The Drunk Duck Fashion Forum

MARCH MADNESS 2015 : THE DRUNK DUCK FASHION PARADE
fallopiancrusader at 9:11AM, March 15, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
“Dune Brat” modeled by Orn, from "Deadfingers" by PeiPei
HippieVan at 10:04AM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 3,003
joined: 3-15-2008
These are so incredible, fallopiancrusader!
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Peipei at 10:22AM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 522
joined: 7-18-2006
Wow…Fallopiancrusader, this is just beautiful! I've never seen anyone pump out such nice art in such a short amount of time! I love it! This outfit suits Orn in a girly way! The design is just entirely supurb! Thank you, this is fricken sweet! :D


I like Pie!
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:27AM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 505
joined: 3-23-2007
Wow. That is so breathtakingly stunning. Top-notch professional work, fallopiancrusader! This belongs on a poster-size display board on 5th Avenue.

I once tried to sew leg warmers that were similar to the ones Orn is wearing in the picture, only they were white. I really want to go outside right now and see someone walking down the street in this outfit.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
fallopiancrusader at 1:58PM, March 15, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
Thanks for the kind comments! @Kawaiidaigakusei: I made a pair of leg warmers like that once, out of silver sequined fabric. I used elastic at the top to keep them up. They were long enough to cover up my 6 inch platform shoes, similarly to what Orn's are doing. They're a great accessory for Burning Man.
last edited on March 15, 2015 1:59PM
Nitemare2004 at 4:53PM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 9
joined: 7-31-2014
Here is my first attempt at designing clothes XD First off, Roxy from “Deadfingers” by Peipei
last edited on March 15, 2015 4:55PM
Nitemare2004 at 4:58PM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 9
joined: 7-31-2014
Next up, the matriarch, Orlaith, from “Deathfingers” by Peipei.
Peipei at 5:20PM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 522
joined: 7-18-2006
Thanks Nitemare2004! Nice to see you've made use of my shoe graphic piece for the Orlaith pic, haha! xD Very simplistic style for the designs, yet they are unique and clean in appearance. I honestly never imagined Roxy to wear pants and Orlaith to wear white! Very nice my friend ^^!


I like Pie!
KimLuster at 6:03PM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
FC…!  That… is just jaw-dropping…!!  Wow! Wow! Wow!  And I love the elegance of Nightmare's designs!!  I think I've used up my ‘Wow!’ quota this month…!!
VinoMas at 6:04PM, March 15, 2015
(online)
posts: 317
joined: 1-6-2006
Keep them coming!  Everything looks so great!  Also check out the latest upcoming Quackcast!  Both Vino Mas and Travis Michael Moore are on hand with Ozone and Banes to talk about the DRUNK DUCK FASHION FORUM!!!  The newest and most exciting forum yet!
plymayer at 12:58AM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
Submitted for Fallopiancrusader's Khthonis doll.
last edited on March 16, 2015 2:06AM
KimLuster at 4:30AM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
Never imagined Khthonis looking good in a Pink Dress!  I was wrong!  Lovely!
plymayer at 5:02AM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
It was the absurdity of it that made want to do it.
KimLuster wrote:
Never imagined Khthonis looking good in a Pink Dress!  I was wrong!  Lovely!
fallopiancrusader at 7:43AM, March 16, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
@ Plymayer: Too hilarious! When I was in pre-school and I heard the story of Little Bo Peep for the very first time, that's exactly the image that came to my mind!
plymayer at 10:05AM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
:)  Thanks kind of what I was going for.  Glad you like it.
fallopiancrusader wrote:
@ Plymayer: Too hilarious! When I was in pre-school and I heard the story of Little Bo Peep for the very first time, that's exactly the image that came to my mind!
KimLuster at 7:29PM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
Princess January modeling Double Cross!
So I saw the preview for ‘The Royals’, a new TV drama about the (fictional) British Royal Family.  Elizabeth Hurley is the Queen and I liked the way she looked and dressed - simple elegance!  So that's what I attempted with our own Drunk Duck Royalty, Princess January (takin' a selfie)!
.I call this outfit ‘Double Cross’:  Ya know, the two crosses, the play on words, vampires and crosses…
.
For the larger image, visit Godstrain Extras
last edited on March 17, 2015 4:50AM
fallopiancrusader at 9:16PM, March 16, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
I love the dress! It reminds me of that Christian LaCroix jacket from 1988. The big question is: would a vampire show up in a selfie, or is an iPhone like a mirror?
last edited on March 16, 2015 9:22PM
plymayer at 9:36PM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
Dracula didn't show up in a picture in The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973), which took place in the early 70s.
fallopiancrusader wrote:
I love the dress! It reminds me of that Christian LaCroix jacket from 1988. The big question is: would a vampire show up in a selfie, or is an iPhone like a mirror?
plymayer at 11:47PM, March 16, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
KimLuster's Kimber Lee dressed as the goth girl friend.

Paper doll submitted for the DD fashion show. 

last edited on March 17, 2015 8:45AM
KimLuster at 4:20AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
fallopiancrusader wrote:
I love the dress! It reminds me of that Christian LaCroix jacket from 1988. The big question is: would a vampire show up in a selfie, or is an iPhone like a mirror?
Thanks!  And I was supposed to mention that in my text body as well, but plain forgot!!  Something like “Takin' a Selfie she can't see!”
KimLuster at 4:24AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
plymayer wrote:
KimLuster's Kimber Lee dressed as the goth girl friend…
And I love it!  I have a scene planned (won't happen for several months) where Kimber Lee might just wear something like this for a night!
KimLuster at 4:27AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
Anne's Rice's Vampires certainly could show up in mirrors and photos, though - I guess different writers just decide what to keep from the legends and what to toss out! :D
fallopiancrusader at 7:44AM, March 17, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
The vampires in “Being Human” (the British version, of course!) didn't show up in videos, which made for some funny scenes. So the legend certainly is up to interpretation.
fallopiancrusader at 7:52AM, March 17, 2015
(offline)
posts: 253
joined: 12-27-2013
@plymayer: That sheer skirt/garter belt combo is just too sexy!
bravo1102 at 8:00AM, March 17, 2015
(offline)
posts: 5,077
joined: 1-21-2008
Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.
usedbooks at 8:08AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 3,146
joined: 2-24-2007
@plymayer:
When you post an image, delete all the stuff from the location that follows the .jpg (so, start deleting at the ? ).
plymayer at 10:40AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
Sorry, I'm an old pervert at heart.   A nice guy in reality.
fallopiancrusader wrote:
@plymayer: That sheer skirt/garter belt combo is just too sexy!
plymayer at 10:41AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
Thanks.  I have a hard time keeping the images from going bad.
usedbooks wrote:
@plymayer:
When you post an image, delete all the stuff from the location that follows the .jpg (so, start deleting at the ? ).
plymayer at 10:44AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 86
joined: 11-5-2008
There's something more to it than that.  Not sure what.  In the novel Dracula could walk about at noon.  Something about not casting shaddows.   
There is a reason for the none image thing.  Don't remember what it is.
Of course, authors after Stoker are free to do what ever makes the story better…

bravo1102 wrote:
Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.
KimLuster at 10:54AM, March 17, 2015
(online)
posts: 795
joined: 5-15-2012
plymayer wrote:
There's something more to it than that.  Not sure what.  In the novel Dracula could walk about at noon.  Something about not casting shaddows.   
There is a reason for the none image thing.  Don't remember what it is.
Of course, authors after Stoker are free to do what ever makes the story better…

bravo1102 wrote:
Not shoiwng up on film or mirrors makes is awfully hard to be self-absorbed and narcissistic. Maybe if a vampire is totally narcissistic they can will themselves to appear in mirrors and selfies so they can admire themselves.
  
It has to do with belief about souls I think…  Shadows and Refections could show the soul, I think (a belief held by some groups today - they won't let you take their picture) - and since Vampires are ‘soulless monsters’… ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+