Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Introducing the DD Quackcast
Ozoneocean at 11:16AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Big news today, duckers!

Bigger than usual. This is really, really decently-sized news actually.
We have a new feature here on DD: Quackcasts!
Click here http://podcast.drunkduck.com, or click on the link in the right hand column near the Faceduck and Twitter links.

This is DrunkDuck's new weekly podcast feature, starring both skoolmunkee and myself, ozoneocean. We have an entertaining and informative chat about the featured comics each of us have chosen, discuss various community events and interesting happenings going on in the DD forums, and mention any news that might be important to you guys, like Secret Santas, the DD redesign, etc. That sort of thing.

Click on over and have a listen! There should be about six up already and we'll be recording another one tonight! Enjoy. Discuss them in the forums. Tell us exactly how foolish we both sound. We'd love to hear about it!

———
And don't forget to read Thor's Thundershack, this Thursday's featured comic! Wow, “Thusday”==“Thor's day” Hahahahaha!

Read Pinky TA too, that's updated today as well ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
Ozoneocean at 11:17AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
We really would like feedback.
Actually, we dread it, but give that anyway, after you've finished listening to the quackcasts of course. :)

http://podcast.drunkduck.com/

——ozone sounds muffled and quiet because he needs a better mic. Lobby wowiow to pay for a better mic for ozone!
skoolmunkee at 11:39AM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
We are simultaneously excited because we think they are neat and we love talking about the featured comics (the best parts of these things), but scared because we hope no one hates them or thinks we are stupid. :I

Also sorry these took so long to get out, they were meant to be launched with the redesign that didn't, and then they just kept getting set back. But they are here now!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
crocty at 12:04PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Hahahaha Ozone your voice is like stereotypical Australian all over. :I

Skool does talk much more than Ozone so I would recommend attempting to take turns at mentions and such. Although I haven't listened to them all so perhaps when I listen to the others it'll be the exact opposite and I'll look like a right pillock.

Not that it really matters, just you may wanna balance it out. Although nearer the end Ozone is talking more so I guess this is all moot.

Marvelous this is, though come on, podquack would've been a much punnier name.

EDIT: Can we look forward to interviews on these sometime in the future?
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Niccea at 3:47PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
I would so love to join in with you guys, but my voice isn't “photogenic.”

You two have nice crisp voices. I would not fit in. T_T

I also have a very impressionable voice. I would start out sounding like myself but sound more like skool or Ozone in the end.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Genejoke at 4:28PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
I liked them, would be interesting to have other DD'ers pop up every so often too.

The featured comics aspect is great and the attention to these here boards.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
Chernobog at 4:31PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Huh, Ozone doesn't sound anything like I thought he would. Pretty cool stuff, though. Was kinda neat hearing someone else actually talk aloud about AG.

I think the Podcast is a good community addition, in any event. Gives a little more life to the site when the mods talk shop, you know?

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
frankkerr at 4:39PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Oz. Your mic sounds like youre in the background.
Theyre interesting and I dont find myself getting bored.
Interviews would be a good idea.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Neilsama at 5:07PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Just listened to episode 3. You guys didn't READ The Crossoverlord? DEATH!!!

No, I'm kidding. It was very nice of you to feature the series. Everyone really appreciates it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
Abt_Nihil at 5:08PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Gah! My comic was featured a month too soon! >.<

Seriously, you're both nice to listen to. I've sat through some podcasts recorded by people with grueling voices… or extremely boring voices… so this one sounds quite nice (except for the mic issues, as mentioned).

I haven't listened to them all yet, though…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
skoolmunkee at 6:01PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming! We want to make sure these are interesting to people and not just us blabbing on about stuff in a vacuum.

Niccea
You two have nice crisp voices. I would not fit in. T_T
Nobody likes the way their own voice sounds, at first. You get used to it!

crocty
Skool does talk much more than Ozone so I would recommend attempting to take turns at mentions and such.

Marvelous this is, though come on, podquack would've been a much punnier name.

EDIT: Can we look forward to interviews on these sometime in the future?
You're right, I do talk more, I think it's because I'm probably a little more comfortable with it, and in the first couple eps I felt like I had to move things along because they told us to aim for 15 minutes. I didn't realize that til the 3rd or 4th episode though. I'm working on it, in the one we recorded today it's mostly Oz. :]

Podquack is a good name! We didn't really come up with quackcast, but I think it works too. :] Wowio came up with the idea for the podcasts and asked us if we'd like to do them, we agreed. Things were super complicated at first because they wanted a videocast (so they could incorporate bits into WowioTV) and that involved failed tryouts of software, me not wanting to be videoed, etc. (Eventually the TV thing got set aside and that made it all easier.) Quackcast was probably a working name and everyone just stuck with it.

The idea of interviews or other people coming on has been brought up among us. It wasn't something we wanted to attempt too early on because we were having a hard enough time getting the first ones recorded. Because we get on the line with Wowio (who does the recording most of the time) and that's a 3-way time difference, it might be difficult to schedule other guests most of the time- plus that would make these longer, and we're not sure yet what the ideal time would be. (15 minutes is too short, but 30 seems like it would get too long.) I'm not even sure if Skype will do a 4-way conference call?

Anyway yeah, that is something we've considered and will probably do, especially for special things like the drunk duck awards and so on. We'll just have to get more experienced at recording the shows without Wowio because it's likely our current set up will either be unworkable long-term or difficult to invite people into (10am pacific, 6pm gmt, 2am australia)

We actually have quite a few ideas of things we could talk about beyond a bit of community and forum news and the features, but once we're done with those it usually seems like we don't have enough time. :]

Chernobog
Huh, Ozone doesn't sound anything like I thought he would. Pretty cool stuff, though. Was kinda neat hearing someone else actually talk aloud about AG.
It's kind of like, you know…. you sort of feel…. how can I describe it? Anyway, you know what I mean.

Talking about the features seemed like it would be the hardest part, before we did these. It's kind of hard sometimes to write those blurbs and we (or me, anyway) worried that I wouldnt' have anything to say on the podcast. But we end up having lots to say. :] And hopefully we don't accidentally insult someone.

Neilsama
Just listened to episode 3. You guys didn't READ The Crossoverlord? DEATH!!!

Yeah just like that! ;)

Anyway, if you do have a listen then keep telling us what you think! Even if it's something we wouldn't like to hear. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Niccea at 6:17PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
No…skool isn't just that. When my voice is digital it is harder to understand. I listened to an answering machine recording of myself. I couldn't make out a single word.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
skoolmunkee at 6:19PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(offline)
I don't see how that makes any sense, but whatever you say. :] Maybe like Oz you just need better recording equipment!

I just found out there's already a quackcast that seems reasonably well-known. I will steal Crocty's podquack suggestion and send that on. :] No one's got a podquack and it's a pretty good name!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 7:03PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
Niccea
I would so love to join in with you guys, but my voice isn't “photogenic.”
Hahaha, “sonagenic” ^_^

My voice definitely does not sound sonagenic (is that really a word?), I'm sure you'd be fine. Thanks for the compliment anyway! Skool has a way better radio voice.

I'm going to see if I can improve what I can do with my current mic.

As Skool says though, please keep the feedback coming, it'll help us get better! Thanks for what you've said already too, it's much appreciated :)
blindsk at 11:42PM, Dec. 9, 2010
(online)
I liked it a lot! Definitely entertaining, some interesting insight, and it even convinced me to check out some of the comics you brought up.

Oh, and this helps me out for the voice contest, so thanks for that as well. ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
skoolmunkee at 12:19AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
blindsk
I liked it a lot! Definitely entertaining, some interesting insight, and it even convinced me to check out some of the comics you brought up.

Haha, yeah exactly! Now no one has an excuse not to get at least TWO right (three if they submitted their own!)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
AQua_ng at 12:28AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
You two need to do a freestyle rap battle. I'm pretty that's a must in any podcast. I haven't listened to it yet, but I will do so in the very near future (like later today or something I don't know I'm no seer to the future hush your gums). And in any case, Skype can handle at the very least six people in conference calls in my experience, and probably more I reckon.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
ayesinback at 7:27AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
blindsk

Well, everyone can hear Niccea's voice on the voice contest - and judge for him/herself on how hard she is on her own voice. (Maybe when the contest is done the voices can be archived with the quackcasts.)

I listened only to the latest, but plan to listen to them all. Apparently committing 10 minutes to anything all at once has become a challenge for me.

Yeah, tech-wise it could be better (Oz needs a better mike), but content -wise, I enjoyed it - very interesting how you pick the features, or at least how you came to pick AG.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
Genejoke at 8:20AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(online)
Is the voice thing with Oz the mic or a matter of who is hosting the call/recording? Just a thought.
skoolmunkee at 9:47AM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
It is a little of both we think. My mic is a headset but Oz's is a standing one, he has to lean pretty close to it or else he sounds too much like he's “in a room” (which he is of course.) Skype also can interfere by compressing the sound to ensure fast transfer. Most of these were recorded by Wowio though, who is about equally distant from both of us.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
mcrislip at 12:09PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
fyi;

there has been a quackcast website and podcast since 2006. Not that there is any content overlap.

http://moremark.squarespace.com/quackcast-home/
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
skoolmunkee at 1:43PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
Yeah, I mentioned that earlier in the thread. I guess whoever came up with the name didn't do a search, and everyone else assumed a search had been done. :] Thanks though!
IT'S OLD BATMAN
AQua_ng at 1:49PM, Dec. 10, 2010
(offline)
I would like to state my dissatisfaction at the fact that Ozone's first word was not “G'day”.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
DarkGesen at 5:52AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(online)
Whose phone went of in episode 6?!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:07PM
skoolmunkee at 8:59AM, Dec. 13, 2010
(offline)
Mine! It came out pretty clearly too. You'd think with a headset that kind of thing wouldn't get picked up.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
DarkGesen at 1:27AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
What's funny is the way you completely ignored it and continued the podcast, that's dedication alright. Heh heh…Anyway, a great podcast ( finally got to hear what you guys sound like!). It doesn't sound rehearsed or scripted or anything like that which is really good. It's been mentioned before, that you guys should include members in episodes, I think this is a great idea (not sure exactly how that would be done) but otherwise just keep it up!
Also what day of the week are they released?
Ozoneocean at 7:05AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
The new ones are supposed to go up on Tuesday…
Hmmmm…?

As to other DD people popping in, in principle I like the idea, but I actually wouldn't really like a lot of people having me on Skype lists… Is that strange? I'm only half of a public person lol!
Genejoke at 7:09AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
Perhaps set up a second skype account solely for the quackcast.
Ozoneocean at 7:37AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
Genejoke
Perhaps set up a second skype account solely for the quackcast.
Good thinking.
DarkGesen at 7:47AM, Dec. 14, 2010
(online)
And of course the important question, who?

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon