Comic Talk and General Discussion *

2015 Rant/Share/General Discussion thread
bravo1102 at 3:36AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(offline)
Heh, heh, I'm really not giving cats any more intelligence than you are. I just give them a touch of resentment as the mighty predator forced to depend on a hairless ape for food and shelter. Kind of like Bucky katt from the comic “get fuzzy”

Ravens and crows even recognize the “Hail Odin!” salute. ;-) Hail them all as you never know when one carries the eye of Odin.
Call Me Tom at 10:06AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(offline)
I cut my finger on some broken glass what was in the medical wast bin behind the operating theaters.
I'm sorry for any offence I cause.
bravo1102 at 10:20AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(offline)
Call Me Tom wrote:
I cut my finger on some broken glass what was in the medical wast bin behind the operating theaters.
Popcorn butter, waste salt and Coca-Cola syrup. It is a theater after all.
Call Me Tom at 10:27AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
Popcorn butter, waste salt and Coca-Cola syrup. It is a theater after all.

Some of it looked like that.
Ozoneocean at 11:24AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(online)
You have the cancerAIDS now. Better get vaccinated before it turns into killerherpes and you become a buttzombie.
It's not fun. Seriously. When it happened to Bravo and me we cried for days.

If I were you I'd be slurping the strongest antibiots by now and dipping my hand in bleach.
bravo1102 at 11:50AM, Dec. 18, 2015
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
You have the cancerAIDS now. Better get vaccinated before it turns into killerherpes and you become a buttzombie.
It's not fun. Seriously. When it happened to Bravo and me we cried for days.

If I were you I'd be slurping the strongest antibiots by now and dipping my hand in bleach.
It was terminal for me. If it wasn't for the special reanimator treatment at Miskatonic University I'd still be dead, as opposed to undead .
kawaiidaigakusei at 3:52PM, Dec. 18, 2015
(online)
I am getting ready for the annual holiday party for my work and I want to be festive, so I pulled out the red dress that looks as new as the day I bought it. Today marks the first day of this year that I am going to be wearing red and black. I will be humming Red and Black from Les Mis in my head the whole night.

Also, I have just prepared gorgeous all vegetable collard wraps for the pot luck and I am very proud of them. Potlucks for women tend to turn into a competitive sport, and I am hoping my contribution delivers.
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Ozoneocean at 8:23PM, Dec. 18, 2015
(online)
Our image server is offline so all our images on the site are showing as broken links.I apologise for that. Unfortunately there is nothing that can be done to fix it right now. These things always happen at the very worst time: weekends.I've emailed Brian Altounian who has access to our Amazon S3 servers where our images are hosted because that's where the issue is. That's all I can do for now. I will look for other ways to contact him.
Ozoneocean at 12:11AM, Dec. 19, 2015
(online)
The problem is fixed now and our images will work fine! YES
I sweated many buckets and sat on my comp with about 15 tabs open tryng to contact people through all of social media, working through help lines and account pages, ringing people on skype etc but it's finally done now after 4 hours of work.

It means we're going to have to pay another $40-$50 a month for our imag hosting now that Brian isn't handling that. Our advertising will JUST cover that but we can't save any cash for programmers… So that means we will HAVE to raise all of he payments for fixes ourselves through Kickstarter or I'll just have to take on more freelance work…

But whatever. The site is working and we control the image server fully. YES! We didn't have that before and we do now so that means fixes in future will be easier and we may even be able to get the images OFF of there and onto our Linode server, which will be cheaper.
Genejoke at 12:44AM, Dec. 19, 2015
(online)
All sounds good… welll for the long term anyway.
Ozoneocean at 2:08AM, Dec. 19, 2015
(online)
Yes indeed! Early ext year I'll ask Alexey for a quite on fixing and adding various stuff to the site and we can use that as the basis of a Kickstarter (or some other money raiser).

I don't want to do it just yet because I want to relax a bit over the xmas break.
Amelius at 2:17AM, Dec. 19, 2015
(offline)
Dude, you do so much for this site it's amazing. Thanks for keeping the lights on here! And yeah I think some sort of fundraising is a must, you shouldn't have to take the entire burden on yourself! Community should help somehow!
Genejoke at 11:44AM, Dec. 19, 2015
(online)
Is a kick-starter the way to go? They can be hit and miss. A patreon or something?
Amelius at 6:26PM, Dec. 19, 2015
(offline)
Yeah! I was gonna suggest that too, since Patreon is both an ongoing funding option AND the community could contribute things to it as well! There's a lot of super talented people on this site and a handful of cool wallpapers, exlusive mini comics, tutorials and other things each month might be very appealing. It would be a chance for comics that get overlooked to display their talent (not that they should turn their donated work into a big ad for themselves, they'd have to have a broad appeal!) and could encourage our community members to pitch in to help.

Patreon is a tier based system, and donators can submit content to those individual tiers.
It could be a chance for some of those lesser-known talents to showcase their art while helping the community! Especially since you can submit content if you are a donator, so they'd be paying into the fund so they can show off their art in a better atmosphere. Just sayin', DD isn't the best at displaying a comics best assets from the main page unless they get a feature! And speaking of those, a donator feature/banner could be a tier people pay into as well!
Ozoneocean at 9:07AM, Dec. 20, 2015
(online)
That's a very good apprach to take amelius!
I like the idea of promoting people and getting more attention to the lessor viewed comics :D
In January we'll start the process.
Call Me Tom at 11:18AM, Dec. 20, 2015
(offline)
I fell that I can now safly say this NO MORE DRIVING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!
Genejoke at 12:13AM, Dec. 21, 2015
(online)
Banned from driving?
bravo1102 at 1:07AM, Dec. 21, 2015
(offline)
The “rest of the year” is barely two weeks.

I lost my temper and went off on the dispatcher from work. I was sick after 56 hours of work so far and figured I would save the company overtime and call out. He said it was denied and that I would be marked a no call no show. I had called in good faith in plenty of time. So he was breaking nj state law by telling me that. I told him it was against the law to say that and he persisted. He just didn't get it that he was saying something you can't say to an employee under the law. Employers cannot deny the worker their right to call out if the employer is given specified notice and called in good faith. The employer can take no disciplinary action against the employee ( which is what a no call no show would be)

And there's the fact that I had already worked over 40 hours including staying past my scheduled time to cover a call out. So their short staff is not my problem and cannot be used as an excuse to force me to come in. So I can lodge a complaint with the Department of Labor and my employer can get fined. And after all the stuff they have pulled on my fellow employees maybe it's about time.
Lonnehart at 6:39AM, Dec. 21, 2015
(online)
I suspect that dispatcher will be in hot water, especially if your employer isn't aware that he made that statement. We had one dispatcher who was fired when he made repeated threats to employees (including myself). The boss blew her top when we informed her what was going on (she didn't want to pay overtime). He WAS fired for violating that law where you can't tell an employee he/she can't call out when they provide advance notice and potentially getting the company in trouble.
last edited on Dec. 21, 2015 6:42AM
bravo1102 at 7:36AM, Dec. 21, 2015
(offline)
Nah at my company they'll probably give him a raise.
Lonnehart at 5:33PM, Dec. 21, 2015
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
Nah at my company they'll probably give him a raise.
I dunno. If you bring on that lawsuit and it costs your employer a lot of money due to the law being in place, they may not have enough to pay him that raise. :)
tupapayon at 7:06PM, Dec. 21, 2015
(online)
I just saw the new Star Wars… it's good (or at least good enough)… I've got spoilers to share!!!

Ozoneocean at 7:31PM, Dec. 21, 2015
(online)
Genejoke made a thread specifically about it. Share it there :)

———–

Speaking of people you work with: damn guy with extreme nervous energy. Calm the hell down man!!!!!! Settle down, drink less coffee, take a chill pill, relax…
All that kind of attitude does is induce stress and panic, fight or flight etc. It means you introduce errors and mistakes, possibly massively embarrassing and very expensive ones!

In my expereince it's very rare to get a good result from rushing. Event in the direst situations when time is critical you have to take a moment, clear your mind completely and work smoothly and efficiantly like there's a total time vacuum, where nothing else in the world matters.

You work quicker that way and get things done without mistakes because your intelect isn't tripping over itself and getting in the way: you allow instict, muscle memory, and subconciously remembered actions to take over while intelect sits back and guides them in the right direction. The same principal applies to graphic design on a computer as it does to sports or phyisical labour.

Time was NOT a factor in this case. Said person was just anxious because he wanted something done. Being a total and utter pain in the arse.
Lonnehart at 6:26AM, Dec. 22, 2015
(online)
So I logon to the Clickteam Fusion website to find the Android Exporter on sale. For $34!!! I guess this means I can now make games for the Google Play store. Of course, there's lots of competition and that's gonna be a headache…
Ozoneocean at 2:35AM, Dec. 23, 2015
(online)
Good on you Lonne. If you seriously want to do well with games released through Android you're going to need it to be promoted the right way so make sure to find out about games recomendation blogs… Stuff like Gizmodo Kotaku and Cnet are big pbvious mainstream places but there are also a lot of specific Android blogs and news sites like Android Central, Android Police and other places.

———

It's so hot here right now. Extreme heat. Hopefully the coming days it'll cool down to something more tollerable. I can't draw when it's way too hot or too unfomfortably cold.
Genejoke at 3:02PM, Dec. 23, 2015
(online)
It's not cold here. It should be, but it's far too mild. I don't like it.
Lonnehart at 12:16AM, Dec. 24, 2015
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
It's not cold here. It should be, but it's far too mild. I don't like it.
It's gotten colder than normal over here. If only I could shove some of this your way…
Ozoneocean at 12:37AM, Dec. 24, 2015
(online)
HAHAHAHA! Lone, it's STILL over twice as hot in Gaum as it is anywhere in the UK ^_^
bravo1102 at 12:50AM, Dec. 24, 2015
(offline)
And today it is 70 degrees Fahrenheit in NJ. Going to break the records.
Ozoneocean at 1:09AM, Dec. 24, 2015
(online)
It's a really, realy cool day here today, which is an amazing blessing after the 104F hell day yesterday. It only just reached 74F :D

I hope you're enjoying your respite from snow shoveling Bravo!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon