MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XIII - Heaven or Hell.
Product Placement at 3:11AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Why do I always die quickly in games that involve turning?
Don't know. Looks like you managed to pull a Crocty (being a person that nobody wants to recruit, out of fear that s/he's already been recruited and ends up being killed for it).
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Anthony Mercer at 3:17AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
oh, excitingness!

uhhh, Anthony Mercer has on his topics “Just Joined” and it said in the nar “
Just Started”

That might have been appropriate if the post wasn't from months ago… also, I'd guess a lot of people started topics like that when they first joined.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
crocty at 3:55AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Looks like you managed to pull a Crocty (being a person that nobody wants to recruit, out of fear that s/he's already been recruited and ends up being killed for it).
:( My awesomeness is what killed me in the end…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
gullas at 5:00AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Venturing deeper into the town an energetic imp observed his surroundings. With a deadly weapon in his hands he was eager to prove himself. The orders he received from his lord were simple. Find a source of purity and end it. He didn't like the “or else” part of the order. How was he supposed to know what purity looked like? He's only just started. He can't even desecrate yet.

But as all hopes of succeeding his mission were fading away, hopes formed within him. Over there! This one was different. He could tell. It was as if light emanated from the very center of this being. Certain to himself that an angel was gonna die tonight, the Demon struck forward and dove the sickening blade into the spirit, rending out her spark.

The spirit looks at his tormentor and he's greeted with forgiving eyes. Even though he had just doomed her to oblivion, she was willing to forgive. Such act would humble even a soulless monster and the demon bowed his head with respect as she faded into nothingness.

Niccea the good Samaritan has died.

I have taken the liberty and higlited some parts that I might find clue-ish.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 6:14AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
So is anyone drawing up a list of likely suspects yet?
The angels had better hurry up and get to work on it, because they are rapidly falling behind as far as I can tell.

Wait, if there are now 3 people on team atheist, about 4 on team good and 5 on team evil, how many people are left unconverted and how much longer will it be till all out war starts?

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
ParkerFarker at 6:23AM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Anthony Mercer
ParkerFarker
oh, excitingness!

uhhh, Anthony Mercer has on his topics “Just Joined” and it said in the nar “
Just Started”

That might have been appropriate if the post wasn't from months ago… also, I'd guess a lot of people started topics like that when they first joined.

yeah but “Just Joined” is very similar to “Just started”.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Product Placement at 12:43PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
My my. This will be one interesting night.

*Walks away, humming the tune to “I know something that you don't”*
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 3:06PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
When he is happy that is never a good sign.

In other news, I have mafia pages lined up until the 23rd so I get to take a break for a couple of days.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
waff at 3:27PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
I've just had a crazy idea. If a duel is declared everyone alive could have a mexican standoff and the winning faction leader being the last one standing.
-edit-
but write it so that if everyone is mentioned too mention the faction leaders twice (once by title, once by name).

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Product Placement at 4:15PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Narration

Townston was burning. A fearful Villager ran for his life, dodging the bodies that littered the streets while trying to ignore the screams around him. He had seen much death tonight and he knew it was not over. A dinosaur riding mafia member rampaged across the street spraying his Tommy gun at nearby pedestrians while shouting “you're all going to die, see?”. Many gasped with amazement as the bullets flew through their bodies. After all, this was a drive by worth paying attention to, even if it might cost you your life.

The panicking Villager jumped into a side street where the trash talking dino rider failed to spot him. Tonight he has seen rampaging fembots, cyberninjas, flying piranhas and now, this. When was this madness gonna end. He had no place to go and hide, hoping it would all blow over. after all, the US army just bombarded his house, few minutes ago. Suddenly, a bright light overwhelms his senses. The Villager screams in pain as his retinas burn to crisp and his skin peels off in the scorching heat. The incoming shock wave picks him up…

The Villager woke up in his bed. Everything was arrange the way he remember it to be. Even the socks from last night were still lying in the corner of the room where he had flung them the night before. Startled, he raises himself up and walks to the window. Townston looked pristine. Like nothing had happened at all. Was it all just a dream? He remembered how it was to die so vividly. Like he had actually experienced it. None the less, here he is and everything seems to be normal. Or was it?

Still troubled by his dream the Villager walks down to the ground floor and opens up the trap door in the pantry. While walking down the stairs, his hand reaches out into the dark to pull the cord that activates the light switch. The blood stained light bulb flairs up, illuminating his torture chamber with a crimson hue.

Everything seems to be the way he left it.

Satisfied the Villager turns of the lights and climbs up the stairs only to be greeted with a kick in the face as his head pops up from the floor. He rolls down the floor and cracks his neck, dislocating his head in the progress. As the Villager opens his eyes in shock, he came to realize that he was still alive. His neck wasn't even sore. Raising himself up he looks at the Angelic being that walks down the steps. He became truly shocked as he witnessed the torture tools inside the soundproof room.

“So this is what you did during your weekends off? I was right about you after all. The dark aura surrounding you gave you away as the monster that you truly are.”
“Are you here to kill me?” Asks the Villager, with a hint of shock, still trying to understand what was going on.
“Kill you? You're already dead! I'm here to end you.” Replied the Angel and revealed his flaming sword.

Not giving his target a chance to respond the Angel swung his sword and chopped the head of the soul which quickly dissipated in the air. The torso ignited in flames as it burned of into nothingness.

Salsa the rebellious Hitler is Dead.

“You killed someone who could have been a valuable asset to our cause” hissed a creature behind the Angel. Turning around to investigate, his stomach gets penetrated by a blackened blade that curves itself upwards into his chest cavity. The Demon sneers into his face as he pulls out the scythe.

The Angel collapses to the ground, twisting in pain. Pleased with his progress, the Demon puts a cigarette in his mouth. “Two good souls in a row. Heh. My master will be most pleased with me. I don't suppose you can give me a light with that sword of yours? It would make my victory that much more sweeter.”

“Allow me!” Yelled the Archangel as he plowed through the flooring above him. The demon, caught completely by surprise, fails to react in time and is tackled by the Archangel. The angel thrusts the sword, through him, with such might that he ends up pinned to a nearby wall.

ParkerFarker the Doomguard is Dead.

Spending a second to calm down, the Archangel comforts his follower. He had never heard of anyone surviving a wound from hell forged weaponry and mourned his loss. As his spark faded ever more, he spoke to his lord his farewell words “Please do not feel sorry for me. These past few days I've experienced true happiness. Thanks to you I saw the gates of heaven, felt the purity of Celestia and was entrusted with a weapon few get to yield. I ow it all to you and thus am proud to have served you.” As he fades in the Archangels arms, his leader wowed to see to it that the Demons shall never be allowed to take this town.

crocty the Heavenly agent of destruction is Dead.

Tonight, another rebellious spirit came to be. The angels recruited another follower and the Demons submitted another soul. Sensing the loss of his Doomguard, the Pit Lord entrusted his second scythe to one of his remaining minions.

Turn 6 has begun.

Insider info:
Actions:
Angels:
Kitty17 attacks ParkerFarker. Success
Crocty attacks Salsa. Success
Ochitsukanai recruits Aghammer. Failure
therealtj recruits gullas. Success

Demons:
Harkovast makes Aghammer a Doomguard. Success
Hakoshen recruits Aevalor. Failure
Anthony Mercer recruits Martinlo_23. Success
ParkerFarker kills Crocty. Success
blergness recruits Herio. Failure

Rebellious Spirits:
GarBonzo Bean becomes a Rebellious Spirit. Success

Current members list:
Angels
Kitty17 - Archangel
crocty - A Heavenly Agent of Destruction - Dead
Ochitsukanai - Angel
therealtj - Angel
gullas - Angel

Demons
Harkovast - Pit Lord
ParkerFarker - Doomguard - Dead
Aghammer - Doomguard
Hakoshen - Demon
Anthony Mercer - Demon
Blergess - Demon
Martinlo_23 - Demon

Rebellious Spirits
Waff - Atheist.
Salsa - Rebellious Hitler - Dead
Rokulily - Rebellious Hitler
Aevalor - Rebellious Spirit
herio - Rebellious Spirit
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 4:19PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)

I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Exzachly at 4:44PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Hmmm, looks like the demons are just killing all the regulars that aren't on their side, assuming that they've already been turned into angels. I'm pretty sure the angels are killing off the people that they failed to recruit. Only the guards can kill before the war is declared right? Pretty risky strategy to leave all those clues behind pointing to your bodyguards. All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Exzachly at 4:49PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
crocty

What the…? ohh.. eehhh… blarg

EXZACHLY THE EPILEPTIC IS DEAD
Product Placement at 4:51PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?
For the war to begin, I need either side to declare war, the Pit Lord or the Archangel to be attacked, or the total number of wandering souls/rebellious spirits to drop down to 5 (the last condition has almost been met).

And I wouldn't say that clue solving is utterly useless. Figuring out who the Doomguard was helped the angels to kill him off. Now the Demons can do the same.

Also the Atheist can look at the clues and ponder about them until his powers activate.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Exzachly at 5:14PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Exzachly
All these clues about and no reason to solve them… when's this war gonna be declared?
For the war to begin, I need either side to declare war, the Pit Lord or the Archangel to be attacked, or the total number of wandering souls/rebellious spirits to drop down to 5 (the last condition has almost been met).
Don't worry, I read the rules. I'm just waiting for it to happen. I guess there's really no reason for the angels and demons to NOT keep recruiting until there's only 5 left. If we do this game again, there should be some incentive for declaring war, like if you declare war you get 3 souls or something.
Product Placement
And I wouldn't say that clue solving is utterly useless.
Oh, its definitely not useless. I worded that badly, sorry. I meant, for me personally, the majority of clues are irrelevant.
harkovast at 5:31PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
exazchly I suppose if you wanted to screw one side or another you could solve clues and announce it.
For example, an angel figures out who a demon killer is, he can just say it on the forum, since it does him no harm to let the aetheists know.
I suppose the only down side would be making himself the immediate target for everyone on the other side….so maybe not!

therealtj at 5:33PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
crocty

I'm quite disconerted right now.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Product Placement at 5:34PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
Exzachly
If we do this game again, there should be some incentive for declaring war, like if you declare war you get 3 souls or something.
We could do that. My reasons behind having the number of remaining souls so low was because I wanted to focus the fight between the Archangel and the Pit Lord. That's why I gave them things like, declare a duel (hint hint). The Atheist is more of the wild card. He could have gotten a huge boost to his force, if either leader started the war prematurely, or if the Pit Lord, or the Archangel got attacked or they tried to recruit the Atheist early in the game. However it's in the best interest of the other two leaders to recruit as many followers as possible before starting the war.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
herio at 6:20PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
hangs around whathing for the war and plays the that death song again* how well how ever this plays out its getting relay interesting

i found a another song about death

i don't live in the usa i wonder was this ever changed

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ParkerFarker at 6:56PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(online)
crocty
Product Placement
Looks like you managed to pull a Crocty (being a person that nobody wants to recruit, out of fear that s/he's already been recruited and ends up being killed for it).
:( My awesomeness is what killed me in the end…

no, this time you were killed by my scythe.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
Salsa at 7:48PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
The only two roles I could have gotten that would have been more Ironic is the Atheist and the Pit Lord. Farewell cruel afterlife. Maybe next game.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
InuYasha_Rules at 9:48PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
First, I'm upset that you have titled me the freakazoid. :( Why? And I was wondering if you could make a list of ppl still and alive and those that are dead please?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Niccea at 10:20PM, Aug. 16, 2009
(offline)
InuYasha_Rules
First, I'm upset that you have titled me the freakazoid. :( Why? And I was wondering if you could make a list of ppl still and alive and those that are dead please?
Um…Inu…everyone is dead.

Except for me. I came back to life spontaneously.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
harkovast at 1:22AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
Salsa, the fact you consider yourself more like hitler then like an atheist is rather surprising!

Product Placement at 2:28AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
First, I'm upset that you have titled me the freakazoid. :( Why?
That wasn't a title. It was supposed to be a joke that everyone in town had these super roles in life (except for crocty).

And who doesn't want to be this?

I thought a bit about it and I think that if this game is ever run again, the Atheist should be altered so that his mindcrush power activates immediately. He's himself is not allowed to vote at first but all his rebellious spirits can. Thus the first rebellious spirit has totalitarian rule about who lives or dies, two people can decide the next turn, then three and so on. Once the war starts and he stops feeling confused, he gets to vote as well and his vote counts as two. It should act as a nice incentive for the faction leaders to not drag it on for too long before starting the war.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 6:55AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
oh yeah, out of the 6 games I've played, this was the first kill role I've ever gotten.

harkovast at 9:57AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
Parker, you demonic murder monkey!

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:40AM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
Why no one whats a monkey on there team? I have a sickly feeling that I'm already on the Atheist side without knowing. Atheist I will bring you down for randomly choosing me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
harkovast at 1:31PM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
TFGM I think you get told when you get recruited by the atheist.
Being an atheist sucks anyway! You have to worship a test tube and believe richard dawkins and charles Darwin are Jesus's parents!
What a bunch of crap!

therealtj at 1:40PM, Aug. 17, 2009
(online)
harkovast
TFGM I think you get told when you get recruited by the atheist.
Being an atheist sucks anyway! You have to worship a test tube and believe richard dawkins and charles Darwin are Jesus's parents!
What a bunch of crap!
No, that's scientology.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon