Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Captain Picard is coming back
Banes at 9:01PM, Aug. 4, 2018
(offline)

Patrick Stewart is starring in a new Star Trek series as Jean-Luc Picard!

They're still in early development; I have no idea what it's going to be like.

But I gotta admit, I'm pretty darned excited to see this!

last edited on Aug. 5, 2018 7:52AM
bravo1102 at 5:00AM, Aug. 5, 2018
(offline)
Well he's done just about everything else since ST:TNG ended so might as well climb back into the captain's chair. Or maybe a Star Trek Indiana Jones thing like he had going with Vash.

Or the long anticipated JAG:Star Fleet. 🤣🤣

He's been able to do the Shakespeare he could want, he did Captain Ahab, Scrooge, Lion in Winter and even himself a few times maybe it is time to revisit Picard. (Hmmm Picard as a latter day Falstaff to an upcoming officer?)
Banes at 7:58AM, Aug. 5, 2018
(offline)
Yeah, it might be very different from what we've seen before, according to what Stewart has said (he emphasized that it MIGHT be different. Like Picard MAY not be a Captain anymore).

It'll be neat to see how the 24th Century is doing; we haven't seen it in a long time, and there are TONS of characters (TNG, DS9, VOY) that it'd be nice to catch up with!

kawaiidaigakusei at 12:25PM, Aug. 5, 2018
(online)
He also is Professor Xavier in X-Men and was in the stage play of Waiting for Godot with Ian Maclellan. He should continue acting for as long as there is air in his lungs.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
usedbooks at 4:02PM, Aug. 5, 2018
(online)
My vision: He plays Picard, but he's now retired, and the entire show is a light drama about running a vineyard.

And Q shows up now and then just to drink wine because he's retired too.
Genejoke at 4:48PM, Aug. 5, 2018
(online)
As long as they get wil weaton in it ad we.
Ozoneocean at 8:34PM, Aug. 5, 2018
(online)
Maybe they'll rein things back in from the reboot shit they've made since Voyager ended?
bravo1102 at 1:20AM, Aug. 6, 2018
(offline)
usedbooks wrote:
My vision: He plays Picard, but he's now retired, and the entire show is a light drama about running a vineyard.

And Q shows up now and then just to drink wine because he's retired too.
Picard takes over for Boothby as the gardener at Star Fleet Academy. With guest appearances by John de Lancie and Robert Picardo. It'll be Star Trek meets Going in Style.
Gunwallace at 6:11PM, Aug. 7, 2018
(offline)
I like the Starfleet Academy angle, Bravo, but how about Picard in a John Houseman type role as the grumpy lecturer being challenged by his young students? Star Trek meets Paper Chase.

Or perhaps Picard is now a homeless Vet living on the streets in a series that exposes the dark underside to the supposed utopia that the Federation is. Each episode he meets a person in need of help (special guest stars) and rights a wrong … from small things to do with replicator privileges or water rights, to epic tales of Starfleet corruption and sinister alien plots with time travel and soup kitchens. In series two he is teamed up with a small orphan girl who teaches him to love again. The show is cancelled halfway through season two.
David ‘Gunwallace’ Tulloch, www.virtuallycomics.com
Ozoneocean at 8:16PM, Aug. 7, 2018
(online)
Gunwallace wrote:
Come on, own up… you want all the parts played by traffic cones don't you?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon