Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, ETCETERA! 2013/2014
Lonnehart at 8:12PM, Feb. 7, 2013
(online)
Wow… I learn something new every day I guess. I was looking up the police misconduct article on Wikipedia and I read this section about how the citizenry have been recording police misconduct using their mobile phones, etc… The response? Laws enacted to make it a crime to film police, the policemen themselves confiscating said mobile devices to delete/destroy the recordings. Now I feel A LOT LESS SAFE around the police. X_X

Star Trek Online has been celebrating its 3rd anniversary for a while now (ending on Febuary 14). One of the giveaways is something I've always wanted. The Ambassador class starship.

I'm pretty sure the top tier version will start being sold in the game's cash shop, but for now it can be had for free upon completion of a mission.

Oh… and some system reqs so no one downloads the thing only to find they can't run it.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=560461
gullas at 10:31AM, Feb. 8, 2013
(offline)
I have been feeling a bit unmotivated lately with my comic making, music and schoolwork… *sigh* So I've been in these leftist group, mostly Marxist Dialectic discussion group that decided to run for the upcoming parlimental elections in april-may. I'm being mildly optimistic about these elections although I'm fairly confident that the right wing party is going to win it, the facist movement usually has it's shiny moments during times of recession (at least it has, historically wise)…

Well this weekend my brother is coming over, we're going to see a concert tomorrow and probably gonna check out the “Dust 514” test/show downtown tomorrow (CCP's fps that's connected to EVE online). It's probably gonna be fun, and I might just get the right ammount of motivation to stay on track :
Ozoneocean at 9:16PM, Feb. 8, 2013
(online)
Lonne- That's crap about police doing that! On the other side though, most people I've ever seen record police on their phones or cameras are real arseholes about it even when the police are just doing their job normally… So you have to wonder: Was it a motive of wanting to cover corruption that influenced this, or was it the aggressive attitude of those who usually do it?
I don't know myself.

Gullas - I hope your left-wing party gets in! The right just tend to bugger things up worse usually with their extreme social conservatism. Sometimes right-wing groups are economically progressive, but unfortunately you can't depend on that, usually their motive is “let's make the super wealthy friends of our party even richer and screw everyone else!”.
Ozoneocean at 11:22AM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
The Carnivale think my sculpture was a part of ened in a masquarade ball.
The description said to cross dress, so I did.

1. I was the ONLY person who did that.
2. Everyone thought I was a woman and not a man in a dress anyway, so it was like I wasn't even IN costume.
3. Many awkward moments with guys.
4. One hilarious moment when I told some people I was a guy and they were squeezing my fake boobs and a lady who didn't know smacked one of the guys for touching my tit! ^_^
5. Girl clothes are nasty to dance in. TOO hot!
Lonnehart at 2:46PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
I'm pretty sure the ordinances passed were there to protect the police from people aggressively taking movies of the police as it might interfere with their work. What concerns me are the police who are illegally confiscating mobile devices to delete/destroy evidence. If they were just going on about their day to day work or were following their procedures the movies would show that, right?
Gunwallace at 2:59PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
The Carnivale … said to cross dress, so I did.

1. I was the ONLY person who did that.

Please let there be pictures for us of this ;-)
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
gullas at 4:32PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:

5. Girl clothes are nasty to dance in. TOO hot!
Please Ozone, you're wayTOO hot (^_-)
Ozoneocean at 11:38PM, Feb. 9, 2013
(online)
@gullas - totally!

@Gunwallce - Ha! My friend took some. I may post a couple when I get them.
It was more like being in disguise than being in drag.
bravo1102 at 1:54AM, Feb. 11, 2013
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@gullas - totally!

@Gunwallce - Ha! My friend took some. I may post a couple when I get them.
It was more like being in disguise than being in drag.
And now to create the life and loves of your long lost identical twin sister. I find it Pythonesque that you could carry it off! That's great.
I did something similar long time ago by going to a Society of Creative Anachronism event in a long wig and beard. No one recognized me and I got phone numbers from women I already knew.
But I'm too hairy to do drag. My one experience in trunk hose for a Shakespearian dress up a few years back was bad enough.
Ozoneocean at 7:32AM, Feb. 12, 2013
(online)
These days I shave so there's that hurdle overcome… Didn't get rid of my sideburns, but the long hair covered that well enough.
One thing though; I found I didn't like being “in disguise” in that I prefer to be noticed and known for myself rather than a false construction, The fun thing is knowing that you CAN do it I suppose. The funny thing is people I've known have asked to see me drag up since the ‘90s, but I never have till then.

Love to see pics of you in costume Bravo! Hopefully my friend will be able to gove me some pics of my own performance, all I have are my solo pics but I’d rather see what I looked like at the party in context.

—————

Now onto something different. Our live play on the Quackcast was a SMASH!
http://www.drunkduck.com/quackcast/episode-112-live-play-operation-moon
Call Me Tom at 2:47PM, Feb. 13, 2013
(offline)
Spring Is on it's way! I know this because my beard is turning blond!
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
Genejoke at 11:16PM, Feb. 13, 2013
(online)
Sorry tom, those aren't blobde hairs but grey. you're getting old.
joking aside it's funny how the body is attuned because there is no way it is changing because of the tempreture, there's nothing spring like about that at the moment.
bravo1102 at 12:32AM, Feb. 14, 2013
(offline)
Where I live it's spring three days a week and winter the other four in no particular order. It's ridiculous when it's 60 degrees F one week and there's a foot of snow three days later and then 50 degrees F and 12 degrees F a day after that.

Punxsutawny Phil has gone schizo.
Nicotine at 2:08AM, Feb. 14, 2013
(online)
I haven't been on DD for almost two years, yet everything looks as it did in 2011. xD I wonder if they're going to *ever* fix things, ha. But it does feel great to see this site again. I've been drawing pages for my comic like mad after so long, it's weird how/when inspiration hits you…
Call Me Tom at 3:02AM, Feb. 14, 2013
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
there's nothing spring like about that at the moment.

What do you mean? It's wet, It's cold and its miserable if that's not the start of spring I don't know what is!
gullas at 5:47AM, Feb. 14, 2013
(offline)
Gragh… I am actually tempted to change my user name to “Sickllas” or something. 3rd time this year I get something, I hate it!
Well last night I was doing an assignment, small one were I was supposed to find an article, make a summary out of it and compare it to a theme that Social workers use in health care. Took maybe about 1- 1 1/2 hours or so but then word didn't want to save it, and my assignment was lost! Luckily in my anger/frustration, I remembered most of what I had wrote so in the end I actually made a better one than the one I originally had done…. at least that was something….
Ozoneocean at 8:40AM, Feb. 14, 2013
(online)
@Nicotine- good to have you back! ^_^

@Gullas- That's why I use Google docs (https://drive.google.com ) for all my wordpro stuff now. Constantly saves, available on any device you sign in with etc.
It's great for writing!
It fails on the limited formatying options, having to be online to edit, and no right click copy and paste options (have to use cntrl + keyboard shortcuts), but it's better than word crashing and you can always copy and paste your finished work into word for more advanced formatting later,
last edited on Feb. 14, 2013 8:42AM
gullas at 2:57PM, Feb. 14, 2013
(offline)

ozoneocean
wrote:

@Gullas- That's why I use Google docs for all my wordpro stuff now. Constantly saves, available on any device you sign in with etc.
It's great for writing!
It fails on the limited formatying options, having to be online to edit, and no right click copy and paste options (have to use cntrl + keyboard shortcuts), but it's better than word crashing and you can always copy and paste your finished work into word for more advanced formatting later,

Yeah I use Google docs when I'm in group assignments, usually when we have 4+ person… it's easier to manage, but I agree it's pain to edit it from docs to anything else :/
last edited on Feb. 14, 2013 3:00PM
Lonnehart at 4:16PM, Feb. 14, 2013
(online)
Wow. The Crazies are coming out of the woodwork. You know all those shootings in the mainland US? Well, I knew it would happen here eventually, and it did. A couple nights ago a 20 year old guy drove into the hotel district and ran over as many people as he could (including two babies). When he somehow lost control and crashed into a store, he got out of his car and started stabbing everyone he could reach before the police showed up to subdue him.
Twopeople lost their lives that day. Fourteen more were seriously injured. All were tourists. The reason? He wanted to hurt as many people as possible. Well, he may have wounded the island with his action. Guam relies on tourists (especially JAPANESE tourists) for its revenue. Thanks to this crazy oriental guy those tourists may be scared to come here. Mind you this sort of thing almost never happens here and Guam is a lot safer than the mainland.

I hope this thing doesn't happen where you're all at… :(
BffSatan at 8:16PM, Feb. 14, 2013
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
Wow. The Crazies are coming out of the woodwork. You know all those shootings in the mainland US? Well, I knew it would happen here eventually, and it did. A couple nights ago a 20 year old guy drove into the hotel district and ran over as many people as he could (including two babies). When he somehow lost control and crashed into a store, he got out of his car and started stabbing everyone he could reach before the police showed up to subdue him.
Twopeople lost their lives that day. Fourteen more were seriously injured. All were tourists. The reason? He wanted to hurt as many people as possible. Well, he may have wounded the island with his action. Guam relies on tourists (especially JAPANESE tourists) for its revenue. Thanks to this crazy oriental guy those tourists may be scared to come here. Mind you this sort of thing almost never happens here and Guam is a lot safer than the mainland.

People can be pretty terrible sometimes.
I don't think you have to worry too much about an impact to tourism though, I doubt this story would get much attention outside of Guam and whatever countries the victims were from.
Ozoneocean at 9:13PM, Feb. 14, 2013
(online)
Lucky he didn't have a gun or he'd have been quite a lot more dangerous.
What an imbecile. A selfish, horribile, stupid excuse for a human being! :(

——————–

The DD awards are stating up! Time to discuss them! http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/175464/
Lonnehart at 2:12AM, Feb. 15, 2013
(online)
BffSatan wrote:
Lonnehart wrote:

People can be pretty terrible sometimes.
I don't think you have to worry too much about an impact to tourism though, I doubt this story would get much attention outside of Guam and whatever countries the victims were from.
Unfortunately this has become big news in Japan. They see Guam as a very safe place compared to the rest of the U.S. so when something like this happens they become very concerned. Still, I hope for the best…
Ozoneocean at 4:48AM, Feb. 16, 2013
(online)
Japan has far worse violence than what you told us in your story Lonne. It'll blow over. It's not like it was terrorism or a crazy gunman. Still really, really awful of course though! :(

——–

OK, two pics from my drag act:

Real glamour babe.
Lonnehart at 5:15AM, Feb. 16, 2013
(online)
Wow… some people look great in drag. Not gonna try that myself, however. I don't look good in a dress… not even a kilt. I'm tempted to try it, though. But then my nieces would probably freak out that their uncle has become their aunt… :)
Gunwallace at 12:47PM, Feb. 16, 2013
(offline)
Nice outfit, Ozone … you make a bonza sheila, fair dinkum, as hot a a roo's carcass on the tarmac at noon … .
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
gullas at 9:08PM, Feb. 16, 2013
(offline)
huh could've fooled me if you'd claimed to be your sister/niece, ozone…
Ozoneocean at 10:28PM, Feb. 16, 2013
(online)
Thank ya boys! Now who'll buy me a drink?

My sister is much prettier than me! ;)

——–

I recorded the Quackcast last night, had a gooood long chat with TheJimmy from Been Beter. The trouble is, it didn't record!!!! T_T
Have to try again tonight.
bravo1102 at 1:08AM, Feb. 18, 2013
(offline)
People fell for that. Now I am beginning to understand how Bugs Bunny in drag was always able to fool guys.

I wouldn't be able to fool anyone even in a burka.

And I finally started photography on the new comic and the first three pages are done. And I shot forty pictures to use four. A new all-time record for me.
Call Me Tom at 10:10AM, Feb. 19, 2013
(offline)
Why the hell are there no mens trousers with an inside Leg Length of 37in? There all 36in or 38in what the hell! I can't be the only one with that leg measurement! I mean I'm not that tall!
Katch at 1:57PM, Feb. 19, 2013
(offline)
LOL OMG Ozone. Dem pictures, and more importantly. DAT ASS. Haha.
You're silly~
In other more irritating news, the only thing worse than cold, is WET and cold. SUDDENLY…RAIN!
= 3 = I feel like wet rat, i'm sure I look it too. BLEH. My old lady joints aren't happy with this.
Something goes here

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon