MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia VI - Rise of the syndicate
Product Placement at 2:05PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I have a deep dark secret…….I'm American. As such I don't know GMT at all. I'm pacific time zone.

Also I want to join the fight p.p
But you do know what central time(CDT) is right? I also posted that. And I also posted that map for a reason so that you could do the math.

Anyways. The narration is due in about two hours.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Aghammer at 2:24PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
waff
AUTO-PASTRY *waff pulls out a pie and uses it to block the bullets*

also I found a tamer version of humorman's rant while looking on tvtropes.(It's called the baka song).

HAHAHA… looks like humorman too (joking.. don't flame me!). Hmmmm.. pie…. give me that!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:08PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I have a deep dark secret…….I'm American. As such I don't know GMT at all. I'm pacific time zone.

Also I want to join the fight p.p
But you do know what central time(CDT) is right? I also posted that. And I also posted that map for a reason so that you could do the math.

Anyways. The narration is due in about two hours.
You overestimate America sir. But I got it now thank you.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Niccea at 3:09PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
I hate to be opening up a can of worms here, but I would like to open up an old case. There is always a matter raised on how many people voted for the mayor/pardoner. The2ndredbaron has the most mayoral votes I have ever seen. Coincidence, probably, but someone always has to point that one out.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Prank at 3:16PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
A good point there, but the mafia usually tends to vote for the person who becomes pardoner to avoid suspicion if they do go with the mayorfather stratagem as seen in the last game.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
crocty at 3:18PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Yeah, I think once they got to pardoner, they'd stop and vote for someone else to avoid suspicion…

Eh, I dunno. But I don't like basing suspicion on things like that, so …
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:24PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Niccea
I hate to be opening up a can of worms here, but I would like to open up an old case. There is always a matter raised on how many people voted for the mayor/pardoner. The2ndredbaron has the most mayoral votes I have ever seen. Coincidence, probably, but someone always has to point that one out.

He played the I've never been the mayor for six game card :(

Also prank has basicly accused me every game. Last time he was mafia and accused me!

Prank at 3:34PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Niccea

He played the I've never been the mayor for six game card :(

Also prank has basicly accused me every game. Last time he was mafia and accused me!

Interesting to note that I didn't accuse you but derailed Nicceas accusation towards T2RB.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:44PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I noticed you didn't vote prank. Thats very mafia like, and not just because you didn't vote for me.

Prank at 3:54PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Note that I wasn't even here :)

Last game I voted for you, although I think I was late.
Hakoshen at 3:54PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
waff
AUTO-PASTRY *waff pulls out a pie and uses it to block the bullets*

also I found a tamer version of humorman's rant while looking on tvtropes.(It's called the baka song).

and the page in question.

You did not… you did NOT just pull Ranma 1/2 on me.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:57PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Prank
Note that I wasn't even here :)

Last game I voted for you, although I think I was late.
Really :D then you can't be mafia.

Prank at 3:59PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I will probably die depending on how silly the mafia is so I'll write my final letter.

With claiming my role, this has occurred.

Mafia kills me led to believe I'm a power role. If this happens I suspect theflyinggreenmonkey and the2ndredbaron, the former for not posting when I announced it although having been online in contrast to his usual behavior and the former for being online at the same time leading me to believe they were holding a conversation on the event. I also suspect the 2ndrb for having killed someone with the instalynch. You don't kill possible townies, no matter how annoying they are.

Oh and Sunny will be protected, if she's the paranoid I'll piss myself.
waff at 4:01PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
I only pulled a pie on you…the baka song is just there because it reminded me of humorman's rant.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
gullas at 4:04PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Prank
I will probably die depending on how silly the mafia is so I'll write my final letter.

With claiming my role, this has occurred.

Mafia kills me knowing I'm a power role. If this happens I suspect theflyinggreenmonkey and the2ndredbaron, the former for not posting when I announced it although having been online in contrast to his usual behavior and the former for being online at the same time leading me to believe they were holding a conversation on the event. I also suspect the 2ndrb for having killed someone with the instalynch. You don't kill possible townies, no matter how annoying they are.

Well it's reasonable, but we really have nothing which could help/prove your statement till the daytime…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Product Placement at 4:04PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
The day has come to a close and so the sun has passed the evening check point. It's time for it to go bother people on the other side of the world. The party is over and townies are stumbling about in their drunken stupor, trying to find their way home after the festivities.

But Skulbie is no such person. Living the clean life, she stays away from the devils nectar. In fact you'll have a hard time finding a more model citizen in this town. She spends much of her time, volunteering for public service and playing with orphans and half of her paycheck goes to a non profit organization that rescues kittens without homes. Just last week did she pass her online medical science course granting her a title of paramedic. Now she has some real chance to do some good. Prank, a fellow villager has made a public cry for help and there she's gonna spend the night.

At Pranks place she immediately starts checking the closets and under the beds for anyone hiding around but no one seems to be interested in killing him. Don't know why Prank would keep a severed horse head on his bed though? Something like that is highly unsanitary so it's a good thing that Skulbie can't stand a mess like that. The horse head is quickly disposed off and the linens are cleaned after a quick cycle through the washer. Hmm.. still no one around to kill Prank though. Seems like she made a mistake this night. Oh well at least prank is safe and his bed is clean. She's gonna have a word with him about sleeping place sanitation tomorrow though. *Ding Dong* goes the doorbell. “Who's there?” Asks Skulbie. “Special delivery” says a voice on the other side before taking off. Skulbie carefully opens the door to find a box on the other side. On the box there's a card labeled “From a friend”. Curious, she picks up the box and checks the inside. Why it's a statue of the Yin and Yang symbol. How nice… but why is it ticking? Oh no! It's a bomb! Luckily for Skulbie, her online paramedic course included a “how to defuse a poorly hidden booby trap” lesson. Hooray! Prank is safe! Three cheers for Skulbie the super friendly awesome townie! Where would this town be without her?

And now it's time for our very useful and oh so good Samaritan of ours to head home. It's getting very late so she decides to take the short cut through Cutthroat Alley. Why it's called that I have no idea. It's labeled one of the safest alleyways in Sidewalks & Footpaths Monthly. “Not so fast, you evil scum.-” says a raspy voice above her, “-Where do you think you're going at this hour?”. Skulbie looks up to see a masked man standing on one of the rooftops. Petrified by this sight, she slowly starts to walk backwards, away from him while carefully saying “N-Nowhere imp-portant. J-Just heading home”. “A likely story at that,-” says the man “-I know all about your evil organization and I plan to take it down, starting with you!”. “Wait? What's wrong with Adorable Fluff Muffins inc?” asks Skulbie then. “Ah, so that's what you call your group nowadays” the masked man says before jumping down and striking towards her. Skulbie prepares to turn to run but is tackled to the ground by the man. “No, please! I don't want to die!-” She screams, “-Why are you doing this?”. “Ah, well. That's easy to answer.-” Says the masked man, “-If you can't be famous. Be infamous.”

Skulbie the paramedic is dead.

Later that night the office of “Adorable Fluff Muffins inc” is burned to the ground.

Niccea is running for her life. She holds valuable information that needs to hit the papers tomorrow morning. However someone has gotten a wind of that information and is hot on pursuit. Niccea dashes around a corner of a house, jumps on a car and uses her momentum to lunge herself over a fence. The landing on the other side is rough, bruising her right knee but she quickly stands up to continue. She's in allot of trouble and she knows it. This individual has been on her tail ever since he almost got her outside the news office earlier tonight and her best attempts to shake him have failed. If only she could get her folder somewhere safe it, would be worth it. As she runs through several back yards she encounters another high fence and starts to climb it. A bullet grazes her left shoulder as she's about to drop over. Causing her to fall back down on the side she was at. “Oh Niccea, why are you trying to run away?” Asks the person with the gun, as if it wasn't obvious enough. “You're too late you know.-” Says Niccea.“-I've already spread the word. With my death, the identity of your teammate will be confirmed”. “Oh well. It's a necessary sacrifice to get rid of you” says the person and sends Niccea to the great unknown.

Niccea the Detective is dead.

Night 1 is over.

Day 2 has begun.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Hakoshen at 4:05PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
waff
Hakoshen
I only pulled a pie on you…the baka song is just there because it reminded me of humorman's rant.

Whew. Thought I was gonna have to barbecue and eat that squirrel as punishment. Carry on.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
crocty at 4:14PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Lawl, I found Skullbie's cleaning up narrative hilarious. X3

Anyway, I'm curious as to why the mafia didn't kill twice today. Unless Skullbie's murderer wasn't the vigilante, but the way the narrative went implies vigilante.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:14PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
What the hell the detective AND a Medic O.o

Prank at 4:16PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
crocty
Lawl, I found Skullbie's cleaning up narrative hilarious. X3

Anyway, I'm curious as to why the mafia didn't kill twice today. Unless Skullbie's murderer wasn't the vigilante, but the way the narrative went implies vigilante.

They did kill twice, I was only saved by Skullbie's protection.

I'm voting for myself as mafia. I'll be PMing my vote to PP of course to make it official.
crocty at 4:19PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Prank
I didn't see anything that implied you were attacked in the narrative, in fact it said noone showed up to kill you…
kitty17 at 4:21PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Isn't the horse head a threat though? Not necessarily an attack…

Anyways, that sucks…two good roles are dead D:

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Hakoshen at 4:22PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
crocty
Prank
I didn't see anything that implied you were attacked in the narrative, in fact it said noone showed up to kill you…

And then the bomb showed up in the mail.
-Harkovast
Ochitsukanai at 4:25PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Since I survived, here is my clue roundup.

The day has come to a close and so the sun has passed the evening check point. It's time for it to go bother people on the other side of the world. The party is over and townies are stumbling about in their drunken stupor, trying to find their way home after the festivities.

Potential clues: “People on the other side of the world.”
A specific mention of the sun could point to Sunny, but this connection is weak.

“Who's there?” Asks Skulbie. “Special delivery” says a voice on the other side before taking off. Skulbie carefully opens the door to find a box on the other side. On the box there's a card labeled “From a friend”. Curious, she picks up the box and checks the inside. Why it's a statue of the Yin and Yang symbol. How nice… but why is it ticking? Oh no! It's a bomb! Luckily for Skulbie, her online paramedic course included a “how to defuse a poorly hidden booby trap” lesson. Hooray! Prank is safe! Three cheers for Skulbie the super friendly awesome townie! Where would this town be without her?

Crocty's “Frank and Vinny” layout includes a TREMENDOUS ying-yang.
Skullbie is on Crocty's friends list.

Other potential clue: A bomb, but relying on murder weapons as clues has been incorrect too often in previous games to believe in it.
“Special delivery.”

If the “from a friend” implicated a friend of Prank's rather than of Skullbie's, the only player who is on Prank's friends list is Sunny. Does any other player have Prank on their friends list?

For now, I would argue that Crocty is the one who attempted to murder Prank.

I feel that the other clue points to the vigilante: the implication was that this person believes they are doing something just. So, while I am fairly certain that I have solved this clue, I am going to abstain from posting my solution in case it is the vigilante. If I can get word that this is DEFINITELY a mafia hit, I will post my answer then.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Prank at 4:29PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
crocty
Prank

“Special delivery” says a voice on the other side before taking off. Skulbie carefully opens the door to find a box on the other side. On the box there's a card labeled “From a friend”. Curious, she picks up the box and checks the inside. Why it's a statue of the Yin and Yang symbol. How nice… but why is it ticking? Oh no! It's a bomb! Luckily for Skulbie, her online paramedic course included a “how to defuse a poorly hidden booby trap” lesson. Hooray! Prank is safe! Three cheers for Skulbie the super friendly awesome townie! Where would this town be without her?

Misleading on purpose? Also, the only friend I have who is playing this game is Sunny so you all know who to vote for in regards to that. I'm not sure how the Ying and Yang symbol ties in, and it may in fact as shown above point to Crocty.

Someone
Isn't the horse head a threat though? Not necessarily an attack…

The godfather nullifies my abilities as a paramedic. Once again I believe the 2ndredbaron is a mafia member, for I asked him for protection as well and instead of having a bodyguard on me as asked though a PM, I have a horse head. I'll reveal more as we near the next deadline.
crocty at 4:29PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Oh, right. ^_^;;

I'll try to get some clue solving now, but I can't make any promises, I'm very tired and suck at solving clues, so I may not have much luck…

EDIT: Oh dear, I have some stuff to reply to…
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:30PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I'm in middle of class agian but I'll look over clues tonight. Also we have another killer vig?

CatCatDragoo at 4:32PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Ah, y-you guys… ;w;

I'm… sorry… vwv;;;;

My school is still testing (just one more test! ;A; ), so I haven't been participating… at all… in these games. ;w;

I'm sorry!!! xnx ~ </3
My pride and joooy~! x3

FFA motto:
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:38PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
CatCatDragoo
Ah, y-you guys… ;w;

I'm… sorry… vwv;;;;

My school is still testing (just one more test! ;A; ), so I haven't been participating… at all… in these games. ;w;

I'm sorry!!! xnx ~ </3
Its okay Inu's short attention span has caused him to not even get into this game. I made him join basicly just to vote me mayor and he didn't do that p.p

crocty at 4:41PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
1)Crocty's “Frank and Vinny” layout includes a TREMENDOUS ying-yang.
2)Skullbie is on Crocty's friends list.

3)Other potential clue: A bomb, but relying on murder weapons as clues has been incorrect too often in previous games to believe in it.
“Special delivery.”

4)If the “from a friend” implicated a friend of Prank's rather than of Skullbie's, the only player who is on Prank's friends list is Sunny. Does any other player have Prank on their friends list?

5)For now, I would argue that Crocty is the one who attempted to murder Prank.
1) True, but I'm pretty sure the clues are based on comic pages and not literally the comic pages. Even if they were, it's still quite obscure. :/

2) The package was directed at Prank, and I'm pretty sure Prank isn't on my friend's list

3) The murder weapons were red herrings last time, and in PP's sample narrative the murder weapon was a red herring. Although I'm curious as to where you got the bomb clue leading to me?…

4) Ho ho ho…

5) :(
Prank
Misleading on purpose?
If you mean “Are you misleading people on purpose?” No. I simply forgot that part. I don't think I could get away with lying about something like that, so even if I was, it would be the most retarded thing possible.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon