Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DD Community Feedback and all that Jazz
Tantz_Aerine at 2:53PM, Dec. 6, 2019
(online)

So I happened across the latest couple of threads after the unfortunate change of SJ. What jumped out at me was a line said that our DD community has had negative things said about it that we're not aware of. This actually surprises me, as I always hear from third parties about how supportive we are of each other and newcomers.

If however something is going on that we're not doing properly, then let's take this opportunity to explore it. DD's community has always been its strength, even now that we've been slowly raising ourselves back from the dead situation that SJ has just been thrust to.

Goes without say that negative feedback is often hard to read through, but we must do it if we are to improve so if you have it and it's legit, or your own opinion, post it here so we can see what to do about it.
Genejoke at 3:07PM, Dec. 6, 2019
(online)
Yeah I wondered about that, but I've never seen anything like that aside from it's quiet.
That said I don't really frequent other comic sites anymore. It could be a similar case as to why I never gelled with the smackjeeves community, not much wrong but not so many people on the same wavelength. It could also be tied with the same thing with some people not liking the comic fury forums, some came away from there with negative opinions so makes sense those at CF would have negative opinions of us.
last edited on Dec. 6, 2019 3:09PM
Ironscarf at 4:03PM, Dec. 6, 2019
(offline)
For the sake of completeness, the line in question:

If DD members are getting banned from CF, what do you all think that says about the culture here? I know what other people say, but that's not a subject for here.(hint- it's not positive)

I almost wish this were true, if only for the fact it would mean people were talking about DD, but in my experience we are barely part of the webcomic community's popular consciousness any more. I lurk all over the place and participate in some and we just don't have that high of a profile.

What's more, DD members are not getting banned from CF and there hasn't been any drama of any kind on this forum for at least half a decade. This comment seems like it refers to a long gone era, but I would love to be proven wrong. Lets hear what ‘other people’ are saying!
last edited on Dec. 6, 2019 4:38PM
Ozoneocean at 5:34PM, Dec. 6, 2019
(online)
Mentions of DD pop up on the Webcomic groups on Facebook's and it's always positive in relation to the community.
Never recall hearing bad stuff…

We have a good thing here I think: diverse opinions and very moderate in general. I'm glad people are generally supportive as well as representing all side of the political spectrum without being dicks about it.

The main issue we had historically, (ten years ago), was the Top Drawer antics and the virrulant troll culture there, but that was shut down so… Not a problem anymore.
damehelsing at 6:37PM, Dec. 6, 2019
(offline)
To be honest I'm surprised I haven't seen more people come here after what happened to SJ. I often see questions of “where should I post my comic” and “which sites are friendly” etc, I always recommend DD because the community here is great. It's very easy to kind of jump into the forums, IMO. (and I'm not really a forum type of person because I'm shy and get intimidated by it :'D) and DD is basically for everyone. You can post comics here from silly cute stuff to incredibly mature and you'll see guts flying everywhere. Also I feel like it's super easy to get your comic noticed by others here as well?? In the end I recommend posting EVERYWHERE you can, but DD is honestly my favorite place to post.

I haven't seen an issue with DD and I haven't been treated badly by anyone here. So I don't have much feedback to give.
Genejoke at 9:04AM, Dec. 7, 2019
(online)
It might be type of content, perhaps they feel other sites are a better fit, or maybe it's just so low key here they aren't aware of it.
bravo1102 at 3:14AM, Dec. 8, 2019
(offline)
It's not even on a lot if folks radar. They still assume it's the buggy site of a half dozen years ago or didn't even realize it was still around.

Then there are always those who think it's too small for their greatness. ;)

As in having a bazillion views on SJ and fearing that they'll lose views because they don't realize that a lot of their viewers are already here reading something else.

Can't assume a creator knows everything about every platform. Some are lazy, others are all about their art, and others just stuck to one platform because it was comfy. It's the nature of any market.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon