Comic Talk and General Discussion *

If you met yourself, would you become friends?
Ozoneocean at 9:19PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
This is an interesting exercise…
Look in a mirror or something and then imagine that reflection as another person- not yourself- but with all your personality, likes, dislikes, opinions, taste, sense of style, funny habits, body odour and all the rest of it.

Would you want that person as a friend?
What kind of friend would they make?

———————-

For myself, the answer is no.
I love being me, but I doubt I could stand someone else totally like me. I'd find him irritating, stuck-up, vain, opinionated, deathly boring, and too fussy.
It's funny that a lot of the things it's fun to be yourself, are not things you'd necessarily like much in other people. :)

On the reverse side, when I think about what attracts me to other people and what I like in someone else, I have no wish to have those qualities myself.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
BffSatan at 10:27PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
If you did him would that be gay or would it just be like masturbating?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
bravo1102 at 10:45PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
This could turn into a discussion about whether you truly like who you are, are content with yourself and your self-image and a lot of other psychological stuff. A psychologist could say that if you wouldn't want yourself as a friend that you are not happy with who you are which is arguably different from being comfortable with your identity because you cannot accept what you see as defects in your own character.

All that psychobabble out of the way, I would be friends with myself because I accept me for who I am not who I should be as I accept the good and bad in others. However, I would probably lose touch with myself and not bother to return phone calls or emails, but then I do that with everybody. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 10:45PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
BffSatan
Totally gay!

I wouldn't even like a female version of myself. >_<

But what about you? The question is general.
Ochitsukanai at 10:46PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
I'm quite the unrepentant narcissist, so ours would essentially be the most perfect love excepting the rumored love of God himself. We'd live together in a fantastical dreamland of self-absorption. I can see it now. <3
BffSatan
Having never before even remotely considered it, in that one instant I knew that the ozone/ozone pairing was not for me, oh god no D:

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Ozoneocean at 10:52PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
This could turn into a discussion about whether you truly like who you are, are content with yourself and your self-image and a lot of other psychological stuff
That's not the jist of it.

The thing is that for myself, I'm totally and completely happy with the way I am. Self satisfied to the very gills! That being the case, it's purely logical that I would find another one of me who was like that, for all the same reasons, utterly insufferable.

It's like if you've got a nice happy tomcat, all contented in his environment and happy with himself. Add another tomcat just like him to the to that environment and see how they get on.
DAJB at 11:09PM, June 13, 2010
(online)
I think I'd quite like the other me. After all, we'd have all the same interests!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Chernobog at 11:12PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
I enjoy my individuality, so I'd sooner prefer not to have a clone of myself running around. At least, not around me. I would feel far less of a person in the presence of such a simulacrum. Frankly, one of us would probably move as far away as possible or start considering some form of self destruction. Then again… I don't live with my mother, but I get the impression she would enjoy having another me around to help out. She would probably then hold that one as the favorite, but I might be content knowing she's being treated well and watched over.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
skoolmunkee at 11:20PM, June 13, 2010
(offline)
I think I'd be quite happy with myself as a friend, for the most part. The problem would be that I wouldn't ever give myself the chance to get that far. Pretty sure I give off an “acquaintances only” vibe most of the time.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:43PM
Lonnehart at 1:01AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
I'd probably start throwing punches at him, stab him to death, then throw him off a cliff. I'm sorry, but one of me is ENOUGH and I'd lose some my sense of individuality (and sanity).

No, it wouldn't be suicide. Remember, he looks acts, talks, and has all my memories, but he is NOT ME! Oh, wait… then that would be murder then…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
crocty at 1:09AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I would imagine meeting myself to be quite creepy, however, at the same time awesome.
I'd give myself so many bro-fists my knuckles would run blood red. Not mine, mine I mean. I obviously can't get bloody knuckles from such a thing. But I guess I could, I dunno.

After getting over the awesomeness, I'd probably figure out how and why he's here, so I know whether or not I need to kill myself. Uh, myself I mean, not me. Yeah, me.

Because if I was from a parallel dimension that would be fine, but if I was a clone, I would need to die instantly.

Oh but until the murder, it would be awesome! :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Tokoyoto at 1:12AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I am sort of a giant jerk. Then again, knowing more people that totally get all my inside jokes, and enjoy all the things that I enjoy, would be pretty neat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
crocty at 1:17AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
Oh yeah the jokes too. I'd probably reenact the scene in MSPA where Future Dave goes back in time to meet Present Dave. Though it would probably end bad because I'd want to be future Dave, but I bet I would also want to be future Dave, so it would just end in arguing.

Oh then there's going to school, saying “HEY EVERYONE LOOK I CAN TELEPORT” then run out a door and walk in a door at the other side of the room.
Fuck just get me a cloning machine right now I've considered all these possiblities and I don't think I can live without myself anymore.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
same at 1:49AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Id most likely end up trying to kill it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
PIT_FACE at 7:18AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
we'd get along really good at first, it'd be a blast. but then one of us would get pissed off, then the other one would, and we'd become progressivly angrier and angrier at eachother until we'd get in a fight, at which point we'd become even more angrier cuz we couldnt beat eachother up. eventualy a black hole of anger would form from all the angry gravity (angeravity) and it'd suck the world in and all the universe into the angriverse, ironically the two of us would be nice again by then.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Faliat at 7:55AM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I'd think being friends with myself would be really awkward. You'd know more about that person than most couples know about each other. You would be completely unable to trick it or distract it since it would know when you were trying to do such a thing.

All it would do is be there. Being you.

Although I guess I'm kinda biased about the whole thing since I'm more attractive in a mirror than outside of it. I have an asymmetrical face and haircut.
I'd be pretty concerned of everybody liking the mirror me more because of that little fact and it possibly ultimately replacing me and outperforming me in life without it's knowledge.

I'd probably wish it was of the opposite sex so I could get along with it without it feeling awkward. Plus it couldn't replace me.

Although on second thought if I get along with it TOO well there's the issue of whether or not it would be incestuous if an attraction somehow developed.

On the upside, I could probably get through art projects and comics a lot faster if both mes had the same thought patterns… And the other one would be left handed so I'd get those pesky facial features done evenly.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
usedbooks at 8:46AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Actually, I have met people who are unnervingly similar to me. I wouldn't think we would get along so great, but we do. All the things I dislike about myself, I don't see so negatively in others, so actually when I meet people with those “faults,” I end up being less hard on myself. It's actually a relief to know everything about one another. There are only a few people who know absolutely everything about me, and they are still the best people to be around. Like my brother and I share our whole past, most opinions, and have shared interests, but we still have great conversations – even knowing what the other is going to say. It's almost like having an imaginary friend, but in reality.

I agree with Falliat that it would be easier with an “opposite sex” me. The closest I have to that connection are the opposite sex. I don't think it would be awkward, as it's not with my brother. I bear antipathy to my sister for similarities as well as differences. I think it's just easier to get annoyed toward members of my own gender. I find them aggravating for things I would find forgivable in a guy. (Boys will be boys.)

If I had another me, we could totally lament together and joke together. It's nice to have someone with empathy toward all those little annoying things in life like job woes and weight problems. I think we'd be positive influences on each other. Neither one of us would want to “fall behind” so we'd always up our game. We could both cry at movies and not have to worry about getting made fun of (or we could make fun of each other).

Sounds like a good deal to me. It's always good to have another friend around, especially one that you have ANYTHING in common with.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Ozoneocean at 9:10AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Ha! Getting some great responses here!
I dunno, most of the things I really like about myself, I tend not to like too much in others. What I like in others is what I'm not so much of.

A world of clones, for me, would be a horrible, horrible place. -_-
BffSatan at 9:13AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
BffSatan
Totally gay!

I wouldn't even like a female version of myself. >_<

But what about you? The question is general.
-PROS-
Learn the faults of one's sexual game
Who better to experiment with?
-CONS-
Fucking creepy and oh-so-very wrong
Really awkward when it's over

Weighing up the pros and cons I think that sex with my carbon-copy would be out of the question. Even if it was just a blow job.
Ozoneocean at 9:30AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
BffSatan
Weighing up the pros and cons I think that sex with my carbon-copy would be out of the question. Even if it was just a blow job.
…I meant, the original question… friends?

…not weather you'd consider incest D:
BffSatan at 9:47AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
BffSatan
…I meant, the original question… friends?

…not weather you'd consider incest D:
Is it incest? I'm not sure.

Besides, I don't think we could be friends, ecspecially if we just had sex. AWKWARD!

Plus it's be annoying in social situations, every time I'd have something good to contribute to a conversation he'd have thought of it to. That would be terrible. Also, I'd tend to get paranoid that he was trying to take my place or something.

If I had a clone I would make him sleep all day and I would sleep all night, that way I am effectively awake 24/7 and we'd never have to interact.
Kroatz at 11:59AM, June 14, 2010
(online)
If I had a perfect duplicate of myself I probably wouldn't like him much. I am quite smart and usually try to show off at least some of my ever expanding knowledge in conversations. If I had a clone I couldn't do that, since they'd know what I was talking about and would actually come up with a witty retort.

And I hate people that come up with witty retorts.

Then there'd be the issue of love interests, my perfect clone would go after the same girls, and with my luck they'd probably get the girl instead of me.

When it comes to personality I think I'd like myself, I usually think about all the good things that could happen and then make peace with even the worst things that might happen. People around me with the same kind of pessimistic optimism are usually people I like, or at least people I can have good conversations with.

The most important part about me is of course the way I look. I look beautiful. And I like pretty people. But I'm kinda fat, and I hate fat people. Dilemma.

The thing I'd like best about a perfect duplicate is the possibility of actually finishing some art stuffs. They could color it after I drew it…

And I'd never have sex with a duplicate.
Unless I was a girl. Then I would.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
AQua_ng at 1:54PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I'd hit that.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
Kroatz at 2:00PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
AQua_ng
I'd hit that.

Who?
Me?

I'm flattered!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
same at 2:08PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
With a left hook.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:48PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
^ good.

no. I am one sonuva donkey kong
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Product Placement at 3:32PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
I'd probably befriend myself with the purpose of studying my clone in order to visualize how I portray myself to others, with the purpose of improving myself. I could find out lots of interesting facts, like; Do I ever have a bad posture? Is there something I occasionally do that makes me look stupid? How are my table manners? etc.

Then I'll realize that he's doing the same to me and feel very insulted.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Faliat at 3:40PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I was thinking on the incest issue a little bit there and I just realised!

Legally, it would be. Since the only way mirror you would be able to exist as part of modern society is if the truth was told, in which nobody would believe you unless it happened to other people and was well documented, or the mirror you has to be registerd as a long lost relative or that you would have to say you are a monozygotic twin and the two of you were separated at birth.

I should make a comic out of that! It's an interesting topic.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
alwinbot at 4:32PM, June 14, 2010
(offline)
I'd hate him. But he'd probably never talk to me.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Product Placement at 5:03PM, June 14, 2010
(online)
Faliat
…or the mirror you has to be registerd as a long lost relative or that you would have to say you are a monozygotic twin and the two of you were separated at birth.
Hey, stuff like that happens all the time.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon