MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia VI - Rise of the syndicate
Ochitsukanai at 4:42PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
P.S. this narration contains no clues

That narration for Day 1 totally DID contain clues! I recognized instantly that it should be Niccea when I read that due to your fairytale allusions, but was thrown off by the “no clues” remark! :\

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Hakoshen at 4:44PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
The clues in the last game weren't intentionally red herrings, just some of them mattered and others mattered in overly subtle ways. I'm going to look over the sample narrative to see how his clues work again and then I'll be back. Although, looking at Niccea's death only makes me suspect myself. Someone who was chasing her (me, sort of), Someone with a gun (me, definitely), and someone who says “Oh,” at the beginning of a sentence, (again, me).

If not for the fact that I'm innocent, I'm clearly guilty. In any event, I've got a raid in WOW scheduled in 15 minutes, so I'm going to be preoccupied for a few hours.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 4:44PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
*ghostly voice* Avenge me. Page to follow soon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Ochitsukanai at 4:49PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
crocty
1) True, but I'm pretty sure the clues are based on comic pages and not literally the comic pages. Even if they were, it's still quite obscure. :/

Are you kidding? I've just gone through the majority of the comics and every single profile, and you're the only one with a ying-yang. It's not at all obscure, I recognized it at once…and since the Day 1 narrative had a similar vividly clear clue that indicated Niccea as detective, and Niccea then WAS the detective, I'm thinking this style of clue is totally fitting.

crocty
2) The package was directed at Prank, and I'm pretty sure Prank isn't on my friend's list

Fair enough. Sunny or yourself, both are suspicious - I recognized that as well. Is Sunny an active player, however?

crocty
3) The murder weapons were red herrings last time, and in PP's sample narrative the murder weapon was a red herring. Although I'm curious as to where you got the bomb clue leading to me?…

Exactly, I didn't assume that the bomb itself would be a clue.

“Other potential clues” means “these things do not necessarily point to Crocty/could argue for Crocty's innocence.”

I'd rather be correct than unquestioned, so I want to include things that could be clues, even if they don't point to my own interpretations.

Prank at 4:51PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I'm on the red barons friend list.

Also, to be on the safe side the 2nd Red Baron should prove his innocence by declaring a double lynch and then we should vote off Sunny and Crocty. Just to be safe.

I also encourage everyone to make their votes public and give reasons for doing so. With unity and trust, we shall overcome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Product Placement at 4:54PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Product Placement
P.S. this narration contains no clues

That narration for Day 1 totally DID contain clues! I recognized instantly that it should be Niccea when I read that due to your fairytale allusions, but was thrown off by the “no clues” remark! :\
The end of day one narration contained NO clues. I was just being dramatic, showing that the detective had discovered vital information. Any “clues” that you believe point at Niccea are purely coincidental.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Ochitsukanai at 4:56PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
What, really? I guess I can't say “really weird-ass coincidences never happen in games of Mafia” or anything like that. XD

EDIT: Incidentally, when you quoted that I noticed it could be read as being angry-sounding because of the exclamation points, but I meant it more in a teasing way, like “Nuh-uh, there were sooo clues in that!” I'm totally not trying to be a jerk. o_o

crocty at 4:58PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
Are you kidding? I've just gone through the majority of the comics and every single profile, and you're the only one with a ying-yang. It's not at all obscure, I recognized it at once…and since the Day 1 narrative had a similar vividly clear clue that indicated Niccea as detective, and Niccea then WAS the detective, I'm thinking this style of clue is totally fitting.
Urk, I worded it wrong. And actually now that I think about it, it was a retarded statement anyway. Disregard it.

And as PP just said, it contained no clues.

Prank
Also, to be on the safe side the 2nd Red Baron should prove his innocence by declaring a double lynch and then we should vote off Sunny and Crocty. Just to be safe.
This seems like a bad idea!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Product Placement at 5:01PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
While on subject, how are my narrations treating you guys? Do you find them long winded? Are the jokes in them appealing to your sense of humor? Should they be more gritty? Less gritty? More slapstick? Too silly? Anything you think I can fix?

Feel free to ignore the questions. They're just thinly disguised attempts made by me to fish for compliments because I'm such a self absorbed deuce.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Prank at 5:10PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Before the night ended I asked Red Baron who had revealed his role to him. He confirmed no one had.

If I were detective, the first person I would check on would be the mayor. If I found out he was Mafia, I would not reveal my role but if he weren't I would reveal my role to him and publicly so others could trust the mayor and be granted a bodyguard in return to sleuth safely. This leads me to believe Redbaron is mafia, although not the godfather. Or something like that

Unless he can prove his innocence by allowing to have both Crocty and Sunny lynched.
crocty at 5:15PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
But then the detective would be killed by the other mafiosos. If I found out a mafia member, I wouldn't publicly post “Hey, I'm the detective (HEY MAFIA KILL ME) and I've found a mafia, and therefore are a big threat to the mafia, and killing you would be a benefit you!”

I dunno, maybe Baron is just a townie, and Niccea couldn't trust that he wasn't the godfather?

EDIT: How would lynching two people prove his innocence? Whether either one of us is mafia or not, I still don't see how it's going to work.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Prank at 5:21PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
crocty
But then the detective would be killed by the other mafiosos. If I found out a mafia member, I wouldn't publicly post “Hey, I'm the detective (HEY MAFIA KILL ME) and I've found a mafia, and therefore are a big threat to the mafia, and killing you would be a benefit”

I dunno, maybe Baron is just a townie, and Niccea couldn't trust that he wasn't the godfather?

You forget or are trying to mislead from the fact that the mayor can protect one person at night. By revealing herself publicly and denouncing someone, she would have paramedic support and bodyguard support from a honest mayor.

So I check on the mayor. He is a townie. He may still be godfather. I tell him I'm the detective and checked him out, so protect me. If he doesn't do it, he's the godfather. If he does it, he's probably a townie.

If I check on him and he's mafia, it appears she has to wait until daytime to reveal such a thing and judging by her death, she had found one mafia member only to be killed by another.

Also, you and Sunny are the biggest suspects. I believe you to be mafia mostly for the fact that you were very misleading however you wish for me to disregard it also at being online at the time of me claiming to be Paramedic along with the2ndredbaron and sunny. If he's not mafia, it's in his best interest to kill off both of you until further development of the evidence.
waff at 5:29PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
well pp I like your narratives although I was hoping for something more original in the lynch narrative than (x has been hung, x died). I was hoping for something more along the lines of what BK did (for the people who participated in the 1st game will remember the wizard of oz parody).

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
HyenaHell at 5:33PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Still here! huh!?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Product Placement at 5:34PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
waff
well pp I like your narratives although I was hoping for something more original in the lynch narrative than (x has been hung, x died). I was hoping for something more along the lines of what BK did (for the people who participated in the 1st game will remember the wizard of oz parody).

Point taken. Henceforth shall lynching become more creative.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 5:34PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Prank
You forget or are trying to mislead from the fact that the mayor can protect one person at night. By revealing herself publicly and denouncing someone, she would have paramedic support and bodyguard support from a honest mayor.

So I check on the mayor. He is a townie. He may still be godfather. I tell him I'm the detective and checked him out, so protect me. If he doesn't do it, he's the godfather. If he does it, he's probably a townie.

If I check on him and he's mafia, it appears she has to wait until daytime to reveal such a thing and judging by her death, she had found one mafia member only to be killed by another.

Also, you and Sunny are the biggest suspects. I believe you to be mafia mostly for the fact that you were very misleading however you wish for me to disregard it also at being online at the time of me claiming to be Paramedic along with the2ndredbaron and sunny. If he's not mafia, it's in his best interest to kill off both of you until further development of the evidence.
I'm not trying to mislead, but paramedic support wouldn't always work, as clearly your support on Skullbie didn't. The bodyguard seems unlikely, he said he already chose who he's protecting, but I'm unsure about the timing of that.

If someone was the detective and checked out (lol) someone who turned out to be a godfather, asking them for support would get you killed.

If he's not mafia, killing two people just to prove his innocence makes him a horrible mayor. There's two pieces of evidence, one for each. Sunny's seems way too obscure, not to mention the fact that the clue is not mentioned during a hit. My clue, okay isn't that obscure, but there's one clue pointing to me, and if I was guilty, you would be able to find more than one.
If he is mafia, he'll kill us both without question just to prove his innocence.

Oh snap, look at all this text I typed. I should proof read it. But I'm too lazy, disregard any typos plz~
Kthnxbai!

EDIT: Proofreading made me find an unfinished sentence durrrr
harkovast at 5:44PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I am not mafia, you all know that.
So for once I recomend you all listen to what I have to say!

RED BARON IS MAFIA!

Niccea said to me a in pq that the detective had found red baron was mafia.

Well now she is dead, and SHE WAS THE DETECTIVE!

So red baron is 100% mafia!

I am 100% not mafia, so I have no reason to make this shit up!

LYNCH THE MAYOR!!!! WE ALL VOTED MAFIA!!!!!

(Wow, I cant believe I just said a conspiracy theory and its TRUE! This is a first for me! Red Baron, you are the one who got me into this game, you have only yourself to blame!!!!)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Ochitsukanai at 5:46PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
ATTENTION

Detective Niccea informed me via PQ right before dying that our illustrious mayor is Mafia. I've only just now had time to read all of my mail - I'm working on homework as well as reading this thread.

There should be other people who can confirm this, but I want to say it first; I am willing to sacrifice myself because the Mafia already know my role. Please recognize that if I were Mafia, calling this much attention to myself would be far too risky a chance to take. The odds are decidedly with me being truthful even if you have no reason to believe me.

If I die for sharing this information, it's worth it. My current probable mafia list is Baron, Gullas, and Crocty. If they are all guilty, we can wipe out three-fourths of the mafia quickly.

EDIT: Goddamn, I was a minute too late, but we've both said it and you KNOW Harkovast has to be innocent - he was put in the game after all the Mafia roles were given out.

crocty at 5:49PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
o.o

Wow.
harkovast at 5:50PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
I'm the patron saint of townies!

Any vigilantes out there, please target Red Baron if he survives the vote.

Since ochit has just supported killing the mayor, I trust her view point, so also target crotcy and Gullas!

Vigilantes….Townston needs YOU!!!!

HyenaHell at 5:50PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
RE: Ochi: Unless there's extra mafia. *gasp* And you're both mafia. *gasp*

Edit because this thread moves too f**king fast!
Niccea at 5:52PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Hyena H_ll
Unless there's extra mafia. *gasp*
Nah. We nearly lynched BK for pulling that one us the first game. Um….booo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
crocty at 5:53PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Since ochit has just supported killing the mayor, I trust her view point, so also target crotcy and Gullas!
Ack! I already said, we should get more evidence before convicting someone.

Although, could you elaborate on the Gullas thing, Ochi? I don't believe I saw your evidence for Gullas…

EDIT: Looks like there's nothing else to be said. We're lynching Baron. And so I leave! Toodle pip.

(Darn you all for making me stay up until 2am D; )
harkovast at 5:55PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Normally I bitch about always getting the dull roles….but “innocent man” is the most interesting role ever!
It's really weird to have the complete trust of everyone (where as normally everyone assumes I am evil, and works from there!)

crocty at 5:57PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
:O I trusted you 100% my term!
Aghammer at 5:58PM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
Me either… Prank, you sound more like Harkovast everyday!

And I got in from work, etc… sucky “night”.

Hark… not sure I would ever call you “innocent” :)

crocty
Prank
They did kill twice, I was only saved by Skullbie's protection.
I didn't see anything that implied you were attacked in the narrative, in fact it said noone showed up to kill you…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
HyenaHell at 6:01PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
harkovast
Normally I bitch about always getting the dull roles….but “innocent man” is the most interesting role ever!
It's really weird to have the complete trust of everyone (where as normally everyone assumes I am evil, and works from there!)
I assume you're evil. Seriously. You're just too vocal about being innocent. I think it's a scam and I don't care what anyone says.

That's right. I'm-a just start spoutin' accusatory nonsense on account of otherwise I wouldn't really be, ya know, doin' anything.
Product Placement at 6:01PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
harkovast

It's the “price” to pay for being late. Although… I did include your name when randomly picking the bodyguards and (gasp) the paranoid.

Could “Innocent man” possibly become a new role for future games? 1 or 2 souls that are without shadow of doubt not mafia? Randomly picking people like that could make them prime candidates for the mayor and/or pardoner position at the expense of becoming prime targets for the mafia. Whether or not they become elected would be up to the town.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 6:03PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
Hyena, whoa there!
making while accusations?
Now you are doing my job!

HyenaHell at 6:04PM, April 29, 2009
(online)
harkovast