Comic Talk and General Discussion *

What is the weirdest idea you ever had for a comic?
mks_monsters at 5:58AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
Let's face it. We have all had lots of ideas for comics and some of them got really weird. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Sometimes, weird pays off. However, some are just too weird.

My weirdest idea for a comic was a romantic comedy where a rich honorable tycoon is so incredibly SICK of his spoiled man-child son's ways as well as his equally self-entitled daughter-in-law who divorce simply they're too lazy and selfish to work things out, that he takes his son out of the will and bars his access to the family money. He will only open the doors again and put him back in the will, if the two of them finally grow up and their first step is to reconcile like adults instead remaining divorced out of opportunism. The spoiled immature couple agrees, but they secretly to make a wedding that's going to make everyone so outrageous, so uncomfortable, so ridiculous all as a desperate attempt to convince rich dad that they are in fact a toxic couple and it's better for them to divorced and do what they wish. However, it backfires in two ways. Number one, despite their ideas and ways of doing things being so out there, the whole family and friends are having fun and enjoying it! And number two, by working together on something for once, the immature exes are starting to fall for each other again.

Like I said, this idea and premise is weird… though I may pick it up again. What weird ideas did you have for a story? I'd love to hear them and will go through with them?
lothar at 6:23AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
That's a cool idea.

All my stories are pretty run of the mill 😸
mks_monsters at 6:49AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
That's a cool idea.

Thanks. I want to pick it up again because it does funny. Seriously, you never had one idea that was out there? I'm sure you have.
bravo1102 at 7:20AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
That would make a great rom-com. Could even work for a long married couple who are just sick of each other and all their relatives and decide to get as weird as possible.

One of my strangest is an abstract anthropomorphic comic featuring drinking straws and a bucket of warm spit as the main characters. So weird I actually asked to create a separate account to do it under. Right now I only bring them out for the DD awards but there are plenty of scripts written.
mks_monsters at 7:30AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
That would make a great rom-com. Could even work for a long married couple who are just sick of each other and all their relatives and decide to get as weird as possible.

One of my strangest is an abstract anthropomorphic comic featuring drinking straws and a bucket of warm spit as the main characters. So weird I actually asked to create a separate account to do it under. Right now I only bring them out for the DD awards but there are plenty of scripts written.

Heh. That is out there, but it makes me laugh.

I came up with that idea as a way of bringing out the message that in today's day and age, we give up on love especially marriage way too easily and it's a waste really because you worked so hard thanks to being together. I get that some people are part of the journey and not the end, but at one point, it gets ridiculous. People are not things to be used and you shouldn't take your promises for granted.

But that's just my two cents on the topic.
J_Scarbrough at 8:26AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
lothar wrote:
mks_monsters wrote:
Seriously, you never had one idea that was out there? I'm sure you have.

A story of a strange planet where every inhabitant is so hyper sexual is run of the mill and not out there? On what planet? :P

But seriously, while not particularly weird persay, in addition to VAMPIRE GIRL, I also briefly toyed with the idea of doing a comic based on Warren Zevon's “Werewolves of London” that would've been about, you guessed it, werewolves trying to live their lives in London - not unlike, say, THE ADDAMS FAMILY or THE MUNSTERS . . . but all things considered, the story of a vampire girl who didn't want to be a vampire and sought a way to become mortal simply won out over that.

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
InkyMoondrop at 8:40AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
A comic that was intentionally bad in every possible way a comic can, one after another. - Just to see how hard it is to make something bad intentionally.

A comic about a detective but on every page, there's some wild nonsense plot twist. Like his mother turns away and with a dark look mutters to herself: “Your move, detective…”. It'd be completely whack, an anti-detective story with the anxieties of one man, who tries to solve a case, while his entire life is madness without any rationale.
mks_monsters at 8:47AM, Sept. 6, 2023
(offline)
InkyMoondrop wrote:
A comic that was intentionally bad in every possible way a comic can, one after another. - Just to see how hard it is to make something bad intentionally.

A comic about a detective but on every page, there's some wild nonsense plot twist. Like his mother turns away and with a dark look mutters to herself: “Your move, detective…”. It'd be completely whack, an anti-detective story with the anxieties of one man, who tries to solve a case, while his entire life is madness without any rationale.

Hey, experimenting is a good teacher.
bravo1102 at 4:08AM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
Another creator on Drunk Duck called my work “unapologetically weird” after reviewing my archive. So it was kind of difficult singling out weird so that's why I went with The Last Straw which I intended as surreal and out there. Even have Rod Serling make an appearance.
Andreas_Helixfinger at 8:13AM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
Well, weirdness more or less is kind of what all of my story ideas are composed of. Molly Lusc may be the most straight forward and that's about a mutant seal-human hybrid who makes gun silencers out of bubbles she blows after eating bars of soap and runs her detective bureau in a city district that is half sunken under water.

My most out there idea I think has to be Phetishverses, which is about these inanimate dolls made out of weird fungus stuff - taken from a cloud mushroom rising out of a blown up nuclear power plant - that you put under your bed and it will sub-atomically wander inside your DNA and cure all sorts of mutations. And the story premise is that one of them possesses a human host by accident and now has control over their body.

Other stories involves a combat sport - involving four legged bird-elephant mutant creatures with stilts for feet - where you win by either throwing the opponent out of the ring or by stomping on the opponent until balloons pop out of her knees, a half-empty tenament building where fairy-like mutants that can among other things make a bug exterminator's scrotum blow up into the size of a 70's sitting pillow roam around and also has a landlady serial killer who makes snuff films in her sound proofed room where she's the leading star, and a tactical unit of sewer cleaners who are former human organs that gained sentience and body through mutation who now kills poop monsters in the sewers and stops sentient underwater-subtrains by head-butting them really hard^^
last edited on Sept. 7, 2023 8:21AM
mks_monsters at 8:50AM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
Well, weirdness more or less is kind of what all of my story ideas are composed of. Molly Lusc may be the most straight forward and that's about a mutant seal-human hybrid who makes gun silencers out of bubbles she blows after eating bars of soap and runs her detective bureau in a city district that is half sunken under water.

My most out there idea I think has to be Phetishverses, which is about these inanimate dolls made out of weird fungus stuff - taken from a cloud mushroom rising out of a blown up nuclear power plant - that you put under your bed and it will sub-atomically wander inside your DNA and cure all sorts of mutations. And the story premise is that one of them possesses a human host by accident and now has control over their body.

Other stories involves a combat sport - involving four legged bird-elephant mutant creatures with stilts for feet - where you win by either throwing the opponent out of the ring or by stomping on the opponent until balloons pop out of her knees, a half-empty tenament building where fairy-like mutants that can among other things make a bug exterminator's scrotum blow up into the size of a 70's sitting pillow roam around and also has a landlady serial killer who makes snuff films in her sound proofed room where she's the leading star, and a tactical unit of sewer cleaners who are former human organs that gained sentience and body through mutation who now kills poop monsters in the sewers and stops sentient underwater-subtrains by head-butting them really hard^^

In my experience, weirdness is an asset not a flaw. I mean look at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Andreas_Helixfinger at 9:20AM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
mks_monsters wrote:

In my experience, weirdness is an asset not a flaw. I mean look at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

The franchise that inspired my obssession for anthropomorphic, mutant characters^^
last edited on Sept. 7, 2023 9:22AM
mks_monsters at 9:38AM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
Andreas_Helixfinger wrote:
mks_monsters wrote:

The franchise that inspired my obssession for anthropomorphic, mutant characters^^

There you go~
memo333 at 2:07PM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
I made a story of my manga years ago and got burnout/depressed and canceled it for YEARS.

and now thats gone…im unleashed…

the mosT WOW idea is that a character from TODAYs sep 7 23 3:06 pm actual manga has a character that will get “possesed” by the protagonist of the manga which I quit.

its like mixing past and present.

its a super cool idea and I that will happen later, maybe in chapter 6-7

All my stuff here: https://linktr.ee/memo333
mks_monsters at 3:53PM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
memo333 wrote:
I made a story of my manga years ago and got burnout/depressed and canceled it for YEARS.

and now thats gone…im unleashed…

the mosT WOW idea is that a character from TODAYs sep 7 23 3:06 pm actual manga has a character that will get “possesed” by the protagonist of the manga which I quit.

its like mixing past and present.

its a super cool idea and I that will happen later, maybe in chapter 6-7

I would like to see this idea polished. You know… suddenly, I'm worried my ideas aren't weird enough.
InkyMoondrop at 5:18PM, Sept. 7, 2023
(offline)
bravo1102 wrote:
Another creator on Drunk Duck called my work “unapologetically weird” after reviewing my archive. So it was kind of difficult singling out weird so that's why I went with The Last Straw which I intended as surreal and out there. Even have Rod Serling make an appearance.

The straw one is weird alright. Didn't know it was you, though. You learn something every day.
Furwerk studio at 2:58PM, Sept. 9, 2023
(offline)
My very first ongoing comic, Zounds Another Gamer Located Online, was set in a world where a virus had caused women to be born as bird furries, because at the time I was mad at the Furaffinity crowd for having a no human/anthro phase and wanted to say, “here, humans on furries, deal with it!”

The idea was it was going to work up from a slice of life of a tabletop game designer and her room mate, guy who escaped from a cult that was trying to lock themselves away from the outside world when the virus first hit and work up to cosmic horror, the title even is a refences to the entity they would be dealing with, Zalgo.

But I was posting it on Comic fury, asked for help and got torn to shreds on the premise alone and so many really not picking up on there was going to be much more in store.

I think it got deleted by the mods..

Oh well.
J_Scarbrough at 11:42AM, Sept. 10, 2023
(offline)
Sheesh, what is with CF and their selective high school clique-esque elimination process of who they perceive fits in with their community and who doesn't it? Eh, fuck 'em honestly. DD FTW!

Joseph Scarbrough
YouTube :: Facebook :: Instagram
Zero Hour at 4:30PM, Sept. 10, 2023
(offline)
Dickbutt being a knight
That was weird
I have no idea why I went with it
takoyama at 10:22PM, Sept. 10, 2023
(online)
I have comic ideas but i dont think they are that weird like:

1. a adult comic about a guy that is in a unhappy marriage that starts
picking up hookers, later it progresses to him becoming a serial killer
by killing them

2. the arthurian legend retold in modern day with street gangs and excalibur
is a gun x caliber

3. a public domain character named earl is a talking rabbit that is rich
earl the rich rabbit

4. vampires looking for the holy grail and the organization dedicated to
stopping them

stuff like that
PaulEberhardt at 12:50PM, Sept. 11, 2023
(offline)
InkyMoondrop wrote:

Heh! I had a similar idea once, but for writing. Still got a few shitty short stories sitting on my hard disk, and haven't yet found a good place to inflict them on an audience. Usually, I made them to focus on one or two basic mistakes ramped up to make it all as hilariously unreadable as possible. The hardest part of writing intentionally bad stories was actually making them not just bad but bad in an entertaining way.

One idea I've had for a comic long ago was a superman parody, called Mediocre Man. M.M. is super in normal life, performing amazing stuff with his superpowers to impress the women he flirts with - a guy who is successful at literally everything, and a first-rate a-hole at that, which comes just naturally in such circumstances. However, as soon as danger comes around the corner he is magically doomed to turn normal: not very strong, not very big, not very bright, not very handsome - mediocre in every way. At least this non-superpower comes with a rather dull costume with the mandatory underwear on top of the spandex embarrassingly dirty. I was still unsure of whether that guy would always save the world anyway, because everyone knows villains and their minions couldn't hit a barn door when they shoot, or whether he'd miserably fail all the time and just tell the story differently when status quo restored itself or was restored by professionals and he's super again. And in the final episode the world would just end, because a Mediocre Man simply couldn't be bothered with saving it and wouldn't be able to anyway.
Some friends of mine liked the idea and urged me to draw this, but instead I just scrapped it. Any questions why? No? Good! :)
last edited on Sept. 11, 2023 1:41PM
PaulEberhardt at 1:33PM, Sept. 11, 2023
(offline)
Oh right! I've just remembered about this really random one-pager that goes way back. Looking back, I probably should have called it “Hammer Space”.

I could never quite figure out how to follow it up, or if I should, although I've always felt I could do more with the setting it hints at.
last edited on Sept. 11, 2023 1:36PM
mks_monsters at 2:33PM, Sept. 11, 2023
(offline)
Thank you, everyone. After your ideas, I polished my weird idea. Let me know if this version of it is better.

If you don't know what it is, see my opening post before reading. Ahem…

The title is “Round Two! I Do!” and the premise is about a beloved celebrity couple that whose popularity skyrocketed after they married and officially became the world's most loved power couple. The pair consists of a heavyweight bodybuilder and wrestler and a supermodel who also doubles as an actress.

But once the honeymoon phase was over, the couple began to fight a LOT sometimes in public places and one time became a huge scandal which permanently tarnished their careers. That event was the last straw and the divorced which broke the world's heart especially because the supermodel wife just gave birth. Well, fast forward to two years later, and neither of are what they once despite their talents being unwavering. It turns out that after they became an item, 70% of their popularity came from them just being together romantically, so when they left each other a large majority of their fans left them. In a desperate attempt to get back in the spotlight, they agree to a very out there idea: reconcile, or rather, pretend they have reconciled and make it very convincing that they have. This is a lot harder than it looks because only the wife is good at acting while the (ex-) husband wears his heart on his sleeve. There's a lot of hilarity in their interactions while pretending to be lovey dovey again because underneath it is still a lot of resentment, aggression and spite. And I mean a LOT. Also their son is a toddler and and he is both curious and energetic which also adds to the tension. In other words, the kind of kid who sees being told “no” as a challenge to do the opposite, “come here” as run away, and such. There is also a lot of satire behind the rich lifestyle and exaggerated luxuries. Yet… at the same time, it does get them finally talking and while they both understand that this is just a sham marriage, they find it hard to cross certain lines you're not supposed to do in a marriage. They begin to question what was really missing in their marriage and maybe, it wasn't love after all, but if that's the case, does it make a difference?

What do you think of this premise? Weird yet it works?
fallopiancrusader at 4:32PM, Sept. 11, 2023
(offline)
Here are two ideas that have been bouncing around on the back burners of my comic-creation pipeline since the early 90s:

1) Scalpel Junkies: A comic about a pair of plastic surgeons who live in a society entirely defined by weaponized superficiality. For example, if you commit a crime, the verdict of the trial is based entirely on how stylish your outfit and hairdo were when you committed the crime.

2) Satan's Pavement: A comic about a world where social status is determined entirely by winning car races. The winner of the race isn't determined by who crosses the finish line first, but rather by whose car is the most stylish.

Both ideas were nothing more than flimsy excuses to draw outrageous costumes and cars. I guess Girlsquad X was drawn for the same reason, but in a less overt way.
last edited on Sept. 11, 2023 4:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon