Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Anyone Have an Irrational Fear?
Eunice P at 12:19AM, March 12, 2008
(offline)
I'd like to touch this little guy:
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
jagular at 6:56AM, March 12, 2008
(online)
i'm pretty sure i'm claustrophobic and bugs creep me out because i know i'll hear and/or feel it if i squish it. i'm also nervous in elevators. they might stop suddenly and crash to the floor with eerie elevator music still playing.
i also get freaked out when movies end and that black screen with text pops up. even if it's happy like “blank is currently residing in blank with his/her family”
If anything bad happens,I'm blaming Global Warming.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Frostflowers at 10:23AM, March 12, 2008
(online)
Jack Nicholson.

Fo' serious. He creeps me out so much it's bizarre. o.O Damn me for watching The Shining while sick with fever - I couldn't even finish watching the movie, that's how creepy he is. I can make it through The Departed by the skin of my teeth, but otherwise I avoid him like the plague.

Also, vertigo. It's not so much the falling as the hitting-the-ground-and-cracking-my-head-open that scares me - however, I don't feel that's very irrational. Slipping and falling when standing close to a high ledge, well, that's reasonable to be a little scared of.

But Jack Nicholson? That's just crazy. And yet I can't stop.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
kiandranishan at 3:19PM, March 12, 2008
(offline)
that is a gorgeous spider!

<–wants to pet the spider
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
crazyninny at 6:56PM, March 12, 2008
(online)
The Little Mermaid movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Marguati at 5:47PM, March 13, 2008
(offline)
I'm scared of big, heavy revolving doors. It's not like I can't stand them, but I'm always afraid someone could push it, crushing me between the wall and the rotating panels while I'm going through, so I just slip past the entrance as fast as I can. Same thing with that sort of ‘rotating capsule door’ thing you find in a lot of banks (no clue about how you call it)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Yousorrymon at 12:40PM, March 16, 2008
(offline)
I'm afraid of high ceilings. Like in the mall. Or stores. Especially if theres anything hanging from them. I always feel like its all going to fall on me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:53PM
rabidmochi at 8:23PM, March 16, 2008
(offline)
Furries.

Just thinking about yiff makes my stomach feeling queasy, my eyes start seeing rainbow specks everywhere, my head feeling dizzy, and makes me want to faint.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Kalos at 1:37AM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
Large windows.

When I was little, I was on the second deck of a double-decker bus and we passed through some unexpected, rough weather. All the windows blew in and most of the passengers had to be rushed to the hospital. I just had minor scrapes, but I convinced myself that I had seen the glass start to bend inward and have always kind of felt guilty for not, you know, warning anyone I guess? I was probably seven at the time.

Anyway, it's gotten better over time, but for a while I wasn't able to be in a room with a window that wasn't, like, separated into smaller panes. Now, I just won't sit near them if I can avoid it (unless it's storming–then I will avoid it). I also don't do window seats on buses.

I also have this developing fear of spiders, which was caused by spending two weeks in military barracks that were infested with brown recluse spiders. I woke up one morning with a spider bite and freaked out. It turned out not to be from a brown recluse (thankfully), but I was sufficiently scared out of my mind.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
rabidmochi at 2:51AM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
Kalos
Large windows.

When I was little, I was on the second deck of a double-decker bus and we passed through some unexpected, rough weather. All the windows blew in and most of the passengers had to be rushed to the hospital. I just had minor scrapes, but I convinced myself that I had seen the glass start to bend inward and have always kind of felt guilty for not, you know, warning anyone I guess? I was probably seven at the time.

Anyway, it's gotten better over time, but for a while I wasn't able to be in a room with a window that wasn't, like, separated into smaller panes. Now, I just won't sit near them if I can avoid it (unless it's storming–then I will avoid it). I also don't do window seats on buses.

I also have this developing fear of spiders, which was caused by spending two weeks in military barracks that were infested with brown recluse spiders. I woke up one morning with a spider bite and freaked out. It turned out not to be from a brown recluse (thankfully), but I was sufficiently scared out of my mind.

Wow, what a traumatic experience you had there.
Hope things get better for you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 9:37AM, March 17, 2008
(offline)
Well, lately, I've developed a fear of being under the sky when not holding onto anything. If gravity on earth were to just stop one day for some odd reason I would be hurtling towards the sun.

That, I consider, is a truely irrational fear, givin that I know that that's impossible.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:55PM
Salsicoruc at 5:27AM, March 19, 2008
(offline)
Horses. I'm terrified of horses.

I also can't stand not being able to see through a window, like I need to know if and what's on the other side.

And also of stepping on things. I can't stand stepping on little things. I get the heeby jeebies, and the I have to swat at my feet and check them. I'm afraid it'll be like bugs or something. But I'm ok with bugs otherwise, I just don't want them on my feet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
HippieVan at 6:51PM, March 24, 2008
(online)
I have a really bad phobia of fish. One time I was at this lake that doesn't even have fish unless you're out at the dock(I stay as far away from it as possible) and I was floating on my stomach on a boogie board when a dead minnow floated up about two inches from my face! I absolutely freaked out; I was almost crying. The worst part is that I love to swim.

It's called ichthyophobia though, which is fun to say at least.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:48PM
kyupol at 6:27AM, March 25, 2008
(online)

I'm scared of reptoids.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
6116 Taboo at 7:36AM, March 25, 2008
(offline)
I have a very stupid fear of relationships.
It's so frustrating. If someone asks me out that I don't trust one bit, I say no (most people are like that, though). I was actually in a relationship for a month but when the guy got physical with me I dumped him right on the spot. I didn't even give him a second chance.
Lesbians scare me, even. I've had a reeaally bad encounter with one trying to get physical with me. It's not like I have anything against their personalities, it's just… I'm terrified of what they might do.

It got to the point where I'd threaten the people that supposedly “liked” me. I'd say I'd kill them if they tried to do anything physical. But in reality, I wouldn't… I'm just that scared.

And yet, all I want is to be loved by someone I trust. .__.'
::Taboo:: Updated M/W/F.
“Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?” -Monty Python and the Holy Grail
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
kyupol at 7:57AM, March 25, 2008
(online)
6116 Taboo
It's so frustrating. If someone asks me out that I don't trust one bit, I say no (most people are like that, though). I was actually in a relationship for a month but when the guy got physical with me I dumped him right on the spot. I didn't even give him a second chance.
Lesbians scare me, even. I've had a reeaally bad encounter with one trying to get physical with me. It's not like I have anything against their personalities, it's just… I'm terrified of what they might do.

It got to the point where I'd threaten the people that supposedly “liked” me. I'd say I'd kill them if they tried to do anything physical. But in reality, I wouldn't… I'm just that scared.

Perhaps some guy did something wrong to you in the past? Like cheated on you or just left you?

I have the same feeling on women though.

Initially I always have this prejudice that they are out to get me. They are just gonna manipulate me and make me into a cash cow then throw me out like a doormat if someone else comes along who is richer, has bigger muscles, or in any way, shape, or form, more “qualified” than me.

That is why… I wish I have an open third eye so I can see through her intentions. Instead of using these unreliable physical eyes that make decisions based on the size of boobs or the attractiveness of her legs.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
kiandranishan at 9:20AM, March 25, 2008
(offline)
realistic looking dolls or mannequins. If I get to close to them, especially my face, I start having a panic attack. As crazy as it is I'm scared they are going to bite me >.> seriously

same with dead bodies. I couldn't get any closer than 6 feet to my grandmother's casket because I started having a panic attack…and I was already upset enough.

Prolly stems from my zombie fear.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
6116 Taboo at 9:48AM, March 25, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
6116 Taboo

Perhaps some guy did something wrong to you in the past? Like cheated on you or just left you?

I have the same feeling on women though.

Initially I always have this prejudice that they are out to get me. They are just gonna manipulate me and make me into a cash cow then throw me out like a doormat if someone else comes along who is richer, has bigger muscles, or in any way, shape, or form, more “qualified” than me.

That is why… I wish I have an open third eye so I can see through her intentions. Instead of using these unreliable physical eyes that make decisions based on the size of boobs or the attractiveness of her legs.

It was much worse than that, actually.

Girls can be very manipulative when it comes to guys, from what I've observed. People are just plain weird n' scary,in general. huh!?
::Taboo:: Updated M/W/F.
“Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?” -Monty Python and the Holy Grail
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
mishi_hime at 6:25PM, March 25, 2008
(online)
i have a fear of stairs, elevators and escalators… :/
unfortunately I can't get away from them and have been forced to endure them. because half of the time we are in the mall. but i really hate escalators they freak me out.

and recently ive learned im pretty claustrophobic
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:03PM
simonitro at 12:35PM, March 26, 2008
(offline)
I have fear of heights… but not on everything. When I'm held tightly and I'm on top of something, I wouldn't be afraib but when I'm stuck alone on a very high platform with nothing to hold me… that's when I freak out.

I have fear of dead people's opened eyes. During the Gulf War, me and my family are going from Kuwait to Lebanon (tough times). We saw a river filled with dead people… dad didn't want me to see them because I was too young but I was able to spot one or two… that's creep the living hell out of you.

I have fear of the unknown… there was once sitting on my bed sketching and everything and it was all quiet. Bro and mom were somewhere in the house. All is quiet and then I heard a creak behind me. I turned around and I saw the closet was opening by itself and my eyes went large until I know that was my blanket placed in a way it's pushing the closet door.

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
shaneronzio at 1:28PM, March 26, 2008
(online)
I FEAR SOMETIMES THAT THE TOP LEADERS OF THE WORLD GOVERNMENT MAY BE RELEASING BOICHEMICAL WARFARE ON THE POPULATION FOR REASONS OF MASS SEDATION AND CONTROL.

Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
BIGSHOT at 7:11AM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
The flour on top of some loaves of bread. Even thinking about it sets my teeth on edge.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:22AM
violet_dreamer at 8:20PM, April 18, 2008
(offline)
I cannot stand the sight of veins, or damage to the veins. I once saw a poster for preventing suicide and it showed an arm with the veins slit at the wrist and I got so weak. I couldn't stand looking at it.

I can look at blood, body parts opened up, bones puncturing organs, but veins make me feel lightheaded. Is that considered a phobia? If not, then I misinterepreted the whole thing.

Sorry!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon