Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXVIII: Mafia NOIR - Sign up thread
Niccea at 8:47AM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
“How do you noir a library? …Or a mustache shop for that matter?” Niccea said as she began to pry boards off a long abandoned store called “Ms. Ochi's.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Hakoshen at 9:11AM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
Moreover, how can you noirrify a Gamestop? That place is a technicolor madhouse!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Kroatz at 9:33AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
I Am The 1337 Master
and my avatar support Harkovast!
Then shouldn't you in theory, have to say the teapot sentence, every time that you post with that avi?
Harkovast doesn't count as advertisement, it's harkotisement!

Niccea
“How do you noir a library? …Or a mustache shop for that matter?” Niccea said as she began to pry boards off a long abandoned store called “Ms. Ochi's.”

I'll be able to do it, just you wait.

Zeph
Alright I like this avatar much better.
Me too!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Zeph at 10:05AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Alright I like this avatar alot more.

Zeph sits on a stool in the local bar, underaged he can't really drink anything, but he spins on the stool none the less, the bartender stairs at him funny, Zeph stairs at the bar tender with a blank stare. “Kid what are you doing in here?” the bartender asks gruffly, Zeph scratches his chin. “Good question.” he responds, his candy ciggerette bouncing in his mouth. “That would be because I got kicked out of Niccea's library.”
“Any reason?” the bar tender asked, a snarl in his tone, Zeph didn't seem to notice it, he span on the stool in thought for a moment before responding. “I think it was something about me trying to replace some of the books with playboy magazines.”
“I see, don't libraries have those anyway?”
“Well you see it was childrens books.”
“You're a sick man.”
“I THOUGHT IT WAS A FUNNY GAG!”
“You don't do that!”
“Well fine! I know that now! Geezus, you're acting like I just tried to kill Barney.”
“Nobody cares if you kill Barney.”
“OH good, then you won't yell at me when you go to throw out the trash.”
“He's in the dumpster isn't he…”
“Yep.”
The bartender rubs his temples staring at Zeph, who adjusts his fedora and spins some more.
“You're the worst noir character there is…” the bartender growled, Zeph tilted his head.
“Bull. I murder peple, I commit Crimes, and then I cover it up with newspapers. Kinda like when a dog takes a pee.”
“…”
“You're the worst bartender I ever met, letting a 19 year old into the bar unaccompanied by 21 or-”
Zeph found his ass thrown out faster than he could finish that sentance.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
therealtj at 10:18AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
TJ sat in his smoke filled office. He knew it was only a matter of minutes before some dame burst through that door and ruined his tranquil evenings. Or that damned phone and its horrid ring. He kicked his feet up on his desk and stuck in his last cigarrete. As he flicked his match against the side of his desk, perfectly on cue, a visitor burst through his door.

TJ lit up his cig and pulled down his fedora. “I'll take the case,” he said in his suavest voice.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
Zeph at 10:22AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Heh heh. I'm the worst noir character…

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Anthony Mercer at 10:26AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
I was looking out of the window of my apartment, the shady corners of the streets lit only by the occasional flash of a cigarette lighter, when it suddenly occurred to me that all I know about Noir is what I've seen on Whose Line Is It Anyway?.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Mettaur at 11:11AM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
(How would you norify the Vault? A former military base? A sewer system I cleaned out and civilized to live in? I prefer a regular vault…mah, either or.)

As I left the comforts of my home, I stretched my legs, getting ready for what Ninja might have done whilst I was gone. As I enter teh store, I notice that empty bottles are strewn all over. Not a unusual variable, but there was also blood. And Ninja was dragging a bloody sack behind him. As I stand there, he cheerily says,“Another day at Jninja's Loot ‘n Hooch!”. Now, this had happened before. It either meant A, Ninja got drunk, got a nosebleed from his stumbling around, and now was dragging out a bag of bloody merchandise to sell off as painted red…or B, our suspect that was to be handled nicely was shot by a drunken store owner.

“Lemme guess, you’re going to sell that to my greatest enemy?”
“Yep!”
“So, you're not going to give what's in that sack a funeral of sorts?”
“Nope!”
“And do you find any irony that the body you want to sell to Gullas was the same man that was supposed to give us dirt on him?”
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Zeph at 11:17AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
It's not that hard to noirfiy things. Just remove the color, splash in some red, and tada.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 11:20AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Oh! Smoking's cool now is it?

Fine!

I smoked a smoke in my smoke filled smoke smoke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:21AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
(How would you norify the Vault? A former military base? A sewer system I cleaned out and civilized to live in? I prefer a regular vault…mah, either or.)

As I left the comforts of my home, I stretched my legs, getting ready for what Ninja might have done whilst I was gone. As I enter teh store, I notice that empty bottles are strewn all over. Not a unusual variable, but there was also blood. And Ninja was dragging a bloody sack behind him. As I stand there, he cheerily says,“Another day at Jninja's Loot ‘n Hooch!”. Now, this had happened before. It either meant A, Ninja got drunk, got a nosebleed from his stumbling around, and now was dragging out a bag of bloody merchandise to sell off as painted red…or B, our suspect that was to be handled nicely was shot by a drunken store owner.

“Yep!”
“Nope!”
“And do you find any irony that the body you want to sell to Gullas was the same man that was supposed to give us dirt on him?”

You ignored my avi for you?! This means war!

I still have those nanites I talked about in early games. So I'm sending them across Townston turning all the colors into black, white and shades of gray!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
same at 11:22AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Hakoshen
Moreover, how can you noirrify a Gamestop? That place is a technicolor madhouse!

Battle toads.
Hakoshen at 11:26AM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
same
Hakoshen

Battle toads.

That's just wrong.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Ochitsukanai at 11:31AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
Well well, the ochi has returned.
Ahaha, “the ochi.”
But of course I remember you, you're TFGM's college friend. Niccea and I made you a monocle avatar.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
OMFG!!! *Running tackle hug*
D'aww. -hug-

Ahaha, I'd forgotten the side effect of this game was constant lurking and reading of comics. I've read/caught up with lots of player comics already, though~

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Zeph at 11:31AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
same
Oh! Smoking's cool now is it?

Fine!

I smoked a smoke in my smoke filled smoke smoke.

I didn't have a suit for Cross, so I just gave him a cig. Even if it's just a candy one.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:59AM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Randomdudeperson
Well well, the ochi has returned.
Ahaha, “the ochi.”
But of course I remember you, you're TFGM's college friend. Niccea and I made you a monocle avatar.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
OMFG!!! *Running tackle hug*
D'aww. -hug-

Ahaha, I'd forgotten the side effect of this game was constant lurking and reading of comics. I've read/caught up with lots of player comics already, though~

Glad to have you back :D

Have you caught up with my comic yet? :3

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 12:07PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Ochitsukanai
I go trough phases like that, where I'm reading through everyone's comic and then stop completely. At first I did it only to familiarize myself with the stories, for clue solving but then I realized that people don't really make clues based on comics anymore. Now I go through the comics when I'm feeling bored.

P.S. Glad to have you back.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 12:32PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
At first I did it only to familiarize myself with the stories, for clue solving but then I realized that people don't really make clues based on comics anymore.

I will.
My clues will be based on EVERYTHING. from random comments, comics, avi's, actual facts about the persons themselves, the countries of origin, haircolor, drawing style, favourites, age, opinion of Harkovast and also wether they are being active or lurking.

- Albert Einstein
Zeph at 1:08PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Product Placement
At first I did it only to familiarize myself with the stories, for clue solving but then I realized that people don't really make clues based on comics anymore.

I will.
My clues will be based on EVERYTHING. from random comments, comics, avi's, actual facts about the persons themselves, the countries of origin, haircolor, drawing style, favourites, age, opinion of Harkovast and also wether they are being active or lurking.

Well I'm boned. “The assasin slit his throat with the knife, and then muttered about how much he dislikes furries”

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Ochitsukanai at 1:17PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Of course I did, since you're a bunch of cats in a man suit. It's amazing you can draw a comic at all. I had to see it.
Product Placement
Man…I'm glad they will be this time, or I'd have done lots of research for no reason.

hehehe, “research.” I must get started on my annotated bibliography straightaway.

Kroatz at 1:27PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Ochitsukanai
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Of course I did, since you're a bunch of cats in a man suit. It's amazing you can draw a comic at all. I had to see it.
Product Placement
Man…I'm glad they will be this time, or I'd have done lots of research for no reason.

hehehe, “research.” I must get started on my annotated bibliography straightaway.

I'm gonna make just clues about mystery bread.
Just to bug you. Hehe.

- Albert Einstein
rokulily at 1:35PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
the girl sat by the window of her shop sipping tea as it rained cats an' dogs outside. the streets were barren. the world was grey. the bread was delicious and the cake was not a lie.

she opened the newspaper. iceland was still pouring smoke into the skys, and the sea was black with oil spills. the world still in chaos, nothing new. in local events the mustsached saint ochi the trend setter had returned to the dark streets of townston. finally some good news, the girl smiled to herself.

the shop bell rang. a man dressed to the nines stepped in from the rain. he wasted no time, “the cookies are a lie!” he proclaimed.

the girl stood up, fixed her hat an' veil, and walked up to the man. “nonsense, this is a bakery. no baked good is a lie here. i just finished that last batch of snickerdoodles minutes ago. now… what'll ya have?”

the man stood aghast “wha- snickerdoodles aren't really noir sounding”

“i don't care mac. i baked ‘em, they’re cinnamonny delicious, and if you got nothin' better to do telling people that my cookies are lies then we're going to have words pretty soon. now, what'll have?”

he ordered some snickerdoodles and went his way off into the grey. the girl watched him go. nobody messes with rokulilies cookies.

but really, i actually made some snickerdoodles. they exist and i have them, mhuhahaha!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Mettaur at 1:40PM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Mettaur

“Yep!”
“Nope!”

You ignored my avi for you?! This means war!

I still have those nanites I talked about in early games. So I'm sending them across Townston turning all the colors into black, white and shades of gray!
I was at school and in a rush to say that noir stuff. No time to save the picture and upload it. I'll do it now, 'kay?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Kroatz at 1:52PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
rokulily
snickerdoodles.
Yummie. Nobody messes with snickerdoodles. EVER.

And where's Gullas?

- Albert Einstein
Ochitsukanai at 2:02PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I'm gonna make just clues about mystery bread.
Just to bug you. Hehe.
Alas, Niccea will be lynched due to them. It won't be the first time, but it'll still be sad. :(

same at 2:12PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
New Kroatz quote.
Kroatz
Yummie. Snickerdoodles.
Mettaur at 2:18PM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
Does anyone else here watch Deadliest Warrior? New episode this night, squad on squad, SS vs. Vietcong. If not, I guess I'm the biggest nerd here.

As I walked over for a mop, to clean up the mess Ninja made, wondering if he would still be there once I turned around, I heard something. A rumbling on the horizon. And there I saw it, a Armadillo stampede.“Ninja, no time for my shock at your ethnics, board up the windows! They is coming for me teapots!”
“I thought I was the crazy one around here…”

After the battle was over, I walked over to the only armadillo not to have turned tail and retreat.“So, still hungry?” But it faked being tired, and took a large chomp of my drink serving device. Then he wadled away as I said,“Damnit, a armadillo ate my teapot! Again!”
same at 2:22PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
I think Kroatz may have just invented a way to ignore plugs straight away. The armadillo teapot method (as I'm now gonna call it) allows you to skip to the end of the scentence and see if you should ignore it.

Congratulations Kroatz. Innovator of words.

Also I'm dubbin Mett the teapotsman.

Or T. Potman
jninjashadow at 2:41PM, May 18, 2010
(online)
I walk out side. It rains various small creatures. Never build a pet shop near a mine field again.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Mettaur at 2:45PM, May 18, 2010
(offline)
Getting ready for a loud groan, I prepare to tell possibly the worst joke of my life,“So…raining cats and dogs? And other critters too?”

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon