Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Volte6 has left the building
Blues at 3:09AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
When I see the name “Mr Dweedles” I think of a supervillain owning a fluffy cat.
Really? I think of the fluffy cat owned by the supervillain.

I picture him as a round fat british guy with pinstripe pants and a jacket that barely fits him while he has a white monopoly man mustache and has a bowler hat or top hat and a monocle
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
and i dunno what to do… she's 100% serious
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
Ronson at 5:03AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
It's been a great run, Dylan! Drunk Duck has always been a great tool for artists to get to know eachother and to get their work seen. I have no doubt it will continue to do so for a long time.

Still it won't be the same without volte6 on Drunk Duck. But change is life and all that stuff. You'll be missed around here.

Stay in touch!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:10PM
simonitro at 5:53AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
Hey Volte6,

It's been nice being here working on Drunkduck and I highly appreciate this site and your work.

You shall be missed and good luck for your future and I'm a big fan of DD and I'll continue working and giving my appreciation to the loyal amins all around.

Good luck and have great future, man, you do deserve it.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
radarig at 7:10AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
Just as a counterpoint, especially since all of the other counterpoints were sanitized, I think it's legitimate to disagree with a “majority” of posters on the quality of work that's been done (especially in the past few years), and I think that was what APC was trying to do in his… manner.

I think we can all agree that Volte deserves props for creating and re-creating the site, and basically giving webcomic artists a centralized community that didn't cost them anything. I haven't posted anything on this site in years, but it was always good to know that I could float ideas and post my art without worrying about generating traffic just to get a decent test audience.

Of course, the site could have been handled better than it was; I don't need to re-post APC's laundry list to convince everyone that the system in its current form is seemingly in the alpha-stage of development with no real promise of improvement. People have legitimate complaints, but frankly for all the talk I've heard in the past five years nobody's stepped up to create their own site. If you ask me, we can't fault Dylan if we aren't up to putting in the effort we accuse him of lacking.

But all that is besides the point, and it isn't why I decided to make this post anyway; I owe Mr. Squires a huge debt for creating Drunkduck in the first place.

In 2002, unsure of what I was going to do with myself after I flunked out my first semester of college, I started drawing ridiculously poor webcomics. I thought they were okay at the time, but looking back they were really, really bad. Still, I posted them on this site and started to get feedback; in particular the long-gone artists Breezy and Squeegee always supported what I was trying to do, and I gradually improved.

Eventually I gave up comics , but through them I came to the realization that I loved layout and art, which lead me to pursue my BFA in Graphic Design. I graduated last month, thanks in no small part to my experience on this site.

Did Dylan personally get me to that point? No, of course not. He did, however, give me and thousands of other people a community that fosters creative development, which in my case dramatically changed the direction of my life. Honestly, I can trace my decisions back to the experiences and conversations I've had on this site, and without them I'd probably still be working the same retail job I had when I graduated high school.

So for all the problems with this site, I personally owe much more to it than I can express here. Dylan, thank you for putting this out there and keeping it alive when letting it die would have been much more convenient.

Also, sorry for stealing your chat room that time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:58PM
Aurora Moon at 7:25AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
Blues
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee
When I see the name “Mr Dweedles” I think of a supervillain owning a fluffy cat.

I picture him as a round fat british guy with pinstripe pants and a jacket that barely fits him while he has a white monopoly man mustache and has a bowler hat or top hat and a monocle

How about an white fluffy cat dressed up like a british man in pinstripe pants and an top hat with a monocle?

Anyway, I agree with Radarig. I love DD, even with some of it's annoying flaws. And there's nothing you can say to change that.

(I'd love to see APC make his own website. Let's see him back up his tough talk with his walk… oh wait, he's banned. Never mind. =p)
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
killersteak at 8:15AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
I'M GOING TO HAVE MY HONEYMOON HEREE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
lefarce at 8:16AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
killersteak
I'M GOING TO HAVE MY HONEYMOON HEREE!

Honey you picked the most beautiful spot!

Take me here, right now!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Blues at 8:17AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
Aurora Moon
Blues
ozoneocean
skoolmunkee

How about an white fluffy cat dressed up like a british man in pinstripe pants and an top hat with a monocle?

Anyway, I agree with Radarig. I love DD, even with some of it's annoying flaws. And there's nothing you can say to change that.

(I'd love to see APC make his own website. Let's see him back up his tough talk with his walk… oh wait, he's banned. Never mind. =p)

Thanks for butchering the mental image of Dweedle :C
also with the APC stuff: Irrelevant, tough talk there with having a stab at someone you know can't reply back.

Anyway is there gonna be a post on what's happening with DD in a completely volte-less era?
theres this girl i know, she's a lovely person and all, but she's absolutely obsessed with me… she speaks to me on msn every day and says she loves me and wants to be with me forever, all that shit, theres just one problam…
she's my cousin
apparently (according to my mother) she spoke to my mother and asked if it was okay… my mum then proceeded to come in and say “go for it”
lefarce at 8:24AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
Someone
Anyway is there gonna be a post on what's happening with DD in a completely volte-less era?

10 bux forum accounts

SpANG at 8:27AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
Blues
There are a few things in the works right now. When anything becomes official, we'll let ya know. ;)
Blues
also with the APC stuff: Irrelevant, tough talk there with having a stab at someone you know can't reply back.
I checked. He's not banned forever. He's also gotten enough attention on a thread that isn't even about him.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Blues at 8:28AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
lefarce
Someone

10 bux forum accounts

I propose a new DD currency, Dweedle Dollars
she's my cousin
killersteak at 8:40AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
It's times like this I wonder, why is the DD Cam still there?
lefarce at 8:42AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
Blues
lefarce
Someone

10 bux forum accounts

Dweedle Dollars can be exchanged for Dweedle Dings, which allow you to lavish praise upon Dweedle in amounts ever so copious. We call this system the “Dweedle Democracy”.

killersteak at 9:01AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
lefarce
Blues
lefarce
Someone

10 bux forum accounts

Dweedle Dollars can be exchanged for Dweedle Dings, which allow you to lavish praise upon Dweedle in amounts ever so copious. We call this system the “Dweedle Democracy”.

That sounds absolutely delicious.
In my life I've always asked myself “What can I do to praise my dweedle more?”
Where does one sign up for this delightful system?
hpkomic at 9:07AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
Aurora Moon

Not APC, but I am working on something with someone.

Also, don't be a jerk.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
lefarce at 9:10AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
killersteak
lefarce
Blues
lefarce
Someone

10 bux forum accounts

That sounds absolutely delicious.
In my life I've always asked myself “What can I do to praise my dweedle more?”
Where does one sign up for this delightful system?

PQ me big boy, and I'll give you the skinny

darrell at 9:11AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
I know I'm a little late as the conversation has moved on but…

Thank you Volte6 for all the hard work you've put in over the years.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
Ozoneocean at 10:28AM, June 26, 2008
(online)
darrell
I know I'm a little late as the conversation has moved on but…
You aren't and it hasn't. That's still what the thread is about.
darrell
Thank you Volte6 for all the hard work you've put in over the years.
I'm sure Volte6 appreciates that very much :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:31PM
liz at 11:38AM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
So long, Volte, thanks for contributing so much to DD. =D
You will be sorely missed by all of us. <3

Updates every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! =D
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
skoolmunkee at 2:18PM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
lefarce

This is a great idea.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
SarahN at 5:10PM, June 26, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Best Joker ever! ^___^

Sarah's fears are groundless though. Mrdweedles is actually a pretty great guy, and Volte and him have set it up so that we'll be A-OK.

You'll see. :)

Alright then…but if DD gets dweedle dollars I'm running for hills. :nervous:
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Skullbie at 5:16PM, June 26, 2008
(online)
SarahN
but if DD gets dweedle dollars I'm running for hills. :nervous:
Yeah we'd need to keep it authentic to the site; DUCK BILLS
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:20PM, June 26, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
SarahN
but if DD gets dweedle dollars I'm running for hills. :nervous:

You made me laugh. :3
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
skoolmunkee at 2:06AM, June 27, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie

That is actually what they used to be called.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
krisikas at 5:57AM, June 27, 2008
(offline)
:cry2:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Red Slayer at 11:14AM, June 27, 2008
(online)
Aurora Moon
Someone needs to draw this PRONTO!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
skoolmunkee at 2:07PM, June 27, 2008
(offline)
Deleted a couple posts. Next person who mentions APC in this thread gets frozen for a day :)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 5:56PM, June 27, 2008
(offline)
skoolmunkee
Skullbie

That is actually what they used to be called.

That's pretty awesome.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
Fenn at 2:08AM, June 28, 2008
(offline)
Red Slayer
Aurora Moon
Someone needs to draw this PRONTO!
O RLY?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
skoolmunkee at 4:01AM, June 28, 2008
(offline)
I think Mr Dweedles should use that as his avatar now.
IT'S OLD BATMAN

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon