Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Your Most Powerful Character vs. Homelander
MegaRdaniels at 11:13PM, Sept. 26, 2020
(online)
What would happen if Homelander crawled from The Boys' Universe and stumbled into your Comic's universe? How powerful are your characters if he so far wants to hurt, maim, or kill your characters and dominate your Comic's universe?

What would happen if the Entire Seven came and invaded your Comic's Universe?

For those who are not familiar with The Boys, it is an Amazon Prime TV Show based off the comic book of the same name that depicts Superheroes as smug, psychopathic monsters (**cough** **cough** Homelander), just to put it simple.

So in this thread, what would happen if your comic book characters had to face off against “The World's Greatest Superhero”?
hushicho at 1:21AM, Sept. 27, 2020
(offline)
To preface this, I despise that series, so I'm not particularly inclined to tolerate even the premise of it.

But such a character wouldn't last long attempting to do that in the Incuverse or its offshoots. The strong magic foundations and the completely different, more upbeat tone would not allow for those sorts of shenanigans unopposed. I can't even imagine that villains like the Abominations wouldn't have much use or patience for a character from that series. All he could do would be to stir up chaos, which would upset their plans as well.

Even if he dropped into Space Daddy's neighborhood, I'm pretty sure Ms. Pepper would kick him into a singularity or something. To say nothing of Waggy and his heavy ordnance let loose on just the type of people he dislikes the most of all.
♥*♡∞:。.。 Official Site 。.。:∞♡*♥
last edited on Sept. 27, 2020 1:22AM
Genejoke at 12:56PM, Sept. 27, 2020
(online)
to be fair you might as well ask how would your characters fair against an asshole superman as that's basically what homelander is.

Also my characters would get killed as I don't tend to do super human types, and certainly not that powerful as that.
bravo1102 at 1:23PM, Sept. 27, 2020
(offline)
Not by strength but by guile.

The motto of the Special Boat Squadron. Sort of the British version of the Navy SEALs.
usedbooks at 3:43PM, Sept. 27, 2020
(online)
I don't know any of these references. lol

But my comic has no superpowers in it, so if superpowers are involved, none of my characters could stand up to it. Now, if superpowers are stripped by the existence in my comic, I have a few who could hold up well – especially if superpowered beings are generally pathetic losers sans powers (and I imagine most are).
Banes at 9:06AM, Oct. 9, 2020
(offline)
Typical Strange, my longest running comic, has no superpowers. Also, the heroes are mostly quietly employed in the service industry. They might buy the Homelander collectables. They do get drawn into pretty extraordinary adventures at times, though…and they do have Author bias in their favor. So who knows??

In Chatterbox, some characters do have some limited enhancements, but are driven, have access to some information from Intelligence Agencies, and are professional infiltrators and spies. They are closer to The Boys in a way…they might be able to figure something out.

I do enjoy the show quite a bit - curious to look more into the reasons some people hate it so passionately.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon