Tips and Tricks/Support *

Hippie Van's Grand List of Bugs (and Workarounds!)
Eustacheus at 7:17AM, Sept. 29, 2019
(offline)
I want to edit a page from my comic but I don't want to change its date. But when I try to edit the page it sets a date from 2019 since 2018 isn't available in the dropdown menu anymore. Is there a way to keep the date?
Ozoneocean at 9:03AM, Sept. 30, 2019
(online)
No.
You can message me with a link to the page and a note about what date you want and I can fix that for you.
Freiha at 1:12AM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

I have a problem that is related to this.
I often go back to update older pages to fix typos, etc.
However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha
last edited on Aug. 9, 2020 1:15AM
Ozoneocean at 6:18PM, Aug. 9, 2020
(online)
Freiha wrote:
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:
That page count (29 according to your profile and I counted your pages and it matched), accurately reflects all pages of your comic that are “live”.
You may have more that are scheduled to update. Those aren't counted until the date they go live as well.
Oops, you're right, the live dates on any page I edited from last year had their year changed to 2017, putting it at later this year. Weird, guess it must have messed up when I edited them! Sorry about that!

Edit: Never mind, just realised when I tried to fix them, it's just because 2016 isn't an option any more!

Hello everyone,

However, lately whenever I do, a huge bunch of pages from the updated page onward are updated as well with the year set to 2020. Which makes some pages disappear as they are scheduled to upload later the year and as soon as it hits end of 2020, pages are scheduled beginning of 2020 and so on.
I can see why the page I edited might get a new year assigned as in the dropdown there's no option to choose any year <2020 but I don't know why pages I haven't touched get new years assigned, too. :/ (I did update ALL pages some months ago…maybe that's why all the years are messed up? Oh dear :/ )

Everytime it happened, I picked a random date earlier this year to make the pages reappear. About 250 pages are affected by it.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha

That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(
Freiha at 11:52PM, Aug. 9, 2020
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
That's a nasty pickle :(
The only way is to just go though methodically and edit each date :(

In the admin system it's even slower because I have to fill in missing info about the page in the forms like file type and stuff. :(

Hi ozoneocean,

Thank you for your reply.

That's OK. I don't mind that the dates are all mixed up now as long as the pages are visible and I understand why it happens.
Seeing that a lot of people have the same issue, I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent it in the future.
Maybe like this: Lock the date of pages that were uploaded before beginning of the current year and add an “Edit the date of this page” button with a small text that says that one can't choose a date in the previous year. Clicking the button will enable the date drop downs, otherwise they'll stay unchanged.

Regards
~Freiha
Ozoneocean at 6:12AM, Aug. 10, 2020
(online)
You're right! It's something that needs tweaking!
Matt Comics at 12:21PM, April 25, 2021
(offline)
my page count seems to be wrong. it says 24 even though there are actually 27 pages as of this post. and yes they're all up, not waiting in the future or something. (could it be because I retroactively added a page in the middle of the comic?)

also, unless I'm wrong, comic subpages can only be viewed by registered users. why? this means anonymous guests can't see my About page :/
Ozoneocean at 4:31AM, April 26, 2021
(online)
Matt Comics wrote:
my page count seems to be wrong. it says 24 even though there are actually 27 pages as of this post. and yes they're all up, not waiting in the future or something. (could it be because I retroactively added a page in the middle of the comic?)

also, unless I'm wrong, comic subpages can only be viewed by registered users. why? this means anonymous guests can't see my About page :/
I fixed your page count issue- you'd obviously edited 3 pages and the “live date” had switched over to today's year although the month stayed the same:
So they weren't due to be seen again till September this year. :(

The Subpage stuff is weird :(
Matt Comics at 11:57AM, April 26, 2021
(offline)
ooooh. I didn't notice that the dropdown doesn't go into the past. heck I didn't even notice it's already been addressed in this thread when I skimmed through it.

I think I'll just move my pages to the current year just in case I need to edit notes again. I'm still figuring out a lot of stuff on this site!
Ozoneocean at 6:17PM, April 26, 2021
(online)
I'm glad to have been some help :)
Matt Comics at 1:06PM, June 3, 2021
(offline)
I'm back with another question!!

is there a way to post links in comments?

I tried BB Code (which works in the author notes iirc) and html but it didn't work. so I simply pasted the link at the end of my reply…
Ozoneocean at 11:15PM, June 3, 2021
(online)
Matt Comics wrote:
I'm back with another question!!

is there a way to post links in comments?

I tried BB Code (which works in the author notes iirc) and html but it didn't work. so I simply pasted the link at the end of my reply…
No. There's no way.
It was done as a way to protect against spam.
TheJagged at 2:19AM, Dec. 14, 2021
(offline)
Heyo. Hope this is the right place to report a possible bug? My comments notification (the one under the username right over there –>) just showed 4 new comments, but checking my ‘Comments Received’ tab didn't show anything new. Just old comments i already marked as read/responded to. Clicking ‘Mark All As Read’ removed the (4) and it's back at zero now.

I think on other sites this can happen when the comments get deleted, the comments gone but the notification is still there, maybe that's what's going on?
Ozoneocean at 8:23AM, Dec. 14, 2021
(online)
TheJagged wrote:
Heyo. Hope this is the right place to report a possible bug? My comments notification (the one under the username right over there –>) just showed 4 new comments, but checking my ‘Comments Received’ tab didn't show anything new. Just old comments i already marked as read/responded to. Clicking ‘Mark All As Read’ removed the (4) and it's back at zero now.

I think on other sites this can happen when the comments get deleted, the comments gone but the notification is still there, maybe that's what's going on?
They were probably from a spammer I just deleted today.
last edited on Dec. 14, 2021 8:24AM
TheJagged at 1:56AM, Dec. 17, 2021
(offline)
Ahh really was just spam then, thank you~
Ozoneocean at 6:46AM, Dec. 17, 2021
(online)
TheJagged wrote:
Ahh really was just spam then, thank you~
Yup :/
It's rare that they actually leave comments though!
J_Scarbrough at 9:42AM, Sept. 5, 2022
(offline)
I hope this is a bug/glitch of some sort, because I cannot think of any other logical reason why trying to view custom/subpages on a comic site brings up the prompt to login instead. I mean whether or not you're logged in, being able to see subpages should be a necessity, especially if the subpages are essential to informing and educating readers of your comic, such as in my case in which I have created both an About page (which, if I could, would use as my comic's actual homepage) and a Characters page.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Toby Durr at 2:54PM, Sept. 6, 2022
(offline)
Freiha wrote:
stinger9 wrote:
ozoneocean wrote:

Hello everyone,

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

~Freiha

Hi, I'm having a problem that sounds like it may be similar to this.
I recently redrew the first page of one of my comics (from back in 2014) and edited the page to replace the old version with the redraw.
However, now the page isn't showing up at all when viewing the comic logged out. Looking at it while I'm logged in, the redrawn first page is there as intended. Logged out, the second page is showing up as the first page instead, like the first doesn't exist.
On my control panel's pages list, the date on the redrawn one is showing up as 2022, then the others as 2014, so this may be a date-related issue as well?
Ozoneocean at 9:19PM, Sept. 6, 2022
(online)
Toby Durr wrote:

I recently redrew the first page of one of my comics (from back in 2014) and edited the page to replace the old version with the redraw.
However, now the page isn't showing up at all when viewing the comic logged out. Looking at it while I'm logged in, the redrawn first page is there as intended. Logged out, the second page is showing up as the first page instead, like the first doesn't exist.
On my control panel's pages list, the date on the redrawn one is showing up as 2022, then the others as 2014, so this may be a date-related issue as well?

That's it unfortunately.
You have to redate it to a date in 2022 that's already been. It's a stupid system I know :(
lothar at 7:23AM, Sept. 7, 2022
(offline)
Dang! I wish I had seen this yesterday. I just changed the first page of my sketchbook to be an index page and replaced the image. Does that mean the index only shows up for me now,?

Your text to link here…

NSFW
I can't check it myself cuz when I log out I can't access it.

Is appreciate it someone could tell me if the index is visitable

Thank
Toby Durr at 12:50PM, Sept. 7, 2022
(offline)
That's it unfortunately.
You have to redate it to a date in 2022 that's already been. It's a stupid system I know :(
Ahh, I see now it had just switched to the date it was originally uploaded… but in 2022. Which would be later this month.
Anyway, it's working now! Glad it was a simple fix, thanks.
lothar wrote:
Dang! I wish I had seen this yesterday. I just changed the first page of my sketchbook to be an index page and replaced the image. Does that mean the index only shows up for me now,?

Your text to link here…

NSFW
I can't check it myself cuz when I log out I can't access it.

Is appreciate it someone could tell me if the index is visitable

Thank

Looks like an index page to me.
last edited on Sept. 7, 2022 12:53PM
lothar at 3:57PM, Sept. 7, 2022
(offline)
Thank you
J_Scarbrough at 7:45PM, Sept. 8, 2022
(offline)
Is the inability for our published comments to include whenever we drop down a line also a bug/glitch? I see we can do it in our author notes and forum posts obviously, but it appears that comic comments are published as one single paragraph.

Joseph Scarbrough
lothar at 7:20AM, Sept. 9, 2022
(offline)
I think you just have ti hit return a bunch of times
J_Scarbrough at 11:41AM, Sept. 17, 2022
(offline)
The ability to add a video to our public profiles doesn't appear to be working; is this another bug?

Joseph Scarbrough
Ozoneocean at 9:07PM, Sept. 17, 2022
(online)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
The ability to add a video to our public profiles doesn't appear to be working; is this another bug?
No line breaks in comments is part of the stupid system they programmed back in 2011, same as the lack of video.
We used to have video uploads on forums and video embeds in the forums but that was disabled due to some reason… I have no idea why…
Probably to prevent underage kids seeing offensive stuff.

It could be restored easily I think
J_Scarbrough at 10:06PM, Sept. 17, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
We used to have video uploads on forums and video embeds in the forums but that was disabled due to some reason… I have no idea why…
Ah yes. "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" That came up in conversation regarding my ban from ComicFury, though to be fair, both of these sites (and others I presume) clearly offer adult and mature comics and content as it is, seems like this wouldn't be of much concern, but I get it I suppose.

Joseph Scarbrough
Ozoneocean at 10:28PM, Sept. 17, 2022
(online)
J_Scarbrough wrote:
Ozoneocean wrote:
Ah yes. "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" That came up in conversation regarding my ban from ComicFury, though to be fair, both of these sites (and others I presume) clearly offer adult and mature comics and content as it is, seems like this wouldn't be of much concern, but I get it I suppose.

I think now that since Youtube handles its kid ratings itself that it shouldn't be an issue for linked embedded videos- which is what we should go for instead of uploads.
It means that if a person isn't signed in to youtube or is signed in but is underage they can't see certain vids. Means we wouldn't have to worry on our end.

Hahaha "WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!" Usually a good sign that the person is bit of a c**t.
- I have to censor myself because I'm an admin but you don't have to. lol

Ozoneocean at 10:30PM, Sept. 17, 2022
(online)
Ozoneocean wrote:
Toby Durr wrote:

That's it unfortunately.

OK, there has been a fix introduced.
-the published date of live pages has been disabled. You can't change it once it's live.
I know that creates other issues but there we go for now. I think it solves more than it creates.
J_Scarbrough at 6:54AM, Sept. 18, 2022
(offline)
Ozoneocean wrote:
- I have to censor myself because I'm an admin but you don't have to. lol

Well, thanks a fuckin' lot then! :P

Okay, that was uncalled for, but I couldn't resist, lol.

Joseph Scarbrough
last edited on Sept. 18, 2022 6:55AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon