Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Angels of the Fallen
BustyLaroo at 12:28PM, Dec. 5, 2018
(offline)
Hello all! Here with my monthly post about Angels of the Fallen.
A modern fantasy type story about a young woman, her friends, and their quest to save their world. Humor, Romance, Action, Adventure. Rated pg-13

Updates mondays and thursdays. I crave feedback so please feel free to leave comments/critiques on the pages! <3

Link is here: COMIC!

last edited on May 4, 2019 6:27AM
BustyLaroo at 3:42PM, May 3, 2019
(offline)
Wow frick I haven't posted here in months. xD The comic has actually been updating on a regular basis!

Go have a read, let me know what you think! :D
Ozoneocean at 6:28AM, May 4, 2019
(online)
Well it's still as good as ever :)
BustyLaroo at 2:58PM, May 4, 2019
(offline)
Aww thank you :3 <3 <3 <3
BustyLaroo at 6:53PM, May 4, 2019
(offline)
Just a quick update to say I … updated … my chapter one title page. :P

No more pointy nose-pirate-cloak nonsense!

Avart at 12:13PM, May 5, 2019
(offline)
Wow! This art is really good! Although the original is very good too I noticed here a deeper color and more contrast (maybe you've already fixed your scanner perhaps?) but overall, it's a more intriguing cover. Good job!
BustyLaroo at 2:47PM, May 5, 2019
(offline)
HAH. ohhh scanners… Lol I did manage to adjust the settings a bit to pick up the reds better! I also figured out some good adjustment settings for when I'm cleaning up the image. Other than that, this version was colored with watercolors (m graham and daniel smith) vs the first one with markers (prismacolors that were past their prime).

I'll be redoing the title pages for chapters 2-5 as well, so that all of them have a more interesting image. :D
BustyLaroo at 2:50PM, May 5, 2019
(offline)
Avart wrote:
Wow! This art is really good! Although the original is very good too I noticed here a deeper color and more contrast (maybe you've already fixed your scanner perhaps?) but overall, it's a more intriguing cover. Good job!

Also thank you very much <3 :D
Ozoneocean at 12:27AM, May 6, 2019
(online)
That really pops :)

The loss of colour in the scanning process was one of the big reasons I went fully digital: I can more easily retain all intended effects and artefacts without losing things or accidentally introducing new ones.

But it's actually really refreshing to see well done analogue work these days when almost everyone is digital now.
BustyLaroo at 6:23AM, May 9, 2019
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
That really pops :)

The loss of colour in the scanning process was one of the big reasons I went fully digital: I can more easily retain all intended effects and artefacts without losing things or accidentally introducing new ones.

But it's actually really refreshing to see well done analogue work these days when almost everyone is digital now.

Oh yeah, the clean up on a traditional piece presents all sorts of challenges…! (Not that I'm saying I'm all that much better for dealing with it) And I know these days you can get some beautiful textures from custom brushes digitally, But I really do love the feel of working with paper, pens and paint. Plus, some of my favorite comics (Blacksad :o) are done traditionally, so those help to inspire me. Plus I've already spent way too much money on art supplies so I need to use it up. lmao
BustyLaroo at 6:43AM, June 17, 2019
(offline)
Just popping in with my monthly “Hey I'm still alive” :D

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon