Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Physical Fitness In DDers?
AQua_ng at 11:29AM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
I focus on agility and technique rather than strength and stamina.

I ran 100m in 13 seconds today. Is that good?

Meh, I have no upper arm strength. I can only manage 20 push ups an hour! :(. However, I do decent in sit ups. About 30-40ish.

Every Friday I go and play badminton for two and a half hours.

I used to do a lot of swimming. And look at my legs! They're way too big and thick.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:56AM
SeriousQuiche at 11:45AM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
I don't really like exercising, but I try to go to the gym three times a week. other than that it's alot of walking around campus.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Ozoneocean at 11:59AM, April 30, 2007
(online)
skoolmunkee
Sometimes I think, if only I worked at that warehouse again!
You worked in a warehouse? 0_o
sometimes I wish I had a physical labour type job, but the only time I've ever done anything like that was shovelling horse crap when I tried out for a job as a stable hand…
I didn't get it- I wasn't big and strong enough. Good thing too, it was a shitty job.
Haw haw haw.
AQua_ng
I ran 100m in 13 seconds today. Is that good?

Meh, I have no upper arm strength. I can only manage 20 push ups an hour! . However, I do decent in sit ups. About 30-40ish.
I think that's pretty fast… As for the pushups, I don't think that's too good. I can usually do hundreds of those but I don't know if that's about being fit so much as being light and having the knack for it. Chin-ups are the same for me if I can be bothered with that- which I can't.

Hey, I used to cycle a lot. That's good exercise! Especially if you have some destination to get to. It's fun.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
skoolmunkee at 12:17PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
Sometimes I think, if only I worked at that warehouse again!
You worked in a warehouse? 0_o

Yup I've had lots of jobs. :) That one was a clothing warehouse. We ran around all day with a big Duck trolley bin and climbed up and down shelves and shelves of clothes in a hot (or cold) warehouse for 8 hours. Basically we pulled piles of clothes out of boxes until our Duck was full (big ol laundry carts) and then sorted them as fast as possible into bins and sent them off down the rolly track! It was actually pretty fun. I got to bring my walkman.

My second most physically laborious job would have to be the sound engineer job. That was a lot of pushing heavy equipment around and hurrying up, but then you sat around for hours. then worked hard again to put things away.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 1:59PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
I think REALLY HARD about staying in shape. Then I just play video games all day.

The power of persuasion. Works like a charm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM
ccs1989 at 2:14PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
I used to play DDR, but then my Gamecube broke, and I'm too lazy to set up the Stepmania thing. Maybe over the summer I'll get into it again.

Anyway I have no upper body strength and I'm not what you would call “fit”, but I eat healthy and I'm not fat.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
kitty17 at 2:40PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
hmm…well i walk to the bus stop about a block away and then to school cuz it's a city bus and it doesn't leave me infront of the school. Uh…then I walk back home uphill, which used to kill me…especially in the winter…(is slipping on blackice and back downhill exercise?) I say that's enough for me…although I enjoy a good bike ride every now and then…or running sometimes…..of course at the end of the day I like to relax with a good video game…and some snackage…

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:17PM
Black_Kitty at 3:18PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
I've been trying to bike on a regular basis. Not really successful so far since I have so much stuff to take care of at home but I'll keep trying.

I don't think I'm horrifically fat but I don't see myself as fit either. I usually talk to my doctor every so often about this and according to her, I'm not overweight but it wouldn't be a bad idea to lose some pounds by exercising.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:24AM
usedbooks at 3:52PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
I tried to exercise, but I'm so heavy it's painful. I'm fat. Admitted. About 100 to 130 pounds overweight. No denying that.

I do walk about 2.5 miles each day. Campus is over a mile from my home. Why waste money on parking and gas or climb onto a bus when my legs are perfectly (mostly) functional? It doesn't count as exercise, though, just transporting my fat self from point A to point B. ;)

Oh, I lost 20 pounds last summer and those have stayed off. Fat as I still am, I'm proud of that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
FoxmanZEO at 4:13PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
I'm aiming for 100 push ups, at about fifty or forty now.

Strength is alright, right now at the least.
Like everyone else, I could bitch about my cardio, but I have a good reason for not being able to jog for hours!
'Who must do the hard things?

He who can.'

-Confucius.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 4:34PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
usedbooks
I tried to exercise, but I'm so heavy it's painful. I'm fat. Admitted. About 100 to 130 pounds overweight. No denying that.

I do walk about 2.5 miles each day. Campus is over a mile from my home. Why waste money on parking and gas or climb onto a bus when my legs are perfectly (mostly) functional? It doesn't count as exercise, though, just transporting my fat self from point A to point B. ;)

Oh, I lost 20 pounds last summer and those have stayed off. Fat as I still am, I'm proud of that.

aws don't call yourself fat!!! who cares, anyway!!!! wow good job losing 20 pounds though *jealous* I could stand to lose some weight…
sometimes when I have major papers and stuff I lose a lot of weight, mostly because I stop eating and take a lot of caffeine… “no time to eat!!!!”
I'm not “in shape” at all, definitely not, no siree, but I guess it's not horrifically noticeable. I've always sucked at athletics, too. uh, the fastest I've run the mile was in nine minutes… I was really proud of myself… ^_^ hehe!
going to the gym just doesn't thrill me, you know? it's like, you have to walk all the way over there, blah blah exercise, and all the good machines are always taken so you have to stand around creepily watching strangers exercise while you wait your turn. plus the ellipticals and treadmills at my school turn off after 30 minutes (to “give other people a chance” etc) and to top it all off, you're all sweaty and gross afterwards!! I like showering in the morning, so it's like, “either I lock myself in the room for the rest of the night, or I shower now, but then I wanna shower in the morning, etc etc etc!!!” it's just too much work!!!!
plus I'm laz-ay.
I did kendo for a while though (it was part of my hopelessly failed “do lots of extracurricular activities to meet BOYS~!!” plan… blurgh…) and now my arms are pretty toned. ^_^! but… sad to say it's not true for the rest of me ;_;.
in general I eat really poorly, but I don't eat much (the whole “broke college student” thing) so I guess it almost evens itself out. I just… love… french fries ;_;!!!!! and chips!!! and popsicles!!!!!
oh wells~ maybe someday I'll lose weight. *daydreams*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
subcultured at 4:52PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
lol
I wish I could hear you speak, kristin.
yer writting sounds like speedy gonzalez in my head :)
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:02PM
Alexis at 7:56PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
I hate gyms because they are full of nasty people and sweat, and I do find excerscize very boring, but I was a fat kid who lost a lot of weight, so I freak out if I gain any of it back. I stay in OK shape running around at work, and I used to skateboard a lot, but my skateboard got stolen a few months ago. Soon I should be able to buy a new one and hopefully get in better shape.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
darius22 at 8:04PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo me es noobie
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
marine at 8:44PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
You guys need to find some god damn motivation. In order to get in good shape, you gotta do stuff everyday. If you don't do it, you won't succeed. Diet programs on TV are all a joke. Just do what you gotta do, and get it done. No bullshit excuses.

On another note, I don't go to the gym. I got a treadmill, a bow flex, weights, and dumbbells. Less then it cost me to get my xbox 360, and play station 3. I'm thinking of getting one of the Chuck Norris machines too. The home gym, it looks like a good one. The best piece of equipment I have is a iron bar between a door. If you can do a pullup, you're in shape. If you can do fifty, your god. Once you've mastered your own bodywieght, you can do anything.

You guys can't jump in and do 300 sit ups at once, you've gotta baby step your way there. Crawl before you walk kind of stuff.

Maybe I should add a workout page to my site. Or maybe thats the lamest idea yet. Maybe I should. No, I shouldn't. Eh, I probably will.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Terminal at 9:31PM, April 30, 2007
(online)
marine
Maybe I should add a workout page to my site. Or maybe thats the lamest idea yet. Maybe I should. No, I shouldn't. Eh, I probably will.

Do it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
celrena at 9:42PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
marine
You guys can't jump in and do 300 sit ups at once, you've gotta baby step your way there. Crawl before you walk kind of stuff.

I agree with Terminal~! Do it ^-^
I'm always open to advice
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
marine at 10:02PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
All right, so thats another page to add to penis's already large “to do for an extra page” list.
Kristen Gudsnuk at 11:44PM, April 30, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
lol

hahaha
I scare people sometimes by being too bubbly… XD XD
marine at 3:56AM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
Kristen Gudsnuk
subcultured
lol

hahaha

I was thinking Jessica Simpson…
Glarg at 5:09AM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
Wow 50 posts in one day o_o…

Well my body works in a…..weird way..None of my fat seems to seep into my arms or thighs, It's always the belly! And ever since I've lost weight(I think 6th grade) I've had this huge lab on my stomache and…Well has anyone ever seen the movie Click with Adam Sandler? You know that large Flab he's got after Lypo?
That's what I've got.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
wyldflowa at 8:11AM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
I'm a good healthy hour-glass shape~ good curves in the right places, flat tummy (I'm a UK size 8-10, US size 4-6 I think) but absolute zero muscle strength. Just playing on Eyetoy for ten minutes leaves me with weak noodle arms aching like god-knows-what for two days afterwards… I used to cycle a lot but then my tyre got a puncture and I didn't fix it… XD

I don't eat much but what I do eat is healthy~ I rarely have fatty snack foods and never eat take-outs. I have lots of sandwiches and cereal~ :) My main meals always have lots of low GI carbs and veggies. I love foods people hate like broccoli, peas and sprouts. XD

But yeah, I'm quite healthy… apart from my weedy muscles I'm rather good for a virtual recluse. ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
skoolmunkee at 3:09PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
Glarg
Well my body works in a…..weird way..None of my fat seems to seep into my arms or thighs, It's always the belly!

You're apple shape, that's pretty normal for guys. :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
reidavidson at 3:32PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
subcultured
reidavidson
Hmm, dunno. Kinda in the middle. Working in a bakery makes being physically fit hard. But I eat very very healthy foods outside of work to make up for it and I get a lot of walking in my day.

See? I got pooch, I got curve, I'm just sorta neutral.

yer belly button looks like a stick figure
You mean Earl? He lives in mah bellybutton. *nodnod*

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
booger at 4:57PM, May 1, 2007
(online)
my regular exercise include lifting my fingers to type and arm to reach for a drink or pen or mouse. it works!^^
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
PhatScurl at 6:13PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
I the martial art Tae Kwon Do, and have been for 8 years. I'm by no means strong, but its kept me fit and i know that i can kill somebody very easily. What else do you need?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 6:28PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
marine
Kristen Gudsnuk
subcultured
lol

hahaha

*slits wrists*

I'm not dumb, really I'm not!!! I'm actually pretty smart, believe it or not! I read a lot of books! I can have intellectual discussions on Judith Butler's theories of gender performativity!! I… am a good speller…
jessica simpson???
*slits wrists again*
Phantom Penguin at 6:33PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
marine
You guys need to find some god damn motivation. In order to get in good shape, you gotta do stuff everyday. If you don't do it, you won't succeed. Diet programs on TV are all a joke. Just do what you gotta do, and get it done. No bullshit excuses.

On another note, I don't go to the gym. I got a treadmill, a bow flex, weights, and dumbbells. Less then it cost me to get my xbox 360, and play station 3. I'm thinking of getting one of the Chuck Norris machines too. The home gym, it looks like a good one. The best piece of equipment I have is a iron bar between a door. If you can do a pullup, you're in shape. If you can do fifty, your god. Once you've mastered your own bodywieght, you can do anything.

I agree. I don't have any machines, but thank god ft. knox has free gyms for soldiers you use, but its got all that stuff. The total gym (the norris thing) is great by the way.
Heh i've been working out since as long as I can remember, but i still can only do 35 pull ups without falling off the damn bar.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Phantom Penguin at 6:34PM, May 1, 2007
(offline)
Kristen Gudsnuk
marine
Kristen Gudsnuk
subcultured
lol

hahaha

*slits wrists*

I'm not dumb, really I'm not!!! I'm actually pretty smart, believe it or not! I read a lot of books! I can have intellectual discussions on Judith Butler's theories of gender performativity!! I… am a good speller…
jessica simpson???
*slits wrists again*

The real question is. Did you know Tuna is a fish?

KIDDING. Don't kill me. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Ozoneocean at 6:39PM, May 1, 2007
(online)
Skool has had an amazing job there…

Kirsten has played right into Marine's hands. lol!

Jessica Simpson will always be a character in the Simpsons to me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon