis
Migraines
Mania/Insomnia from time to time sadly not too often
Lactose Intolerance (this was the worst)
Periphrial Neuropathy (I walk and can't feel my feet - it's retarded)
and
Syncope (which is diagnosed regularly occurring fainting spells due to my FANTASTIC circulation!)

Darwin liked me. XD

But what I lack in physical strength I make up for with enthusiasm and willingness to experiment. ;) (wait, wrong conversation?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
dueeast at 5:36PM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
Let's hear it for another lactose intolerant! :) Woohoo!

I have dairy-free recipes I can share with you, if you'd like. I love to cook! And likewise, if you have any, would you mind PQ'ing me with them? Thanks!

I think your tumor story beats my large intestine story. Those are some significant aftershocks and I sympathize.

I've got my own additional health woes besides what I've already said but I'm trying not to depress people (I can tell that you're not either, btw. :) ). I'm not good at sharing my pain except through art.

Wow, Juno, you'd never know your health issues with how great and regular Star Crossed Destiny is. You have my respect.

junoblairb
WEE!

I have a dead left frontal meningioma that's now a huge calcium deposit. What's that? It's a tumor on the membrane of my brain! But it's dead. A moment of silence for Mortimor.

That's my favorite story since it slammed Chapter 4 to a halt in 2004, first time around. They afterwards diagnosed me with epilepsy.

But to list it out I have *deep breath*

Epilepsy
Fibromyalgia + Scoliosis
Tremors (yay shakey lines!)
Arthritis
Migraines
Mania/Insomnia from time to time sadly not too often
Lactose Intolerance (this was the worst)
Periphrial Neuropathy (I walk and can't feel my feet - it's retarded)
and
Syncope (which is diagnosed regularly occurring fainting spells due to my FANTASTIC circulation!)

Darwin liked me. XD

But what I lack in physical strength I make up for with enthusiasm and willingness to experiment. ;) (wait, wrong conversation?)
Phantom Penguin at 6:01PM, June 18, 2007
(offline)
I have one kidney due to surgury done by a Iraqi sniper.

This causes me to every once and a while to bloat up with water if I don't take my meds. And I can't really eat salt anymore, along with a lot of booze.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
junoblairb at 8:22AM, June 19, 2007
(online)
dueeast
Wow, Juno, you'd never know your health issues with how great and regular Star Crossed Destiny is. You have my respect.

Don't let my site fool you. It's taken me over a year to get back in a groove where I can have my good days and my bad days and keep my comic on the schedule the way it is. I'm hiding about 1.5 chapters worth of buffer behind my back just in case because it took me three years to learn that sadly, in my case, I do seriously need that just in case crap. If not for health, then for some other life drama. But I'd like to think that since all these diagnosis incidents came up, I've made improvements.

Phantom Penguin
And I can't really eat salt anymore, along with a lot of booze.

I totally feel for you. A lot of the meds I've been on are like that. I couldn't have salt with one. Now I can't have any alcohol. Luckily the salt one went away. But this last pill I don't get to get rid of for my epilepsy as it's my ‘last resort.’ They laugh about it online as the pill that gets you drunk on water. Tis the suck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon