Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Chernobog at 6:43PM, Dec. 13, 2011
(offline)
http://nyanit.com/drunkduck.com
Oh what sweet hell have I stumbled upon to here? Nooo!

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
Macattack at 9:01PM, Dec. 13, 2011
(offline)
O_o ….. should I thank you or hate you for this???? Gaaaaah had just gotten it out of my head too :P cool find though
FormerDDer at 12:37AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
One month ago today, my first dog, Skippy, died. I had him since I was 11 years old (I'm 24). I was incredibly sad last month, and I still am.

At the time of this writing, my second dog, Binky, died an hour ago. I am absolutely speechless. I'm so shocked, I can't even cry. I had him since I was 13.

Both of my dogs died a month apart… Nov 14th and Dec 14th. I am absolutely speechless, stricken with enormous grief. Absolutely nothing about this Christmas is “merry.”

Dogs are gone, family membersare in the hospital, other family members continue to act like soulless antagonists. And yet, somewhere in all of this, I have to fight back the tears and move on.

There's a song by Queen that explains my situation wonderfully: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBOvOatPqnY
last edited on Dec. 14, 2011 12:42AM
Ozoneocean at 1:11AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
That's areally, really sad Nicky. Unfortunately not many dogs tend to live much past those ages so they probably both gave it their very best and had good, safe, happy lives with you, the best lives they could have possibly had.
It would've been very difficult for them to go on too much longer, but while they were living they were yours you you were theirs.
Genejoke at 2:36AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
Sorry to hear that Nicky, but you're taking the right attitude. Ozone got the nail on the head about dog ages, they are some good innings for dogs. I know that won't likely make you feel any better so my advice would be exactly what you're already doing.
I've got my sons nativity this afternoon and my daughters tomorrow, I will do the dutiful parent thing and laugh and clap at all the right moments. My son in particular is excited about it as he has a funny line and can't wait to make me laugh.
bravo1102 at 3:34AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
All things end from ebay listings to empires. All life is born to die. How one deals with those endings is one foundation of character.

Another is how one deals with getting cut off in the check-out line. Face-it life is pain, anyone who tells you different is selling something and all of life's lessons of really can be summed up in cute little sayings that permeate all human cultures and now arebeign reduced toways for people to top their friends on Facebook and Twitter.

You know I really hate some of the stuff I've written. Why is that entire sequence in there? It doesn't make any sense. I did some cool images and wanted to use them. My own conceit. And this piece of garbage just ain't worth the proverbial bucket of warm spit.

Lonnehart at 9:37AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
Ugh… my condolences on your losses, NickyP. Don't let it all bring you down…

Oh… and if anyone who plays the Mass Effect series insulted that hanar from the first game by calling him a “big stupid jellyfish”, well… um…

Blasto: The Jellyfish Stings
AlceX at 9:56AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
Is it just me, or are all the nyan cats moonwalking?
… My condolences, NickyP. Wish I could help, but no idea how. And ugh, what's with it's timing? Not just the fact that it happened a month apart, but today's my birthday. Makes me feel like my birthday is cursed or something…
last edited on Dec. 14, 2011 9:58AM
ayesinback at 10:17AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
NickyP – I'm so sorry. Pets ARE family members. I just disagree a little – don't “fight” the tears. Give yourself a break and feel as sad as you need to in whatever way you need to. Sure, it can't go on and on, but fighting it sometimes means that you carry a deeper, more painful ache. For now, the loss will loom largest – but as time goes on, the memories of the good times will out shine. Time is your medicine.

@Bravo - not exactly sure what you were writing, but I think it's possible that I might agree with some of it. I do not agree, however, that life is all about pain. I believe life is about change. Some change can be incredibly painful, but the well we dig from our pain creates the reservoir of the joy we can experience.
(ok - so you handle the dour, and I'll go for the trite – and some place in the middle is where 60% resides)

today, I feel entirely overwhelmed. Haven't slept well for about a week. wacky, unfinished dreams that evaporate when I awake. there's too much to do. and when I start something, there's an interruption: “can you look at this?” “what do you think about this?” “how are you feeling?”

I think I'm feeling an anxiety attack in the making
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Lonnehart at 10:28AM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
Um… about Nyan Cat… er… eh… hmm…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Cu5kn2dZw

Just tried something with my computer. I put the old GeForce 8500GT in my new computer system and my Radeon Sapphire 6570 into the old motherboard. Sure enough the motherbord's PCI 16 slot still works, but the GeForce is definitely dead. Maybe I can sell the old graphics card's copper heat sink to the local scrap metal dealer… hmmm…

This heat sink is pretty large for a video card… well, at least I think so…
last edited on Dec. 14, 2011 12:02PM
AlceX at 6:57PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
You know what? I seem to be some negative vodoo wizard or something… A few posts back, I mentioned as a joke that my birthday (today, the 14th) was cursed… And it seems to have come true. To celebrate I had invited family over to eat chinese food. It was fine, and at one moment they called my uncle so he went to anwser. And guess what? It was the alarm company calling to tell him some thieves had broken into his house, and had stolen the plasma TV (thankfully, nothing more). And so, he left running to his house, to check everything. The party went on, but the conversation became stuff about alarms and robery, kinda depressing stuff. The thing is that, for some reason, I feel somewhat guilty. Yes, it's stupid, but whatever…
At the moment I'm enjoying (or not that much) what's left of my birthday (5 mins to midnight over here). Sigh…
FormerDDer at 11:29PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(offline)
Sorry to have caused you to think your birthday is cursed, Alce.

Thanks for your kind (and interesting) words, guys. There's just been a lot of sorrow in my household throughout the year… and losing my fuzzy little buddies was the cherry on top.
Ozoneocean at 11:49PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
@ Lonne - that's a very pretty heatsink!

@ AlceX - That sux. -_-
Burglars are idiots. Seriously, that's why they do what they do in the first place. But big TVs are not worth stealing anyway- New models get released daily, meaning the older ones are almost worthless, and they'd be amazingly hard to move around because they're so heavy and fragile.
Small, high value items like phones and laptops would make more sense… But they're idiots or they wouldn't be stealing things in the first place. ;)

@ Nicky - Time for a kitten? :3

————–

So, I'm aware that a government department (here in Australia) is looking to pay for around about a hundred grand's worth of various crappy promotional items- caps, t-shirts etc.
Now the thing is that this particular department is responsible for looking after the health and well being of some of the most deprived native communities in the north west of the country. Usually those sorts of departments really have to struggle along with not much, and these guys want to blow 100K on a truckload of tatty crap?

I'd tell the newspaper but I doubt they be interested. They find it more exciting when a politician inadvertently swears or some pathetic TV celebrity comes to town.

Interesting to know how things work though… I wonder what the thought process was:
- “Oh, we can afford to keep another doctor on staff now to service some of the more remote communities!”
- “How about we put the money towards constructing a new health centre in one of the less accessible towns?”
- “No, no, guys! I've got it! Let's just blow the whole lot on hats and T-shirts! WOOT! WOOT! WOOT Whoopwhoopy ooogleboogle honk hONK!”
Lonnehart at 11:55PM, Dec. 14, 2011
(online)
Um… I put a little joke in that picture as well… but I guess it went over everyone's heads. Or maybe it was an old joke that made everyone groan… -_-
FormerDDer at 12:40AM, Dec. 15, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
@ Nicky - Time for a kitten? :3

Never. Dogs for life, baby.
ozoneocean wrote:
So, I'm aware that a government department (here in Australia) is looking to pay for around about a hundred grand's worth of various crappy promotional items- caps, t-shirts etc.
Now the thing is that this particular department is responsible for looking after the health and well being of some of the most deprived native communities in the north west of the country. Usually those sorts of departments really have to struggle along with not much, and these guys want to blow 100K on a truckload of tatty crap?

And what possible use would they have for buying giftshop garbage that no one else wanted to buy? Do they plan on making hospital bedsheets out of the cheap cotton from T-shirts? Man, that's outright silly. Wonder who was the genius that came up with that budget plan…

bravo1102 at 2:48AM, Dec. 15, 2011
(offline)
ayesinback wrote:

@Bravo - not exactly sure what you were writing, but I think it's possible that I might agree with some of it. I do not agree, however, that life is all about pain. I believe life is about change. Some change can be incredibly painful, but the well we dig from our pain creates the reservoir of the joy we can experience.
(ok - so you handle the dour, and I'll go for the trite – and some place in the middle is where 60% resides)

today, I feel entirely overwhelmed. Haven't slept well for about a week. wacky, unfinished dreams that evaporate when I awake. there's too much to do. and when I start something, there's an interruption: “can you look at this?” “what do you think about this?” “how are you feeling?”

I think I'm feeling an anxiety attack in the making
Tongue in cheek. That's why I started the paragraph about being cut-off in a check-out line.

Been feeling overwhelmed myself asa care-giver.I've been running hither and yon at the beck and call of the wife. I spent all last night in my usual spate of nightmares. It's not good to wake up thrashing about and yelling when the person next to you is recovering from a broken ankle and in tons of pain. The wife had to go back on oxycodon.
I have been getting my wonderful dizzy spells and migraines. It's nice when the mind can't clear and I'm in a fog all day. I can't think about how much I resent running around all the time.

There was a funny exchange in the car yesterday. I was being testy and Judy just turned and said why not tell me what's wrong?
And I snapped “How dare you suggest I express my needs with ‘I’ statements!” How dare you suggest Iuse a psychologically healthy coping mechancism to get across my feelings and needs as opposed to sulking and wallowing in my misery.
Lonnehart at 3:42AM, Dec. 15, 2011
(online)
Ugh… more car trouble, and another night of work lost. Remember when I mentioned that my left lower wheel ball joint failed? Turns out it didn't just damage the driveshaft, but now the inner steering rod was also damaged. Tried to drive out and the car shook very VERY BADLY. So rather than risk going out to work with my only motor vehicle in that condition I called out again. Looks like I'm gonna start walking to work tomorrow again as everyone who's told me they'll help me out next this sort of thing happenedareunavailable…again…

Next time they complain about how I risk my safety going the roads alone again, I'm going to point this situation out…

Oh, well… time to prepare myself for the long walk to work…

On a bright note, the two new houses I uploaded to the Sims 3 site less than 24 hours ago are doing well. 22 and 14 downloads respectively. I guess people like the houses I make for the game. Then again, I don't go for the giant mansions stuffed with everything that only a very rich Sim can afford(rich by either inheriting money through many generations, or more commonly by using cheats). Rather, I like making houses that any starting Sim can afford. Well… as long as that house isn't set on an expensive giant plot of land…

The only sad thing about the houses I've uploaded so far? I've got no recommendations for them… -_-
last edited on Dec. 15, 2011 1:41PM
rokulily at 1:32PM, Dec. 15, 2011
(online)
-random explosion-

if anyone asks, you didn't see me okay?
Lonnehart at 12:20AM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Wow… I actually did it… I made aSims 3 video…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BANzFSb_QlA
Kroatz at 5:13AM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Hello internet, Im BACK.

What have you been doing Kroatz?

Well… I was very sick, then I got better and since then I have been doing THIS:
Weather application, school project CLICK ME

(If it doesn't show up just wait, it will come)
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Ozoneocean at 5:44AM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Kroatz wrote:
Hello internet, Im BACK.

What have you been doing Kroatz?

Well… I was very sick, then I got better and since then I have been doing THIS:
Weather application, school project CLICK ME

(If it doesn't show up just wait, it will come)
LOvely! Nice music!
Want to find out what happened while you were away?
Go here: http://www.drunkduck.com/forum/topic/174836/

————–

Ah, it's Friday and I felt really sleepy when I got home so I went to bed almost straight away and had a nice long nap for about 4 hours. Lovely!
Normally I've got HEAPS of stuff to get on with and can't spare the time for a rest in the evenings, but anything I don't get done tonight I can cutch up on tomorrow because it's Saturday! Hooray for the weekend!
Kroatz at 6:00AM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Also quite lovely. A lot of the special twists were already known to me of course. That is obviously because I'm the evil mastermind that controls all those seemingly random events.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Lonnehart at 3:25PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Lovely. I've got 2 months of XBox Live now. Paid a dollar for the first month, then I got a code for a free month in my email. Luckily I can use my PayPal account to pay for my subscription as well as buy some points.

Ugh… time to sleep. Then wake up in a couple hours and walk my way back to work again, then walk back. Oh, well… I've had better Christmases…
Niccea at 4:24PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(offline)
I'm at a loss right now and I really don't know what to do with myself.

I've been scrambling for two weeks to get the stuff in order for my MBA application. I have my application submitted, transcript copied, resume updated, and one letter of recommendation in. I've been having a hell of a time getting the second letter I need.

I had a teacher say he would do it a long time ago, and I haven't been able to get a hold of him since. The semester ended today, so I have been holding doubts about being able to see him in person.

My back up never responded and I couldn't think of anyone else to write one for me on short notice.

My mother suggested her best friend who I did a mini-internship with during OT school. So, I called her up about it and all she did was tell me that I need to sic a lawyer on my school and fight for one of the best degrees on earth. She asked me what was said and when I was talki9ng to her, all that stuff that sounded sensible on paper sounded really stupid repeated out loud. I have probably a 50-50 shot of pulling this off and continuing with the OT degree…It really comes down of a big game of chicken and who is better organized. Mom's friend also wants to sort of rally to troops and pretty much rage war against the school.

And I really don't know what I want to do. There is consequences of legal action both ways including loosing the respect and possible future recommendation letters from my teachers and if I loose the case, I will be nowhere unless I have already prepared my parachute in the form of acceptance into the Business School.

So it all comes down to getting that damn letter once again. But if I look at it theologically as my mom would have me. If God intended for me to go to Business school those letters would have been turned in over a week ago and thus maybe God wants me to fight the OT School…but leaving religion out of this (even replacing “God” with “ the Universe”) I'm feeling like I'm a pawn in a game of college chess…dammit I'm supposed the be the Empress.
ayesinback at 4:35PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
@Niccea - IF a higher power is saying something to you, and It may well be, I suggest that it might be along the lines of “take a breather” and be quiet and honest with yourself for maybe a week. It might be reflection time.

OT and MBA work are significantly different. What about each of them do you like? Do you like working “hands on” with people? Are you empathic? Do you like being removed from people? Do you like to organize numbers, anticipate trends? When you play video games, are they ones that require accurate shooting and hand dexterity? Memorization of routes and character abilities? Do you like to compete against the game, or against yourself?

Maybe the Universe is suggesting you try working at a daily job of some kind for a year and see what you discover.

If you're not sure what you want, then don't go rushing just to jump off a cliff. You've got plenty of time.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
PIT_FACE at 7:10PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Niccea-if its worth it, then you will get there eventually! why is the school giving you the run around on this? either way, if you truley want this then dont give up! like Ayes said, if you dont make it THIS time around, thats time to get more ready for it. but i know what its like when you want to move on with things so badly and road blocks are thrown in your way. we all do. bottom line is dont let it discorage you. and no one can tell you what god's saying but god. use yer gut on this and remember people like you have made it through this before. good luck!
———
my own life's progressing as well but in order to do it i've moved back to Illinois, which feels like the PERFECT thing to do right now! but to do it of corse ive had to move away from all my friends in CT and hang up my fire helmet (for now) but its time to get my career goin and DO DIS LIVIN TING! better believe it.

Lonnehart at 11:30PM, Dec. 16, 2011
(online)
Ugh… both “front” computer fans started rattling and my case made a lot of noise. Luckily I managed to fix one of them but sadly the other one is broken thanks to an accident I had when I took it apart (lost the clamp needed to keep the fan in place). I wonder if a system temperature of 38-43 degrees celsius is normal for a computer system, though… I'm no expert at case temperatures and such. And apparently this motherboard comes with cooling tech only for the CPU (which currently runs between 32-42 degrees celsius)…
HippieVan at 12:36AM, Dec. 17, 2011
(online)
I haven't been sick since I finished school so I've been waiting for a cold to come on for months now. And here it is, and I'm wide awake at 2:30am as a result. And what a poor choice of time my body has made. My only day off in the next few weeks is Christmas. And I'll be run off my feet every day while everyone is Christmas shopping. I don't even know what I would do if I got sick enough that I couldn't go to work. Hopefully that doesn't happen until after Christmas.

My body is dead tired but my mind isn't and I can't breathe with this stupid clogged-up nose. I just want to sleeeeeeep…
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
FormerDDer at 8:12PM, Dec. 17, 2011
(offline)
I'm semi-heartbroken. Because of the sudden emptiness in my household due to both dogs dying together, we went puppy shopping today. At first, I felt like I was being a traitor. I loved my two dogs a lot, had them since I was in my pre-teens. Getting another one, to me, seemed like we were just shallowly replacing them.

Then my eyes locked on a two month old Pomeranian boy.

I picked him up, held him to my chest, and he licked my neck. From that moment I knew I found my new dog. Sold. I played with him in the play-area for almost an entire hour, falling more and more in love with this puppy as time went on. I got to a point where I couldn't put him down; no, I didn't want to put him down. So I asked how much they wanted.

Needless to say, he was way out of my price range. I couldn't even finance for him in good faith… I was laid off my job months ago and have been unemployed since. Things were hard as is, and making a big payment like that was too risky. With great sadness I put the puppy down, and walked away. Walked away knowing lifes circumstances @#$%ed me over one more time.

I had my sister take a picture of me holding him, so I wouldn't forget his face. I sincerely wish I'd win the lottery, so I could run over there right now and bring him home. Here: http://i.imgur.com/hdRJE.jpg
last edited on Dec. 17, 2011 8:21PM
Lonnehart at 12:19AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(online)
Ugh… life is like a game of poker. Each day you're dealt a hand and you have to deal with it…

Maybe you could go look around at the local animal shelter for a dog? However, I'm not sure how those places work or if you have to pay them anything for a new pet…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon