MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXVI: Trick or Townston
Niccea at 6:58PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Also guys, please don't send out the next cycle's actions until I put up the narration. It makes it easier for me to sort through. I'm not counting the couple of votes I had received before the narration went up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
same at 7:04PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Clues in this

““Don’t look so glum. You will never catch up to the Zombie and me.” Salsa looked up just in time to be punched in the face, loosing his tooth.

Im gonna look into the you'll never catch me part and the loss of tooth.

Edit: If I cant find anything else in the other players Im blamming Mett for his word wall.

Edit Edit: I take that back. Im bored of this reading. Cant find clues. Not much to work off apart from those 2 lines meaning I have to use my full ass to play. And I was hoping to get away with playing half assedly.

Edit Edit Edit: I would have suspected Hark but then it turned out I misread his profile.

I read: “My name is Daniel Stribley, and I punch people in the face and knock their teeth out” but it just turned out to be “My name is Daniel Stribley, and I write and draw the comic Harkovast.”

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Asmun at 7:33PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
I would really like to trust Mettuar because I greatly respect his (more recent) well-mannered communication, but I seem to be caught up in a bit of meta-meta-analysis of my own. He seems a bit accuse-y, and his early “kid speech” strikes me as a form of defensive cover. The only problem with my thought process is that most of it also applies to me… But that is my reasoning and as such I intend to vote for his removal from the party. Just thought I'd let you all know beforehand. Also, I have no special role.
“Thanks for standin' still, wanka.”

~Team Fortress 2 Sniper
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
jninjashadow at 7:45PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Two people suggesting the scapegoating of Mett… I'd be a bad leader if I DIDN'T agree! Until such a time as we have evidence as to the identity of the true vampire, I say its Mett. Because he is the most likely suspect.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
same at 7:52PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Thinking on a behavioural basis who would make salsa their first target?

Thinking like a general mafia player YOU'RE ALL UNTRUSTWORTHY!!!

All i found out is:

Alwin is has caught tron fever.
Mettaur.
1337 has too many comics with no pages that have been there for ages.
Roku is being Wooed online. (I think its product placement)
Hakoshens avatar is a preview of a comic he is planning.
Some people only have avatars and sigs that can be used as clues.
I grow tired of reading long profiles.
Hakoshen at 8:57PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
same
I grow tired of reading long profiles.

my profile
This profile is only as fleshed out as it is to confuse them.

Because the only way to get a point across this game is, apparently, to have a picture.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Salsa at 11:44PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Welp, that figures.

Seriously? Is my luck that horrible?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
maru at 3:55AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
So, anyone else notice Product has been unusually quiet?
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Mettaur at 3:57AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Asmun
I would really like to trust Mettuar because I greatly respect his (more recent) well-mannered communication, but I seem to be caught up in a bit of meta-meta-analysis of my own. He seems a bit accuse-y, and his early “kid speech” strikes me as a form of defensive cover. The only problem with my thought process is that most of it also applies to me… But that is my reasoning and as such I intend to vote for his removal from the party. Just thought I'd let you all know beforehand. Also, I have no special role.
I'm honored! But I have to go to school now, I'll poke enough holes to make swiss cheese through that theory once I come back.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
jninjashadow at 4:09AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
I just received some incredible news from someone claiming to be the tattle-tell. If this wasn't the real one, now would be the time to tell me! Serious.
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:33AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Well that shows my “opponent”.
Don't fight the power!!!!!

But it was still a monster who took out the other monster and that can never be good.

“Jump on board” “In the face” and “cracked his glow stick” are the clues I see…maybe…

To same: I know. :D

To Hakoshen: of course.

To maru: Yes. Yes he has.

To my dear friend Jninja: Will you reveal this to the public or not?

I hope this incident sort of maybe proves my innocence…

And I will join in with the Mettaur lynch but I have a feeling we'll be taking out a townie.

Well if all else fails we know we can blame it on a newbie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
same at 6:20AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
maru

Dont think hes online as much as he used to be.
Niccea at 6:27AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Ok. I updated votes. You have less than 12 hours.
Product Placement at 8:40AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
maru
During the signup, Product Placement
I'm gonna be traveling for the next week so I'm probably not going to be active much but might pop up from time to time. Then again, who knows… I might be pretty active, depending on how much computer access I'll end up getting.

So don't expect much of me but sign me up anyways.
Also, if you had looked at the time stamp from when I was last online (to late for that now) you would have seen that my last time online was few days ago.
same
Now why would you think that?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
same at 11:08AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
same
Now why would you think that?

Because I was trying to fit you into my research somewhere.
jninjashadow at 11:56AM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
I am saddened to say, that thus far, my source hasn't been refuted, thus I have no other choice but to tell you that the “tattle-tale” points their finger at my counter part 1337 master, with the accusation of monster-hood. Such a claim makes sense, as 1337 has a motive for Salsa's death (Salsa's nay-saying) tho there have been no incriminating clues put forward. 1337, for your sake, find a more likely suspect pronto.
Keybounce at 12:26PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
Alright, lets see if I understand this correctly:

JNinja claims that someone claimed to him that 1337 is a monster.

But we don't know (because this is Mafia) that Jay actually got contacted. We don't know if the person who contacted him is the Tattle Tale. We don't even know if the real tattle tale checked Jay out, and found that Jay was a monster, thereby knowing not to tell Jay anything.

Heck, if Jay was a monster, then pretending to have been told by the Tattle Tale is a potentially safe move – the real tattle tale doesn't want to reveal themself, so the claim can go unchallenged.

Either way, it seem that the best move for the kids now is to take out the big kids, because it seems like they are protecting at least one monster. Heck, they might be protecting both surviving monsters (and yikes! if that's the case).

Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 12:39PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Why's everyone hating on wheat!!!???

And I have no defenses…

My pouting now will be that I hope I don't get lynched.

:(

By seeing the voting that means that the alleged tattle tale is Anthony.

…But I still got two full pardons to use…

Wait. So your idea is to kill the big kids because me or jninja might be a monster?

…this game is insanity.

I think I would just step down and join the non-talkers or do-ers of anything.

…I might sound defensive but life is just too good as pardoner.

And if Mercer or whomever claims to be the Tattler really wants me dead then he may as well tell everyone instead of just jninja.

So…I might have to work against you buddy.

You know…if all else fails you could just…trust in me…
jninjashadow at 1:00PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
Keybounce
LETS HATE ON THE GOV'MENT! JNINJA IS LYING TO US!
Players punched by mayor Jninja: 2
I play with what I'm dealt kid. I plan to out my source to the crowd should they be lying, which any one WOULD do, so the validity of their claim can in fact be made by the logic that NO ONE would be stupid enough to lie under penalty of a quick death. Think about it, if my source IS lying, he'll be dead come next lynch. Sooner if the other monster tears up their only remaining competition. And if said second monster does tear into the a fore mentioned liar, we get a clue to bring us a step closer to ending this thing. But, in the even my source is correct, we also get closer to ending this. Win-win yes? And really sorry bout this 1337. Seriously, find us evidence to clear your name and I'll take EVERY WORD back, then eat them publicly.
Salsa at 1:38PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Well, have fun trick-or-treating with out me.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Mettaur at 2:15PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Mettaur is an innocent trick-or-treater. If you have any clues, anything accusing me, please state it now so I may give the good reason it is wrong. :)

Really, I'm an innocent, is this what happens when you've played for some time? People jump on you because you are clever in betrayal?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Asmun at 3:06PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Keybounce
LETS HATE ON THE GOV'MENT! JNINJA IS LYING TO US!
Players punched by mayor Jninja: 2
I play with what I'm dealt kid. I plan to out my source to the crowd should they be lying, which any one WOULD do, so the validity of their claim can in fact be made by the logic that NO ONE would be stupid enough to lie under penalty of a quick death. Think about it, if my source IS lying, he'll be dead come next lynch. Sooner if the other monster tears up their only remaining competition. And if said second monster does tear into the a fore mentioned liar, we get a clue to bring us a step closer to ending this thing. But, in the even my source is correct, we also get closer to ending this. Win-win yes? And really sorry bout this 1337. Seriously, find us evidence to clear your name and I'll take EVERY WORD back, then eat them publicly.

There is one problem with your defense: If you are completely lying and there has actually been no contact made to you by any alleged Tattle Tale, you could easily be using all of us to simply eliminate two people (the “falsely lynched” and the person you “out” as the Tattle Tale). However, all that aside, I would tend to believe your claims simply because of your wording; you just don't sound like you're lying, to me. Also, Mettaur, I apologize for misspelling your name earlier, but I still think you have something to hide, mostly because the woe-is-me defense is a bit cliché. Unfortunately, this results in a catch 22 for you, as any attempt to defend your alleged innocence could probably be manipulated to turn more voters against you, and for this, too, I sincerely apologize. One final note, I completely agree with the notion to find and eliminate the Big Kids, because the odds that at least one of the two elected officials is a primary target are simply too great.

~Team Fortress 2 Sniper
jninjashadow at 3:30PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(online)
There is one problem with this “Remove the big kid scheme” This is an infection game. Without protection, I'd be susceptible to infection. You claim there is a good chance at at least one evil leader, why MAKE a second? Further, as of yet, there has been no infections, so your plan involves killing to innocent townies JUST to attack the leaders who you think may be evil.
Mettaur at 3:48PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
The chance of me being a leader are quite null. I am naught but a Candy-Hunter in a giant pickle he grew and soaked in brine for a year. I say we jump on kicking Asmun out of the group, as he is using logic while sound, is more against the good guys here, as Jninja stated before me.

Besides, I know a house that gives out entire Hershey Bar's.
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:58PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
The point you guys have against me is quite good and I have no way to deny it.

But I can say you should have voted against me if you really don't believe in me before deadline because…it was now or an hour ago and as long as Niccea's list is right only the (probably false) Tattle Tale, Mercer, has voted against me and I did say I would blame the death of Mettuar the townie (if he has not lied to me) on the person who said we should've voted for them.

So…figure out if you hate me or not.

Please and thank you,

Mr Pardoner.
Niccea at 5:03PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Ok. I just got in, so I will tally up any votes that came in when I was gone. (First day at my new job)

Also, I will extend the cycle by an hour just because I wasn't around to update. You have until 8 pm CST. (note: all other cycles will be on time for the duration of the game)
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:10PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Niccea
Ok. I just got in, so I will tally up any votes that came in when I was gone. (First day at my new job)
Ah. So they still could have voted against me.

That's a little better.

We'll see if you got rid of the right man or not I guess.
Asmun at 5:33PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Keybounce
Alright, lets see if I understand this correctly:

JNinja claims that someone claimed to him that 1337 is a monster.

But we don't know (because this is Mafia) that Jay actually got contacted. We don't know if the person who contacted him is the Tattle Tale. We don't even know if the real tattle tale checked Jay out, and found that Jay was a monster, thereby knowing not to tell Jay anything.

Heck, if Jay was a monster, then pretending to have been told by the Tattle Tale is a potentially safe move – the real tattle tale doesn't want to reveal themself, so the claim can go unchallenged.

Either way, it seem that the best move for the kids now is to take out the big kids, because it seems like they are protecting at least one monster. Heck, they might be protecting both surviving monsters (and yikes! if that's the case).

This was my mistake. I was unaware that Keybounce is a noob like myself, and I thought he knew what he was talking about when he said that we would have to take out the Big Kids in order to lynch the Leader and/or Soft-hearted, but as TFGM just corrected me, this is not true. Why didn't anyone else point this out after Keybounce brought it up? If I had known this, I would've just said we should try to figure out which of the leaders is more suspicious so we can lynch him. Mettaur, who does not appear to be a noob, should have corrected me, and the fact that he didn't, even when accusing me of trying to take out the “good guys,” and we don't even know who the “good guys” are yet. +Suspicion Mettaur

~Team Fortress 2 Sniper
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:39PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Asmun
believes in me unlike everyone else.

You get a plus 4.
Niccea at 6:02PM, Oct. 25, 2010
(offline)
Voting closed. Working on narration.