Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Nightmares
Memmy at 6:38PM, June 30, 2007
(offline)
When I was a kid, my closet had no doors. So when it was dark, there's lots of little shadows and sometime it seems to be moving. Having toys in closets doesnt help when they have beady eyes… I usually have nightmares of things watching me, but I couldnt see them. Oh yeah… Other nightmares was either monsters under my bed or freaks behind my feet in my bed who will rise and grab me.

Lots of good memories of my childhood. Sigh.

I've sleepwalked and often wake up with vague memories of my nightmare. One of my experence was of people locking me up in a room and I was pounding along the wall/door and begging them to let me out. After awhile I saw a switch and reached to use it. Then I woke up holding my door open and facing my Dad who asked why I was tapping along on the wall above my bed in the middle of the night and turning on the light.

I was so confused at that time. haha.

My most recent nightmare was this morning. I dreamt that I wasnt brushing my teeth enough so now its turning black, crusting and falling apart with some teeth missing. I was desperatly trying to brush my teeth in hope of reversing the problem. My mouth became every dentist nightmare… It was gross.

The first thing I did after waking up was check to see if it was true and then brush vigorously. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
zekeybomb at 8:31PM, June 30, 2007
(offline)
nice memmy
somthing about the lighting in wal greens makes you want to steal or pay half btw go here http://www.drunkduck.com/community/?comic_id=18512
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
Aurora Moon at 11:45PM, July 3, 2007
(offline)
well, I had a nightmare just now. (woke up).

it started out cool at first. I was doing this charity work like I used to, and it was to raise funds… anyway. our theme was “zombie acyclose” where we'd have tons of things to do that would educate you on what to do in case of an zombie acyclose, and even had like this educational short on the different types of zombies.

anyway to finish of this recreation we had tons of volunteers who were working with us dress up like zombies, and I would have all those who came to the charity event sit in those built model fake houses where it elevated them high off the ground where it'd be hard for a zombie to get to them. and they were given paint-ball guns, so any time any fake zombie ever tried to get into their model scale house, they'd have to practice their target practice by shooting the “zombies” with their paint ball pellets.

yeah, I know it doesn't sound scary but it was mostly what happened in my head. it was like in the dream I started to get this weird feeling, and think: “What if this ‘fake’ acycosle turned out to be real? then it'd be my fault that those people coming here to learn about zombies got killed by real zombies because they thought the zombies were fake!”

and one came too close to me, and I was like telling hon not to since I worked the charity event…but he didn't listen to me and just kept on coming closer and closer like an zombie which freaked me out. so instead of the paint ball gun I had, I pulled out a huge real gun out of my big purse, and shot the zombie in the head. and I was thinking: “damn, what if I shot an innocent person just trying to prank me because of my paranoid mind?!”

and then that was when I woke up, feeling bad even though it was just a dream. actually I think this dream was inspired by the zombie thread… I blame it!
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
LowResAtari at 12:06AM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
I had a dream when I was 3 that I was eaten by a desklamp.

I'm now afraid of desklamps.
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
mechanical_lullaby at 6:25AM, July 4, 2007
(online)
I had this dream the other night that I was popping a pimple on my nose except there was a huge amount that came out at once and it ripped the skin on my nose in half and I played with the flap of skin hanging off my nose for the rest of my dream.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
ZeroVX at 6:56AM, July 4, 2007
(online)
I don't know if this could be classified as a nightmare, but I think it almost was.

I was walking around in a forest with two other people. We were looking for rare wildlife(I think). Then the forest began to flood. So, we ran to a different part of the forest, which was somehow unaffected. Then, we saw this old guy with a skunk the size of a dog. When we asked him why he was there, he said he was looking for his cousin, who was a vampire. I then said “Wait, did you say vampire?”. And he said yes. So I said “OK. I'm done. See ya.” And they said “OK. See ya.” Then I walked into this cave-thing and then I woke up.

Like I said, it could've been a nightmare.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
simonitro at 7:19AM, July 4, 2007
(offline)
Nightmares… *sigh* Where can I begin? I have tons of those!

Recently, I'm having college/universtiy nightmares (although, I graduated 2 years ago), but dammit… it's haunting me again. It's like you're in the middle of a fucking exam and you're stuck like forever and this exam determines your future… time runs out… and I go: “Holy shit! Holy shit!” After a week, I'm ready to see my result but there were so many students and papers and I'm sweating like crazy… I reach to my name and PUFF… end of dream! I wake up in horror! It has been happening to me recently… it gives me the chills!

Another nightmare… it was the end of 2005 or beginning of 2006, I dreamt that I didn't watch the entire Fifa World Cup 2006! I woke up like crazy!

Another nightmare… this one was fucking scary! I was in a cemetery and I enter a room and the door suddenly closes. I look in front and I see a huge set of open caskets, and what I saw is an entire family is dead WITH THEIR EYES ARE WIDE OPEN. There was a dead woman looking at me and she has those freaky hair and it kept on staring at me and I can't stare away. It's fucking eerie!

Another nightmare… Since I live in the Middle East, I dreamt that a nuclear bomb had hit Iran and the explosion was spreading from Iran to Lebanon. To this day, my heart is pumping me! It's like a sign that it will happen in the future… I'm scared of it.

Another nightmare… when I was younger around 15-16, I used to have these constant dreams that I'm trapped under ice or something and I cannot breathe… it felt it was real… I thought I was suffocating and I can't open my eyes… FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE SOMEONE WAKE ME UP! I managed to open one eye, to see my mom wondering in the room… I'm trying to yell: mama… it's not coming out… I'm yelling to my brother: Sam… Anyone… just wake me up! In the end, I wake up from both the trapped under ice and one eye open… both were dreams, at the same time! To be honest, I was suffering this sort of nightmare for a friggin' month! I told my parents that I don't want to sleep… the nightmare is waiting for me!

It's funny how my family wakes me up on the nicest dreams and NEVER comes in to wake me on a nightmare… HOW FUCKING IRONIC!

Those are some that I could think of… and thankfully, I was living them as I'm typing every word!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Zad at 6:13PM, July 4, 2007
(online)
Starting 5 years ago, and ending 3 years ago, every 3 months I would have just one nightmare.
It would be in front of my old house, with this red or white car (it changed). My whole known family would be standing in a circle in the mdidle of the street, talking about who-knows-what, and then suddenly the Jeepers-Creepers guy would fly and land on the car, now with a bang, but like a cat. He would be holding this baby, and then he would throw it on the ground, and the baby bounced a few times, and then would be very still. I'd be trying to say something to my family, who apparenty couldn't see it, but they would just shake thier heads like I was being stupid, and keep talking.
I would wake up crying everytime.

In a related story, i've been having bullshit dreams that are the equivalent of nightmare, but i think end up alughing at them. Liek WTF.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
Argent_Nightmare at 2:33AM, July 6, 2007
(offline)
I have nightmares, but they are all conceptual, and defy any words in my vocabulary. :(
All concepts of 4th dimension, time-travel, etc. I like to ponder.

Also, I sort of have a nightmare that I chose. I have Lucid Dreams–that is, for those of you who don't know, a dream where you realize you're dreaming… in which you can usually control the dream. Well, when I have a lucid dream, what I do carries over into the next one… I've spent countless nights building my own imaginary world. It's an interesting sort of activity, being a god of your own little imaginary place…
Rutger
My nipples are an ocean of pain.
AQua_ng
When it comes to prostitution, the price is…um, Bob Barker.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:01AM
dueeast at 10:00AM, July 6, 2007
(offline)
I think I must have had some doozies of nightmares as a kid because by the time I hit my teens, I made a conscious/unconscious effort not to remember any of my dreams. So 95% of the time, even if I dream, I don't remember it when I wake up. I do every once in a while have some good dreams and some nightmares.

Probably the most vivid I remember was being put in a position where I was forced (in my dream) to shoot someone (a nazi-esque soldier type, I think) to protect myself and my family. I woke up before I saw whether my finger finished pulling the trigger. Talk about waking in a sweat!

Keep in mind, in real life, I don't own any weapons or know how to use any. Strange (and scary) what you can know in a dream.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
DragonessAthena at 11:23AM, July 6, 2007
(online)
I stopped having nightmares about monsters and such when I started to use them as ideas for characters/monsters in stories. Now my nightmares mostly deal with losing people I care about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
Whirlwynd at 12:46PM, July 6, 2007
(online)
I used to have nightmares about a creepy old chandelier growing eyes and arms and coming down to strangle me. At first it was just the one chandelier in my grandparents' house, then it was every overhead light I knew of, and the sparse nightmares I have now of this creature he can come from anything, like my bedside fan or a houseplant. The difference between now and then is I've practiced lucidity and taking control of my dreams, and for the past couple of years these things haven't been able to touch me. There was only one at first, but I wrote them in as the Lraenu of 20 Galaxies, they started to multiply and fit that story. For a few years the first one (Kestrel) even seemed to become a guardian rather than an enemy. But every time I've restarted 20G, even just coming off a hiatus, he attacks. o_0 I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

In high school and college I had frequent nightmares about natural disasters - mostly tornadoes, meteors/the moon crashing into the earth, and also about people destroying the world - but I usually was given the chance to stop them. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

Lately I don't have many nightmares, though. Sometimes I dream about being really late for work and I keep getting stopped trying to get there - but I would just call that a really annoying dream rather than a nightmare.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
MagickLorelai at 1:07AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
I don't have nightmares often, but when I do, they tend to be a doozy(at least for me).

The most recent one to memory had a shadowbeast, with eyes that flickered red deep within the sockets..it's hard to describe the shape, because it shifted a lot. Mostly, it was four-legged, with jagged, uneven spines that erupted from its back. The beast was unrelenting in pursuing me. Every time it caught up, I would be more injured; my palm sliced open, the muscle and other tissue leaking out, my opposite arm, my legs, my stomach, my neck. I was getting weaker and weaker, before I collapsed on the doorstep of an old house, half on the porch.

I looked up, and a woman in a white dress and long black hair was looking down at me. Her eyes flickered with the same red as the beast, and her skin turned a bluish white. I knew, as one knows ANYTHING in a dream, that if she touched me, my life would become that of the shadowbeast. She grabbed my shoulder.

I woke up with the cat happily pushpawing my shoulder. XD

Another really weird nightmare…It started really happy. I was at White Farm, which was a farm near where I lived growing up. Arts and crafts were being done in the main building, and I walked home with a few projects in hand, whistling. I remember looking down the street at an intersection, and seeing a man running, screaming for his life on the next street down. An axe murderer followed.

I thought that was weird, and was worried for the guy, but I wondered even inside the dream if I was seeing someone else's nightmare, since that didn't exactly scare me, since I wasn't the one being chased. I got home, and a nice neighbor tapped on the glass of our sliding door. I opened up to see what she wanted, and she stepped back, gesturing to someone unseen to make their move. I looked, and it was the Axe murderer!

I grabbed the phone and dashed into my room, locking the door, calling the police. I curled up on top of my bed as the axe-wielding murderer broke into my room. I woke up in the same position on my bed as I was in my dream, thus causing me a few minutes of terrifiedly looking around my house for a killer, before settling on the “It was just a dream” realization.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
D0m at 3:51AM, July 7, 2007
(online)
Not to cut anyone down, but does anyone get those moments when they love talking about their dreams and nightmares, but feel odd sitting there to listen to someone recount theirs?

Nadya- a tale about what happens to SOME of us when we die.

Currently: Nadya is awake and asking more relevant questions.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
beautifully_demonic at 9:03AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
I dreamt a nightmare just this morning … it went like this … *starts singing* oooh- *stops singing* wait I´ll just say it and Not sing it … well anyway I dreamt I was alone in a dark and scary room, and I was tied to a chair in what look incredibly much like the room in the castle from the indiana Jones movie the last crusade … and well suddenly all of these disgusting creatures that looked like those thing that came out of the Ark in raiders of the lost ark and like a gazillion bugs were all OVER the floor like in the Temple of Doom and suddenly bugs started pouring out of my mouth and snakes were slithering out of my eyesockets and suddenly SEAN CONNORY WAS THERE TOO DRESSED LIKE A CLOWN … ALL MY WORST FEARS COMBINED … 1!!1!!11!!1! really that GUY is SCARY … REALLY … and I couldn´t go back to sleep cus I wus afraid I´d hae another dream about Sean Connory as a clown …
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

1f u c4n r34d 7h1s u r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
beautifully_demonic at 10:31AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
Zad
He would be holding this baby, and then he would throw it on the ground, and the baby bounced a few times,
Bouncing baby boy
(\__/) | This is Bunny.
(O.o ) | Copy Bunny into your signature to help
(> < ) | him on his way to world domination!

1f u c4n r34d 7h1s u r34lly n33d 2 g3t l41d
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
deleted-byrequest-03 at 11:15AM, July 7, 2007
(offline)
Hm. I don't have as many nightmares as I used to… I believe the last real nightmare I had was last year. I didn't sleep all night.

I guess the worst nightmare I had was that time… In the dream, my parents got divorced and they both stranded me in the cold, heartless artic.

I told my mom about it the next day. She said it was a stupid thing to be afraid of and yelled at me.

Yippie… supportive…

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
monsterfriend at 8:43PM, July 7, 2007
(online)
i had a nightmare where i was walking along the street a guy tried to mug me but i ate him in one gulp and then ppl were screaming fiend at me as i ran like hell
Zoey: i need some chinese lets go to the nail salon

Holly: Uh Zoey they'll kind of freak if a zombie starts eating the nail
lady

Zoey: Fine lets get mexican they deliver with miracle grow
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Zad at 2:00PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
Yes bouncing baby boy Ahahaha.

Anyways, reading about how some peoples dreams feel real, I remebered this one.

I would be at this ‘mall’, which is really two planters, on a tiled floor, everything else is covered by black fog, so it seems small, with anonymous people walking by. I would jump onto the edge of a planter and look down, and instead of plants, it would be like this huge bottomless hole. For some dam reason, I would jump into it, and my stomach (in real life) would do thsoe flip-flops like I was on a roller-coaster. I would fall, and before i disappeared from view, “GAME OVER” would flash in my mind, and I would be standing at the planter's side again. I would then jump onto the edge, and then look dow-
And it went ON and ON and ON like that, and i felt so sick. It was really a nightmare because I wanted it to end, but it just kept going. The whole time I just though ‘Please stop, not again, I want to wake up, please stop’
It was horrible.

Oh ya, and for about a week, I would drift off to sleep, and 5 mintues later, I would dream a bowling ball (or some ball) had hit me, I'd jump awake, and my head would hurt, not to mention my heart was racing and all those other things.

Don't you just love real-feeling dreams? x)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:54PM
jgib99 at 9:21PM, July 8, 2007
(online)
The worst nightmare I ever had was when I was in my mid-teens. At first I was riding on an el train that looked like it was just pulled out of a fire. The whole interior was scorched. I was looking out the window of the train, and the streets were littered with slaughtered animals (which bothered me because I love animals).

I got off the train at the next stop. And when I walked out of the station, I noticed people were walking toward this huge church. There was a eerie light and fog surrounding the place. I sensed that there was an evil presence in there. I tried to warn people to stay away from the church, of course they didn't listen. Then something came out of the church and started coming after me. I never really saw it, because it was almost like the nothing in The Neverending Story. It engulfed everything in darkness. So I started running for my life. And I woke up shortly after in a cold sweat and shaking.

After that, I really haven't had any real bad nightmares. Just odd dreams.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
kingofsnake at 3:06PM, July 10, 2007
(online)
I have never, in my life had a nightmare. I always end up kicking the ass of whatever is trying to scare me. I ALMOST had a nightmare once though it went like this:

It was the future and instead of prisons they cyrogenically froze people like in Demolition Man, and they would stay conscious, so you could actually imprison someone for like 300 years. I worked at one of these places, I was in charge of transfering the bodies from one facility to another. I drove this herse looking thing. It was a prison herse. Now the facilities had a room that was like a hospital mourge, then through a couple of those swinging doors with the windows was an octaganal room that led to these long “walk in freezer” like rooms where the bodies were kept in these coffin type things. The machienes that kept everything frozen was on the outsides of these freezers.
I was in charge of moving this one dude from one facility to another. And he was like, the worst serial killer ever. He had a japanese name, but kinda looked like edward norton in American History X. I had this whole backstory for him with all these twisted awful things he did. He had the criminal history of Steve Buscemi in Con Air. Before I went to get him though I went and bought a greeting card that was about how he would rot in hell forever (you can buy greeting cards for anything) and my plan was to put it on the inside of the lid of his coffin so he could see it for the next couple hundred years. What'd I care, I'd be dead LONG before he was unfrozen. You're not supposed to open the coffins of course, but it was a shitty job anyway and I didn't give a damn.
So I went into the room adjourning the freezers and hit the lights, but they were broken. I didn't really care, I knew my way so I just got the coffin, put it on the dolly and wheeled it out. Then when I'm back in the medical type room I open the lid to put the card in, and to my surprize the coffin is empty! So I go back inside to see if I can find the dude. And I notice that the generator outside the cooler where he was stored is broken. So I'm fumbling around in the dark, feeling up against the walls of one of the coolers and I feel this body…and it's warm…

Then I took a step back and was like “ok this is clearly a dream. I'm going to dream about something else now.” and I did. And that was the closest I've ever come to having a nightmare.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
jissai at 8:26PM, July 10, 2007
(offline)
i would have nightmares where i would worship satan.

they would scare the shit out og me! ><
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
jissai at 8:32PM, July 10, 2007
(offline)
i was planning on how to commit suicide sometime in 9th grade. my aunt and best friend had just died, and i was basically deprest. so i wanted to kill myself and go to heaven and see them ^^;

then i had a dream where i was in a blue wall-less room, and my best friend was there.
then a voice came out of no where and told me not to kill myself, for if i did i would not go to heaven.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
CreepKnight at 11:47PM, July 11, 2007
(offline)
I have an odd recurring nightmare:

I'll be a throwing a party in a large lake house, although I can never remember in waking life ever going to this house. But it's the full enchilada: bands, booze, amd guest list that includes people both real and imagined. Maybe you were there.

The next thing I know the party is being broken up by creatures out of a Geiger painting, including the Aliens, coming after me an my guests. And everytime I will find a scatter gun, a rifle, something… but I can't find any bullets. As I beat creatures off of me left and right I start to notice that I'm covered in bugs. Large bugs. That crave flesh. Beasties breathe down my neck. I'm sweating, running, trying to find bullets for this gun in a house that slowly starts to look more like an office building.

I make it to the top floor, standing under a large skylight where red light filters in. Everything gets hot. Electronica and power noise emmulate growls and rumblings from behind me but I can't see what's there. I try to find this f@%#ing bag of bullets. It's nowhere, but I can't find the stupid door…

I usually wake up there, heart pounding, sweating, the back of my neck always a little moist.

But I can't find Geiger in a dream dictionary anywhere!

–Villemous “Oh, why did I mention this I'm going to have another one tonight” CreepKnight
As stated by little Susan Meyer, Age Seven

“In the end there shall come a dark time, where the true followers of Great Cthulhu will grow massive in their numbers. The moon will flow with bile, the sun will burn black, and the rivers shall flow with the blood of the non-believers…”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Insanity at 6:05PM, July 13, 2007
(offline)
I always believe that if I don't cover my face at night, a creature will suck the blood out of my body. Another one is if I don't wrap myself really tightly when I nap, an Undead baby like the one in Pet Cemetery will cut my Achilles Tendon in half with a butcher knife, then cut off my head.

AwesomeUnicorn
I feel a little bit like Hitler right now, too.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Cthulhu at 6:48AM, July 14, 2007
(online)
Glarg
Chucky v.s the Leprechaun
Someone should make that movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:57AM
StaceyMontgomery at 8:14AM, July 14, 2007
(offline)
I can't remember the last time I had a nightmare.

I do have Annoying dreams though. Like, last night I had a dream that I was trying to write down my phone number, and could not. Endless things happened to frustrate me, and it just seemed to go forever. No terror, no horror, just annoyance. I have dreams like that all the time. Oh, and I have “back in high school but i haven't studied…” style dreams all the time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Seelinkrun11 at 7:28AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Once I dreamed that there were floating peolpe made of clay chasing me. It was funny but then I was really scared
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
ReincarnatedParano at 11:14AM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
I remember having a series of nightmares where my mother was killed, and I couldn't save her. Those really upset me for a time. xD; I vividly remember one being on a stage-like area with lots of bullseyes everywhere, and the other involved us living back in our old street, and one of our neighbours was a known murderer. He shot my mother square in the head.

Yeah… I really, really hated those. ^^;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
Eiichiro at 2:50PM, July 17, 2007
(offline)
Honestly, the only time I really have nightmares (at least, ones that I remember) is when I'm sick with something.

Then they're usually really surreal, where nothing really has a defined image, but I feel huge distances and really small distances and lots of weird geometry. It's accompanied with an overarching fear of the unknown. It's the feeling which makes it a nightmare rather than any specific imagery.

Yeah, scary cubes and tetrahedrons. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon