Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Rant, moan, rave and share - for all your chatter, natter, and wildebeest needs
Ozoneocean at 5:36AM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
So I just replied to an email from a friend, and got quite a lascivious response back… o_O
Unexpected.
So, curious, I checked again to see what I'd actually written…

This is the danger of writing emails on a smartarse phone with a clever auto-substitution program- it writes very naughty things to people when you're not looking. Literally T_T

-gay wildebeest-

Scott Pilgrim is an awesome film.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
frankkerr at 6:46AM, Jan. 6, 2011
(offline)
ozoneocean
-gay wildebeest-

Scott Pilgrim is an awesome film.

It was indeed. I watched it on my android a while ago. Best time ive supposed to be working ever.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
Genejoke at 8:03AM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
Someone
This is the danger of writing emails on a smartarse phone with a clever auto-substitution program- it writes very naughty things to people when you're not looking. Literally T_T

like predictive text… I remember (some yers ago when sms was pretty new and predictive text was a hot new feature)getting a text from my mum asking me to pick up some anal on my way home. she meant coal but it came out wrong.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:33PM
frankkerr at 12:05PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(offline)
Genejoke
Someone

like predictive text… I remember (some yers ago when sms was pretty new and predictive text was a hot new feature)getting a text from my mum asking me to pick up some anal on my way home. she meant coal but it came out wrong.

That would be very awkward if you where actually asking someone for anal and then you get there all excited and get handed a bag of coal. Its like Christmas.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
seventy2 at 1:38PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
i think this forum is just an invention of my mind. because you always seem to be discussing things that are very related to my life. such as Autocorrect

I mean, let's suppose that i've just spent 15 minutes on a site recommended by a friend, that makes fun of the very thing you were just discussing. but i wasn't here for the beginning of the discussion. before my friend sent me the link.
——-

Scott Pilgrim was 1 of 2 movies i bought produced in 2010. I found it really good. (worth buying obviously) most my friends did not.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
ayesinback at 5:12PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
Scott Pilgrim is the first truly comic book movie. awesome

—wildebeests rockin

with this tune. to these lyrics (© ayesinback 2011):

Yo

The cabinets are installed!
The cabinets are installed and they’re looking f’n fine.

Yeah
The cabinets are installed.
The kitchen’s lookin better all the time

Yeah
They’re friggin cool
And the color could not be more divine

Oh Yeah
I’m playing with the drawers
It’s freakin blowin my mind

The cabinets ARE IN
The cabinets ARE IN
The cabinets ARE IN
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
rokulily at 5:40PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
musical number

i like what you did here and congrats!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:49PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
musical creation
Nice.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
usedbooks at 6:22PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
Man, I hate job hunting. I got eight rejection notices today. EIGHT. It never ends. Why do I even try?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
frankkerr at 6:52PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(offline)
I feel your pain. I applied for roughly 24 jobs in the past month…
4 got back to me. I got 4 rejections. The rest havent even bothered letting me know they dont want me.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
KomradeDave at 7:43PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(online)
Never give it up. Everybody needs somebody, and somebody needs you, and all that motivational job hunting jazz.

———-

Imagine you're working on a 2500 piece Lego structure. Now let's imagine that throughout the structure somebody used red bricks when blue was clearly the only rational choice. Now what if there were some sort of furious Lego supervisor that demanded you replace the errant reds with blues? It's not that the reds don't do the job, it's just that the blues would look nicer.
It sometimes feels like this is what I do every day now. We got a guy that sucks, but he can't be fired. We tried moving him to another department, but they figured out that he sucks and sent him back to us. This is my enemy. This is the man that uses red Lego where there clearly need to be blue.

The wife and I got to see a movie in the theater for the first time in about 2 years. It was Tangled.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: The Anti Sprite Coalition on fire off the shoulder of Cut and Paste. I watched Top Drawer glitter in the dark near the Forumhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in the rain.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
frankkerr at 8:17PM, Jan. 6, 2011
(offline)
Building legos? I wish I had that job.
Shhhh.

My Blog.
seventy2 at 2:56AM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
frankkerr
Building legos? I wish I had that job.

i think it's a metaphor. but i'm not sure. the military makes you do a lot of weird stuff when you are not directly doing your job. and since he is a marine, doubt he can really do his job inside america.

for instance, i have to work 9 hours a day. plus gym time. but, unlike a maintenance guy, i've only got 2-3 hours of work depending on the day. sometimes as much as 3-1/2. so they invented a job. i have to find out safety stuff. keep people safe. from themselves. every last thing is “common” sense.
————
about 30 seconds ago, i finally got the “you say goodbye, i say hello” subforum. ironically, i listened to that song three times this morning. (songs listed alphabetical, with the full discography)

going back to earlier, where i said this forum is all in my mind, one of my friends posted the lyrics on facebook 3 hours ago, which is why i listened to it on the zune thingy.
i've only been into the beatles for a year or two, but i'm pretty sure i would have noticed that name before. meaning that forum wasn't named that before i decided this forum needed some musical references.

i was hoping to go all day without something like this happening.
facara
Genejoke at 5:54AM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
I can't stop making comics and drawing, which doesn't sound bad but I'm all over the place doing too many and building a house of cards.

Trying to focus myself bit and making some serious efforts to improve and try different styles, hence my speed painting thread in the art and lit section.

I have a few things I need to get on and write but I can't, I just need to draw, dammit!
Ozoneocean at 8:32AM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
I'm gonna have to get Scott Pilgrim on DVD for myself. I'm not interested in the comic, it's not my thing, but as a film- yeah!
Magical reality is always something I love. Be it musical, this, or whatever. Nice easy, fun symbolism! And that was a great package of style and substance. Plus, that gay room-mate stuff was awesome.

————-

It's funny, some days go by where you get no messages, no e-mails, nothing. You feel a bit dejected. Then you get a flood and you feel harried and sunk! Can't win.
I actually have to psyche myself up to get though them all and complete the correspondence!
Thank Christ I don't have to deal with actual letters. I have an aversion to paper correspondence :(
usedbooks at 12:27PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
KomradeDave
We got a guy that sucks, but he can't be fired. We tried moving him to another department, but they figured out that he sucks and sent him back to us. This is my enemy.
That's part of what I find so irritating. So many incompetent and lazy SOBs are gainfully employed, while I can't even get anyone to give me a chance. (And by chance, I don't mean a job offer – just an INTERVIEW would be welcome at this point.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:38PM
Genejoke at 12:40PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
usedbooks
KomradeDave
We got a guy that sucks, but he can't be fired. We tried moving him to another department, but they figured out that he sucks and sent him back to us. This is my enemy.
That's part of what I find so irritating. So many incompetent and lazy SOBs are gainfully employed, while I can't even get anyone to give me a chance. (And by chance, I don't mean a job offer – just an INTERVIEW would be welcome at this point.)

In one of my jobs I was laid off with a bunch of other guys, all of us were freshly married or expecting kids. Most of us were damn good at our job. The got rid of us an kept people who came in wasted, incompetent or suspected of stealing. Turns out the MD wanted to have managers who were only committed to the company.
I could walk into a job tomorrow, it's right there if I want it… I just don't want to do cold calling.
HippieVan at 12:50PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
I'm gonna have to get Scott Pilgrim on DVD for myself. I'm not interested in the comic, it's not my thing, but as a film- yeah!

I got the DVD for Christmas, and my little sister got the comics.
The movie is awesome. I don't usually buy films, but it's just great.
As for the comics, I managed to get through the first 1 1/2 with great difficulty. They are SO BAD. I have no idea how they managed to make such a good movie out of it, but I have a great deal of respect for whoever did the screenplay.

My stomach hurts really badly. : (
I took Tylenol but it's done absolutely nothing. Bah. And I have to work in 3 hours.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
Turtlicious at 12:57PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
UsedBooks

Dude I know what you mean I have no Idea how many applications I fill no matter how nice I dress…

I mean it's getting to the point where I might just start stapling 20$'s to my applications with a note saying *you dropped this ;)*
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
ayesinback at 1:00PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
My stomach hurts really badly. : (
I took Tylenol but it's done absolutely nothing. Bah. And I have to work in 3 hours.

Ginger ale and saltines?
seventy2 at 1:00PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
Hippie Van
They are SO BAD. I have no idea how they managed to make such a good movie out of it, but I have a great deal of respect for whoever did the screenplay.

that's the secret to hollywood success. anything that sucks can be awesome, anything that's awesome will suck.
—–

oh yeah, the trailer park is settling with us. more than i requested, but much, much much less than what they attacked us with.

i can finally unlock a savings account i had frozen pay that off and splurge all the other money. :P
facara
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:17PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(offline)
Genejoke
I can't stop making comics and drawing, which doesn't sound bad but I'm all over the place doing too many and building a house of cards.

Lucky you. I have the block.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Ozoneocean at 1:35PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
ayesinback
Scott Pilgrim is the first truly comic book movie. awesome

—wildebeests rockin

with this tune. to these lyrics (© ayesinback 2011):

Yo

The cabinets are installed!
The cabinets are installed and they’re looking f’n fine.

Yeah
The cabinets are installed.
The kitchen’s lookin better all the time

Yeah
They’re friggin cool
And the color could not be more divine

Oh Yeah
I’m playing with the drawers
It’s freakin blowin my mind

The cabinets ARE IN
The cabinets ARE IN
The cabinets ARE IN

That was awesome
Skullbie at 1:55PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
Oh wow…so I might have just gotten the chance to
-Make yuri manga
-have it be published and sold online plus at conventions
-be paid for it

Hopefully it works out, not gonna say anymore since i might jinx it D;
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
ayesinback at 2:46PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
ozoneocean
ayesinback
*as above*
That was awesome
Aw. Thanks. I'm feeling Skullbie's joy/caution: no jinx, no jinx, no jinx.

But I love that that our granite-counter guy calls me sweetheart (wanted to find a clip of “Tell Me More About My Eyes” but youtube wasn't cooperating *mutter, mutter*)

so — I'm with 1337 re: drawing block. I promised an update in 3 weeks and that's Today, and haven't even started. Losing self-respect by the moment. To the three or four of you who check in, I will do my best to get it up by the end of the weekend. But I just can't guarantee.

@usedbooks and others. I've been really lucky that I haven't had to job hunt for a long time. There was a period, tho, that I was job hunting for about 6 months every 18 months, and you don't forget that easily. And my husband was “down-sized” (made “redundant”? I don't know which sounds better) in March 2009 and is still looking, so I really understand that it sucks.
So, since it hasn't helped my husband, I can't hope much that it will help you, but part of the trick is attitude, and part of the attitude is nonchalance. Desperation has a stink to it. If you can muscle up the mind-frame of “I don't give a shit”, I think it helps.

All I can say is that the friends I've had who've been hell-bent about conceiving a kid had no luck until they were able to relax about it.

I KNOW!!!!! easier said than done.
kyupol at 4:01PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
the satanic super soldier thinks I'm a CIA asset cuz I ask too many questions. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
seventy2 at 7:24PM, Jan. 7, 2011
(online)
i'm searching for houses. i'm searching 20 miles south of work. i'm finally starting to see property taxes, and house prices that i'm used to. i'm from the country before i joined up. this city life isn't for me. mostly because it's so damn expensive.

conversation with a city boy

“20 miles? man, that'd take you near an hour to get thru”
Anhour? main not even in the snow, darnnit, tek meh about 15-20 mintes be right der at the frunt gait.
“No cable”
main, we dint even hev sattelite whure i was grown up. we went outside in yonder field rode them 4 wheelers all day. it was da bomb.
facara
Terminal at 12:08AM, Jan. 8, 2011
(online)
Reminder: I love Angry Birds.

CAW CAW
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:13PM
Ozoneocean at 2:09AM, Jan. 8, 2011
(online)
kyupol
thinks I'm a CIA asset
Wait…

…You're NOT????
seventy2
“No cable”
Yeah, I dun get this either… It's like 2011 now people. We have TV on the internets!
Terminal
Reminder: I love Angry Birds.

CAW CAW
I did… But the Christmas snow stages cheat. I hate that snow can defy gravity like that, it should fall down when undercut just like other stuff, it's not fair! :(

The boomerang toucan birds in the extended stages of the main game are a pain too. Hard to get them to go the right way every time.
skoolmunkee at 2:38AM, Jan. 8, 2011
(offline)
So I submitted my passport and a big application and other documents and a huge fee back in October, for my UK settlement (which means I would no longer need a work permit to live/work in the UK)… I woke up this morning being annoyed I still haven't heard anything back, and wondering if it REALLY was true that there's no way to check on it. So while I was loading up their website, the doorbell rang. It was the postman with a registered mail package for me!

So, now I have my UK settlement/indefinite leave to remian! :] I feel like some kind of tiny celebration is in order. Which will probably just be picking up a bottle of wine while I am out today, but I might go out to dinner with a friend or something soon.

But! It means I can do my annual and longer-term financial planning, start looking at planning a holiday back to the US maybe (so expensive…), stuff like that…. and also don't have to worry if I lose my job, because now I qualify for jobseeker's allowance and most other benefits should I need them. I can also now get a second job should I want/need one (which includes freelance work or whatever). It's been so long since I've done that though I don't think I will want to now even though I can.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon