Tips and Tricks/Support *

RapidoSketch pens
rickrudge at 9:49AM, June 1, 2020
(offline)
Hi everyone. I know most people here create their comics digitally, but there might be a few of you here that use pen and ink on paper like I do. I normally use a Pilot Precise V5 or V7 rolling ball pen, but I’m kind of tired of using a disposable pen. We have enough plastics being thrown into landfills and the oceans.

I’m about ready to start using some Koh-I-Noor RapidoSketch pens. Back in the “bad old days” when I was a printer, I used the Rapidograph pens. Although these are traditional technical pens, they do require a lot of maintenance and care to keep working properly. One thing that I’ve noticed with the RapidoSketch pens is that you can use these at a slight angle instead of drawing strictly at a 90 degree angle, which is great.

If there’s anyone here that uses these technical pens, I’d love to hear from you, or at least commiserate with you (compare notes). Thank you.

— Rick Rudge
Avart at 6:42PM, June 6, 2020
(offline)
Hi Rick! Sure, analog drawing is one of the things I love the most. But it's also an expensive hobby if you want the best tools (or at least above average quality). So I went for the digital stuff, but I keep all my tools and from time to time I have a great time with them. Well, any piece of paper and pencil/pen are good ;)

So here they are:

Thank you for let me share this old stuff ;)
rickrudge at 7:29PM, June 13, 2020
(offline)
Wow, Avart. Thanks for showing me your supplies. You do some excellent work, both digitally and analogue. “The Gloom” is a fantastic comic series.

https://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_Gloom/5534409/

The two RapidoSketch pens that I got are .50 and .25 and I’ll start using them very soon. Thanks again for your post.

—Rick
last edited on June 15, 2020 11:04AM
kawaiidaigakusei at 4:00AM, June 21, 2020
(online)
Hi @RickRudge and @Avart!

Reading you talk about Precise V5 and V7 pens make me so happy. Those are terrific for drawing that thin, dark black line.

I love using the old standard Drafting Pencils. I had a set of four mechanical pencils that were beyond worth their weight in silver because the 0.3mm pencil gave me so much control by being a very light pencil.

I still have most of my pens from the past. I am afraid the ink on most of the wells have dried up.

Avart, you have a very serious and beautiful pen and pencil collection!
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Google+