Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, Moan and Rave - 2010 edition
Ozoneocean at 9:57PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
kyupol
And you know what… I think the Bible got it wrong.

Cuz the way I've seen it, demons didnt come first before Hell. Its more like Hell comes first before the demons. Its more like Hell is the place where demons are born.

Take that literally or figuratively. It works both ways.
I take it insanely.

Demons don't fit with Christianity, they just don't really belong in the mythology properly… They're all hangovers from other religions just re-purposed. Almost all were ordinary standard gods and things in other perfectly ordinary religions.
And Christianity as a philosophy really doesn't focus on demons at all, that's mainly crappy old testament stuff added to stupid crazy folk stuff and idiotic fringe nuttiness that always exists on the edge of poor old Catholicism.
And that insane book of revelations that should really have been forgotten.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
kyupol at 10:51PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Sometimes wished I was an angel. So I can fly through the valley of the shadow of death and fear no evil.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
mechanical_lullaby at 11:10PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
kyupol
And you know what… I think the Bible got it wrong.

Cuz the way I've seen it, demons didnt come first before Hell. Its more like Hell comes first before the demons. Its more like Hell is the place where demons are born.

Take that literally or figuratively. It works both ways.
I take it insanely.

Demons don't fit with Christianity, they just don't really belong in the mythology properly… They're all hangovers from other religions just re-purposed. Almost all were ordinary standard gods and things in other perfectly ordinary religions.
And Christianity as a philosophy really doesn't focus on demons at all, that's mainly crappy old testament stuff added to stupid crazy folk stuff and idiotic fringe nuttiness that always exists on the edge of poor old Catholicism.
And that insane book of revelations that should really have been forgotten.

Aw, man, but I was really hoping to get chased by some man-headed bees.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
kyupol at 11:19PM, Dec. 16, 2010
(online)
Aw, man, but I was really hoping to get chased by some man-headed bees.

Theres lots of em in Hell. But dont swat em or spray em with bug spray. They need to be saved.
bravo1102 at 3:51AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Hell is not Canada or London. It is a very cold place where no matter what you do you cannot get warm and the thought creeps into your head “I will never be warm again.”
Hell is a hot sticky place where no matter where you go you are ankle deep in muck (not mud, not water but that unmentionable mix water bufflao like to stand in) and sand is blowing in your face.
But with the right attitude you can get used to it. That's why hell cannot be eternal. It has to refresh everyday so you never get used to it.
As a soldier serving in Iraq during Desert Storm said “This ain't hell but you can see it from here.”

Been there, done that but any tee-shirt you get is just too nasty and ratty to keep.

Demons predate Christianity. They are creations used to scare good Hebrew children during the Babylonian captivity. Study ancient Hebrew mythology. The stuff that isn't in the Old Testament. That the Old Testament refers to in passing like what exactly is the “Terror by night?” That Pre-Adamite monster who lacking her own children would snatch the Children of Adam in the night.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Ozoneocean at 4:04AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
Demons predate Christianity.
Of course they do… as the gods in their own right that they once were. Even the many of the “demons” in Judaism come straight from older middle eastern religions.
Remember to that the word “demon” comes from the Greek. Christianity didiindeed refine the concept in its own way.

So many of those famous demon names can be traced back to other cultures…
But that's not unique to JudaoChristianity, the Muslims have their djins, the Vikings had their evil frost giants, the Greeks had their titans and so on. None of those were original inventions as evil creatures and had other lives in earlier existences.
bravo1102 at 4:28AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
So you could say that the demon might have once been someone's deity. That in some ways goes back to the city states of Sumer where Ur's deity was the supreme good and Akkad's was the great evil. That is until Akkad conquered Ur and the Akkadians in their infinite wisdom to accomodate the conquered just demoted Ur's diety.
But when religious belief got exclusive the religions didn't do that anymore. The former dieties became evil incarnate. But all the efforts of the church could not keep the people from respecting the old spirits. So the church ended up demonizing them.

And demonolgy provided endless hours of fun to bored clerics. We'll never know how many were just making it up. Just like people think the fictional creations of Lovecraft and Durleth are real.

Presonally I keep a guide on demonology handy whenever writing. Even the Greek muses were made demons by Holy Mother Church.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Genejoke at 4:54AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
TOOTHACHE.

The agonising type that makes it hard to think or do anything emergency appt in just over an hour….

GAH!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
kyupol at 5:39AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
As a soldier serving in Iraq during Desert Storm said “This ain't hell but you can see it from here.”

He's right. Because alot of them turn into demons upon return to the homeland. Hell creates demons. The deeper the level of Hell you dive to, the worse the demon you may become.
frankkerr at 5:54AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Oh. Hes talking about war.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
kyupol at 6:01AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
Oh. Hes talking about war.

“Only the dead have seen the end of war.”
- Plato
frankkerr at 6:09AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Quotes now?

“A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle. ” - Jarhead.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Ochitsukanai at 9:26AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
Studied for seven hours straight for an exam that didn't turn out to be as hard as I thought, and the 25-page paper is done and turned in, so this incredibly busy semester's finally over!

Also if my paper was acceptable I may have made an A in each class after all. Now I'm going to do that automatic thing where I alter my memory to tell me that things weren't as stressful or horrible as they really, really were, and think “Yeaaaah you can do all that again no problem, let's go for straight As forever”

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
HippieVan at 11:03AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
bravo1102
It is a very cold place where no matter what you do you cannot get warm and the thought creeps into your head “I will never be warm again.”

Clearly you haven't been to central Canada. That's exactly how I feel 6-8 months of the year. : (

I'm just kidding, you're very right. I don't like where I am but there are places much worse.
But London certainly isn't one of them.

Speaking of cold weather though, the temperature is actually crazy warm right now. The other day it was -30C before windchill and I figured it would only get colder but it's only like -10C now, which is beautiful! It would be a great snowman-building day if I didn't have to work. Hopefully it hangs on for the weekend.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
kyupol at 11:18AM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
Quotes now?

“A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle. ” - Jarhead.

I remember during my days in the Phil. Army we were told to treat that rifle like your wife. While in formation, officers would randomly pull the rifle of a random guy… it could be YOU. If your rifle got pulled out, you would most likely be ordered to do (at least) 50 pushups while biting the sling of that rifle. lol!
seventy2 at 12:06PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
i wish people would stop idolizing military members.

don't get me wrong. we definitely don't need a repeat of the 60's and 70's, but i think we came to terms that messing up people, who are more than likely already messed up is bad, but it's come to the point that if you say “i don't support the military” it's like you just told someone you kicked a puppy after stealing some candy from a retarded baby.

not all of us put our lives on the line everyday. (anymore than a normal person in their busy day) not all of them put their lives on the line specifically for your freedom (and the ones that do, you will prolly never hear of)

but thanks for not calling us baby killers anymore.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
frankkerr at 1:31PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
i wish people would stop idolizing military members.

don't get me wrong. we definitely don't need a repeat of the 60's and 70's, but i think we came to terms that messing up people, who are more than likely already messed up is bad, but it's come to the point that if you say “i don't support the military” it's like you just told someone you kicked a puppy after stealing some candy from a retarded baby.

not all of us put our lives on the line everyday. (anymore than a normal person in their busy day) not all of them put their lives on the line specifically for your freedom (and the ones that do, you will prolly never hear of)

but thanks for not calling us baby killers anymore.

I don't idolize the military. Infact I pity them. Murder is murder weither its in the name of your country or your god. Still doesn't justify it. Just makes it legal if youre in the organization. Men make war. Greed or stupidity continues it.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:32PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
I'm sick!

But not just in the mind.

I need a new XMAS av and I'm still trying to think of one. My current XMAS av is the one I made last year cause it's still awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
seventy2 at 3:07PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
frankkerr
I don't idolize the military. Infact I pity them. Murder is murder weither its in the name of your country or your god. Still doesn't justify it. Just makes it legal if youre in the organization. Men make war. Greed or stupidity continues it.

not all men murder, or even carry weapons.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Aurora Borealis at 3:52PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! I GOT LAID OFF!

Wait, that's not exactly good news, is it?

Apparently my feet have gotten so bad that they started to smell pretty badly. Badly as in “this might be a skin issue and not just dirty feet” badly. As in “I can't get the stink off no matter how much I scrub my feet, it's back the next day after an hour in shoes anyway!”.

And then some people complained to the bosses and I'm off for the time being. They'll need people sooner or later so I should get the job back meanwhile I have the time to let them heal, see a doctor if necessary (depending on how this cream I got will work within the next few days) and…
TIME TO DRAW!

So, Saturday and Sunday is cleaning time (need to whip this place into something resembling shape, I have stuff lying all over the floor at this point after all these weeks of 12 hour shifts) and starting Monday my “replacement job” is me drawing comics 8 hours a day. AT least that's theplan anyway. I hope I can do it as such cause otherwise it'll be again a case of “oh man, I had so much free time and I wasted it on not-drawing” rather than “I did all I could” (as it was the case with Din Krakatau).

UI think I'm going to ease myself in back into drawing comics with some short stories so I might actually start updating Carnivore Carnival in 2011.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Dave Mire at 4:01PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
Does “Jackwagon” even qualify as a viable insult?

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:09PM
frankkerr at 4:07PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
seventy2
frankkerr

I know. But you get the general idea. Not saying “youre in the army youre a murderer!”. Just saying that with war comes death at the hands of men.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
ayesinback at 4:53PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
Dave Mire
Does “Jackwagon” even qualify as a viable insult?

I think it could. Just no grin or eye-twinkles during delivery
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
frankkerr at 6:39PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
I made some pokemon out of snow.
Pikachu
Tangela
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Ozoneocean at 6:42PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
seventy2
you kicked a puppy after stealing some candy from a retarded baby.
But that's my morning routine!
seventy2
frankkerr
I don't idolize the military. Infact I pity them.
Coming as he does from Northern Ireland, I can see Same's perspective. -military, war, soldiers etc all have a very nasty reputation there.
frankkerr at 7:11PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Especially when you're a “fenian”.
Catholics are treated as a minority here.
Which just goes to show the stupidity of loyalists.
“You're catholic! You want a united Ireland! Go back to your own country!”
This is actual dialogue. I was told this because I don't worship the Queen.
As you can tell Im quite bitter. Especially since my girlfriends dad is a loyalist.

But moving on.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
Skullbie at 7:47PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
This chicken salad sucks. Chicken salad OF FAILURES

I just spent the past 6ish hours trying to make my new comic characters hot. -_- Not a full six hours because i take breaks every 5 minutes, but a damn long time for redrawing and designing. The queen turned out good but now she's a pain to draw T___T
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
itsjustaar at 7:54PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
ozoneocean
what?' xD Coming from San Jose, and telling a friend now on IM, the citylights and the late starry nights of where I lived there was always beautiful. ‘sides, most of DP is out of business anyway, it’ll wind up like a long lost Bonanza TV show backdrop anytime soon.

Sometimes I can't help but want to speak nasty to the cops in question. :/ These guys didn't seem like they cared much that I had viable friends and folk who could back me up, and would lock me up either way. I didn't get so much an apology for their mistake, and I doubt they'll ever be gentle in the future. x__x;
“Keeping Up with Thursday” - Updated Every 3 Days!
“ZombieToons Must Die” - hiatus. D:
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:05PM
Chernobog at 11:45PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(offline)
Just gotta vent this.

I'm going to throat jack someone if I have another pseudo-intellectual tell me I'm spelling my name wrong and further, I'm an idiot for doing so. Because Disney and Neil Gaiman CLEARLY invented the name and it certainly wasn't from Slavic mythology in the first place. God forbid the possibility that something ever came into being before homogeneous pop culture. And you know, it's not even that they think the name is incorrect. It's more than they're entirely certainly they know the only origin.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
kyupol at 11:48PM, Dec. 17, 2010
(online)
cant believe this. One of the glasses in my cupboard suddenly broke a couple days ago… it didnt drop to the floor. Just saw it broken. Then I cut my right hand yesterday… then my right foot today.

In both cuts, I only realized I've been cut at a later time. Saw red stuff on my dishes that ain't ketchup. Thats when I figured out its my blood. Then in the shower, I only realized I cut my foot when I saw the blood going down the drain.

Starting to have one of those foreboding feelings of a bad omen.

Or it can be all coincidence. :) I hope so.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon