Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What do you waste money on?
Banes at 9:37AM, Dec. 4, 2020
(offline)
Last year I burned…more than I would like to admit buying these old collectables. Like…well, i don't want to even say, but a lot.

They're all sitting in storage right now and I have no earthly idea why I bought them. I'd rather have the money back. Maybe I'll try and sell them off. Luckily most are still unopened. I was thinking of doing a photocomic with them but I haven't after nearly a year.

El Cid at 4:26PM, Dec. 4, 2020
(online)
Heavy Metal magazine had a back issues sale last year and I bought… well…

I bought everything.

I don't know why. I'll never read them all. I don't have the shelf space. I tried to convince myself that I can at least use the artwork to help build my “visual library,” as the artist types like to say… and I guess that's true… but still. Jeez.
kawaiidaigakusei at 10:02PM, Dec. 4, 2020
(online)
Yarn, lots of yarn.
Pairs of Eye glasses of various shapes and colours.
Vintage records from the 1930s-1940s.
Vintage Ray Bradbury Books.
Books by Erich von Däniken from the 1970s.
Megalodon Cards.
Travel: Flights, Transportation, Lodging, and Food.
Quadratini Wafers.
Tea, oh, so much Harney and Sons tea.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Dec. 5, 2020 7:35AM
bravo1102 at 1:28AM, Dec. 5, 2020
(offline)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

Vintage records from the 1930s-1940s.

My mother had a huge library of 78s including the whole soundtrack of South Pacific. She threw them all out about ten years ago. Then I told her how much money she had thrown out.
Books by Erich von Däniken Books.

I have most in their original Bantam paperback issues from the 1970s. Along with the whole “In Search of” series tie-in books. Some have uncreased spines, but those cheap paperbacks really yellowed after forty years.

Having been very irresponsible with money in the past, I no longer have credit cards and don't have money to waste. Once upon a time though:
All those action figures, sets and vehicles. Took years but I am getting to use them.
Plastic models and all the paint and glue and stuff. Hundreds of them built and unbuilt. No space for the built ones, very little space for the unbuilt.

Anybody want to start a collection of built 1/35 scale tank models? Just cost of postage and one's yours. Really.
last edited on Dec. 5, 2020 1:30AM
kawaiidaigakusei at 8:03AM, Dec. 5, 2020
(online)
kawaiidaigakusei wrote:

Books by Erich von Däniken Books.

bravo1102 wrote:

I have most in their original Bantam paperback issues from the 1970s. Along with the whole “In Search of” series tie-in books. Some have uncreased spines, but those cheap paperbacks really yellowed after forty years.

I made a typographical error, meant to write “Books by Erich von Däniken from the 1970s.” 😁

Still getting through Chariots of the Gods. (It takes time to compute all the numbers: One light year = 186,000 x 60 x 60 x 24 x 365 miles). I am most interested in the writings about Ley lines because I love reading about the Nazca Lines.

bravo1102 wrote:

My mother had a huge library of 78s including the whole soundtrack of South Pacific. She threw them all out about ten years ago. Then I told her how much money she had thrown out.

I have been listening to a lot of songs from 1937-38 recently. “Music, Maestro, Please!” was playing loudly from the gramophone as I sorted and folded laundry yesterday afternoon.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
last edited on Dec. 5, 2020 8:06AM
Tantz_Aerine at 11:46AM, Dec. 5, 2020
(online)
WWII books.
Music band t-shirts.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't have too much money to burn. XD
L.C.Stein at 1:36PM, Dec. 6, 2020
(offline)
Craft supplies for crafts I plan to do, but never get around to… :)
Ozoneocean at 6:45PM, Dec. 6, 2020
(online)
Antique sabres, unusual and antique hats, vintage clothes and accessories, cosplay stuff…

Why are we just talking about this? There should be photos! Show and tell! :D

Might do a Quackcast on this! I wanna see people's stuff in video.
TedGravesArt at 11:51AM, Jan. 6, 2021
(offline)
I've got a video game collection that selling bit by bit right now that took me about 10 years to amass. I've got a couple thousand hard copies of games ranging from modern ps4 and switch, to old school games like atari 2600 and NES. It didn't seem like that much until I moved twice last year, and regretted everything. There's so much plastic here it's the bulk of the things I own D: Going digital as much as possible now!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon