Comic Talk and General Discussion *

DrunkDuck is being redesigned! Pics and info inside!
Niccea at 10:25AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(offline)
Umm….profiles can't be viewed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
ZeroGee at 10:27AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Sorry the new site wasnt working out. Like I said before, it's apperance wasnt so much of an issue as functionality is.
Make sure the programmers take all the time they need to get it right and dont rush.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
skoolmunkee at 10:58AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(offline)
Kinh has posted a newspost with some explanations, basically the old codebase made the relaunch impossible. The plan now is to design the new site from scratch, run it parallel to the old site during the beta phase, and not make the change official until things are running smoothly. Personally I think that is a good decision, it gives everyone time and makes some things a lot easier. More information will be forthcoming about that soon. So- I think that means that old DD will be left alone for a while. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
usedbooks at 11:04AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
I think that's a good move.

I like the innovative ideas this new team is bringing in, but working from someone else's code will always be inhibiting, especially when tracking down and correcting bugs (old and new). Starting from scratch might take more work, but maintenance (and improvements) will be easier in the long run if the programmers are working from entirely their own coding.

I am looking forward to what they come up with. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
srhdt at 11:30AM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Hi everyone,

I started a new topic about what's been happening over the past few days Here if anyone wants to continue the discussion. There's also a newspost about it.

Just wanted to add that we are currently aware of the lingering issues when we reverted back to the current DD, including profile pages. We're working on fixing those asap. If there's any other issues you guys come across, feel free to post them here, in the other thread, or PQ me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
ayesinback at 12:41PM, Nov. 4, 2010
(online)
Just want to say thanks to Wowio for giving the redevelopment a sincere attempt, and then acknowledging that it wasn't ready.

This was only three days, a frustrating three days for Everyone, but I've been in plenty of situations where it's taken much longer to admit that a development wasn't ready.

Thanks for bearing with all the complaints, not taking it personally, and wanting to create something better.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Ettie at 6:33PM, Nov. 7, 2010
(offline)
I don't know if this was covered or not. But will we still be uploading comic thumbnails in .jpg form?

Also, I think the template looks nice, but the time that I experienced it after Halloween I had some problems with the browsing. There was only one “Clear All/Mark All” for the entire set versus how on this old template there is more than one “Clear All/Mark All” per section which makes it easier and less time consuming to select stuff.

Thanks for the improvements! I can't wait to see how this develops into an even more user friendly template! ^-^
Click on the Picture to View My Comic!

It Updates Daily!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
AshenSkye at 9:44PM, Dec. 11, 2010
(offline)
I missed the whole launch fail. But I'm droppin' by to wish you luck on the second attempt. (I've found that giving a full heads up on a site change makes adjusting to the new look a heck of a lot easier. So here's an overdue thanks for the heads up.)
Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle!
My Webcomic: Just Another Day, Online since 2009
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon