Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your Fatal Flaw
Mitaukano at 2:35AM, Jan. 22, 2011
(online)
I get defensive. excessively so when it comes to people questioning my intellect or as I'd like to say “mah brains”. I enjoy talking like a hobo yokel with the occasional giant word of doom thrown in for good measure. I.E “Yew and yer damn plebeian logic!”
My friends are used to my quirky but when people start questioning my intelligence or making fun of my spellings errors I lash out. Usually there is a verbal retort, then I go cry for an hour cause when i get really angry I cry. Angry tears suck btw.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
AQua_ng at 8:37AM, Jan. 22, 2011
(offline)
Due to my inability to articulate my thoughts, I usually don't finish my

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
ramlama at 2:24PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Does an obsessive need to have the last word count? I'm preemptively shaking my fist at anyone who posts after me. Don't make me give you a wag of the finger…

Honestly: I fall into the role of therapist at the drop of a hat, partly because my metacognition never likes to rest and partly because I'm a very service oriented person- so when people need to talk, I pick up on the cues pretty quick and can make the situation more comfortable for them. But I'm dreadfully afraid of manipulating people, and that same metacognition kicks my ass- if I'm working against my own interests, or helping someone in their interests, I can be a smooth bastard. If there's something *I* want, though, I become one of the most awkward people you could be around.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Red Slayer at 9:07PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
AQua_ng
Due to my inability to articulate my thoughts, I usually don't finish my
Orgasms?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Ozoneocean at 9:55PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
ramlama
Does an obsessive need to have the last word count? I'm preemptively shaking my fist at anyone who posts after me. Don't make me give you a wag of the finger…
The opposite with me, in the forums at least.
I HATE being the last post in a thread :(

ramlama
Honestly: I fall into the role of therapist at the drop of a hat, partly because my metacognition never likes to rest and partly because I'm a very service oriented person- so when people need to talk, I pick up on the cues pretty quick and can make the situation more comfortable for them. But I'm dreadfully afraid of manipulating people, and that same metacognition kicks my ass- if I'm working against my own interests, or helping someone in their interests, I can be a smooth bastard. If there's something *I* want, though, I become one of the most awkward people you could be around.

Reminds me of a flaw of my own: Failure at smalltalk. -_-

I can do BIGtalk just fine. In fact I'd much rather jump straight into talking about big issues and things!
But smalltalk leaves me drowning.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Genejoke at 11:37PM, Jan. 26, 2011
(online)
Someone
Failure at smalltalk. -_-
HAH!
I know that one very well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
demontales at 4:45PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
Someone
Someone Said:
Failure at smalltalk. -_-

HAH!
I know that one very well.

Same here
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:10PM
Dave7 at 4:58PM, Jan. 27, 2011
(online)
I have a bunch, but I'd say my biggest is that I worry way to much about everything, even (or rather especially) things I have no control over. Seriously, it's gotten to the point where I'm on medication just to cope with the anxiety.
Post your concerns about the preview page! Support raw html! http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics
]http://getsatisfaction.com/drunkduck/topics

“That is not dead can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons death may die.”
~H.P. Lovecraft

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
Mr_Gekiga at 12:14PM, March 2, 2011
(online)
Not to be facetious.
Besides intense fear and insecurity in the unknown and in myself. I worry too much about being social and chasing booty than getting down to business and paying attention to what really matters in life.

It's set me back for 15 years, and is the sole reason behind most of my problems.
“Ninjas are a lot like cockroaches. For every one you kill, there's thousands nesting in your walls.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
therealtj at 8:52PM, March 2, 2011
(online)
This probably sounds arrogant but I've recently come to believe that I am far too good at acting. I was in several small plays as a little kid and got A LOT of compliments but just assumed they were being overly nice. Yet, it seems whenever I pretend to be something (ie sad, angry etc.) for the sake of a joke, people think I'm serious. Even when I try to make it abundantly clear I'm not. Half the time, even people who know I joke a lot will ask if I'm serious or not.

Aside from that, procrastination. I would elaborate, but I'm supposed to be working on homework that was due last week.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
machinehead at 5:37PM, March 3, 2011
(online)
This seems like a loaded question. If you were to ask me, sure I have some flaws, but nothing i'd consider fatal. If you were to ask my wife I don't think you could get her to shut up about all my flaws.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
Ozoneocean at 7:52AM, March 4, 2011
(online)
My fatal flaw is that I can't read minds. :(
Seems to be an expected trait when you're a graphic designer with female co-workers.

…just give me ALL the info I need and save us BOTH a crap load of work ladies. -_-

That's unfair, I know; everyone, regardless of gender, expects graphic designers to read minds. Sadly, I can't.
ramlama at 8:36AM, March 4, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
My fatal flaw is that I can't read minds. :(
Seems to be an expected trait when you're a graphic designer with female co-workers.

…just give me ALL the info I need and save us BOTH a crap load of work ladies. -_-

That's unfair, I know; everyone, regardless of gender, expects graphic designers to read minds. Sadly, I can't.
Psh. People are fickle. Even if you read their minds now, they'll change them later. One of my worst habits when I was doing graphic design is I figured out that there were some clients that would ALWAYS ask for x number of revisions, so I would intentionally create flaws in the designs I was making for them. Then I'd fix the problem, send them the flawed version. When they got back to me to ask me to tweak the problem, I'd say “I'll get to that as quick as I can”, go grab some lunch, and come back and mail the updated version lightly touched up so that it seemed like I'd paid attention to their suggestions ._.

…which let me get a reputation of being customer friendly with a very fast response time. Go figure. Course, it only worked with clients that I'd already worked with four or five times. Everyone else I had to actually do my job >.>

—————–
My other fatal flaw is that I experience disproportionately little satisfaction from my accomplishments. When I try to explain examples, I feel like I'm bragging, but the fact of it is that I'm driven to accomplish bigger and bigger things because I'm not satisfied by anything less than something just beyond my reach. It's potentially fatal in a literal kind of way, having led me to overextend myself in acutely dangerous ways. Kinda like that kid in a martial arts anime that keeps getting up no matter how badly they get beaten each time. If I can't walk, I'll crawl. And if I can't crawl, I'll claw at the dirt in that direction one inch at a time >.>

The most traumatic experience in my life was saying “I give up” and collapsing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:00PM
Ozoneocean at 9:06AM, March 4, 2011
(online)
ramlama
One of my worst habits when I was doing graphic design is I figured out that there were some clients that would ALWAYS ask for x number of revisions, so I would intentionally create flaws in the designs I was making for them. Then I'd fix the problem, send them the flawed version.
Yeah… I sort of do that in that I create a version of the work to their crazy specifications and a second version that I think is a lot more sensible in a hidden layer underneath.
-Surprising how many times I end up using that hidden layer.

Also when I create different versions to be sent out to a client, then the client gets back that they want such and such an option and I should delete the others, I ALWAYS make secret backups of the other options because 50% of the time they come back again and want the “deleted” option- which I say I have to re-create :)

-But, thank goodness those co-workers are a buffer between me and the clients!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon