Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Genejoke at 1:43AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(online)
Usually most rescue places do charges for animals, that helps them fund the time they care for them. It's usually a lot cheaper than buying a pedigree puppy though.
gullas at 3:55AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(offline)
Woa, the local sleazy bar turned into quiet hip and cool sport-bar… At least the place has the looks of it's price -.-*
Kroatz at 4:20AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(online)
I really feel bad for almost everyone that posts stuff here, having pets die is always terrible. Having sleazy bars dissapear is also a very sad thing.

I currently dont have that much going on that I feel strongly about, my dad and my sister arent talking anymore, thats maybe sad, right? Also I haven't been able to draw any good stuff, although my writing and my animation have improved tremendously.

I'm almost halfway with my idea for the next radioplay, abandoning the whole detective thing a bit. I'd like to go for some sci-fi-superhero drama. keeping in style with what this website should be about, comics.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
bravo1102 at 7:00AM, Dec. 18, 2011
(offline)
Kroatz wrote:

I'm almost halfway with my idea for the next radioplay, abandoning the whole detective thing a bit. I'd like to go for some sci-fi-superhero drama. keeping in style with what this website should be about, comics.
Well that segues nicely into my title idea of Maxwell McDuff and the End of the World. That has Maxwell McDuff and plenty of room for Sci-fi super hero hijinx. The best of all possible worlds made even better because I thought of it.

Which means it'll get rejected out of hand because I thought of it.

On the good news front, I'm back to working 8 hour shifts on the weekend and it seems the staffing probelms have been solved. However because of the wife's injury I lose out on any extra shifts I could have picked up.

And there are now more hours in the day for me to procrastinate and less hours in the day to work on my comic. Which could be a good thing or a bad one depending on your point of view.
HippieVan at 8:35PM, Dec. 18, 2011
(online)
@NickyP I really sympathise with you. I know what it's like both to lose a pet you had and one you thought you might. My parents gave away my cat shortly after my other cat died when I was 5 or so and I didn't get over it for years. And volunteering at the animal shelter I fell in love, over the course of at least a couple months that he was there, a kitty who I called Lil Chaplin. The day I convinced my parents to let me bring him home was the day someone else adopted him.

I have to second the animal shelter idea, though. My doggy is from a local shelter - heck, his adoption fee was half price because he had been there for over 6 months when I got him. And he's the best dog I ever could have asked for. I was afraid of big dogs before I met him because I had been attacked by one(twice) and had been pretty badly bitten. Within minutes of meeting him that was gone. So definitely don't think that a purebred is the only way to go. Also, mixed breeds tend to have less health problems.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
Lonnehart at 12:28AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
well… called out of work again tonight. It's the first time in years I've done so this many times, but at least my boss knows that whenever I do it's very serious. In this case…

My car's left inner tie rod is about to give. If I drive it now I won't be visiting my nieces for Christmas. And I've got no options for rides right now and I won't walk/bike on the roads at night. I would've gone earlier had the person who was helping me out called me earlier, but it's late now. I guess I'll enjoy this night off at the cost of another $58 or so dollars I get from 8 hours of graveyard shift work…

Maybe I should get a pet. Living alone can really get to you sometimes. And I know just the pet to get. No maintanence at all. No feeding, cleaning up after it, no worries about it attacking visitors or misbehaving in general… the perfect pet.

Yep. I'm gonna go and get a pet rock. :)

Oh… and out of curiosity for you tech people in here. Is it a very bad thing when your dual core CPU temperature goes up to 70 degrees celsius?
last edited on Dec. 19, 2011 12:30AM
Ozoneocean at 12:36AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Cute pup NickyP!
Reminds me of that famous old sleazy Novelty song- “When your little Pomeranian met my Pekingese”

The universe does indeed work in very mysterious ways! I was very young, on holiday with my family in the tropical north of this great country, when that charming old song came on the radio. My sister and I loved it straight away.
Then a few days later we were staying at a caravan park and an elderly couple just happened to have some very cute and very unusual little tiny doggies: a snuffley little hairy one with a very squished-in flat face and a yappy little thing with a prominent forehead and a nose like a little cork.
We asked what they were- the squished face was a peak and the outward face was a pomm…

That was a big “Ahhhh” moment. That song wasn't so innocent afterall. No wonder the woman sang about her peak and the man about his pomm.
I love how they were so dirty in absolute plain sight in the old days and most people didn't even realise.
—————

OK, speaking of pets- I just got home, carrying a whole HEAP of shopping, mainly catfood, so I was absolutely buggered, only to find a flower pot smashed to smithereens with black, wet dirt and broken plant all over the place, and a hungry cat waiting for food… Hmm.
bravo1102 at 12:42AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
So I was watching something on ebay and the auction was going to go off around 2300 EST.It was at $9.99 and noone had bid. I went to bed and around the time it was ending I had a dream it ended at $12.50.

I got up and checked the item. It ended at $12.50. I saw the exact screen shot in my dream. Does this mean I can accessmy wirelessInterent network with my subconscious while asleep?
Genejoke at 1:37AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Awaits Kyupols response to bravo's question.
Lonnehart at 1:39AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:
So I was watching something on ebay and the auction was going to go off around 2300 EST.It was at $9.99 and noone had bid. I went to bed and around the time it was ending I had a dream it ended at $12.50.

I got up and checked the item. It ended at $12.50. I saw the exact screen shot in my dream. Does this mean I can accessmy wirelessInterent network with my subconscious while asleep?
Dreaming is indeed a mysterious thing. Sometimes I dream of something that happens later in the future…
Kroatz at 2:38AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
bravo1102 wrote:

YES.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 4:52AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
….maybe if I start spamming the refresh button faster, my grades will pop up sooner.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
gullas at 6:27AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
Product Placement wrote:
….maybe if I start spamming the refresh button faster, my grades will pop up sooner.
I thought so too… but it sure does not look like it…
Product Placement at 7:56AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
I'm normally a patient man but the official release date for the grades was on the 14th. It's now the 19th and I'm still waiting for the final grades for 3 of my 5 courses. Before noon today, I was still waiting on 4 of those.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 7:57AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
A'right. Finally got away everything I needed to submit to the school of management at my university. And got a comformation recepit. So, now the hard work begins. Going to take a week weighing options and deciding whether or not I want to fight for my OT degree. I figure that that the worst that can happen is I graduate with two Masters degrees within the next year. Really can't see how that is a bad thing. Or I can wait until my credits expire and re-enroll in OT school. Or I loose out and just get an MBA. Who knows. Just need to sit down and think about what I want and what the battle will be like. Put on Braveheart war paint.
ayesinback at 9:31AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Niccea wrote:
Put on Braveheart war paint.
Fight for what you believe in so Believe In what you fight for.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
Niccea at 9:33AM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
I was going to go with: 1“They may take our internships but they will never take
our grades!”
Lonnehart at 2:16PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Wow… after watching some shows on the Discovery Channel about elephant conflicts in Asia, I got this thought… what if vertical farming was implemented? Whole forests would be allowed to grow back which the elephants would love, and people would still be able to grow their crops. It would probably work except…

According to the show, there's a reason why elephants go for human farms for food. Apparently the stuff we grow is much better for them than the stuff they eat in the wild. I can see the vertical farms being toppled over by hungry elephants because it's easier for them to do so than to search the forest for food… kinda the same thing as why the bears of Yellowstone park raid campsites and steal tourist food instead of find berries and fishing for salmon…
last edited on Dec. 19, 2011 2:33PM
Product Placement at 5:03PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Lonnehart wrote:
I can see the vertical farms being toppled over by hungry elephants because it's easier for them to do so than to search the forest for food…
The hole idea behind vertical farms is to build them inside cities. Giant skyscraper greenhouses that supply the city with local produce to lower transport needs and such (would probably need allot of electricity to power sun lamps, though). I'd like to see an elephant try to get through a city, in order to take down a 20 story building.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
last edited on Dec. 19, 2011 5:10PM
Lonnehart at 5:29PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Product Placement wrote:
The hole idea behind vertical farms is to build them inside cities. Giant skyscraper greenhouses that supply the city with local produce to lower transport needs and such (would probably need allot of electricity to power sun lamps, though). I'd like to see an elephant try to get through a city, in order to take down a 20 story building.

Well, if they're willing to start eating people (well… this was a rogue female elephant but still…) a city won't deter them. Not saying that they won't be stopped, only that nothing will stop them from trying.
Macattack at 6:26PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
So back in September, when my co-op placement fell through, backup co-op placement hired someone else, and last resort co-op placement had the government shut it down due to lack of funding (it was a museum) I had decided on switching my courses from Aviation Business Management to just plain Business Management. I figured it would be an easy switch as it was within the same school, the same section of the school, and because after reading through the sylabus I figured I'd only need to do 4 more courses to graduate.
So. After spending a few weeks trying to catch the people hired to organize these kinds of changes, they tell me that A) half my business courses I've taken in aviation business management aren't “real quality” business courses so I'll have to take a semester and a half more school (kind of feel scammed but hey) and that I can't start until the January semester.
Now that I finally get the chance to sign up for my courses I realize that their “master plan” for getting me the courses I need is letting me sign up for a preorganized semester, then waiting a few weeks for everyone to get their courses and then drop all but two of the courses they gave me to sign up for and try and squeeze into 6 other courses that are most likely full…
Oye… I'm not really one to argue for my rights and all but when a person who was hired to help students transfer their courses' way of helping students is this… something is wrong with the system :/ …that being said the entire school system in general has been driving me nuts lately…
I actually gave a rant post! Yay!!
rokulily at 7:05PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
winter break~ finally time to actually do comics and whatnot without worrying about deadlines. except secret santa… i should do that… also i advise everyone to check out that thread if they haven't already- some nice stuff
Ozoneocean at 7:09PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(online)
Hooray Macattack!

————
I just realised something today:
The only thing worse than people not thinking for themselves is not thinking what I tell them to think! ^_^
It's really quite terrible.

————

I realised something else today- Looking in the mirror this morning;
Dark pinstripe trousers, black shiny leather shoes, black pinstripe, tight stretch cotton long cleave shirt with the sleeves rolled up… 1970s aviator sunglasses (dark lenses, gold rims), long curly blonde hair.

I don't look good at all. I look exactly like a snapshot of a burned out rocker from the 70s, dressing up for a night at the disco in about 1979/1980… Like someone from 10cc or something.
The self realisation is quite embarrassing and also quite hilarious.
last edited on Dec. 20, 2011 4:25AM
Macattack at 7:50PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean wrote:
I just realised something today:
The only thing worse than people not thinking for themselves is not thinking what I tell them to think! ^_^
It's really quite terrible.

The mind control hats aren't working!
bravo1102 at 11:42PM, Dec. 19, 2011
(offline)
Running around all day with the wife to her doctors and physical therapists. And today she gets a skin graft of some really cool brand new medical technology: synthetic skin to seal up the wound.

But that means taking her to the day-stay surgery and waiting around the hospital.
Ozoneocean at 4:30AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Chat up some hot nurses! ^^

——-
The other day I woke with a blocked ear, tried to clear it, there was a vacuum, finger got stuck, then excruciating pain, finger came out covered in blood. More blood coming from the ear and so on…

The hearing returned and pain went away, so once it was clear of dried blood I was considerably less worried about it.
Now however I am getting extremely annoying high pitched ringing from the ear… Looks like I may have to see a fricken doctor afterall. Dammit! This close to bloody damn Christmas too.

Crap on a monkey!
Genejoke at 4:48AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
I had a filling come out the other day and now seeing dentist thursday, in the meantime I'm dosing up on pain relief.
Trying to get the kids to tidy their rooms is an uphill struggle, I will do it myself later and throw away the old toys…. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
Ozoneocean at 5:00AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
Genejoke wrote:
I had a filling come out the other day and now seeing dentist thursday, in the meantime I'm dosing up on pain relief.
Crap on a monkey!
Lonnehart at 7:27AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(online)
I'd never do that, Ozone. I might as well ask her to kill me if I did that…

Ah, Christmas. I usually celebrate the holiday with my sister and her family, but it looks like she and her husband are working that day. Oh, well… at least my car is rolling again. For now…
Niccea at 10:29AM, Dec. 20, 2011
(offline)
Since we are talking about “what the heck is wrong with me now?!” I canceled the EMG I set up a long time ago becuase my fingers went numb seemingly at random. I haven't had that trouble in a long time. Ironically, since I stopped using a computer desk. So I'm going to chock up all those problems under positioning and fatigue…

Also, only 11 days until this thread gets replaced (New Years). Woo-hoo…ish.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon