Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Redux: Did you just update? Tell us why someone should visit your comic. But ONLY AFTER commenting about the comic BEFORE yours. ^_^
hpkomic at 8:58AM, May 11, 2008
(offline)
Mister Kent: The shading on the latest Blood Groove looks much more defined, it's really helped your art out. Can I make a shading suggestion though? When you've done your flat colors, duplicate that layer and set it's opacity to 25% and draw on the 25% layer with a dark black or purple hard-edged brush. You could also shade using darver variations of the underlaying color (dark green for green, brown for skin, etc). I like how you draw the ladies in Lady Doom.

Big huge Cosmic Dash update. Larger page and I used a font I designed by hand!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
Tantz_Aerine at 12:32PM, May 11, 2008
(online)
FOr Hpcomic:

I always like the clean lineart of your pages, and that feel of the panels being stills from an animated feature. I also liked the dialogue. Quite flowing :) Excellent work.

—-

Forgot to say that Wolf updated a couple of days ago with the Chapter 7 cover, which is always pencilwork. It's Zoe in a rare moment, so why don't y'all go have a look? ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM
freakenburger at 1:26PM, May 11, 2008
(online)
Wolf: One of he best chapter covers I've seen in a long time! It's scketchy but detailed(I love stuff like this), it's strong enough to draw a first-time reader's attention and it makes people look back at the archives. I'm eager to get internet back in my home, so I can read the whole thing!

This time, both Telenime and Freakenburg are updated.

In Telenime, Raditz gets the hell out of the lake, leaving Katty the Cecaelia's reach. Kin enjoys Fischer's practical joke.

In Freakenburg, mariko had enough of Kasumi's nasty behavior and feels like kicking the drunk out of her place.

I'd also like to draw some attentrion for my friend's comic (I'm the one who drawing the thing), it's called MONSTERS. I've read the written version and it made me go nuts for a while. One of the best sci-fi stories ever in my opinion! It was updated a few minutes ago…

http://www.drunkduck.com/MONSTERS
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Aussie_kid at 7:01AM, May 12, 2008
(online)
All three comics have nice tones and anatomy, but Telenime features the one thing every comic needs: BOOBS!

Warriors of the Night has updated and features the remaining vampire minions getting ready to take down the escaping humans
Insanity Complex: We may not be insane, but we like to think we are
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:11AM
Doctor Shadow at 7:10AM, May 12, 2008
(online)
Warriors of the Night It has vampires and a pretty sweet angle for this update, the convoy better watch out!

The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today with the activation of the mysterious device!
A Ronin writer, a masterless samurai of the written word…
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Chronicles_of_Wyrden/
Updating: Thursdays. Now in glorious Ink Wash and Water Soluble Pencil! Reva's note: This is not created digitally, it's all hand drawn and inked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Steely Gaze at 7:23AM, May 12, 2008
(offline)
The Chronicles of Wyrden updates today, showing us what a telephone must look like in this delightful steampunk world. Great attention to detail here!

And A Roll of the Dice updates today with a deranged Jared getting his vengeance. Much to Henry's dismay.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
lucky7s76 at 8:00AM, May 12, 2008
(offline)
A Roll of the Dice, to me, has always been great fun to read. You and Chameleon Kid always do an awesome job on your pages! :) And this particular page we find out Jared and Toni's assailant are on the same side - which doesn't seem to get in the way of Jared's revenge. :) Wonderful, as always!

National Dex updated today… “Big Guy” finds out that Honcho's gone missing, and Chip volunteers to try and tell him what happened… in the only way he knows.
By the time you finish this, you'll have read it. :3

deviantART
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:48PM
spacehamster at 9:42AM, May 12, 2008
(online)
Huh. And people say Pokemon fancomics can't possibly be any good. National Dex has solid, consistent and crisp-looking art, strong visual storytelling through angles and facial expressions and well-written dialogue. Very nice work.

On today's Bulletproof page, Shyft is beginning to suspect that there is something rotten in the state of Denmark.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:50PM
Ziffy88 at 11:26AM, May 12, 2008
(offline)
Someone is gonna receive a whalloping…

A-list updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
John faces the threat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Jimeth at 1:18PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
I range from loving the freshness of A-list's art to disliking the tackiness of it. If you could slowly improve the overall art without losing the wonderful sketchiness of it, that'd be awesome.

Epic Adventures updated… Well, yesterday, but this isn't too late is it? I needed sleep.

Saphie and Mistah Z try to enlist help in their quest to find the captain of the spaceship in their quest to stop the zombie infection.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:08PM
DAJB at 2:23PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
Some comics just like to throw out random Star Wars quotes (for example, "A wretched hive of scum and villainy" ) as if that's somehow funny. Other comics, like the latest Epic Adventures strip, also lift random Star Wars quotes (like: "A wretched hive of scum and villainy", for example) but then build on them towards a punchline which actually is funny …

Shame I can't tell you what it is really. But, if I did, you wouldn't find it funny any more. You probably need to go and read it for yourself. Punchlines are like that …!

No punchlines in today's update to Shades, though. Just a couple of disgruntled old super heroes and a guy who knows something they don't … Well, he is a tailor.

People tell their tailors all sorts. No, they do! They're like hairdressers in that respect … Must be something to do with not being able to keep secrets from people wielding scissors.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
TheMidge28 at 4:34PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
@ DAJB and Shades, out of all the pages you have written through out Shades, I find this page to be the most well written and insightful. Stanley is perfect to set it straight for these set in their ways old superheroes. the scene is also very symbolic for things as they are in are world on a macro and micro scale. The young running seeing the need to do something but lacking the wisdom to make the right choices while the old are filled with knowledge and wisdom too lazy or too set in their ways to move. stellar work!

__________________________________________________________________________________

updated today. One word: C-section. I think thats one word… since there is a hyphen… I'm not sure now… um… so yeah! todays page: C-section. and its not what you think! maybe it is. Oh bother!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Mister Kent at 9:33PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
The last panel is my fave, but I love the lady's pose, too

Lady Doom updated today, with a special, er…“Mother's Day” page. Of sorts.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Terminal at 11:11PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
Mister Kent
Lady Doom updated today, with a special, er…“Mother's Day” page. Of sorts.

At first I was like, “Oh, that's one bad mother.” Then, as I finished reading the page, my thoughts realigned into something like “ohohoh~ I see what she did there.”

Somewhere in SF updates with a revelation. Also, I fucked up on the first panel. :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
usedbooks at 11:20PM, May 12, 2008
(online)
I don't see anything wrong with the first panel, but I'm not particularly observant. :-P Gotta love being introduced to someone whose description includes “long lost.” How very soap opera (as always ^_~). Also, no pants! Yay! Who needs pants, anyway?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today's update of Used Books shows my struggles with lighting effects as a fireworks display provides the backdrop for a tragedy. Not an especially active page but a rather emotional one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 3:03AM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
I really love the whole ‘style’ of Used Books. The pencils are great, and the font fits in with it as well! Great work!

——-
Ryu's Krew updates today with it's 5 Prologue page! Check it out!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
Loud_G at 6:19AM, May 13, 2008
(online)
Ryu: I like the use of frames here as a device to both move the action forward aND to show action.

———————————-

George the Dragon updated today with an extra non-update-day update! WOW!
Find out what George is up to:

Go! Visit George or he may have to eat you!*
*Disclaimer: George may or may not eat violators depending on hunger level and scarcity of better tasting prey.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:46PM
alschroeder at 6:21AM, May 13, 2008
(online)
First time I've visited RYU'S KEEP. Interesting, expressive work. I'd LOVE to see it in color, especially VG-Cats type color–you might consider it…

But then, I'm a junkie for color.

At the CROSSOVERLORD At http://www.drunkduck.com/Crossoverlord/index.php?p=395218, we're also going through a prologue of sort—the gathering of some of the different webcomics characters in this “team” book. In this one a page I actually drew over a year ago finally sees the light of day…odd to note how my art style's changed…and features my character, Mindmistress, for the first time, meeting a character who will turn out to be VERY important–and being “reminded” of some old antagonists.

All this, plus namedropping-vague-enough-to-not-be-sued-by for the discriminating reader. And despite his problem with the zombiezerse, Ult-Reed is not above the occasional game of cross-continuum chess…

–Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
alschroeder at 6:25AM, May 13, 2008
(online)
Oops, sorry, we must have posted at the same time…George the Dragon had some WONDERFUL use of color.

And CROSSOVERLORD at http://www.drunkduck.com/Crossoverlord/index.php?p=395218? See the previous post.–Al
Al Schroeder of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com—think the superhero genre is mined out?

Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
amanda at 8:32AM, May 13, 2008
(online)
Wow, your style *has* changed a lot - you still did/do metallics very well. XD Jack Nicholson!
——–
Salt was done entirely by my co-artist (a first!), plus it features some yummy cameos from great DD comics. Go check it out and give BetaJess some love and/or feedback!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
PyThomas at 1:41PM, May 13, 2008
(online)

Re: Salt - Very clever. I like how the background subplot is juxtapositioned with the ongoing dialogue.

Today on Times Like This: One giant time leap…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
crazyninny at 2:03PM, May 13, 2008
(online)
Times Like This

I to, go to my neighbors house to borrow a cup of time machine once in awhile. But no one makes a comic for me for doing that, but Oooohhhh! Some one esle does, and we got to make a big thing about it!!!
I can not under stand what he is saying! He is talking in… Hippie langue… *Shudders.*

—–
:: Updates with artist block, and artist experimenting with inks.
And… Umm…. Cookies…

http://www.drunkduck.com/Insert_Title/?p=403880
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Druchii at 2:14PM, May 13, 2008
(online)
:: I actually like the atmosphere and look you did in your last page! :) Wonderful feeling and texture in your brush strokes are evident whether you struggled with it or not, I deem to call it worthy of success for you.

—–

As for Pagan Zoetrope? Well, I think I'm finally getting the meat of the story out well enough… :D

http://www.drunkduck.com/Pagan_Zoetrope/
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM
DMH at 6:37PM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
Nice inks and anatomy there on Pagan Zoetrope. Also, it's nice to see someone abuse their elders. You get so little of that these days.

http://www.drunkduck.com/Age_of_Ends/Today on Age of Ends, we learn a guest is coming to the village. Also, as the opposite of what I said above, an elderly woman smacks a kid in old fashioned ‘A little hitting is good for them’
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Ziffy88 at 10:14PM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
Yeesh I remember being back handed for cussing….nice colors, drawings are stiff though

Speaking of stiff…
A-List updates
http://www.drunkduck.com/a_list/
and well more deaths….
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
allanah at 10:34PM, May 13, 2008
(online)
A-List has some nice shading. There is generally a good portrayal of action scenes. I think the girl in the panel that is duplicated should have a more frightened or upset expression. She looks too calm for the situation. Otherwise, great shading and good use of paneling for action.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally updated Ethereal and its in full colour. Please come see if my cg skills and background drawings are not so bad :) Drawing wheelchairs are hard.
Terminal at 10:54PM, May 13, 2008
(online)
The wheelchair looks good, also, I gotta say that teddy bear is looking directly at the reader. Not sure if that's intentional, but it adds this extra dimension to the page, a dimension of sadness brought on the plain sight of it. My only problem with the page is the photo background in the first panel. I dunno, it's just a pet peeve of mine, I dislike seeing real life photos used as backgrounds in comics.

Otherwise, great page. =)

Somewhere in SF updates with Magicaaaaaaaaaaal Coat~, which, in reality, has nothing to do with magical coats whatsoever. It does feature more 100% more debasing of main characters though. That's always good.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
MrRiot at 11:06PM, May 13, 2008
(offline)
Ethereal is a really well-done story about a subject that isn't always easy to talk about. Harder still to try and do a story about without coming off as pretentious or preachy. allanah has done a wonderful job of making a very interesting story out of a very touchy subject.

My comic, The Path, updated today. If you've never read it before, it mixes Lovecraft with mythology and folklore with a dash of the King Arthur legend.

Edit: Looks like Terminal posted as I was typing/reading Ethereal. SF is fantastic. Everyone knows this. I don't know what I could say about Terminal's amazing work that hasn't been said (and better than I would) already. If you're not reading it already, you really should.

Visit my comic: THE PATH: Lovecraftian Horror meets Arthurian Legend
Visit my website: Old Dying Kitty
Proud Co-Founder/Member of Mediocre Militia
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
BlkKnight at 3:56AM, May 14, 2008
(online)
MrRiot: I don't have the time to read the entire comic, but the update was well constructed. Will be looking at the rest once I have the chance.

——————
Crossing Death updates today with some pure rope-swinging action.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Druchii at 8:29AM, May 14, 2008
(online)
Crossing Death has a pretty interesting art style. I was actually rather impressed with the simplicity of the design on the character faces that in many of the strips still convey active emotion really well. I'm re-reading the storyline again to get a better grip on some of the details, so I don't yet have an opinion on that aspect as of yet.

In Pagan Zoetrope, someone gets a foot to the face.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon