Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Tourist here
The Tourist at 7:04AM, July 22, 2018
(offline)
Hello good people of the Duck.
I am ‘The Tourist’ spent my working life in allied crafts and now in my dotage and with time on my hands am looking to have a go at comics as a hobby and for fun. Im a little embarrassed that my style of art is rather old school. I have joined a number of forums primarily for the purpose of networking my way to finding a collaborative partner.
I am primarily interested in short stories, Horror or slice of life. I think I would struggle on sci fi thought maybe if a retro style was acceptable -anything else I would be hopeless.
I will go and have my coco now :)
Genejoke at 8:25AM, July 22, 2018
(online)
Nowt wrong with old school, these forums can be quiet at times but there are some regular peeps who are always helpful.
I have a short story project project bubbling away in the background that I'm looking for artists for. I have some short scripts by the rather talented Gunwallace that are four pages each if you might be interested. feel free to PM me.
The Tourist at 10:56AM, July 22, 2018
(offline)
Genejoke wrote:
Nowt wrong with old school, –
I have to finish my current comic. Im struggling to be original :)
- I Thought I should build up a portfolio and randomly picked a 50's short comic story to reimagine for lack of anything else
Original here for the interested:The Original Stranger story

I didnt think the ending was good, so Im toying with that at the mo
But I will read short scripts. Of course Im looking for challenge, originality, and cleverness.
A few key words that stop me reading further
Assassins
Gods
Angels
Cowboys
Anamorphic stuff
Space marines
oh yes the real biggy ‘Super hero’
The number of pitches that start off good and then one of the above is tossed in… :)
Im rabbiting on somewhat here..
Banes at 4:38PM, July 24, 2018
(offline)
Hi, Tourist! Welcome to the site! I don't have any scripts at the moment, but would definitely like to see some more short horror stuff around here!

The Tourist at 1:09AM, July 25, 2018
(offline)
Banes wrote:
Hi, Tourist! Welcome to the site! I don't have any scripts at the moment, but would definitely like to see some more short horror stuff around here!

Well Hello There,
Im currently plowing my way through Scot Mclouds ‘Understanding Comics’ Its going to take a while to internalize. Meanwhile Im casting an eye over short scripts. Helps tremendously if the writer is familiar with comic convention and able to direct this novice. Learning from the old horror comics look woefully inadequate. I wonder if I will live long enough lol
Avart at 9:38AM, July 27, 2018
(offline)
Welcome my friend, have fun!
The Tourist at 2:04AM, July 28, 2018
(offline)
Avart wrote:
Welcome my friend, have fun!

Thank you.
Its a great form of expression, particularly if one has something to say -Which I dont, well not in any coherent sense. The ultimate crime in comics, as I see it, is being boring. I think my out put is going to be slow :)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon