Comic Talk and General Discussion *

The feeling of "coming full circle"
Andreas_Helixfinger at 12:02PM, Oct. 13, 2020
(offline)
lcstein wrote:
Yes, it was hard for me to make the transition too, but once you get used to it, it's really the way to go (especially since art supplies can get messy over time). The earliest scenes of what is now my current comic were done in a sketchbook and inked with Sharpie. I wish I could find the drawings, they may have been tossed during one of my many purgings over the years. I managed to upload one to Deviant art ages ago LOL

My earliest forays into digital art were doing those “oekaki” boards in the early 2000's. That was when I realized I needed a tablet because a mouse does not cut it. I used to draw over at Oekaki Central, which I don't think exists anymore.

I actually use my laptop as my tablet.

Reminds me how my first digital drawing was an anthropomorphic fox I drew on MS Paint some billion years ago^^ By the way, I'm on this week's quackcast, the 500 celebration, in case you're curious to hear how me and several other Webcomic creators here on DD sound talking to one another in a Google Meeting^^
last edited on Oct. 13, 2020 12:04PM
L.C.Stein at 6:26PM, Oct. 13, 2020
(offline)
I saw the post about it, but it looks like it is very early in the morning? I am on the East Coast of the U.S.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 1:38AM, Oct. 14, 2020
(offline)
lcstein wrote:
I saw the post about it, but it looks like it is very early in the morning? I am on the East Coast of the U.S.

Oh, the podcast/Quackcast has already been uploaded on the community blog. You can listen to it anytime you like👍 The site's admin Ozoneocean upload one of these wonderful little podcasts on the blog once every week on tuesdays. I had a fun time being on the one that was uploaded yesterday, recorded last saturday, which was a very special occasion. First time I've ever been on a podcast period.

Anyway, I'm running out of things to type and I got things to do. It's been a very pleasant back and forth with you on this thread, lcstein^^ I'm looking forward to you're upcoming updates on your comic and we might have another one of these long back and forths another time. You can always reach me via Personal Quack (PQ), the Duck's own little E-mail system, if you wanna get in touch with me about something👍 Hope you'll enjoy your time here👍
last edited on Oct. 14, 2020 1:45AM
L.C.Stein at 4:04PM, Oct. 14, 2020
(offline)
Likewise, thanks so much again for the great info again. Hopefully other new folks will see this thread and find your advice useful.

I will check out the webcast.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 7:18AM, July 29, 2021
(offline)
Christ! I just realized now that I've just gone through a second coming full circle realization these past few months. Yup! I've been doing it again. Trying to go big and impressive writing on Bloodiator and Cold Cusp, two webcomics I deleted like a week ago. I'm still gonna use those story ideas, but as one-shots in Imsies the Imthology instead, not as comics of their own.

So I guess my scribbling with that bore some fruit to it, but really, I thought I'd learn my lesson only to discover that; no I didn't, not quite yet:P Guess I can finally put this to a close for real this time. No more meandering around with things that are out of my league. No more trying to be high-brow. I have my comics, I have my little universe,

I have my creative voice which is singing “weirdness for weirdness sake”, and I'm sticking to it this time (Picture Helixfinger walking out the door trying to look real assertive and decisive, and then slip on a banana peel and fall down the hill like a cartoon character^^).
last edited on July 29, 2021 7:24AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon