Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How would Hollywood mess up your comic?
IronHorseComics at 9:06AM, June 25, 2019
(online)
ozoneocean wrote:
@Ironhorse

Yep, ALL the cars would be wrong. That'd be the biggest change :)
They'd want to do deals with Toyota, GM etc so you'd only be able to have certain boring bands represented.

No they'd make all the cars from Mini, Fiat without Ferrari, all the terrible European petrol brands, the Chinese bootlegs of said brands, and worst of all Smart cars. I'd rather see my Rav4 on the race track than one of those things.
You can read Fluffy 500 right here! https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/Fluffy_500/
Pencilz at 7:28AM, June 26, 2019
(offline)
It wouldn't be Hollywood if they didn't put a love interest where it didn't belong. Or by changing some huge aspect of the story/characters to appeal to a wider audience.

ShaRose49 at 12:08PM, June 26, 2019
(offline)
MegaRdaniels wrote:
It would be SJWed to death. The female protagonist would be downplayed (she will not be goofy, silly, or egotistical),

Aaack, I’d be so afraid of this!

For one thing, they’d probably do it live-action instead of animated, :/ but if done well it could still be good…

But yeah, like you said about it getting SJWed, my most iconic character is female, but she’s probably “too nice” and somehow “not strong enough” to be a REAL female superhero, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they took away the weaknesses that come with her powerful abilities, and just make her some crazy powerful woman who acts so tough that she doesn’t even seem human.

And if they were going that route, they might make Bluemist into a bumbling sidekick, (which is pretty offensive to me), and make Kairo even more twisted, and just make the dudes kind of unlikeable just so we all looove this female hero, yuchhh.

That aside, they’d probably make it either super-cheesy or super edgy, taking out the most emotional scenes because they want these heroes to seem all tough and strong, as if expressing emotions in ways other than violence is somehow weak or lame. I can’t think of anything else at the moment XD except for them taking out or watering down any religious beliefs some of the characters have

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon