Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
freakenburger at 1:06PM, May 18, 2008
(online)
Last Call's update shows a perfect combination: drunk chick + drunk succubus + PU-PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I can only imagine what's gonna happen…

This time, both Telenime and Freakenburg are updated.

In Telenime, we have a Crazy Retarded Flying Priest Special (half-based in true events).

In Freakenburg, we're about to know Kasumi's plan (not based in true events at all). We also know a little more of our drunk chick.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Aussie_kid at 3:46AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
Both comics feature nice tones and art, with just a hint of fan service that makes it a comic you may want to consider getting into. As in right now. Seriously, go click on the links in freakenburger's sig and start from page one.

On Warriors of the Night, we change scenes to the other battle that is happening above the castle, as in they are flying above it and dealing with a weird monster thing.
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
ttyler at 3:56AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
I like the shadowy creature in WARRIORS OF THE NIGHT. It looks like a smackdown is about to happen.
cool!!!

…………………………………………………………………..

Engine 2 begins today, with a look at Prince Zine, playing with some toys in his underwear………..family fun.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Doctor Shadow at 4:00AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
Ahh…Engine…from the start and the crazy amount of detail, I knew that Tim's work was going to be something extra special and if you're a fan of Kirby's drawing style, well, Tim's influences show just that and it's a great read.

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with the revelation of Talon's mistake, the first look at the Mist Reaver's communication hub and you can just tell Morgan's enjoying getting one over on Talon for once.

Oh bugger, is all we can say!

Note: yes, that console is going to be very familiar to fans of a certain Time Lord.
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
DAJB at 4:56AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
At one point, I always seemed to be following The Chronicles of Wyrden in this thread, but it's been a while, so it's good to be able to comment on it again now. Especially since - for those of us of “a certain age” - this update has an excellent visual nod to the control hub of the Tardis …

Of course, if you're so young, you still think Christopher Ecclestone was the first Dr Who, that might not mean anything to you. You guys will just have to content yourselves with the intriguing and rapidly thickening plot and the intricately detailed artwork instead. Consolation enough, I'd say!

Also in need of consolation today is our man Stan Miller in Shades. His daughter is suspicious of his every move and his grandson seems determined to (inadvertantly) drop him in it with every syllable he utters …

Families, eh? I bet right now he'd rather be out there facing off against a super villain or two!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
spacehamster at 7:37AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
I had some catching up to do on Shades, and I must say I've been missing out. The dialogue sequence over the last few pages thrives on DAJB's ability to write all these characters representing the various generations of the comic's world, and it's just a ton of fun to read.

Bulletproof updates today. Shyft finally puts two and two together and runs off grumbling expletives.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
Druchii at 7:37AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
“Shades” from the few I just read is a wonderfully illustrated and very well told and paced work of art. This last page actually gave me chills. Very well done. Add me as another reader to this story! :)

————–

Pagan Zoetrope: Dru and Dre run into a girl fight. Decisions must be made, people must be called, bets must be placed!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
lucky7s76 at 8:33AM, May 19, 2008
(offline)
Looks like you guys posted at the same time! :)

Bulletproof… first, congratulations on getting featured! :) Your comic is extremely well-done. The angles, the facial expressions… they all tie in very well with the dramatic feel of a black-and-white style!

I was immediately drawn in by Pagan Zoetrope's visual style. That, or it was the promise of a girl fight! lol! But I guess all the evidence one will need to prove girls are crazy is right here. :)

National Dex updated today. Honcho's destination is revealed to “Big Guy”, who has a plan to track him down.
By the time you finish this, you'll have read it. :3

deviantART
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
albone at 8:33AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
Bulletproof is a wonderful example of great looking black and white artwork. Come for the art and stay for the dramatic storytelling, especially now that is been featured!

Pagan Zoetrope…I know a thing or two about girlfights over multiple pages. XD This is a funny, well drawn, well created comic and I'm amazed I haven't found it sooner. Going to FAV it now.

EDIT:
Freaking ninja'd!!

Fox Den is a very bright and colorful tale. Get it, tale, tail (Fox's). OY. Also a very dramatic, there's always something going on with the cast of characters.

Rival Angels updates today and sees Sabrina performing the UltraSplash in stop action glory on the down and out Brooke Lennox. But will it be enough for the win?

You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
alschroeder at 10:10AM, May 19, 2008
(online)
RIVAL ANGELS has beautiful art and excellent coloring. I'm not too much into wrestling, but this is a treat.(Especially since it's FEMALE wrestlers…)

Mindmistress updated today at http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com/village49.htm about an incident that was somewhat based on something that happened to me…about the cruelty of kids at the pool. (A long-winded explanation of how it derived from a real-life experience can be found on the main page, http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com/
—Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
Ziffy88 at 11:48AM, May 19, 2008
(offline)
Interesting art kinda realistic

A-list updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
Get up and read it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 3:37AM, May 20, 2008
(offline)
Your style is quite nice! I like the look of it. But you may want to get a different font though. Not that yours is bad or anything, I just feel it's lacking a little. But besides that, it looks pretty interesting, I'll have to check it out later!

——-
Ryu's Krew updates today with the…um…7th! Prologue page. I actually stopped drawing more pages *I have a buffer :D*, but yesterday, I finished one, I have to get back in the habit of doing that.

Anyway, please read and enjoy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
PyThomas at 3:55AM, May 20, 2008
(online)
Awesome stuff. I like how the dialogue for Zeus is displayed, all huge and shaky.

Today on Times Like This: MATT STILL BEING HIS WEIRD SELF STOP AND CASSIE IS EXASPERATED AT THIS POINT STOP
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
alschroeder at 4:18AM, May 20, 2008
(online)
TIMES LIKE THIS is VERY funny (with an interesting contrast of very cartoony cartooning with photoshopped “real” background, a juxtaposition that works better for this than it would with more realitistic drawing)…despite my hating that particular song.

CROSSOVERLORD updated at http://www.drunkduck.com/Crossoverlord/index.php?p=395219 —as Mindmistress cautiously and tentatively becomes an interdimensional taxi service.

—Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
DMH at 5:07AM, May 20, 2008
(offline)
Today's Crossoverlord gives us a look at what seems to be a shaky start to a relationship, with possibly more coming up. And we may get to see characters we love and/or love to hate interracting when normally they wouldn't. Could be a fun experience.

Today's Age of Ends involves everything. Bigotry, arrogance, chauvanism, groping and violence! How did we fit so much into one page? Find out now
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
crazyninny at 1:12PM, May 20, 2008
(online)
Age of Ends
Well, ain't he mister nice guy? *Rolls her eyes.* He's an expamle that every man should NOT follow.
But, at least he got BITCH SLAPPED. WAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHAHA!!! Would of been better if he got kneed though…

:: Updates with… BLACKNESS. WHAHAA!!!

Yeah, I suck at writing these things…

Go read. http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=406835
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
trevoramueller at 2:24PM, May 20, 2008
(offline)
Great passage of time in the latest page of Insert Title. Love the bold shadows.

###

Back to color updates on Fridays

The swordsman finishes his fight with Malukai

Fan Art Friday

One more page to go
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Mister Kent at 4:18PM, May 20, 2008
(online)
Lolz @ Asshole - she's much too patient to wait the full time - I would've snapped after the first day!

Temple of a Thousand Tears has some great new updates today, blood and tragedy and fanart, oh my! Still admiring the gory details you put into the latest pages, Trevor!

Lady Doom's third story begins today, with a villain on the run from…oh, guess who ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
allanah at 10:34PM, May 20, 2008
(online)
I think I talked about Blood Grove on my last review, so I'll say something about Lady Doom this time.

I like the concept, and the name. I read through alot of it, and the newest page and it looks cute. The newest page has great colouring and shading on the silhouette. I look forward to the next story block. :)

As for my comic Ethereal, please come by because it might offer some cheer for me. :)
Druchii at 10:49PM, May 20, 2008
(online)
I was actually caught unaware by the silent lucidity and somber undertones of Ethereal. It is a beautiful idea for a story and I both envy and admire your courge to do the story you are doing. I understand the pain that cancer can rain upon one's life, and I think that there are many others who would say they same. I applaud your work. You have a new reader in me.

——

In Pagan Zoetrope (or PZ as some of you have taken to calling it):

Mandy begins to realize there is ALWAYS someone tougher…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
Ziffy88 at 10:59PM, May 20, 2008
(offline)
Someone's about to be slapped! Nice line work…

Illegal Aliens updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/

Take a shot…I don't really like this page…
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
ttyler at 12:39AM, May 21, 2008
(online)
a-list is one I've never come across before, which isn't difficult, being there are a million comics here at the Duck. I like how this page is told through rifle scope shots. very cool. I would say, and I've said it again and again, to invest in a good lettering program like comicrafts wild and crazy font. Good lettering will enhance a page ten-fold.
PS…..I dig Darwyn Cooke as well!!

……………………………………………………………….

Engine 2 updates today for the third time this week. Just like old times dude!!!
Zine's toys are coming to life…..just like in toy story,..but this time, they have an attitude!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
albone at 3:35AM, May 21, 2008
(online)
The animated toys are hilarious as well as the effect on the spectators. As usual, the art on Engine is top notch. Always solid with dynamic page layouts and an interesting story.

Rival Angels updates today. The Fatal Four Way Match is over!!! Find out who wins and who loses!

You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
dueeast at 6:41AM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
@ Rival Angels - Top form on Rival Angels! I like that Sun turned out to be a good sport. That's just cool!

Off Hours actually updated yesterday but I'm only getting time to promote it today! lol! And how appropriate that it follows Rival Angels, because it's time for a smackdown between Violet and Stephanie! Script, pencils and inks by me (Allen of Due East) and colors by Amanda of Salt The Holly!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
blntmaker at 7:09AM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
Off Hours has a great new page up that is loaded even more drama and angst! Excellent coloring by Amanda from STH! Love the direction of this collaboration Allen - Great humor and expressions too.

SMACK!

Meanwhile, in the San Fernando Valley of Southern California - What's a Student Body Election without a bit of mudslinging and…

BLACKMAIL?!

Better Luck Next Time has just that in the current ongoing arc. Head on over and see how the heroine Rayne spins her way out of the evil designs of Desmond!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
crifmer at 10:28AM, May 21, 2008
(online)
BLNT… I like the art style. First time I looked at it, and though I don't know what's going on, this page makes me want to go to the beginning and catch up. So I will.

===================================

Posted returns today with a new inking style. I gots a new pen, see, and I'm getting used to it, see, and it makes my drawering all funny, see… well, I'm back, anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
amanda at 10:53AM, May 21, 2008
(online)
Yay! Posted is back, and the new pen is really fun! I'm always down for a Beaufort appearance, as well.

Salt updated today with a discussion at the drinks table (and a clue as to what Daisy does for a living). Lia must have seen something awful! Care to make a guess?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
trevoramueller at 11:22AM, May 21, 2008
(offline)
Salt the Holly has a little bit of a mystery going on in the latest update page. Usually I just want to know what happens next, but now I NEED to know!

###

Temple: The End

Prequel starts on Monday, and updates every Monday. Fan Art Friday will also continue.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Terminal at 12:06PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
A satisfying end! I can't wait to what the prequel has in store. Also, wow, you drew this 5 years ago? That's dedication to a comic right there.

Somewhere in SF updates with "Love at First Bite: Gulp Fiction"
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
SarahN at 10:47PM, May 21, 2008
(online)
Terminal
Somewhere in SF updates with "Love at First Bite: Gulp Fiction"

That was the SECOND time someone tried that on that doctor? Haha, anyway that is great. XD

VP X updates with a near-decapitation, weee~!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon